new planet Predictions

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I thought while we are waiting for the Marco interview and maybe to the Cryengine release we'll have a go at predicting what the new planets will be like...

Predictions are not as difficult as you may think. For example here is my prediction one:

- CKI planet will have new mobs which deal different types of damage that we have never seen before. This will allow CKI to have new types of armour.

prediction 2:

- Similarly we may have guns that do different types of damage to those we have encountered. Again opening the way for new types of guns.

This set up allows CKI to make their own armours annd guns as well as allowing us to use our existing guns and armours. For example you may have mob that deals 50%impact and 50%plasma.

... Do you have any prediction(s)?

There are still HUGE gaps in Mindforce. Maybe new chips?

btw,

There is no real "plasma" type of damage. Plasma rifles do a combination of the standard damage types. However, we have no "radiation" or "sonic" dmg types yet.

i used plasma just to illustrate different damage - there may be a robot for example that fires plasma...

sonic and radiation yes they are better examples of new types of damage.

the current armours we currently have, have some stats that, as far as i can see, do not get used such as Shrapnel, Close, Firearms. There again, one of our more learned colleagues my well correct me on this.

Whilst i'm not going to say no to more types of armour (as that's the service SFE does supply to the community) i would like to see the armours we have now have an expanded role so that the unused stats get some use.

What i'm waiting to see is if travel is going to be simple enough that we can expand our service to the new planets so we can offer those communities the same service we offer this one.

Robot Planet.............

For Heaven's Sake, please let there be a robo planet. It should be the next logical step. Beacons show proof that the robos attack us from somewhere other than Calypso.

So if Planet C isn't going to make one I hope someone does. At least one of the planets should feed off of the original storyline. Maybe Earth is Robo Planet which is why we had to move to a new planet, we destroyed the atmosphere for human living conditions and now only bots thrive there.

You could put me down for a racing-pvp planet. Mad Max style, cars with guns, but different areas for different types of tracks and vechials.

For Heaven's Sake, please let there be a robo planet. It should be the next logical step. Beacons show proof that the robos attack us from somewhere other than Calypso.

So if Planet C isn't going to make one I hope someone does. At least one of the planets should feed off of the original storyline. Maybe Earth is Robo Planet which is why we had to move to a new planet, we destroyed the atmosphere for human living conditions and now only bots thrive there.

You could put me down for a racing-pvp planet. Mad Max style, cars with guns, but different areas for different types of tracks and vechials.

Love the Mad Max Style idea :)

+

Hi..I think wathever it would be - that most off ours skills will be useless on the new planet because MA wats a lot new players not the old who are able to take all the "goodies" in a few weeks.

Last edited:
the current armours we currently have, have some stats that, as far as i can see, do not get used such as Shrapnel, Close, Firearms. There again, one of our more learned colleagues my well correct me on this.

Plasma and Support weapons do Shrapnel dmg, but I don't think any mobs do.

"close" is a combination of stab/cut/impact.

"firearms" is penetration/shrapnel/burn

Plasma and Support weapons do Shrapnel dmg, but I don't think any mobs do.

"close" is a combination of stab/cut/impact.

"firearms" is penetration/shrapnel/burn

Thanks Rumsponge some nice info there...either i didn't know this or had forgotten...

ironic how we find more about our current situation whilst thinking of the future
:holyshit:

i used plasma just to illustrate different damage - there may be a robot for example that fires plasma...

sonic and radiation yes they are better examples of new types of damage.

what kind of plasma? :silly2:

(plasma = a state of being for mass) ;)

Not that I'm a big MF user, but it would be cool to see some sort of creatures that are only effected by MF (someone else suggested that long ago). I, personally have always thought that each mob type should be effected differently by different types of weapons. Be nice to see that one sneak in somewhere.

Posted via Mobile Device

Corrosion (super decay), confusion...blah I could go on with the d&d spells.

Not that I'm a big MF user, but it would be cool to see some sort of creatures that are only effected by MF (someone else suggested that long ago). I, personally have always thought that each mob type should be effected differently by different types of weapons. Be nice to see that one sneak in somewhere.

Posted via Mobile Device

i was thinking along similar lines too...it's certainly a possibility but i thought something like that would only anger many players, as their weapons may no longer damage as much on certain creatures but then again if the same weapon caused more damage to some other creatures then maybe players would not be so upset...

what kind of plasma? :silly2:

(plasma = a state of being for mass) ;)

i wouldn't have thought that was important. To most people plasma is a type of laser, though technically your right some substance with mass. Maybe different plasmas could be used - I hadn't considered that.

