Natural stones: interesting observation

Svarog

Slayer
I was hunting argos north of Twins as usual when a pile of Nissit spawned near me. "Ah, freebies, how nice", said I, selected it and pressed the "pick up" button. Then again and again, but nothing happen. Seconds later EU dropped me out and I figured out that my adsl connection died. "Ah, bye-bye, freebies", said I, and went to the kitchen to boil me some coffee :coffee:.

15 minutes later I came back with a cup of coffee and logged in. The stones instantly spawned near me ;). It was only 10 stones, but I believe it's much more than that – in fact, it's a nice addition to the old controversy about the origin of natural resources, I mean – are they randomly spawned around players or do they just wait for us "in the ground". I believe this case is a vote for the second theory, although I understand that it doesn't prove anything :).

i belive that they spawn because a player walks by but that they are at specific places all the time :D

Same when u walk and fruit/dung/stones disapear when your not fast enough to stop. Just turn back and they will show again. I guess the freebees will stay for a while after spawning. You prove that it's at least 15 minutes.

some two months ago i had a conversation with my girlfriend:

i was swimming near PA (don't ask me why)
she, looking over my shoulder:
- i saw something strange here today...
- where?
- five steps ahead.
lo and behold, five steps ahead it was - an underwater bombardo, with all those underwater butterflies. :)

so resources are there even if another user is looking for them.

I think they spawn independently of users.
They just have their visible range reduced to a minimum.
If they didn't, I think it would be less likely that you could find two or three next to eachother (which you can)
I also think they might grow if left alone, though this is more speculation.. (like the first wasn't :laugh:)
That could explain the massive fruit piles you can find on CND, because people don't like to pick them up there.

But leaving it is a gamble, someone else might come by and pick it up :)

I also think they might grow if left alone, though this is more speculation.. (like the first wasn't :laugh:)
That could explain the massive fruit piles you can find on CND, because people don't like to pick them up there.:)
i subscribe to this theory, too - based on my observation that piles are bigger far way from cities.

Reactions: alh
Something similar happened to me once, I found fruit but crashed before I picked it up, I didnt log back on until the next day but it was still right next to my avatar.

they are always on the ground. they don't spawn. if your running you won't see them if your not looking for them. i walk around frequently when i'm bored and find fruit and stones.

by the way lets say you see something and walk away from it. you can walk back and get it ;)

i subscribe to this theory, too - based on my observation that piles are bigger far way from cities.

cool, never thought about that, too bad I havn't kept statistics over my finds...
If its generally so, it definitely indicate they grow... (if they aren't just by design bigger further away... but you should be able to see what is more likely if you could get your hands on some stats :) )

cool, never thought about that, too bad I havn't kept statistics over my finds...
If its generally so, it definitely indicate they grow... (if they aren't just by design bigger further away... but you should be able to see what is more likely if you could get your hands on some stats :) )

things tend to re spawn for me in general areas especially at ti and from swamp to billys... some general areas are good to walk through.

In my experience with camping different sweatgathering areas the fruits/stones spawn occasionally at random locations and numbers. In the same area, about same time interval (week or month) i've found amounts from 14 up to 181 pieces of fruits. May be the random factor for them is big, 10 to 1000 or something with smaller chance for the big numbers.

This "growing theory" is very interesting but it'll be hard to check it out - you have to know the starting amount of the fruits (which you don't untill you pick them) and then guard the "vegetable garden" for some time to see if this will lead to bigger numbers of collected freebies.

Just imagine a pack of ubers guarding some rutol claims in Amethera for several weeks to collect huge bounty :D :handgun::sniper::boxer:

And then: 10000 rutol founded :wtg:
:tower:

Back