My 2009 Project...

Jaas

Prowler
Society
The Prophecy
Zanzibar Zani Jones
My 2009 Project is to survive without depositing for a whole year.

How will I start this project, in the hole or positive?
In the Green (Positive) I have a small surplus of stuff in inventory, a pistol(no amp) and some ammo.

How do we know you won't deposit?
Because I am a man of my word. I do not lie. I don't believ in it. And well, you are just going to have to believe, have faith in me.

Will you take donations?
Hmm.... I don't know. It is all about surviving. ANd a lot of people survive on the good will of others. So if you feel so inclined to do so, then by all means, do. If not, well... I am not asking for it.

How will I get money?

I plan on sweating 6 hours a day. I have been averaging about 800-1k sweat in an hour. So that should put me between 25-30 Ped a day

Once you get PED, then what?

I have it lined up like this:
I will sweat for 6 hours, and spend the last 2 selling and buying ammo and hunting.

What will you be hunting?
Since I will be limited to about 2500-3000 ammo every other day, I am going to hunt small game. Mostly Daikibas, Berycleds, and Combibos. These mobs have the best yield for sweat and loot, with a minimal amount of ammo spent.

Well how is this surviving?
I plan on taking the loot I get from hunting, and saving it for 30 days at a time, then crafting with it, until it runs out each month. Then back to step one, sweating.
The reason this will work, is because it will give me lots to do while I am in game, instead of looking for something to do, and wasting time. This way I am utilizing my time to the best of my ability.

I am going to start keeping track of the following:
Sweat Gathehred (in total amounts)
Ammo Spent
Decay on FAP, Weapon, and Tools
Skills Gained
Loot Acquired (in total amounts)
Any Globals, Hofs, or ATHs

When will this start?
Today 12 Noon EST USA

What do you hope to gain from this?
Well hopefully I hope to put and end to my own disbelief that someone can survive and profit without depositing. And once and for all, show others, that it is possible, and hopefully, encourage those who doubt EU and it's ways, to stay in game, have fun and survive.

Thanks!
Zanzibar Zani Jones
Jaas
Dan

How will I get money?

I plan on sweating 6 hours a day. I have been averaging about 800-1k sweat in an hour. So that should put me between 25-30 Ped a day

While I am sure this can be done, six hours of sweating for 30 PED isn't my idea of "surviving". That 50 cents an hour. My time is worth much more than that and I'm sure your is as well. To me it time vs fun. Sweating for six hours a day isn't fun. To me, PE is a game I play for fun, not a virtual world that I feel compelled to survive in without depositing.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just stating fact. I hope you HOF in your first hunt and can get out of the sweat shop ;)

Good luck!

If I work for 6 hours IRL I earn about 2000 PED.

30 ped takes a few minutes... Why dont you just do that? deposit some investment money and go from there? :)

Well the point is making people believe that it's posible. I could deposit if I wanted, but I want to do this. Yes I know, it seems mundane and boring, but I find it more of a challenge to do it this way. I've got time each day to do this.

Depositing is easy. Depositing gets you more ped faster. But I am trying this not just for me, but for those who want to criticize EU and MA and say it's a rip off, and whatnot. I want to show them they are wrong.

I guess it's just more of a personal quest. Something I have to do, not only to prove them wrong, but to prove myself wrong as well.

I was one of those who thought, well if I deposit, I will survive longer. No. I spent my money like crazy. So this is also forcing me to spend and invest wisely.

Make sense?

I have found that swunting young male snables puts me in profits 9 out of ten times. I go out with 10 peds of ammo and tt pistol, and come back with 12-15 peds in loot.

You might want to put this into your mix, just to have something diferent to do. :)

Good luck with your goal - I know it is possible as I know a few people that have never depo'd and play regularly - personally I chose to depo rather than spend my online time sweating!

Good luck Jaas! :thumbup:

Jamhot

i wish you the best Jass. It's gonna be a long year for you m8 but i really like the concept of what your trying to achive.

like you.. i want to belive..

but like Frigid said, i hope you Hof on your firs hunt :D

gl Jass

I know people that plays regularly even though they have never deposited but this happens thanks to reselling, not sweat gathering. Anyway, good luck.