Corrosion (super decay), confusion...blah I could go on with the d&d spells.

what are d&d spells?

robots and other players? :)

you mean Akhbal-Cimi? :D

made a thread about that a while back, got some nice input... however, the thread is dead now and shouldnt be necroed :D

If you do, however, wish to view it, here is a link: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/93483-robot-planet.html

Hi..I think wathever it would be - that most off ours skills will be useless on the new planet because MA wats a lot new players not the old who are able to take all the "goodies" in a few weeks.

except that it's not up to MA to decide that, it's the planet owners ;)

and all skills will at least (probably) be transferrable, maybe not useable though :D

i wouldn't have thought that was important. To most people plasma is a type of laser, though technically your right some substance with mass. Maybe different plasmas could be used - I hadn't considered that.

what are d&d spells?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_(physics)

In physics and chemistry, plasma is a partially ionized gas, in which a certain proportion of electrons are free rather than being bound to an atom or molecule. The ability of the positive and negative charges to move somewhat independently makes the plasma electrically conductive so that it responds strongly to electromagnetic fields. Plasma therefore has properties quite unlike those of solids, liquids or gases and is considered to be a distinct state of matter. Plasma typically takes the form of neutral gas-like clouds, as seen, for example, in the case of stars. Plasma does not have a definite shape nor a definite volume.

d&d spells = spells from dungeons and dragons...

thanks for the wiki info on plasma.

yes i remember reading the thread about non-populated planet. Thats more of a wishlist which they may implement.

Since you also raise the skills question, hmm thats been answered to some extent by Marco/David. Planet creators can choose to use existing skills if they want and/or have their own skills - at least thats my understanding.

You used entropedia i guess :)

Close means anything that is done by close combat (cut/stab etc)
Firearms is anything that is done by guns (burn, penetration)

But shrapnel, is only used in pvp. Good Idea :)

Predictions are not as difficult as you may think. For example here is my prediction one:

- CKI planet will have new mobs which deal different types of damage that we have never seen before. This will allow CKI to have new types of armour.

... Do you have any prediction(s)?

I predict that not a single Mob will exist on the CKI planet nor any guns either! I think you are wrong in thinking that New Planets will be anything remotely similar to Calypso!

Mav

My long list of predictions:

• Most of the new planets will be VERY boring (for me and you), and will be aimed for a completely different audience than us who play EU. Shopping planets and education planets etc.
  • A LOT of new people will swarm in with the new planets at first, to check it all out. Most will disappear again very fast. Then the flow of new people will slow down a lot. (But will remain a good deal higher than EU alone has now)
  • One of the new planets, will actually be interesting as mmorpg. Many people from here will swarm to this new planet to try it out.
  • Creators of the new mmorpg planet will also want to make money, so after a while, people will realize it's not cheaper than EU but kinda the same economically.
  • I've never seen a game like EU before, which is able to still be interesting after 4+ years. None of the new 'game planets' will be able to copy that. They will attract a lot of new people, faster than EU does, but will fail to hold them as long as Calypso does. Some of those people will end up at Calypso and stay. Calypso will grow. Slowly.
  • Of the 'non-game' (educational and shopping) planets, some will be succesful. But they will get a slow start. Some will disappear again. As the RL economy gets back on track (hopefully within a year or two), one or more of these will finally blossom.
  • MA or another partner, will eventuall create a new planet, with a fantasy theme. A competitor for WOW, just on the EU platform and ofc with RCE etc. It'll be a great success.

Last edited:
My predictions:

1) We will need to subscribe to each planet we would like to go to. Entropia updates will (hopefully) be seperate for each planet so that we avoid large downloads each time the graphic designers of a planet (we have no interest in visiting) adds new content.

2) The EULA will be different for each planet. This will make it easier for planet developers to tailor their product to local markets and local law. Probably useful in countries that have laws that differs a lot from Sweden (example: China).

2b) We will see betting/gambling planets run on servers located in countries with liberal laws on this.

3) Some planets will have another currency than the PED. This is an advantage for planet developers that want to create a product that attracts a local market. Depositing from a country with a currency that is unstable vs the dollar is risky if you ever want to withdraw them again.

3b) Currency exchange within Entropia will have fees associated with it.

4) Even though Entropia and Calypso now become partially seperated as businesses there will still be a long time before we see a planet that competes directly with Calypso. The first planets will probably be of a very different nature (as metioned earlier in the thread: shopping, education, etc.)

My predictions above is mostly based on my assumption that the main reason for Mindark to introduce planets is because they want to earn money on franchising their software. I.e. give/sell the game engine to other companies and earn money from their income. This transfers risk from Mindark to the planet developers (good for MA). MA still has full control (also good for MA).

Back