New story line?

Nor Alien

Elite
Society
The Gathering
Nor Alien Euqcab
Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or not? On planet calypso web site under planet calypso tab, the story line is different then I remeber.
http://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/

You are invitied into the future to join an open-ended social, economic and political action-adventure as a human colonist on a distant!alien!planet. Explore over 1500 square kilometers, developing more than 200 unique skills, as you follow you own unique story with others from!around the world.

You will enter a new chapter in Calypso’s story. After an exhausting five year conflict with an invading robot enemy, the long awaited promise of peace and prosperity on Calypso remains elusive. With the robots mostly repelled to their home world Akbal-Cimi, cracks in colonist solidarity are emerging.
!
The war-time economy has produced industrialists with the resources to buy up Calypso’s precious land, while disgruntled ex-soldiers are left to wander Calypso, hunting and mining for their survival.
!
Have you got what it takes to stake a claim on Calypso?

Maybe we will have to stay alive by eating Solis Beans ... don't stay too close to the next player at the terminals, though. :ahh: :eek:

Not New just Dynamic....It appears to be a continuation of the old history to me.

Sound to me like we are chasing the competiton now...

Vehicles, tiering, sounds like factories are in the works...

My sugestion is leave Calypso alone and without the vehicles, major land ownership, building rights and factories. Design a planet from scratch that is larger and able to support all this stuff space wise.

The coding in EU is OBVIOUSLY more then they can handle as it gets proven every VU with reacurring bugs and problems arising in things they supposedly have not touched for the new VU. They need to stop working with left over shit and start fresh now they have a decent handle on CE2 judging by what they did in Troy.

Oh?
We beat the robots?

Why the hell didn't Carramon issue a boasting press conference about that??

"With the robots mostly repelled to their home world Akbal-Cimi"
Say what?

1. Calypso is crawling with bots
2. We repelled them by hitting their War Titan with our faces and dying.
They made a leisurely exit, if they left at all.

But they got the part right about hunters and miners trying to survive!

LOL to all the replies so far! But I do agree the story line seems to be a bit strange...
I do hope that they continue to add to it and not let it become a lost thought! ;)

My guess is that that thought is already lost...

Tbh never seen a game with so thin lore. Is there even any? And I've been through a few games earlier. :rolleyes:

WTF?

Dear Mindark / FPC

DON'T FRACK WITH THE STORY!

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make it any more clear. Disgruntled soldier? Frack you, I'm a colonist! I arrived on a civil transport, even in those early days the shuttles were attacked on every run. The Feds clearly aren't doing their job, so of course the people of Calypso are forced to take arms against monsters, mutants, and the robot menace.

Arms? You bet your ass I'll take up arms when the Federal Imperial government lets us down again and the robots break through. I'll pick up my trusty Fusil and again don the colors of Dragons Shadow. My Soc mates and I will make those metal mofos pay dearly for everything they try to take from us!

In the meantime, hopefully RDI is still intact somewhere, doing some reverse engineering on the robot technology we've managed to capture. Only that will turn the tide of war.

The robots must pay for Typhon's attack on Hadesheim. The destruction of our Capitol city is a abomination that must be dealt with by retribution!

Trob Tedser, where are you in our darkest hour???

WTF?

Dear Mindark / FPC

DON'T FRACK WITH THE STORY!

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make it any more clear. Disgruntled soldier? Frack you, I'm a colonist! I arrived on a civil transport, even in those early days the shuttles were attacked on every run. The Feds clearly aren't doing their job, so of course the people of Calypso are forced to take arms against monsters, mutants, and the robot menace.

Arms? You bet your ass I'll take up arms when the Federal Imperial government lets us down again and the robots break through. I'll pick up my trusty Fusil and again don the colors of Dragons Shadow. My Soc mates and I will make those metal mofos pay dearly for everything they try to take from us!

In the meantime, hopefully RDI is still intact somewhere, doing some reverse engineering on the robot technology we've managed to capture. Only that will turn the tide of war.

The robots must pay for Typhon's attack on Hadesheim. The destruction of our Capitol city is a abomination that must be dealt with by retribution!

Trob Tedser, where are you in our darkest hour???

WOOT!!! :yay:Awesome!!! :wtg: Let it be known to the federal imperial government..... we are NOT amused!! ;)

Last edited:
Sound to me like we are chasing the competiton now...

Vehicles, tiering, sounds like factories are in the works...

My sugestion is leave Calypso alone and without the vehicles, major land ownership, building rights and factories. Design a planet from scratch that is larger and able to support all this stuff space wise.

Say what? Have you been to Amethera lately? Major land ownership has been here for ages. And as for factories - why have trade terminals create common stuff out of the thin air if you could instead have newbs chasing more zero-value stuff and then turning them into stocks for trade terminals instead?

"With the robots mostly repelled to their home world Akbal-Cimi"
Say what?

2. We repelled them by hitting their War Titan with our faces and dying.

:lolup:
I thought I was gonna break my ribs laughing. Classic

Back