Not so good with tech....

mcjamesv

Hatchling
Alright so I have a number of questions, but I figure it would be most appropriate to post here considering my main one deals with my computer.

So I'll be honest, I know diddly squat about computers, but a friend told me to give you guys these specs and to ask if I could run the game properly, because apparently this is whats in my computer

3 gigs of ram
dual core AMD Athylon 64x2 2.0ghz
x800 GTO 256mb video card

My next question deals with the money interaction in the game. Is it possible to get everything in entropia universe without spending any real life money, but the downside being you just have to work a lot harder?

thank you :)

Well, you should be able to run the game, probably not on high settings, but maybe low and medium. As for the money question, right now it is almost impossible to do anything in the game without any money. Entropia is all about the Real Cash Economy. Its not just like some mmo where you dont have to pay to play, but premium items cost money. Everything in this game costs money.

Should run without hassle, you might need to alter some graphics settings in the game... in doubt it will definitely run in low quality ;)

Its not only "a lot" harder - its incredibly mindbogglingly hard when you don't deposit.
Also the main source of free income is unavailable until it will be implemented again at a later date, so at the moment its not only hard but near to impossible.

hmm, well alright lets say I start playing? How much money should I initialley deposit?

Also would anyone here be willing to teach a "newbie" the ropes of Entropia? Perhaps I could meet "Sed" person in game and could learn from them?

thanks again bro's

Well, I think a good stating deposit would be 10 dollars. It would give you a good taste of most professions. You could buy an opallo, pixie armor, and go do some hunting. Or you could go buy mining gear (which I dont recommend for beginners since it can get expensive)
But if you do decide to play EU, you have to make a commitment, with your wallet and mentally. You have to realize that you wont get in the hall of fame or make lots of profit on your first try.

Since you posted your question, you can now play for free also by finding fruit, dung and stones in the wilderness which you can pick up and sell to other people. It will take time, so depositing can be a faster method, but it is possible.

Also would anyone here be willing to teach a "newbie" the ropes of Entropia? Perhaps I could meet "Sed" person in game and could learn from them?

thanks again bro's
Even tho the mentor system isn't online again I guess it wouldn't be too hard to find someone ingame to help you on your way, and could be helpful to know where you are from/what time(incl timezone or utc, which is "MA" time I think) you play if you want to find someone willing here first

There is also a cadre of paid and volunteer guides that can render some basic assistance in game.

Look for people with stars over their heads! :)

None of the volunteer guides have stars, and neither have any officials from MA and FPC. The stars got stolen or hijacked by the robots or something, they are not very clear about it. I think it embarrasses them.

Well dudes this isnt good, seems I ran into a problem. When I tried to make my charecter the model is a completly black figure. I tried altering the settings and I cant figure out how to get this to work, any help is appreciated

thanks in advance
:)

a completly black figure.

That is because your x800 videocard only supports pixel shader 2.0. A (newer) graphics card with pixel shader 3.0 is required to see avatars properly, and not as white or black blobs.

Back