Not only a matter of dps?

I fully understand you Helena! Im in the same situation like you! Im in Cat. 3 I got Supremacy Imp fap and my Longblade got 91dps avg! Still I stand no chance in Cat 3!

This event was made for dps and having good friends! We just have to accept that, and still do our best or sit out! :)
Most agree with the current rules and setup so it should probably stay this way!

I like the new MM! Now nobody can mobtrain, PK me or hide all mobs like last year! :)

BKK

I remember people buying XTs (L) Tier 10 in preparation for certain events. I think these will beat the Strikehammer DPS wise. Anyways, why are people competing with melee weapons? You lack the amp and the range so you have no chance at all.

Everyone has a chance. Everyone first logs in with zero skills. There is your level playing field. How much you skill and equip yourself is up to you.

LOL, What competition is there where everyone is equal when starting then start to enhance themselves at that point to compete? Everyone works hard for their skills we should use what we worked hard to get. You never see 10 runners in a race all absolutely equal, then start training. Some have trained for 10 years, some 3 years some 20 years, but all compete in same race. That is what competition is.

Before you say stupid thing like lets even the playing filed maybe you should really learn what competition is. Go out in the real world and compete in something, run a race, open a business, anything that is competitive with someone else. You learn to respect the people that worked harder to compete, as you should respect the people here that played harder and invested more in order to compete. If you don't compete that is up to you, they should not change a competition so everyone starts as equals, whats the competition then? MM is a competition to win some nice items, are you up to the challenge of the competition?

The challenge is can you out do a veteran, and yes it is possible just takes a lot of investment on your part. That is the competition, are you ready to compete is the question.

Last year I did MM, I knew I wouldn't win (didn't expect to even get a prize) but I set myself a target - 10000 points (I got ~9950).

This year, I'm doing MM, I know I cannot win (don't even expect to get a prize) so I set myself a target - 10000 points (I've got 1415 so far after 5 rounds so target looks a bit high :() - but I'll carry on.

I'm enjoying it 'cos it's ENTERTAINMENT you know, one of these things called A GAME

I'm enjoying it 'cos I can do it in manageable chunks when I have spare time knowing it's just me in there with no assholes running round ruining it

I'm enjoying it 'cos I've not gone and bought any special gear, just tons of ammo - but it's not costing me too much yet

I'm enjoying it 'cos I have no expectations and feel no jealousy towards those that have better than me or are better than me (lesson for life there folks)

But....

...it's a pity the spideys don't count towards the mission total though.

...and I wish my 129 would tier up a bit quicker

Perhaps a MM-only standard weapon-set?

ie. Items that only work INSIDE the MM instance - similar to the Cyrene Arena equipment.

So now... only your skills, twitch-abilities, armor, and fap abilities will matter.

Perhaps a MM-only standard weapon-set?

ie. Items that only work INSIDE the MM instance - similar to the Cyrene Arena equipment.

So now... only your skills, twitch-abilities, armor, and fap abilities will matter.

If it's not about best gun people will complain about top end armors they cannot afford. If it's not about best gun/best armor, people will complain about ModFaps.

If it's not about best gun people will complain about top end armors they cannot afford. If it's not about best gun/best armor, people will complain about ModFaps.

Correct, and then by the time we are all naked with no skills fist fighting mobs to be equal we may as well get rid of the Mayhem from the title also because part of the mayhem is how much mayhem it causes on your pocket book :p

Tell you what - let's just stop MM altogether then no one will win and all the whining miserable fuckers will be happy!

FFS!!!

and after that... it will come to the people that did started before skill nerf, thats not fair. They got skill fast then so I cant have the same skills...

Some people are born whit 1 dollar some are born whit 10,000,000 dollar... life it not fair and never will be so accept it...

This version off MM is the best so far...

I remember people buying XTs (L) Tier 10 in preparation for certain events. I think these will beat the Strikehammer DPS wise. Anyways, why are people competing with melee weapons? You lack the amp and the range so you have no chance at all.

Maybe next year there will be another level to it besides team/solo... one for melee... and it'll all be in something the size of a ring.

So tell me,

how is it possible to currently win on a 30 hour hunt against:

unique dub and mac cormick terminator t4+bulltac elite which is
232 damage /55 shot a minute ,128 range

So the inactive owner of that weapon will just come play 30 hour in the year and collect the big reward that is offered?

then also imp doa t8 .237,2 damage/59 min (with bulltac elite) borrow and borrow and u get the top 3/5

Which strategy, which possibility exist to match anything against those
it is just impossible, and mindark knows it.

