Noob Financial Help (Depo dont last)

TRISHA

Young
Mrs Jana Haze
First off thx for looking... Me and a friend does everything in game together and we depo like 1-2 times a day just to support that day..

The question is if someone can please share with us the method you do to make your depo last longer then maybe 1-2 hunts per day..

expample what happen yesterday.... We depo when we got on just so we can hunt and try for a globel or HOF.. and the past 2 weeks we havent hit anything good... So we desided to try and craft some SO we depo some more we ran out of peds so i depoed a little bit more and hit a hof and continued to craft a few clicks... Logged one this morning and had to depo again just so we can try hunting again.. maybe poor management or noob spending.... So the total was 300 ped depo + 414 HOF (was my depo yesterday)

Any advice is greatly needed (about to depo a little more)

Many others will come on here and explain it properly but.....

You have to find economical methods. Meaning doing things that will result in your highest possible chance of profiting while at the same time spending the least amount to do so.

Basically - don't hunt/craft/mine over your level cause even if you do global or hof it is going to cost you way more than it should. Take enough time to find a buyer for your loots to get even a small markup over tt. Sweat and forage for stones/fruit (doing so is free and you'll get skills and knowledge of the geography).... etc.

Depo once a month a bigger sum and try to play with it.
Depoing several times small sums each day is surely more expensive.
Also if the PEDs are way too fast gone, you might try stepping lower considerably because you are playing out of your league.

Also take care and allways ask yourself, if your enthusiasm might be the beginning of an addiction.

Use Eco Weapons and Armor and Vivos

Like Opalo, M2100 for finishing shot, with full Pixie M.
And hunt mobs that don't damage you to the point that you have to fap while fighting, if you are trying to be eco. Try to make your money last, I've been sweating/ swunting and slowly building up my way to 100PED from trading. It sucks, but it works, and I still get lots of skills and some fun for completely FREE.

thx for teh feedback everyone i must change my ways of thinking i guess

Another tip... when you're on a bad loot run, don't keep on shooting.
Learnt it the hard way today, 26 daiks, 4 combibos, out of ammo, and still no loot. (That was over 1k sweat right there... another 3-4 hrs of sweating gone in 15min.)
From what I can tell, killing the random mob now and then gives the best loot if you ask me. Look at all the ubers/ATHs, it's all like, I was running somewhere, and this *mob* started attacking me, and left me a nice present! Still not christmas time for me though.

I think it's Friday the 13th. -sigh-

Last edited:
thx for teh feedback everyone i must change my ways of thinking i guess

Believe me, the enthusiasm settles after a few months :D
And I know from experience, that one saves quite a few K and has a lot of more fun, when one does not push oneself to hard at the start. This si not not like the other MMOs where you hit the level cap within a year.
Try to see your deposits as an investment and try to handle them like one and do not blow them in "gambling". System does not work like that, the chance to make a profit of the system is non-existent.

I you actually "play" the game and nothing else, the depo won't last. I cannot play for less than $100 per month, due to my way of doing things.
So, you gotta do those boring free stuff, like sweating or whatever, or you gotta do those smart things like trading.

It really helps to have a "nest egg" in game. Rather than lots of small deposits, a larger deposit allows u the cushion to sell resources rather than tt them, to weather unlucky periods, to take advantage of a good price for something u can use on auction.

Buy an Opalo and Pixie armor. You and your partner can hunt Exos and Combibos south of Twin Peaks. Spend all your deposit on ammo. Hunt for long periods of time.

Take your loot and save it until you have about 100 PED TT of an item. Put that in auction with a nice buyout amount.

After each hunt repair your armor fully. And recycle PEDs into more ammo.

It aint fun - but you can grind out a month of game play on a budget.

Remember - you will probably get about 50-80% return on hunting unless you get lucky.

