New ME Use Ideas !

aymthebest

Alpha
Society
AF-RFC
Hi all!

Well, at first, i wont deny the fact that what really pushed me to post this, is the sweat price, but please don't let your anger and boredom of the sweat threads control your replys :rolleyes: ... because what i'm exposing are new ideas concerning the use of mind essence in PE.

A friend of mine told me "MA should introduce a gun that uses ME", well that's not a bad idea, even though the words gun and mind don't really match ;)
maybe it would be a gun with attractive stats, so that many people use it, and the ME demand would increase ..

So another friend told me "what about new chips?", then ideas started to pop up : :rolleyes:
A storm chip, not a firestorm, but some wind storm, that would agitate the creature for several rounds, doing up to 4 times damage, according to skills/chip level ..
An earthquake storm, the earthquake effect surface would change according to chip level too.
Also three ideas that could easily replace the boring decoys :
1- A Paralysis chip, that would freeze the creature in place, and allow the
player to escape away at a certain distance.
2- A speed chip, that would allow the player to speed up, and be able to
outrun the actually unoutrunable mobs to a certain distance, this would
help miners whom are too far from any TP as well.
3- A distraction chip, which would annoy the creature, and prevent it from
attacking for a certain while.
Of course those last 3 chips's concentration would not take alot of time ... Sorry decoys lol.

Well, this would drastically raise the ME demand = Sweat demand, and would at the same time provide some new toys, and add some more fun :)

I hope these ideas, or at least one of them, seemed attractive to you guys!

Expecting pages of feedback, and also planing to send a message to MA ..

Regards,

DEF

Good ideas and considering MA haven't added many new things into MF these days, it's time for some new toys than lots of useless nerve blast chip (TT food). ;)

I thought about an idea one evening, whether it would be workable or not i have no idea.

Rather than more uses for ME, i thought perhaps sweat as a component for stim drugs, that have diffeent effects. For example a stim that grants a temporary health boost, another that is found to make perception sharper, reactions maybe helping evade....
Of course the stims would work short term maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

A bit off topic, but with animal oils now available perhaps a way is found to make paint with new plant types (using botany skill to aid finding them) or animal parts (biology), just seems a little dumb that we can make weapons etc and not paint.:)

First off a gun - they have one it is called nerve blast chip I use one at this point but it is a waste of money. Even with the price of ME at 200% that is double the normal ammo price. Use a gun its cheaper. I think the only reason there is still such a pull for ME is Heal and TP but that is juat what I think.

Hi all!
Also three ideas that could easily replace the boring decoys :
1- A Paralysis chip, that would freeze the creature in place, and allow the
player to escape away at a certain distance.
2- A speed chip, that would allow the player to speed up, and be able to
outrun the actually unoutrunable mobs to a certain distance, this would
help miners whom are too far from any TP as well.
3- A distraction chip, which would annoy the creature, and prevent it from
attacking for a certain while.

DEF

grear idea's rep plus:D

First off a gun - they have one it is called nerve blast chip I use one at this point but it is a waste of money. Even with the price of ME at 200% that is double the normal ammo price. Use a gun its cheaper. I think the only reason there is still such a pull for ME is Heal and TP but that is juat what I think.

Off topic but a friend did make ped in an experiment with nerve blast;). he sweated his own ME and used minor nerve blast to hunt, after the experiment with a couple of K ME he sold psychotropy. He profited from loot and sale of psychotropy chip, and gained other skills associated free.:)

I think they will and should come up with some new ideas and some of yours sound very interesting. Anything at this point to get use of ME up would be nice. While they are at it maybe they could find more uses for pets so it's not just a stale boring skill that basiclly does little to entertain atm. Drop a few more minor tp chips would also be a step in the right direction. More people using those to hop around would use up more ME.

I thought about an idea one evening, whether it would be workable or not i have no idea.

Rather than more uses for ME, i thought perhaps sweat as a component for stim drugs, that have diffeent effects. For example a stim that grants a temporary health boost, another that is found to make perception sharper, reactions maybe helping evade....
Of course the stims would work short term maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

A bit off topic, but with animal oils now available perhaps a way is found to make paint with new plant types (using botany skill to aid finding them) or animal parts (biology), just seems a little dumb that we can make weapons etc and not paint.:)

Very very good ideas mate, there is so much to do, and we don't need alot of imagination and creativity to come up with new ideas, MA has just to say yes and work their butts off to implement it :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtocoh

Actually mate i said a gun, not a chip, and yes there is nerve blast and firestorm chip, which are attack chips, but when i say a gun, i mean a carbine/pistol/cannon etc ... :)

Thank you all for your feedback :)

MORE BUMP FOR MF !

I think the most helpful new use would be some sort of psychotropic protection field. Using the chip would give a number of charges, and each charge would protect against a certain amount of damage. Different levels maybe give different type/amount of protection. Maybe separate chips are based on psycho, bio, and pyro skills.

