New Global/Print Screen Capture-Free From

I really like to know why it is not working with aero enable.

As this program has a full screen detecting ability and disable Aero themes automatically temporary.
(also it may take a few seconds to detect)

Any one else with Aero themes and not work in full screen?

Maybe it doesn't work with all monitors, I am not sure.

Cheer;

I have no trouble with Aero enabled at all, but I know few others have had and disabling has worked for them.

For me it works fine most of the time but some times it takes screens like all the chat boxes and loot windows but all empty of text or loot or just clear image.
Might be caused by alt-tabing out of the game sometimes, then it might mess with aero, dont know.

One example:

It looks good so I will install and give you feedback on how it works with Win7 64bit if lootius gives me the globals to work with :)
Ditto here, I second that, I'm in. The print waypoint feature will save precious seconds whilst killing a mob.
Boo.

Well, after some weeks, I can report that after disabling the aero theme in Windows 7, 64 bit, I am getting good results. It does exactly what it says on the tin, (it does what it's supposed to.) I'm running it alongside xfire, with no problems, it seems light-weight enough. :) Thanks very much indeed. My only concern is the potential of having the waypoint sent on each death, perhaps being seen as somewhat exploitative? Hopefully not, safety in numbers :) I see a lot of people are using this. If MA asked, I would soon stop.
Boo.

I can't see a problem with sending position to chat each time you die. It is exactly what you can do yourself when you are killed. The revive countdown gives you more than enough time to do so.
For me it is a great lighweight tool for screenies and saving the keystrokes when killed :)

HI
I just started using this app a few weeks ago, works well with no major issues for me. Takes screenies every time but is a little bit random if it has the chat box on it, sometimes just the picture with no chat boxes showing the global - even 1 screen will just be the picture but second will have the text on it, sometimes the other way around and even sometimes both have just the picture but if i do a manual prtscrn then that has the text on it ok. No idea why.
I usually get the swirlies but not at their best, have tried using the global capture delay slider in the setup global file but it doesn't seem to save my change and immediately resets to default 720.
No major problem but would be nice to have it working 100% well.
Thanx you

... have tried using the global capture delay slider in the setup global file but it doesn't seem to save my change and immediately resets to default 720.
Yea, have noticed the same thing.

Try to edit delay directly in "pesetting.ini".

I had exactly the same issues until I disabled (changed) my windows 7 64 bit aeros theme to a basic theme.

0.0.3.8 - 06-April-2012

Hi;

I see some people reported bugs here.
I thought some one would not notice them:)

I fixed many minor bugs but haven't release new versions.
Don't want a release for every minor issue.

Change log:

version 0038 (06-Apr-2012)

1: print screen/global screen in Windows mode is now without Windows title and without border.(Windows Vista, 7)
: a screen shot would look as you would capture a screen from a full screen Windows.
: Also this feature may improve your privacy by not displaying what's on your background with Windows transparent borders.
: To enable this option you have to set "No Windows frames" enable in the advance setup.
: This option is for Entropia Universe Client only because of unexpect results for other Windows clients.

2: Add "Option" from the right click on the tray icon to bring up XandraX setup.
: and improvement of the right click menu on the icon.

3: Add Paypal donate button in the about XandraX.
: to show your generosity, right click on XandraX icon, then About, then click "donate via PayPal)

4: correcting global file name in a situation where a special character is used in the global chat.

5: Fixed in a rare situation where backing up chat.log taking too long -
: XanraX will report chat.log file is missing in the next run.

6: second global shot now delays about 1 second.
: To reduce the chance of having two bad screen shots.
: Some times the screen shot misses the global chat text or parts of the picture.
: previouse versions have a very short delay, and the chance of having two bad screen shots is high.

7: better error messages when XandraX found a problem.

8: support other languages for MA time displays in XandraX Setup.(how did I forgot that)

9: fixed Global capture delay(1) doesn't update when Send Global Time/Position is enable.

XandraX limitation:

1: Limitation: some times the screen shot does not capture the global chat text or some parts of the picture.
: this limitation is only for directx games/programs.
: this happens often if you see lags or slowness while playing.

: this can be fixed by implementing opengl or directx to XandraX
: this may or may not happen.

ps: please report any issue with new feature: screen shot without Windows title.

dandy

Hi dandy, love your tool ;)

I had lots of globals with nice screenies like this one:

But lately I had a Hof (rare for me in these times :D) and the screen looked like this:

The automatted screen (HoF with swirlies) and the manually made screen (HoF Table) looks just snipped and I don't know why :D
Well, the interesting stuff is there so it is no big problem, just wondered why this happened.

Every other screenshot after this hof was okay again.

FYI: I play in full screen mode, Windows 7, Aero deactivated while playing.

Oh, and did I mention that it is a great tool? :D

UPDATE:

Nevermind... I read your post above mine... seems this sometimes happens and it just happend when I got a HoF :D

Last edited:
version 0039

Hi

A version I like to get out of my back.
Fixed the annoying zip progress box.

version 0039
1: move backup and zip chat.log to the startup of XandraX instead of during running.
: Now XandraX will not interupt during game plays.
: But still moving chat.log to chat_log folder when it gets too large.

2: Zip file name for backup chat.log is now monthly instead of yearly.
: eg chat_log_201206.zip
: to reduce compressing time and to reduce zip file corruption.

3 fixed long global file name on tax land area with customized names.

And I like to show you my recent ATH, I don't know this screen capture will bring you luck.
But certainly not bring me bad luck.

dandy

Getting this error lately a lot. If I hit OK cant adjust anything in the program or even use it.
Had this error before last program upgrade also.