Im glad people ob the forums are so nice and willing to help share there experiences. Yeah me and my partner have Shoagan/pally mixed armor and the SvampaT5 (he has the laser version riflle) but we did buy a opplo and cb5 so we can kill them south twin mall mobs

Where should we hunt with our big guns ?? Agros are to easy (except the hunter in North Twins) Felfoids where sorta easy untill we had to kill warrior , champion or a claw warloard then he had to do all the healing and i focused on killing. atrox in ith we still didnt have enought fire power with a brody and (forgot what he had)

So do yall think its wise to pick up some minoing gear and drop a mine or two when hunting? or wait till later to start a mining career??

Where should we hunt with our big guns ??

Using big guns means you spend more money on ammo and decay. That means your deposit lasts less unless you get lucky sooner.

Unless you have the skills to use the big guns I say stick with the Opalo for a long time.

use Entropedia Weapon chart to find what suits you best... check Markup based, Skill based, enter your hit&dmg profession levels in the boxes below, click Apply, then sort by dmg/PEC.

somehow i suspect that Svempa S60 (L) or Isis BL800 (L) might give you approx. the same damage per second at a lower cost. using weapons with the SIB 'Not Anymore' isn't that bad at all. :)

Im glad people ob the forums are so nice and willing to help share there experiences. Yeah me and my partner have Shoagan/pally mixed armor and the SvampaT5 (he has the laser version riflle) but we did buy a opplo and cb5 so we can kill them south twin mall mobs

Where should we hunt with our big guns ?? Agros are to easy (except the hunter in North Twins) Felfoids where sorta easy untill we had to kill warrior , champion or a claw warloard then he had to do all the healing and i focused on killing. atrox in ith we still didnt have enought fire power with a brody and (forgot what he had)

So do yall think its wise to pick up some minoing gear and drop a mine or two when hunting? or wait till later to start a mining career??

I think you should maybe really read the guides. EU is not about levelling fast and killing the biggest stuff you can but rather having fun without losing an arm and a leg. Sure, no matter what level, you can get an outfit which enables you to kill anything, but unless you can really afford to spend several 1000$, you should start slowly and low.
Does not matter if you hunt or mine, unless you really do not have to care about how much you deposit, try to last as long with a fixed budget, even if a deposit is tempting.
Without knowin at least the basics you are just throwing your money away without getting much in return.

Get into a soc to help you answer your questions (did I mention we are recruiting ?! :D)

I wouldn't really look at that SIB so much, how I rate if I have a gun maxed so I can move onto the next is if hit and critical chance is 10, and also what my damage range is, if it is at the best it an be.

For the Svempa T5 it may be true that the maximum hit is 41 damage but you are using 8 ammo to get there which works out at 5.125 damage per ammo, at optimum damage potential (something that happens less than 1:100 times as a conservative guess), this is not even factoring in all the missed shots of 8 ammo each and armour and gun decay...when you add all that up I am betting you are not getting the 2dmg per bullet expended that the opalo does when maxed ;)

If you are posting here in the noob forums I am guessing you are nowhere near skilled enough to use such weapons.

There is a yardstick chart somewhere around these forums that shows when to actually move up the foodchain of weapons if you wish...if you jump offship with a rocket laucher in another game it looks cool and blasts everything to pieces, here it will just burn through $100 in a few shots with its near high cost per shot requirements.

Though an opalo might be boring, if you and your friend go out together with 100ped of ammo and take down a daikiba stalker or two you will get far more out of it rather than going for an atrox because you see others global on them.

Also get a "kill shot" gun, such as the TT pistol, no point in wasting 8 ammo to take down a monster with only 1 hp :)

Your problem is that you are playing way above your means right now, I wouldn't expect to be using the svempa myself until my professional level in handguns is level 12...by which time you should've figured out why not to use it lol (not even considering the huge cost of it)

Last edited:
yeha the SIB on the svampa for me is YES YES

So you've been using the T5 before reaching the recommended level?

No wonder your PEDs are disappearing so fast.

You are trying to run before you can walk.

