Not Sure How to Feel

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
I had to make a post about this as I am torn about my feelings. It appears that a regular poster (whose name rhymes with weezle) has been banned. On the one hand I am not surprised, his posts are vague to say the least and recently they have become unacceptable.

On the other hand I have always been intoxicatingly drawn to any posts he has made, as whatever the comment it usually has brought a smile to my face. I don't understand the guy or many of his points (well there aren't really any points) but it feels like I have lost the baffoon at the end of the bar who would always do something outlandish just for affect.

I wish him the best and thank him for regularly entertaining me, I just hope he sorts out whatever it is that is eating away at him at the moment, despite anything else he was a regular poster here.

I have no idea if this post breaks the forumn rules, but I have not named anyone.

To the mods is this temp or perm ? (i really hope it's just temp)

GL and Happy New Year to you all

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
I will take over!

I have spoke to this guy in game, he is either borderline insane, or high.

Nice guy nevertheless.

Oh ffs. Stop telling about these feelings, please. Fo shizzle my fizzle this weasel guy won't be set free before next year.

I will take over!

Nice guy nevertheless.

I too have met him in game and I have to agree with you either one or the other but likeable all the same :)

i hope he gets unlocked, i dont think there is any malice with him, even when he is being (possibly unintentionaly) insulting

On the other hand I have always been intoxicatingly drawn to any posts he has made,

It does make me smile thinking about it. There're some great characters on the forum, and they do indeed draw our attention to read their posts good or bad.

I've often wondered the true purpose of heavy moderation, regardless of 'rules'. It's no surprise though; In real life everything is becoming so pc (politically correct), that it's almost impossible to have a laugh and joke with your fellow man with the fear of unwittingly upsetting someone.

The work place is becoming so drab because of it, I see humanity in the future becoming so damn boring all character will eventually be removed from the human race, and those with any sense of humour or character cast-out as dinosaurs, not wanted in the modern age. It's happening and very sad in my opinion.

Lets face it; the forum at times is a place of entertainment as much as the game itself. There's even cases of players recently deliberately seeking a ban to make a point. I often thought of it myself, just to see how far I could push it....lol.

What's interesting though is being in touch with the forum, keeps a connection to the game, even if not actively online. So banning people can potentially direct them away from the game as well.

The moderators have a difficult choice I agree, sometimes though I think it's good to let the banter flow a little more freely. Even the sales threads are boring these days.....lol.

chuckling away here, is it entertainment, or just all about business.

Laters

Rick

I will take over!

Nice guy nevertheless.

I rather think drunk; but he was kinda nice in a freaky way. Hope it's not a perm ban.

As I jokingly hinted with the video clip I used, "he will be back you know". It's just a temp ban.

And for the record, he wasn't banned for being hard to understand, he was banned for his flaming, insulting replies.

I still find it a bit rash to use such a horrible song. Not only does it qualify as torture but I clicked it and, and, and, oohh god :cry:

on topic, well, atleast we'll see him back, he brings a certain je ne sais quoi to the forum.

May be we can ask mma bigshow to come back too, and then we can ask him to reply to a peezle thread!

Some independent minds are having hard times lately on forum. Whenever MA is doing bad and someone brave enough is pointing that he get ban for some odd reasons.

I am not teling moderation is bad or unnecessary, but often to fast and to sensitive lately ;/

I really think moderation is sometimes like feeling they're in the middle of uproar. They use hard measures; 5 years ago, they wouldn't have been so direct. Closing threads rather than banning people.

I made some really crappy threads in the past; and if I made them today; I would have bee banned several times over. I feel like this forum has lost a bit of its freedom.
But that is not actually the most depressing issue; the forum has lost alot of its nice community over the years too.

And really, we used to whine over loot, rubberbanding, soc wars; making fun at each other and other whatnots. today we adress issues that are really pressing, and actually valid critique at the state of the game. When someone gets frustrated a bit and made a post he/she shouldn't have made, the taken measures are kinda hard sometimes. Ofcourse other times they are more than neccesairy.

Now I have known a few people getting a perma ban that really made up the community like it was 6 years ago. And I'm not advocating for them; but it is sad to see.

