NRF - No Resource Found - Mining/Skilling App

Well update adobe no luck there.

I think the issue is the colors.

If I understand the color settings page in options. The colors are allowed so far out of range. That the programs looks for the color then converts it to black and white. Well my original deviation was like 1.69 so I set it up to 19.61.
Which if i understand this page shows my captured image in the previews. And in the text box next to it it would show you the data converted. I can see it celar enough but the program still gives me jibberish.

u u ii i: Eui
ik i: ::
i i: ::

That's what it looks like after it converts form the image.

So the deviation is not far enough. Or I need to adjust pc color settings. I'll try the config file first set the deviation above 19.61 see if that does the trick if not i hit the graphics card color options. Or try it at 16 bit color instead of 32 bit. But I'd hate to get out of 32 bit. }:>/

Well update adobe no luck there.

I think the issue is the colors.

If I understand the color settings page in options. The colors are allowed so far out of range. That the programs looks for the color then converts it to black and white. Well my original deviation was like 1.69 so I set it up to 19.61.
Which if i understand this page shows my captured image in the previews. And in the text box next to it it would show you the data converted. I can see it celar enough but the program still gives me jibberish.

u u ii i: Eui
ik i: ::
i i: ::

That's what it looks like after it converts form the image.

So the deviation is not far enough. Or I need to adjust pc color settings. I'll try the config file first set the deviation above 19.61 see if that does the trick if not i hit the graphics card color options. Or try it at 16 bit color instead of 32 bit. But I'd hate to get out of 32 bit. }:>/

Well I tried 16 bit turned on the anti alaising.
Messed with various graphics card settings.
Even set the deviation higher in the ini.

All to no avail.

The deviation in the ini even if you change it will not go above 50.

If I could make it go above 50 i'd probably be all right. This would be the simplest of things to set.

But as I can't I have to work out some graphics settings.

I have an ati radeon hd 3200 graphics card. If anyone has this card working i'd be happy to know some data on your set up.

I'll go check the driver for an update but I doubt it will correct this problem. But hey ya never know.

At the very least I hope I have provided you all with some useful info on how to use the color setting tool.

If you're getting data. When you pull an image if you go to the color settings you should see the text boc decrypt your screen and clear text data in there. Which is simply what's not happening for me.
Anyone who has one or two pieces that work and pull but one of the three don't work you can try to monkey around in there to see if you can get the last one or two captures to work.

Good luck.
M out.

nope site and download works

NRF finally worked for a while on my computer, after configuring it correctly. It worked for a day, recording my bomb drops and claims. Then it suddenly stopped working, now it will only record bomb drops but not claims.

I get the 2 beeps, letting me know it is successful, but wen i look i the mining log it only shows the drop i made, never the claim.

I have to manually enter the claim and then it will show on the map sometimes, sometimes not...

any help?

You are running in Win2K mode and as administrator, right?

First of all I love this tool. It saves a lot of trees when I go mining ;).

But unfortunatly I have a big problem with it. I did not manage to make it work correctly. For some strange reason it does not seems to automatically record anything. I have done everything according to manual and some other posts that I have found, but the only thing that app is doing is to capture and save screenshots in the app folder. Non of my key mapping nor batch processing of screenshots work.

I am running Windows Vista in classic theme. EU is set to run as administrator in win200 compatibility mode (also I have tried it with "desable desktpo composition/theme with no effect). NRF is also running in administrator mode (just in case). I do not hear beep sound when I press mapped keys, I do not see any screenshots nor new data entries in NRF after pressing mapped keys. The only thing that is happening is that screenshots are beeing saved in app folder. Rest has do be entered manually (not to good when you do 300-400 carpet bomb run and you need to record like 200 deposits). If you need any help in determining what is wrong I will be more then happy to assist you.

Thanks

I've never had any issues with this program what so ever and I have used it since it debuted. Only problem I have ever had with it is the program lags after you record 300 deposits in one run. Not a major issue because I record the deposits as soon as I hit them. I will ask around to some of my buddies and see if they have had this issue and how to fix it.

Personally I reccomend running Vista in the Vista theme. Only reccomendation I can make for solving this problem.

Thanks for a quick replay. I will play with compatibility settings and themes once again. I assume there are no problems with running both NRF and EntropiaTracker at the same time. :)

No, shouldn't be a problem there. I run NRF, ET, and some more programs for EU at the same time.

I ran NRF on my old latop ok for years. Now that laptop has 'died' (and trashed it's harddrive) I have moved over to an iMac (stunning machine!).