The cost of use would make it more expensive than armor decay, but maybe less expensive than fapping. Also, ppl without uber armor could possibly get a shot at killing bigger mobs, or making it out of pvp4 alive.

An uber version of the protection field chip could provide active protection, so that anyone attacking the field receives some of their damage reflected to them.

I doubt MA will ever make mindforce economically competitive with other methods of hunting. But uses like this allow the MF user to do what cant be done otherwise, while adding an important "coolness" factor.

I love this thread, all good ideas :)

rep + for creator

Yes - some good ideas here.

But...

Yes - the short term effect will surely be:
Higher price of sweat, nexus , ME.

And the long term effect will be:
Sweating proffession = more attractive = more sweaters (less quitters) = more supply = lower prices.
Higher ME prices = less mindforcers = less demand = lower prices.

So the market will regulate itself like it always does.

agreed - there should be some other attacks implimented OR at least bettered (nerve blast highest level is MODERATE? which is totally worthless if one is wanting to use blast for effective hunting - at least with firestorm one can actually kill a mob with 1 or 2 hits)

limited time effects for positive attributes is good thought for Mind Essence.

wondering how we can get MA to help us work it out ... ????

Great ideas.

I once posted a Storyline here on EF which involved implementing new Mindforce capabilities via an interdimensional sentient race of beings I removed it to work on revising it and adding concept art to it for my Blog but it mainly dealt with MF enhanced weapons, armor, and equipment. Basically anything can be loaded up like focus charges and discharged during use. So it would be sort of like a MF amplifier so to speak.

With the new PhysX engine and rag doll effects plus a new game engine on the Horizon they might be able to make MF more effective if it can control the environment. I still think it should be used to hack robots to make them do your bidding which would be a sort of robot taming. If they ever want to make MF popular they need to start making the reload, decay, and damage more like other weaponary and they need to add items which enhance the effects like better implants, helmets, Staffs like the Thorifoids, or clothing items even some type of goggle. I could see a rapid fire pulse nerve blast attack being very useful.

Enhancement is the key to MF whether it be enhancing normal items we use everyday or coming up with new MF items to enhance that profession.

There has to be incentives to use it or people will just use easier options. Teleportation is probably the most widely used MF and its worth it. I just have to think back to before it was implemented and remember how hard it was to run a big oil deposit to a city to realize its incentive.

Well first Aandar, as i said, looking at the negative side of stuff is very positive ;) but even 1.0 would be enough for the sweat price, so even if price of ME would be to raise, it woudnt go above 250%, mentioning it was 300% almost a year ago :)

And another fun idea i've had : is some prior view chip, that would work like a satellite, and you would be able to see the environments around u in a certain diameter... according to chip lvl again... maybe that would allow you to check who's at the rig before going to it, or go deep into some forest protected by neconus, see if you can catch some boorum :D:D

Anyway ... Thank's all for feedback :)

Cheers,

DEF

Nice idea.

The question is although: What ARE the MA plans for MF.

One more thing:
When thinking up new ideas - have in mind that they would have to be financially attractive from MA's point of view.
Because there is absolutely no chance MA will work their butts off (design, coding, testing, bug fixing) only to implement new features that would decrease their profits.

exactly, i didnt negligeate that point Aan, the decay of the chips would be higher than regular chips we have these days, and of course it's after all a hunting tool, so it's going to have same rules as normal hunting :)

Didn't they work their butt off to get the new lands north of shinook ;) and only for new creatures :) didn't they work their butt off to implement each new isis and geotrek :rolleyes:

And another fun idea i've had : is some prior view chip, that would work like a satellite, and you would be able to see the environments around u in a certain diameter... according to chip lvl again... maybe that would allow you to check who's at the rig before going to it, or go deep into some forest protected by neconus, see if you can catch some boorum :D:D

Oooo, I like this. Instead of teleporting yourself you could teleport an apparition of yourself, which would change your point of view, and maybe scare the crap out of somebody :laugh:

No lol, only the view, not an ollogram that would scare the crap out of an orange pyjama pick nicker :D

ermmm, BUMP :scratch2: I don't want this thread to die at this point !!!!

My ideas:
Make mindforce more "cool and hip" lol
IMHO Some rich ubers would be more willing to become mindforcers if they could levitate, walk on water, have halos around their heads, make spectacular firecraker shows like Gandalf did in LOTR and do other cool useless tricks unavailable to a common mortal hehehe.

Would be like clothes that are pretty much useless, but make their owners more cool and respected.

My ideas:
Make mindforce more "cool and hip" lol
IMHO Some rich ubers would be more willing to become mindforcers if they could levitate, walk on water, have halos around their heads, make spectacular firecraker shows like Gandalf did in LOTR and do other cool useless tricks unavailable to a common mortal hehehe.

Would be like clothes that are pretty much useless, but make their owners more cool and respected.

ALSO GOOD IDEAS !

Back