Next Island Paradise Zone Now Open for testing along with Club Neverdie Land Area and Theme Park

Agis, you have to understand that when you disclose information on a public forum that you have gotten from beta access, that rings a warning-bell. I don't know how Beta access was handled by the NI development team, but its very common that in closed beta's you (the player) sign a Non-disclosure agreement ("NDA") with the developer, which is legally binding.

So take my question at face-value. If you are allowed to disclose this information then its all peachy, but I had to ask. This have nothing to do with you personally, and there's no reason you should take it as such.

About 50% of the people in this forum are are pissed off (sorry) how Next Island starts: they don't like to see ND all over a new planet (even though it's not all over), they wanted to see a new planet and not something they know in parts from Rocktropia and some are annoyed that the planet is not a new planet, it's more "a new planet and a playground for ND".

But if you summarize it: all this is only because of lack of communication!

Imagine 2 months ago we were told: ND will have his club and own property on NI.
No-one would have cared.

Its not that it needed to be done well in advance - its that it needed to be done at least when the planet became available. Including how much of the "planet" is affected by such.

Also, if ND is actually a shareholder in Next Island (and he might or might not be), then that's another thing that should be clearly communicated, not left as a rumor. Its not as if there is anything wrong with it, its just a type of interest that should be public, among other things so people do not have wrong ideas about what might or might not be a conflict of interest. Arkadia has received a lot of praise, but announcing that Deathifier invested in them was exactly the right thing to do.

seems I'm quite confused. Didn't find any official statement yet, except this one.

Maybe also NI forum is in beta.

HERE IS DAVID'S MESSAGE TO THE COMMUNITY

"Hi everyone - this is David Post, Chairman and Chief Complaint Officer.

The delay in the launch dates is my doing. I know that Entropians have seen this before, but I made some difficult decisions based on what is good for us in the long-term.

So here's the scoop:

• We will open our Beta on Dec 7-8 so you all can play - it will not be publicized.
  • We will have our trade launch - to the media at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 5th. This was the decision I made because we will have TV coverage then.
  • We will announce and allow the media entry on Jan 5th at the Digital Experience Show at CES.
  • We will have our consumer launch around the 3rd week of January 2011 with events in New York City and Los Angeles (maybe other places as well).
My reasoning is, that we make some impact which cannot occur in December, but can occur at CES. I did not want something almost finished, and then have to make excuses.

We do appreciate your patience, and hopefully will gain your support. I truly hope you will love Next Island and Time Travel.

David Post"

And this makes perfect sense and was how it should have been. I just don't understand it ND... :scratch2:

And this makes perfect sense and was how it should have been. I just don't understand it ND... :scratch2:

I agree Casay ... this was supposed to be about David and his planet, and I have no idea what the hell happened here. In all my dealing with David, it has been his contention that he did not want to release something that wasn't finished, and like he said ... have to make excuses afterward. Well, I think he's in between a rock and a hard place now as a result of what took place on Wednesday.

There's no question in my mind why the planet was released the way it was on Wednesday ... ND had his portion of the planet finished and wanted to exploit it, but ... it's not his planet, and the unveiling should have been all about David's planet, not Neverdie's playground/theme park/island showcasing himself and his family, along with a 5% tax to boot.

Admin of Nextislandlife.com:
Enzo said:
I would just like to comment that Agis's views and comments are not those of the Next Island team and or Neverdie Studios staff.

Currently Next Island is in a Soft launch phase and you can expect more amazing things to come. More information will be made available from either Myself, Meg, David Post, or Neverdie.

Come December 10th we will do our best to answer as many community questions as possible.
http://www.nextislandlife.com/next-...en-until-10th-january-nd-theme-park-open.html

Discussion over.

The Agis thing was already established a couple of pages back, and just as an FYI ... no one from the Next Island group came out to make any official announcements or answer any questions on the 10th at all.

Oh, except the Admin at the Next Island forum who made a post after midnight on the 10th game time, which actually made it the 11th already (game time), and said that there would be no release on the 10th due to "unknown circumstances" ... and that there might be a release next week "IF all goes well" ... that's all that we have gotten from the Next Island camp so far.

I said I'd not comment anymore on other planets on PCF, as it seems unfair to have the bulk of the discussion about any of them only on another planet's forum when they have their own forum, but this is getting on my nerves so much I will now go back on that self made pledge. Before going further, I must state that I am not an ND fangirl, I like some of what he has done in EU, but not all, I am not on for example RT because I'm not keen on some elements of it like the GTA style of female mobs etc. So please don't bother dismissing my thoughts on that idea. I am a player of Entropia Universe, end of, I will try all new planets that I think may appeal and make my own conclusions about whether or not I like them enough to play on them.

/rant mode on

The schedule for Next Island that Casay repeated above has not really changed that I can see. It was originally hoped to do that beta opening for existing players back in October, but that was delayed until December. Beyond that, it was later announced that it would be opened to the games media on last Friday, but that seems to have been cancelled, because of the 'unknown circumstances' that meant there would be no update to NI on Friday. That choice of phrase to me screams 'MA did not do the update as planned or expected', which is also what I assumed on Wednesday when the main planet content wasn't included or activated in the mix, things like mobs and missions and the portal to the first time location of Ancient Greece. That was a big update that day, a new planet, as well as a new land area for Calypso etc, so somewhere in there things didn't go as expected. Is that truly something others haven't thought of at all? It seems not, since all the screaming across at least 4 forums now has been assuming that the developer, ND is the one responsible for no main content on NI, claims that he deliberately opened the beta early just to show off his land area and screw up the vision of the planet owner. Uh, the schedule listed here seems to be when the beta was planned and announced by the planet owner, so what says ND decided that date all by himself and for his own benefit only and with intention to screw over the owner ( who is his client)?