I run Vista native via Bootcamp but cannot get NRF to 'hook into' EU. i run EU windowed at 1900 x 1200

EU exe is in W2k compat and Admin modes, NRF 'sees' the EU window, but none of the hotkeys work, nor will it take a screenprt.

Also, the preview windows stay empty soI can't colour check

The entropedia skill reader works ok, so screen grabbing / reading does work - just not for NRF.

It literally does seem that there is no link between NRF and EU.

any ideas??

Last edited:
I found a place to share your log files with others. I'm curious, A; is this site still up B: where the heck did I ( do I ) find it :)

:( never fails, always too late .

Much appreciate. 'You must spread some rep before repping Koister again'

I hate it when that happens :)

What program do you use this for? NRF uses .MDL extensisons. This is a .csv. Only .csv I have seen is for skill calculators and such.

What program do you use this for? NRF uses .MDL extensisons. This is a .csv. Only .csv I have seen is for skill calculators and such.

it's nrf u use dont remember the exact settings to import it though.

If you didn't figure it out already, there's a button to the left of the "+" button that allows you to import CSV files. It's a little paper sheet with a red arrow pointing to the right.
:wise:

Thanks yet again :)

Currently, I run Vista Business.
I tried using NRF, but it doesn't work for me.

This is me, standing beside the claim, with my claim window open, and time + coords in chatbox.

However, the tool sees my screenie.

It doesn't load any coords into the log however.

Here is a picture of my options, and hotkey.

Some additional info:

The Entropia.exe is set to Windows 2000, I followed the guide on the forum exactly.
Any help here?

Currently, I run Vista Business.
I tried using NRF, but it doesn't work for me.

This is me, standing beside the claim, with my claim window open, and time + coords in chatbox.

However, the tool sees my screenie.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/9/8/4/6/nrf_2.jpg
It doesn't load any coords into the log however.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/9/8/4/6/nrf_3.jpg
Here is a picture of my options, and hotkey.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/9/8/4/6/nrf_4.jpg https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/9/8/4/6/nrf_5.jpg
Some additional info:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/9/8/4/6/nrf_7.jpg

The Entropia.exe is set to Windows 2000, I followed the guide on the forum exactly.
Any help here?

It cant read the screenshot, try to change the nrf app to run in different modes and also the slider on the top right you should try to move around and see when it can see your text.

Will go try and find a claim again to test it out =)

Got it to work for one.
Thanks a lot!

+rep!

Um, I saved a run, and when I open it, it says:
Access violation at address 00550891 in modle 'eutool.exe'. Read of address 00000014.

What does this mean?

Access violation at address 00550891 in modle 'eutool.exe'. Read of address 00000014.

What does this mean?

What OS are you using? And are you a Power User/Administrator?

What does this mean?
it means nrf is buggy :) just close it and run it again :)

hey guys,

is this awesome program working in new VU10? i suppose not but cant check it now (waiting for new computer :D)

will it be prepared to work with VU10? :)

cheers,
Hetman

This program is my favorite... I used to keep a mining log in written form, and NRF is so much quicker.
I really hope that it works for v.10 soon.

I can get it to show the text in black and white in the previews under Color Settings, but it wont show the text in the parse windows next to it, even with the deviation all the way up.

Thank you Squee for making this program in the first place, and I am looking forward to it working with the new entropia.

This program is my favorite... I used to keep a mining log in written form, and NRF is so much quicker.
I really hope that it works for v.10 soon.

I can get it to show the text in black and white in the previews under Color Settings, but it wont show the text in the parse windows next to it, even with the deviation all the way up.

Thank you Squee for making this program in the first place, and I am looking forward to it working with the new entropia.

wont work as squee is gone sadly. or atleast seems like it

wont work as squee is gone sadly. or atleast seems like it

That is sad.
Does anyone know if there is another program out there that will do what this program did?

NRF is still the best application that I've seen for recording and displaying mining data - so far anyway.

I'll probably keep using it for recording data, even if I have to do it manually, but I'd really like to see the new map there.

I've created a .png file with the new map (Calpyso.png), and copied one of the old map .ini files and saved as Calypso.ini, and put both in the NRF 'maps' folder.

In theory :)rolleyes:), I should be able to bring up the new map in NRF and then just calibrate it to adjust the .ini file.

Iirc from when the CND maps were added, bringing up the new map in NRF should just need double cliking on the entry for that map (ie any entry that shows Calypso as 'Continent') - however that doesnt seem to work. :ahh:

Is there anyone out there with a better understanding of NRF who can suggest how to get the new map to show ? :scratch2:

(Colored dots on map addict)

Back