Do NOT buy an expensive ore finder, excavator or amplifier to mine if you are thinking about it lol

Buy the trade terminal stuff and you will be far better, you may burn through a lot of ped quicker with bombs but you will also be able to sell your stuff much more readily :)

This game is nothing like what you are used to in other places, in another called Diablo I can use an executioner sword at level 40 but it doesnt start to get useful until level 90 at least, just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Start right at the bottom rung and work your way up, unless you are a millionaire of course then just buy your skills. :silly2:

i have lvl 15 (blp Pistoleer)(hit) I have lvl 14 (ranged BLP)(dmg) yeha i bought the skills implants

ans as far as me posting in the noob forum im still am thi si s just 3 weeks into my life on this huge universe. Yeah the globle tracker is what making me go fo rthe huge game so ill just sit back and work to it one day my turn well come again

Thx again for the Help

i have lvl 15 (blp Pistoleer)(hit) I have lvl 14 (ranged BLP)(dmg) yeha i bought the skills implants

ans as far as me posting in the noob forum im still am thi si s just 3 weeks into my life on this huge universe. Yeah the globle tracker is what making me go fo rthe huge game so ill just sit back and work to it one day my turn well come again

Thx again for the Help

You've been playing 3 weeks and you've already chipped in?

You're in a lot of trouble. Slow and steady wins the race.

yeha i was trying to when a marathone by sprinting ... Didnt know steady pace whens a race:D i can only start pacing myself to try to make up what i messed up ...

Here's an example;

I can and do use S60+amp OR brody+amp (brody sooo expensive to use >.<) with Riker UL3 to tag. However I found that I wasn't doing so well chasing SIB on my pistols lately as it's very expensive moving up the list of weapons.
SO... I bought an opalo, 300ped ammo, and went chicken (berycled) hunting at swamp camp in my shogun (unplated) with t1 and fap-50.
300ped ammo on opalo lasts me around about 12 hours solid shooting non-stop (except when all the chickens are dead and I've gotta wait for the respawns hehe).
In the past week I've had 4 berycled globals in 600ped ammo. I had approx 720ped TT value in loots and around 45ped decay (faps+armor+opalo).
Hours of fun, swirlies, skilling (slightly) and I also managed to loot the rest of my other shogun set so I can sell it as a whole, as well as a couple gremlin shins (and TONNES of other random armors/weapons).

Big mobs are exciting... they're also very expensive. A bad run with 100ped on berycled could lose maybe 40ped maximum including decay, a bad run on Atrox with 100ped ammo could lose maybe 100ped :laugh:

Welcome to EU =)

First off thx for looking... Me and a friend does everything in game together and we depo like 1-2 times a day just to support that day..

The question is if someone can please share with us the method you do to make your depo last longer then maybe 1-2 hunts per day..

expample what happen yesterday.... We depo when we got on just so we can hunt and try for a globel or HOF.. and the past 2 weeks we havent hit anything good... So we desided to try and craft some SO we depo some more we ran out of peds so i depoed a little bit more and hit a hof and continued to craft a few clicks... Logged one this morning and had to depo again just so we can try hunting again.. maybe poor management or noob spending.... So the total was 300 ped depo + 414 HOF (was my depo yesterday)

Any advice is greatly needed (about to depo a little more)
So, you want your deposits to go further eh?
I think you should Deposit more, that's what i do, why ? because your addicted to this game like me and my whole family, and you dont want to know HOW Much I deposit a week to keep all of them going, lets just say it's more then i want to, but we now have 2 apts in ti city and we get our share of globals, so if you want to make money you've got to spend money, that's business
;)

yeha we justw ant the depo to go maybe a day or 2 longer is all yeha we have every intention on depoing daily or every other

Depo once a month a bigger sum and try to play with it.
Depoing several times small sums each day is surely more expensive.
Also if the PEDs are way too fast gone, you might try stepping lower considerably because you are playing out of your league.

Also take care and allways ask yourself, if your enthusiasm might be the beginning of an addiction.

The last part of that, serious and honest...worth considering for sure.

My spin, right or wrong...IF you deposit, do it as little as possible but as much as you can EASILY afford. 10 dollars a day..against 70 in one week in a single go. The reason is simply to allow much longer activity, one or two looong hunts when you may hit a decent loot, or 7 little ones that likely will not.