I m really angry coz the event system "like this" is really great and fun, but its like going for a race with a lada while your opponent own a ferrari, on a straight path when no technic can help you

The only way to teach MA that we don't like this kind of event by not participate. Then they will change.

Like they changed LG after we did a big team and shared the LA without much effort.

Most funny part is they have the mechanism from the new planet where all player has the same skills and hp and can pick among a group of weapons and armors. Then let game knowledge help

Last edited:
The only way to teach MA that we don't like this kind of event by participate. Then they will change.

Like the changed LG after we did a big team and shared the LA without much effort.

Most funny part is they have the mechanism from the new planet where all player has the same skills and hp and can pick among a group of weapons and armors. Then let game knowledge help

My God, the sheer arrogance - teach MA! Teach them what? We won't play their game unless they give us all profit!! So who pays for your profit and prizes, MA people, development, servers? Me? Someone else? Just so long as it's not you, eh?

MM is what MM is - like it or not like it. MA have done a good job this year, with a pretty damn nice instance - thank you MA for this - I for one appreciate it.

Life ain't fair and equal - get real, smell the coffee.

Entropia is free to play, free to pay or free to leave - your choice

Hey,

i don't really like the new MM. I hope they bring back the old style, and maybe keep the Solo part of the new event as a different event altogether. But that's just me, i certainly understand why people like the new style - i guess i just miss the real mayham. I liked the crazy time during MM :)

... about the beeing equal discussion, it's a stupid discussion - cut it out. :bs:

Regards
Thark

Last edited:
I really hope MA doesn't change Mayhem so it takes into consideration loot/globals and random stuff like that. It would suck if someone really tries his hardest, using high tier L guns or whatever, but ends up losing cuz someone else had better loots etc.

I believe this thread is relevant and not off topic...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...er-(Tier-8-0)&highlight=improved+strikehammer

Please understand that using a knife was by your own choice with the knowledge that previous Mayhem's targetted DPS as the important factor when purchasing a weapon. This isn't exactly a new system, the main difference is that it is now 1 avatar vs 1 avatar in the solo and not 1 avatar vs. 50.

The ISH tier 8 took tons of ammo to achieve (albeit not by myself). It was for sale on the forum by Girts prior to me buying it. This is the type of reason I was interested in it, and that price tag wasn't cheap.

I fully understand that not everyone can buy such a weapon. I agree that it isn't fair in the sense that not everyone in category 4 is even maxed. I agree that there should be a 5th category.

Realizing that this game isn't a game is where you should start. This contest does have to do with dedication, not just showing up for prizes. The terminator was bought for quite a sum of money (even for back then), under the assumption that he'd be using it for years to come. It is overpowered compared to other guns, I fully agree. In the future, it will be too much better than other guns if tiered properly.

I think other things could be done to make this a more EVEN event, but does that then mean that the rest of the year preparing for this event wouldn't be needed? I don't feel that events such as this should have their "fairness for all" judged by whether or not all have the same DPS, HP, and Gear overall. Fairness isn't a factor in the real world. This game was designed to mirror the real world. Effort put in year round will give you results eventually. Effort for 30 hours shouldn't. I realize that a few people can log in and just win this event after not playing all year. It doesn't make me happy either. They've earned that right one way or another in my eyes by making the decisions they've made over the years.

Another event with everyone having the same type of gear similar to the HUB at Cyrene would also be fun. I think you'd find that you'd still get a lot of the same winners. There's a reason some people got to the top of this game in the first place (not all ofc).

Good luck to all and have a Happy Holiday Season!

Last edited:
Not every event is for every person.

There are many events where luck is a big factor. Even in regular hunting luck is a big factor. Some people just get the big hofs/items, some don't. This event is for being as good as you can be in your category. There should be a cat 5 but other than that I don't see a problem. Even if you can't win your category, you can still participate in the instances and probably have a better chance of looting an item than with regular hunting. Plus there are prizes, some pretty nice, for other places other than the top 2 or 3, which also require some luck as you can't plan to come in 13th or whatever.