Good Luck to an old Soc Mate.

Always good to challenge yourself (in-game & irl) from time to time.

Will be watching closely ;)

Well the point is making people believe that it's posible. I could deposit if I wanted, but I want to do this. Yes I know, it seems mundane and boring, but I find it more of a challenge to do it this way. I've got time each day to do this.

Depositing is easy. Depositing gets you more ped faster. But I am trying this not just for me, but for those who want to criticize EU and MA and say it's a rip off, and whatnot. I want to show them they are wrong.

I guess it's just more of a personal quest. Something I have to do, not only to prove them wrong, but to prove myself wrong as well.

I was one of those who thought, well if I deposit, I will survive longer. No. I spent my money like crazy. So this is also forcing me to spend and invest wisely.

Make sense?

It does make sense, and I understand your desire. But working "hard" for 6 hours a day at 50 cents an hour is not a good use of your time in my opinion.

While MA can say that one can "play for free and earn money without depositing" and be right, there are degress of 'rightness'. If I can make a penny an hour, I am making money, right? I can walk alongside the road and collect aluminum cans and make more than 50 cents an hour. Heck, I can forgo one lunch out and save as much as 24 hours of sweating, or 4 days of efforts.

Again, I understand your desire, but I'm just trying to give you some food for thought BEFORE you begin, rather than look back and regret it.

I myself and moving down to naked hunting of snables and baby berys for a while with an opalo and A101 ;). I just need to shift my thresholds a bit. I can actually get excited by having a 2 PED loot now!

dont do that m8, dont click your life away for 50 cents/hour. better get a job and during that 6 hours make even petty 50 bucks and ull have 500 peds/2hours of xtreeme hunting. in no time ill be addressing you "your uberness" and admiring ur centurion coat and ath entries.

Don't do that mate.

You can do a project like: Deposit 100 bucks (1000 peds into game), and survive with that money for a whole year.

Don't waste your time.

You can earn money. But you'll never earn your time. Spend that 6 hours with your family or even your girlfriend, you have more than 30 peds.

You can spend half an hour per week to sweat for fun, it's ok. But not 6 hours per day.

Sweating is for 'low life'. I do not want to offend anyone. But I hope you understand the truth. Time is money, and it is invaluable.

Don't sell your life at cheap cost.

I was successful doing what you are going to do, but certainly not 6 hours of pure sweating, mostly sweat hunting after the initial couple weeks of sweating. I'd rethink your choice of mobs though depending on your skills, combi and bery are not as good for newbies as people think imo, snables and sabakuma are much better.

I am subscribing and support your project.

If you want some feedback I think you should be clever and not rely only on being in the sweat fields to go a year without depo. There are alot of options, such as services to offer, which you could try. Just an thought. Your creature selection is good for this type of project. I am very sure this project will be successful, but if you plan on sweating 6 hours a day you will slowly lose your sanity. I have done it before. I won't call it a waste of time directly, but I could of used my time alot more effectively for sure. Good luck.;)

Nice project, subscribed.

Sweating isn't for low-lifes. It's a way to spend leisure time just like any other activity in EU. Sure you can make more money working a job, but you can't make more money playing a FPS... or most any other video game. The whole $/hour thing isn't something that usually applies to leisure time, so why worry that sweating provides less income than a job?

If you have the right mind-set it can be very relaxing. I don't recommend a strict 6 hour schedule of it personally, but I will respectfully leave you to set your own goals. :)

Sweating gives skills, int, and psyche. It also puts you in contact with a different group of people which can be fun.

I am pretty sure you will be successful with this project, but I'll wish you good luck just for added measure. :)

Day One...