I never set off with less than 100 ped ammo..from experience, if I had listened to wiser guys here I never would have done that at all, but some days I couldn't afford it.

100 peds in a hunt ...maybe 60% back on a bad day...60 ped hunt .....maybe 40 back......40 ped hunt.....etc. BUT the chance of nothing global or at least a silent global...rare and very unlucky after all that ammo spat into mobs. Happens, and depends on mobs and time etc...but the longer you're out fighting the better.

Crafting? Hmm. I think that may be a problem without some serious investments or great BPs, we all lose doing that if we hope for big returns if we aren't very lucky.

I was thinking how my globals etc (100+ now) quite closely follow my deposits....the new history feature proves it's awfully closely related.

Wiser heads already told you about economy...again, keeping you out longer to find something worth having at the end of the day.

IF there is any answer you will find the clues to it here on this forum...info is everything in EU ..hope you find it ;)

t

PS Look at the globals st the bottom....mining looks cool right now, +98%? Free info.

PS Look at the globals st the bottom....mining looks cool right now, +98%? Free info.

\
So that mean smining is hot right now ?? and hunting is a waste lol??

i am very greatful for everyones time in this issue, Thx again for EVERYTHING THUS FAR

I have to disagree with the previous poster (regarding depositing small amounts as little as possible). My reasoning for this is that in my experience, you're more likely to have respectable returns playing around with big numbers, as long as you're not doing all the wrong things.
Again reverting to my example of hunting berycled, when I was just starting out and hunting berycled/daikiba/snable/exaro etc etc I was generally hunting with 20ped ammo. The difference in my TT value of returns was huge! One hunt might be +5ped, the next might be -10ped and so on, so forth... However as I play with more and more on berycled (as I said I'm hunting with 30k ammo in opalo each time on berycled now) there is an obvious pattern emerging... balance.
The variance on TT return from hunting them is minimal now, with the exception of globals etc where I come out with a nice little profit.
If you translate this to bigger mobs - I'm gonna use Argo - previously I was running 50ped ammo with s60+amp on argo and although initially I had great success (thanks to 2 globals in the first 2 hunts) the variance began to show through after 10-20 hunts. Now I am hunting Argo with 300ped also and finding the variance is panning out and I'm usually finding atleast 1 swirly in there too!
:wtg:

Basically the way I see it is - if you can afford to deposit, do it in lumps. Set yourself a budget (eg; 500ped/week) and work within that. Perhaps put 300ped to hunting and the other 200 to crafting or mining. This will allow you to have fun without having to TT items in order to keep cycling PED and that way you can sell your mass of items/stackables at a nice MU - getting the most out of your loots.
Chipping in at such a young EU age is dangerous.. simply because you lack the knowledge to utilise the skills as best you can. Hunting bigger mobs doesn't necessarily mean bigger loots (when you've seen a few 1k+ daikiba globals you'll understand hehe).

\
So that mean smining is hot right now ?? and hunting is a waste lol??

i am very greatful for everyones time in this issue, Thx again for EVERYTHING THUS FAR

Not at all lol... don't fall into the "what's hot and what's not" hole. Tracker does nothing except track the globals. All it takes is one person hitting one big loot to make it +xx% - doesn't mean that mining is a good idea, just means a few people are doing ok at the moment!
;)

Do NOT craft at this point in your gameplay. Acquiring those skills entails a lot of loss and expense, in the anticipation of some day getting it back. It's a long term strategy.
Hunt with Opalo, don't buy armor. You will loot pixie from exa's and snables. If you always hunt together, use tactics to reduce dying, like "ping-pong" technique.
Also, it's tempting to tt oils and such, but if you are about to log off for the night, you don't need the peds right now. Put it on auction at a reasonable bo that a crafter will go for.
Good luck.

Well to start with; dont craft.

What gear do you use and what do you like to do?

Its hard to give you ideas when i know very litle about what u like ^^

Back