I do agree that the categories should be adjusted a bit, even get a 5th one if you will.
But, just to pitch in, the name is afterall Merry MAYHEM, which sorta implies to using lots of firepower, so i think it is as it should be, more DPS = more mayhem.

Maybe Calypso (or some other planet) could create a similar event, that has more to do with personal skills, not just DPS, but i think Mayhem still should stay as it is (albeit the changes this year were good in my opinion, instances etc.).

Only SIB weapons should be allowed, that will fix unfair dps problem!:wise:

If someone has spent alot of time and money tiering up an uber high dps weapon why should they not get an advantage? The same goes for high end armor or skills, if it was bought or earned does not matter... they should give an advantage.

If skilling up or buying good ul gear has no advantage then why do it at all? If you cannot compete against the high end gear then invest the money and get it yourself.

I believe this thread is relevant and not off topic...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...er-(Tier-8-0)&highlight=improved+strikehammer

Please understand that when using a knife was by your own choice with the knowledge that previous Mayhem's targetted DPS as the important factor when purchasing a weapon. This isn't exactly a new system, the main difference is that it is now 1 avatar vs 1 avatar in the solo and not 1 avatar vs. 50.

The ISH tier 8 took tons of ammo to achieve (albeit not by myself). It was for sale on the forum by Girts prior to me buying it. This is the type of reason I was interested in it, and that price tag wasn't cheap.

I fully understand that not everyone can buy such a weapon. I agree that it isn't fair in the sense that not everyone in category 4 is even maxed. I agree that there should be a 5th category.

Realizing that this game isn't a game is where you should start. This contest does have to do with dedication, not just showing up for prizes. The terminator was bought for quite a sum of money (even for back then), under the assumption that he'd be using it for years to come. It is overpowered compared to other guns, I fully agree. In the future, it will be too much better than other guns if tiered properly.

I think other things could be done to make this a more EVEN event, but does that then mean that the rest of the year preparing for this event wouldn't be needed? I don't feel that events such as this should have their "fairness for all" judged by whether or not all have the same DPS, HP, and Gear overall. Fairness isn't a factor in the real world. This game was designed to mirror the real world. Effort put in year round will give you results eventually. Effort for 30 hours shouldn't. I realize that a few people can log in and just win this event after not playing all year. It doesn't make me happy either. They've earned that right one way or another in my eyes by making the decisions they've made over the years.

Another event with everyone having the same type of gear similar to the HUB at Cyrene would also be fun. I think you'd find that you'd still get a lot of the same winners. There's a reason some people got to the top of this game in the first place (not all ofc).

Good luck to all and have a Happy Holiday Season!

The problem is that we all know now that we don't stand a chance. In previous MM we didn't.. We suspected the usual suspects to win, but we somehow thought that we could win if we played it right. Now you can see clearly after one instance, how many mobs you killed and you can see how much damage you did in that hour. It only takes one question in society to know that others outperform you. So you don't have to anymore. This may seriously undermine income from MM for mindark and also cld holders. (people not competing anymore because after one instance they can clearly see that it won't matter what they do, they'll know they won't be top 25 or even top 100)
So for the sake of MM/mindark income , a more even event is desirable because then you will have more contenders really trying and not visiting the instances as a tourist, not even working towards getting the 30 tokens done.
And a healty Mindark means more playing years for us. and for cld holders it means a nice x-mas bonus. But I guess we'll see if MM worked this year on Monday when we get our first cld income with a week's worth of MM shooting.
If MM stays this way, the ubers may as well just make a thread showing their gear with tiers and showing their dps. then you can create a winner there without actually firing a shot (or doing one instance to at least show Mindark that you participated)
If MM stays this way, us midlevel/high level players may as well shout: " mm kerberos swunt, opalo and cb-5 only", and It may actually be more fun then doing the 30 hours without a chance of winning.

If someone has spent alot of time and money tiering up an uber high dps weapon why should they not get an advantage? The same goes for high end armor or skills, if it was bought or earned does not matter... they should give an advantage.

If skilling up or buying good ul gear has no advantage then why do it at all? If you cannot compete against the high end gear then invest the money and get it yourself.

Everyone agree that investment , tiering , and high dps weapon should have an advantage. of course it should.

The difference here is it is not only an advantage, but a guaranteed win.

We know before the event start that impdoa t8 and terminator will take out every prize they want, in every category !!!

