New features to enhance game play?

Dendron

Guardian
Society
Via Dolorosa
Rose Dendron Wood
Hi

I was thinking about what kind of "easy" features that could be implemented that would be interested to us, the players.

I'm interested in this for two reasons, 1) I would like to know what other players would like to see and 2) well, maybe we could come up with something that would "easily" be implemented by MA.

I have already presented these in a other thread but here are three of the top of my head:

Formicacida dungeon hunts (Version of beacon mission, egg nests instead of boxes, different insects depending on TT values of dungeon-map found) (At this time there are only three insects in the game, maybe time for some more?)

Speed amp for guns. An amp that would not increase dmg but increase fire-rate. Decay would balance usefulness. You could also have restrictions on max speed and even max/min damage of weapon.

Meteor missions, beacon mission but you end up on a meteor infested with Kreltins in a maze, no loot from mobs until you hit the queen at the end. Found through a one-time rocket and a destination card (looted/ found through mining?). Rockets could be crafted? Or the destination card could be put into the normal space ships.....

The first and last one should be able to reuse a lot of the Beacon mission code and should then not require to much new development. The second one is really just an weapons amp that changes rate of fire instead of dmg and should a such hopefully be easy to implement. (Yes I know that dmg amps for melee would also be nice but that is not a new idea).

So anyone have any other new and "easy" additions to increase game-play?

/Dendron

some pretty good ideas there. +rep

Good ideas, but i think the speed amp would have a tremendous impact on unlimited weapons making them going up in price even more.

Some good ideas. I liked the mentor mission idea alot.

they could add quests :) and yes it is possible to have quests in a rec universe.

Rewards could be unlock of new skills, or a bit of skills to boost the ones you have already or such. Ie go on a hunt to hunt x animals of type y to get an unlock of skill z or a few points of a skill etc etc

Great ideas, Ive spread too much rep in 24 hours, but Ill come back to rep you for these :)
Frankenberry

Collection quests. Collect the skulls of 10 different mobs (or 10 specific mobs) and turn into collector for reward.

Bring back mob/robot invasions (and the siren!)

Add kill lists and titles to the game so we can be rewarded for our mass slaying of mobs. (Slayer of Chirpys) I actually think this would improve game play and many would strive for certain titles.

Enhance the role of societies by having special society only dungeons.

Make auction areas PVP and equip auctioneers with ML-45s.

As an alternative to the formicada style beacon why not one in an Indiana Jones style raid on the Thorifoid Temple its been there for nearly 2 years about time it saw some use.

Ahh, the temple forgot about that one. Isn't there a big door into the mountain in Twins as well? A DOOM like mine to explore, mutants and some fort of evil Dwarfs (with machine guns!).

Any way I think that more Beaconish seperate spawned missions would be grea and increase team play, not even the real Übers can handle a Beacon mission them self due to count down, ergo team play is a must!

/Dendron

Personally I wouldn't use any of the ideas you described but I think that they could be useful to a few (or a lot) :).

:thumbup:

Back