Getting this error lately a lot. If I hit OK cant adjust anything in the program or even use it.
Had this error before last program upgrade also.

same here... it suxs =(. Tracker wont work now xandra booo

ooohhh

I will find out what I changed in setup_globalx*.exe that breaks it.

Much test is done on x32 since I don't use x64 any more.

In the mean time try.

1: Use 32x version.
2: run XandraX finds me errors tool version 3.6: (27-Sep-2011) if it finds any error.

cheer

dandy

ooohhh

In the mean time try.

2: run XandraX finds me errors tool version 3.6: (27-Sep-2011) if it finds any error.

cheer

dandy

thanks dandy! yes i run 64 as well...

dude your thing is awesome. it found the issue, i replaced the file. It works great!

Ty for this... +rep

Didnt find any error and all other programs were closed(even EU), so I downloaded x32 version and it seems it works now.

Thanks!

ooohhh

In the mean time try.

cheer

dandy

I downloaded for the first time this tool yesterday

I changed my ava name in ini file the tryed to launch it ( EU was already launched)

But I get the error Driff has, I use the 64 bit version

Also when I check my task manager, globalx64.exe is killing my PC about 90% proc usage and about 1600 MB memory used, very strange, my whole PC almost freezes

IF I understood I can use the 32 bit version even if my OS is 64?

Do I have to do any other settings except ava name in ini file?

I downloaded for the first time this tool yesterday

I changed my ava name in ini file the tryed to launch it ( EU was already launched)

But I get the error Driff has, I use the 64 bit version

Also when I check my task manager, globalx64.exe is killing my PC about 90% proc usage and about 1600 MB memory used, very strange, my whole PC almost freezes

IF I understood I can use the 32 bit version even if my OS is 64?

Do I have to do any other settings except ava name in ini file?

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

Yes, you can do manually by editing pesetting.ini and read manual.txt for details.

The only thing I think of your PC CPU is high at the start up of XandraX is it does chat.log maintenance.
Especially the first time user, may have a very big size of chat.log file, this should be one off.

Other way for now is to use x32 version.

cheer;

danduy

Great

Thanks alot! :)

version 0040 fixed crash on version x64

Hi;

This version fixed crashed on version x64.

Got a friend to do the test run, and he had no error.

Thanks who have reported the problem.

I will take a long holiday from this program if it has no more errors.

dandy

Hi;

This version fixed crashed on version x64.

Got a friend to do the test run, and he had no error.

Thanks who have reported the problem.

I will take a long holiday from this program if it has no more errors.

dandy
Thank you for the the hard work!! Have a great holiday and get a nice fat hot!! :yay:

I'm having this silly problem with the new version (installed new version when i re-installed windows on my new machine, same OS though so).
Everytime i start the program, it won't take any screenshots (not even with printscreen) untill i open it up from my taskbar, and press "OK", any idea what's causing this?
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 x64.

This thing just stopped working for me alltogether :/
Last wednesday it was running just fine on our sochunt, didn't change anything on my computer, just went to sleep, the next morning, when starting XandraX up, it just keeps giving me:
"Line 705 (File c:/blabla/setup_globalx64.exe): Error: Variable used without being declared."
Already deleted all the old files, downloaded again, at still the same :scratch2:

Edit:
Just noticed the XandraX_finds_errors, and it generated this:
20121211_12_49_26_021 ==== Start error report ===
20121211_12_49_26_021 Error: unable to detect the increase in size of the file C:\PATH\Entropia Universe\chat.log
20121211_12_49_26_021 Solution: a program(other Entropia tools) may have constantly deleted the file C:\PATH\Entropia Universe\chat.log
20121211_12_49_26_021 === End error report ==="

Edit2:
Just deleted the log file and it's working now again. :p

Last edited:
XandraX version 0.0.4.1

Current VU has broken XandraX

MA changed Entropia Universe Client title to Entropia Universe Client [planet].

XandraX now changed to detect Entropia Universe Cleint *

version 0041

1: Add option backup chat files when exit XandraX under [Globals] in pesetting.ini
bkexit = 0 is default, change to bkexit = 1 to enable.

2: able to choose where to backup chat files.
Under Advance Setup from XandraX Setup

3: option for Private chat file for backup.
pvchatfile = MyDocumentsDir\Entropia Universe\private_chat.log as default.

4: Fix screen shot for missions from current VU changed

5: Fix global screen shot and fix send position/waypoint when you were killed from current VU changed.

Win8 x64 question

This seems to run okay under Windows 8 x64 however I can't get the options window to open. When I try it opens then I get a variable undeclared error and it closes. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Krellor

XandraX version 0.0.4.2

Hi;

version 0042
1: Fixed setup_globalx64.exe crashed on Windows x64 in some situations.

version 0041 users who don't see any errors don't have to upgrade.

dandy

Hi! =)

I started using this software and it worked the first day of using it, (two things screenshotted)

BUT now it doesnt work, even if im in a team or not.. (I copy the team name from ingame)

XandraX finds me errors

Hi! =)

I started using this software and it worked the first day of using it, (two things screenshotted)

BUT now it doesnt work, even if im in a team or not.. (I copy the team name from ingame)

Try XandraX finds me errors tool to see if it finds any problems.
The tool is available from page 1. or;

XandraX finds me errors tool version 4.1: (28-June-2013):
This tool will give you an error report that may cause XandraX from operating normally. You can use it any time to find problems.
To run: extract the zip file and put the file in the same folder as the globalx folder then run then open error_report.txt after a few seconds.
XandraX_finds_errors.zip ...... md5: ab3bdc93ae1c34b7917e295bfd86bad8

Back