I m thinking about poor noob trying hardly to make something in category 1, when he will gets result and see someone killed 50x more mob than him becoz it was a second avatar that borrow mommys stuff, he will just cry and never do mm again

Everyone agree that investment , tiering , and high dps weapon should have an advantage. of course it should.

We know before the event start that impdoa t8 and terminator will take out every prize they want, in every category !!!

I m thinking about poor noob trying hardly to make something in category 1, when he will gets result and see someone killed 50x more mob than him becoz it was a second avatar that borrow mommys stuff, he will just cry and never do mm again

Well in that case there is only just one solution... winners should be investigated by MA to see if they are alts "borrowing" equipment. If this is the case the alts as well as the main ava should be disqualified from winning any prizes. Those using this system of passing along an uber gun between friend may be upset by this but such strict penalties should prevent this from occurring.

That being said I am also borrowing a dante amp from a soc m8 for Mayhem and I know of a few married couples sharing gear during mayhem as well. Where do you draw the line?

Ma should just randomly place zero tt, non-tradeable "tickets" on all mobs in the game with random values of 1-100, and make them relatively common. Fluctuate random changes in drop frequency in different mob types, maturity, and locations, but keep the baseline static across all mobs. Over the course of the event, the tickets stack in your inventory, and then prizes are given out to top 30 or so ticket earners (it would be almost same amount of prizes as mm) AND to random "golden tickets" that have actual unique numbers on them for a big random drawing of other different prizes to be held after event. Since you have the (generally i.e. baseline) same chance to get a ticket killing a merp as you do killing a daspletor, everyone would compete, because they all have a chance by grinding their balls off, AND ubers still have a slight advantage if they gear down based on not missing as much, general experience and knowledge, gearing to 1-shot mobs, whatev, or picking a hot mob or finding a hot one through teamwork etc etc. Simple. Done.

You still need MM for the ubers I guess, but a separate event like the one I described would be fun-as-hell, fricking ORGY of blood, trolling, griefing, training, misinformation, teamwork, info-sharing and craziness that I, for one, think would be possibly the most fun thing I would ever do in this game!

!
Edit: People could still hunt any mob. MA would adjust higher drop frequencies based on an formula that takes into account mob hp and regen, and maybe damage. (but randomness of "hot" mob types, mat, or locations would still take priority, and would be MA's little secret)

And yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...there are a million problems with this or ANY format...but:
Does it promote teamwork? YES
Fun? YES
Hectic? YES
Equalizes it the best, while still giving experienced plays an albeit slight advantage? YES
Does EVERYONE feel like they have a chance? YES (this is most important, cuz I bet 10x as many people would do this event than are doing MM this year)
Is there more strategy? YES (so far the ONLY strategies are "dps" in mm or "use opalo, loot esi" in bots)
Does it let "JOE Schmo NOOB" have a chance just by grinding merps? YES
Does it let "UBERStar SkippKim EMWPetrov" have a chance to utilize ones experience, knowledge, and networks? YES

Last edited:
Would you kill a dasp when a merp gives you an equal chance to win? No income for MA just handing out prizes to the luckiest?

It's not as simple as that helena.. To win this it's not enough to just get your hands on one of those guns. It makes it easier without doubt but it's not a sure win.

Would you kill a dasp when a merp gives you an equal chance to win? No income for MA just handing out prizes to the luckiest?

Yes. If you tested them out and they were dropping more tickets, or higher value tickets, as MA would adjust higher drop frequencies based on an formula that takes into account mob hp and regen, and maybe damage. (I just forgot to mention that part earlier) :)

DPS is King in this year's MM and devs got it wrong imho - they could have got much more in decay out of it :)

You don't want DPS to be decisive ? ... What else is there ? ..... Luck & Effort I'd say. Luck I prefer not to, not good business for MA anyways and luck tends to rally with the rich - just like in RL :laugh: , so u're left with Effort. Simply take away the keys (time limit) and there u have it - an event based on how much time u can put in and what gear u can use.

Big bad uber doin twice as many points as u ? No problem, compensate by playing (and decaying ofc) double than him :laugh: ... He wanna make sure he get the shiny prize ? Then he has to put some time & effort into it, just owning the uber gear not enough anymore ;)... no to mention MA's share consistently increases in this scenario ;)

However, considering this year's prizes, I fail to see why the big fuss about this competition :( ... even the riptor event on Ark has better prizes than Caly's MM this year ...

Back