Not that it is the moderators fault to blame. It is like something died, a sense of togetherness. I blame the planets partly. cryengine a bit, and truely I'm was and am still not really feeling good about the fact that the forum just got sold to PFC. Because this used to be a free forum, and now it is an "official" one.
Now, ofcourse its neo's website; but we generated the content. And with the selling, a part died too.

People just want to have fun, browse information and joke around; show their progress with pride, make friends and ease their hearts (aka whine).

And another thing that teared the community further apart is another forum. Couple years back this happened and I just discovered the threads about this on that other forum. And no, I don't want to go into detail on this. I just want a community that sticks together.

Sadly, I don't find it here anymore. I find alot of buying/selling threads; and the official announcements. That is about it sadly. For the rest this place feels like cold, soulless.

I hope it will get better in 2014. Anyway, best wishes to you all.

I'd like to see a year without whining on the forums, I think it would be good for the game.

I would like to see a year with out any forum bans, then we could discuss the game as it is. with out having to sugar coat things so as not to ruffle the feathers of those in power.

I'd like to see a year without whining on the forums, I think it would be good for the game.

Spending 2000 ped/month (convert to your IRL currency) on a computergame and rarely getting anything back from it won't make you happy in the long run. Unless 2000 ped/month is pocketmoney for you.

I got the feeling though those regularly *withdrawing* 2000+/month (or withdrawing 100k+ in one go) and haven't deposited more than 500 peds in last 5 years are happy though. The withdrawers tend to complain though if they have to wait a few days over the estimated time.

31 Dec 96,5
28 Dec 289,5
22 Dec 96,5
22 Dec 96,5
21 Dec 193
21 Dec 193
21 Dec 193
20 Dec 289,5
16 Dec 241,3
15 Dec 289,5
14 Dec 193
13 Dec 289,5 2460,8 (December deposits)
22 Nov 482,5
8 Nov 96,5 579 (November deposits)
30 Oct 289,5
29 Oct 482,5
24 Oct 386
23 Oct 965
21 Oct 144,8
18 Oct 96,5
18 Oct 144,8
14 Oct 289,5
13 Oct 193
13 Oct 386
12 Oct 289,5
11 Oct 289,5
7 Oct 965
2 Oct 193 5114,6 (October deposits)

Total deposited during year 2013: 34227.80 PED. Total withdrawn (since beginning): 0 PED.

Last edited:
Aia, one thing I got to give you; you have a godly talent to always answer besides the question, topic or category of the discussion. :rolleyes:

Aia, one thing I got to give you; you have a godly talent to always answer besides the question, topic or category of the discussion. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I don't read the uppermost post, but reply on the later ones in thread.

(Sorry, I just feel a bit frustrated right now about my PED flow.)

Morons need love too...

Sometimes I don't read the uppermost post, but reply on the later ones in thread.

(Sorry, I just feel a bit frustrated right now about my PED flow.)

You always feel frustrated how your peds flow Aia. I know your a good guy, but anytime I used to give you some good advice on loot in soc chat; you never listened. I make TT+ runs most of the time; so maybe the resolution to listen to good old acro. She's a little less mad than you think, she justs likes to act like a macadamia (nut) :wise:

Anyway, best wishes to you and the rest of our old soc, wherever soc their in now :grouphug:

Last edited:
I read the thread in question...

I had to make a post about this as I am torn about my feelings. It appears that a regular poster (whose name rhymes with weezle) has been banned. On the one hand I am not surprised, his posts are vague to say the least and recently they have become unacceptable.

On the other hand I have always been intoxicatingly drawn to any posts he has made, as whatever the comment it usually has brought a smile to my face. I don't understand the guy or many of his points (well there aren't really any points) but it feels like I have lost the baffoon at the end of the bar who would always do something outlandish just for affect.

I wish him the best and thank him for regularly entertaining me, I just hope he sorts out whatever it is that is eating away at him at the moment, despite anything else he was a regular poster here.

I have no idea if this post breaks the forumn rules, but I have not named anyone.

To the mods is this temp or perm ? (i really hope it's just temp)

GL and Happy New Year to you all

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

...at least back a page or so...what did he get banned for? I dont get it...

Brick

Short temporary bans I think is a good thing in my opinion. A little warning and time off for the person to reflect about their posting.

Last edited:
Back