Current PED: 0.00
Current Buying Sweat Price: .5
Purchase Goal: Chikara Investafoe ES100 (TT 12.00)
Purchase Goal: 2000 Ammo (TT 20.00)
Sweat Goal: 6400 Bottles
Weapon Used: EWE EP-22 Vanguard

Sweat in Storage: 1500
Ammo in Stroage: 907

Total Time in Game: 8 Hours 23 Minutes

Goals: Completed

*Bought Chikara Investafoe ES100
*Bought 2000 Ammo

Average Sweat Gathered: 15 Bottles
Mobs Sweated: Berycled, Daikiba, Combibo

Fap TT Value: 43.82
Gun TT Value: 43.42

First Hunt Run:
Ammo: 2907
MOB Hunted: Combibo

Loot:
343 Muscle Oil (10.29)
32 Oil Residue (.32)
96 Green Paint (6.72)
226 Animal Hide (2.26)
12 BTAU (.24)
8 Wool (1.60)
2 Thin Wool (.50)
3 Hairspray (.18)
44 Basic Leather Extractor (.44)
2 Soft Hide (.20)
661 Ammo- Combined Types (6.61)

Total TT Value: 29.36

Second Hunt Run:
Ammo: 2907
MOB Hunted: Combibo

Loot:
55 Green Paint (3.85)
231 Muscle Oil (6.93)
28 Oil Residue (.28)
3 Wool (.60)
76 Basic Leather Extractor (.76)
257 Animal Hide (2.57)
4 Combibo Skins (.92)
2 Advanced Mineral Extractors (.02)
1 Fine Hide (.25)
1 Emik S30(L) (5.20)
1 Goblin SHin Guard(F) (.76)
1049 Ammo- Combined Types (10.49)

Total TT Value: 32.63

Last edited:
Nice project, subscribed.

Sweating isn't for low-lifes. It's a way to spend leisure time just like any other activity in EU. Sure you can make more money working a job, but you can't make more money playing a FPS... or most any other video game. The whole $/hour thing isn't something that usually applies to leisure time, so why worry that sweating provides less income than a job?

If you have the right mind-set it can be very relaxing. I don't recommend a strict 6 hour schedule of it personally, but I will respectfully leave you to set your own goals. :)

Sweating gives skills, int, and psyche. It also puts you in contact with a different group of people which can be fun.

I am pretty sure you will be successful with this project, but I'll wish you good luck just for added measure. :)

I agree with you when you say that we should not decide what to do in our leisure time reasoning in terms of profitability and we should rather reason in terms of enjoyment. However sweat gathering is neither profitable nor enjoyable. It may be pleasant for a brief period of time but not if you sweat six hours a day for one year. I used to sweat a lot but now thinking about it makes me sick.

Last edited:
Just update dthe weapon ;) Man how did I forget that.

However sweat gathering is neither profitable nor enjoyable. .

other than time i wasn't aware gathering sweat cost ped :)

Seems Jaas is going to be profitable no matter what he does since he is funding himself with sweat that thought just occurred to me. :eek:

I hope ma has something nice hiding in the loot window for you so you have to sweat less :silly2:

Seems like a good challange m8

Good luck :)

/Wazza

Sorry, no time inside EU today. Was sick, throwing up and having the Hershey Squirts.... ewwwww! Sorry again!

Good luck on your goal, i tried sweating when i started. Reached 34 points in sweat gathering then quit :p

Nice project, I wish you luck.

A few things to think about or ignore
you can try to find a swhunt team at neas (though they usually use opalos to shoot) that can be fun

Saving your loot for a month is a great idea, but don't craft with it sell it on auction and keep hunting or try some mining. Unless your incredibly lucky crafting will eat up all you hard earned peds really quick (until you hit level 13 crafting can have alot of bad runs). Mining can break even a lot easier and 50 bombs can last an hour or two. Id be happy to tell you a few places to try with the TT mining gear if you want to try it.

Not sure what level your pistol hit is but ep-22 may be a huge ped sink for you which will lead to more sweating and less hunting. Check out the weapon tool on entropiatools.com to see how much dmg and how eco all the difference weapon options are (Make sure to enter in your current min and max dmg, attacks per minute and Hit Ability to get accurate results) You may also want to save up for a laser amp to get more dps and get a bit more kills per ped spent.

Set some small fun goals like looting a complete set of pixie armor,goblin armor,shogun etc that can make the hunting phase more fun.

If sweating gets boring, try some fruit and stone walking to break it up here and there. You may find that although boring, fruit walking can make more per hour then sweating (Though you earn no evade skills)

I like the idea of this project

Good luck and look forward to the updates on how you are progressing Jaas.

Back