Simple truth is that something went wrong on Wednesday, and then again Friday. The only official explanation so far is the 'unknown circumstances' that prevented an update on Friday but hopefully new things will come next week if things go right. I also take that IF things go right to be a simple comment about the 'dynamics' we all know and love from MA. All the yelling and finger pointing at one person, claims being made about what he supposedly did etc, is nothing more than speculation and personal opinion presented as though it is fact (and in my opinion bordering on slander and libel, if it was my business being attacked this way my lawyer would be the one answering). I just find it interesting in the extreme how different people can look at the same situation and see two entirely different 'obvious' explanations come to mind. Mix that in with the clear objection to ND being a dev for that game and a land owner as well and it gets muddied. Mix that even further with one person being pissed off at ND because he apparently didn't honor an 'exclusive' story with a forum the way the interviewer believed he should have (and has stated all of this as part of the 'problem' publicly on forums), and frankly you start to get a mix that is really stinking to high heaven.

As a player of Entropia Universe, and as someone attempting to give this new planet a fair chance to get off the damn ground, I would love to be able to browse game forums without having to listen to what appears to me to be one person's personal vendetta over and over and over and over again (opinion). We get it. We don't all agree, and none of us are ever going to know what happened, what went wrong, what made changes in updating content get delayed etc, until one of those officially involved (which no 'community' forum or self appointed representatives are by the way) tell us what they feel they can and want to share publicly.

I strongly recommend that anyone wanting to know why more main content is not yet implemented in NI go over to their forum ( http://www.nextislandlife.com ) and post that question, or ask that question on their facebook or twitter (they are quite active and just today posted another story about the 'launch' right before the Spike Video Game awards, http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/12/11/next-island-game-debuts-before-spike-video-game-awards/ . If anyone feels they are somehow due a personal response and explanation but they aren't getting any such personal response and explanation, oh well, I'd guess that ND, David Post etc are perfectly capable of reading emails, pms, forums whatever, hell they may even be able to answer their telephones! If they aren't, maybe they have good reason not to?

For those complaining on an entirely separate issue, which is MA's rules about the roles allowed in it's platform, partners, devs, land owners, players etc, and whether or not it is currently set up in a way that is open to abuse, yes please, discuss, then hit the submit button on a support case. We may get an answer from MA one day, we may not. For those who are upset that ND is currently in all of those roles and don't like it or him or his style of promotion or whatever, consider going to his forum and saying so, and then hit that submit button on a support case? It just seems to me to be several separate issues getting all mixed up together, and I for one feel like this new planet and it's owners ideas and chances to make them happen did not deserve to have it's throat gone for like it has been since it's opening day to us.

If you are a player in Entropia Universe, I wish you lots of fun playing the game on whatever planet you happen to be on at the time. If you don't actually even actively play in this game any longer then perhaps you might find something more relevant to your life to look into?

/rant mode off

Last edited:
... without having to listen to what appears to me to be one person's personal vendetta over and over and over and over again (opinion).

I guess you don't get the part where many in this community feel the same way, and have offered their opinions that voice concerns over how this whole release of Next Island was handled. This isn't about one person Lee, and certainly not about ND not honoring the exclusivity of his interview whatsoever, I'm not that shallow, but rather the fact that the community was expecting "Next Island" ... not "Neverdie" ... and ... we all have valid questions with regard to many things that have occurred and been discovered since the release on Wednesday.

It would be appreciated if you wouldn't twist words as well. I've said what I have to say, and where I wanted to say it (since this is the largest EU community), and I've used the appropriate sub-forum to do it, as have others, so ... let me remind you that you have a choice too ... choose not to view this sub-forum, and choose not to click on a thread where you know you're just going to get frustrated because there are a lot of people who don't think the way that you do.

JC already made a note in one of the threads, and we are adhering to his suggestions, and he has already said that we have a right to be here and discuss the things we're discussing, so the best thing to do is just stay out of these threads and save yourself some aggravation.

Oh, and ... there was no need for the personal attack in your subject line either.

I guess you don't get the part where many in this community feel the same way, and have offered their opinions that voice concerns over how this whole release of Next Island was handled.

Yeah, exactly. We are pissed off over how this was handled, we are dissapointed about no communication and we are scratching our heads over why the teleporters were not made one way as soon as it was clear things were not working out.

People who paid 80 PED to go and beta test Next Island really deserve more from Next Island folks than what they are getting right now, which is ... radio silence, pretty much.

Oh, and ... there was no need for the personal attack in your subject line either.

My title didn't say anything about you by name, but it's removed, the criticism is valid and accepted.

Yeah, exactly. We are pissed off over how this was handled, we are dissapointed about no communication and we are scratching our heads over why the teleporters were not made one way as soon as it was clear things were not working out.

People who paid 80 PED to go and beta test Next Island really deserve more from Next Island folks than what they are getting right now, which is ... radio silence, pretty much.

For what it's worth, I'm dissappointed by the lack of communication as well, and like all of us I can only hope for that to improve sooner rather than later.

Back