NTI Shares gone in 22 minutes, FOMO?

Midnight bacon

Hatchling
What happened with NTI going so fast imo came down, probably to at 1st several loaded up players buying in bulk.

Then followed with medium and smaller buyers reacting to approximately half the shares gone in minutes and panic buying.

I think many players had this idea of buying and watching and maybe buy up some more the following day.

But with the shares going so fast I think many players had to change plans and buy up sooner or missing out on hitting their goal.

Not all of the rapid buying came down to FOMO but I believe it played a big part of what happened.

Other factors I think many newer players would've of seen it as an affordable chance to buy into Calypso.

They went fast after the block buys occurred, so yes i guess some FOMO happened. I tt'd any low mu crud in storage and bought what i could, so guess FOMO (Fear OF Missing Out) played a part, but also demand vs supply..... which as we saw seemed rather heavy on demand side. :)

Don't you think it's more likely that people simply did their homework and were ready on the spot? Occam's razor.

Don't you think it's more likely that people simply did their homework and were ready on the spot? Occam's razor.

Some of both i suspect, whichever way they all sold.

There were for sure a good amount of high end stuff for sale from the initial announcement to sale of them, as well as discounted CP and AG which were removed after all TI ones sold.

10ped a pop. Think you’ll start seeing these reappear for 20/30ped soon. People will buy them though. Kinda sad people have no balls to refuse. (If they can be resold)

10ped a pop. Think you’ll start seeing these reappear for 20/30ped soon. People will buy them though. Kinda sad people have no balls to refuse. (If they can be resold)

Some will of course, I just bought a paltry amount for myself but yes is bound to happen i guess................ kinda like CP ones will gain value if payouts are ok.

Deal with Mindark was they will release TI for sale and half of the money from the sale for the first 3 months will give to Dedifier.
Dedifier bought most of the deeds and now will receive half back in dollars and will resale the deeds for 75% of the price and make a profit.
Now MA realizing this will try to make TI so bad no one want to buy the deeds from Dedifier.

Deal with Mindark was they will release TI for sale and half of the money from the sale for the first 3 months will give to Dedifier.
Dedifier bought most of the deeds and now will receive half back in dollars and will resale the deeds for 75% of the price and make a profit.
Now MA realizing this will try to make TI so bad no one want to buy the deeds from Dedifier.
Source or what type of kool-aid you got?

what do you mean "if they can be resold" ?

we know we will be able to sell them.

What... the f*ck did you :kos: today? lol

Don't know what you had, but can i have some of that? And if you know things like this i would assume you knowing his correct name, Deathifier. :bs:

I have background in finance, so trust me I know what I am talking about!

Close to Nearly Half Was bought in the first few seconds of being released. The Live Stream i did i was frantically clicking on the Exchange. in the Live Stream starting at 12:00 mins into you can see what the first buys looked like.

hmmm...something went wrong here.

I guess all initial investors are still waiting for the price to reach 20.
Started with 14 and now nearing 11 ped.

I guess an anti climax for many.

hmmm...something went wrong here.

I guess all initial investors are still waiting for the price to reach 20.
Started with 14 and now nearing 11 ped.

I guess an anti climax for many.
This is what CLD did. Now look at them

If you look at the price and the volume it is clear that few people try to push the price up.
I will buy when it is under 9.

MA probably wont touch NTI again, they made the money off it that they wanted. They are to busy with UE5 *cough cough, doing nothing* to care about anything else.

MA probably wont touch NTI again, they made the money off it that they wanted. They are to busy with UE5 *cough cough, doing nothing* to care about anything else.

This, and the current economic situation and inflation IRL.
We have both a situation where NTI gives a pec every 2 weeks or 26pec a year which is 2.6%.
And there is probably going to be less deposits due to economic reasons, It wouldn't surprise me that interest in virtual items (in EU and general) will drop in the next year.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This is so far from the truth, its creatively funny.

This, and the current economic situation and inflation IRL.
We have both a situation where NTI gives a pec every 2 weeks or 26pec a year which is 2.6%.
And there is probably going to be less deposits due to economic reasons, It wouldn't surprise me that interest in virtual items (in EU and general) will drop in the next year.
Pretty sure there has been payouts every week except for today though?!

as a player, i have constantly been surprised at the decision to dedicate seemingly all development resources to UE5. that's dedicating a lot of resources to a long term sink that won't pay out for at least another year or two at least.

Any update on MU of NTI shares? What do you think about future price? The price currently settled slightly under original price. I guess some of these scenarios must happen in order to push its price up:

- MA event similar to CP event must start on NTI - CP paid out 32 PEC after that week if I remember correct. Players grinded for Mayhem tokens.
- AG shares have to sell out - these shares are currently competing to NTI shares and there is very large offer considering the demand.
- New mob, mission, markup loot or other NTI development must come in future VU.
- World economics and worries must stabilize regarding war, energy crisis or post-covid effects.

- MA event similar to CP event must start on NTI - CP paid out 32 PEC after that week if I remember correct. Players grinded for Mayhem tokens.
Why ? to make ppl that diod not value the real potential of that stock to recoup some? CAVEAT EMPTOR...
- AG shares have to sell out - these shares are currently competing to NTI shares and there is very large offer considering the demand.
Next Island Developers ADD to the project that is why on expectations ppl buy despite itis high priced or why owners do not dump investment
- New mob, mission, markup loot or other NTI development must come in future VU.
Why ? to help you slavage from a bad investment? maybe a law reintroduce VHS as mandatory so you can get back money from Blockbuster investments, too
- World economics and worries must stabilize regarding war, energy crisis or post-covid effects.
i think that this is no effect in EU, there is PED pegged to Dollar, so at most i see EU player pissed off because we lost (i am in italy) 20% to the exchange rate
/IN FRESH purchases.. and our stake revalued 20% YAY!)
but i totally disagree that if someone is invested 100k USD in the game those are important for his family. in case he has a serious problem,
in EU one should put JUST AMUSEMENT MONEY, servers can be closed tomorrow morning and MA reinburse just PED purchased in the latest 6 months.

NTI is simpli a very good sales transaction by MA. and some people valued it incorrectly and supposed its price would rise to 20
this is not cryptorubbish, it is real dollars (1/10th of a dollar) and people that move bigger amouts know the potentials and risks

MA cashed in 800.000 USD, 5 month of its annual budget. Kudos.

Last edited:
Why ? to make ppl that diod not value the real potential of that stock to recoup some? CAVEAT EMPTOR...

Next Island Developers ADD to the project that is why on expectations ppl buy despite itis high priced or why owners do not dump investment

Why ? to help you slavage from a bad investment? maybe a law reintroduce VHS as mandatory so you can get back money from Blockbuster investments, too

i think that this is no effect in EU, there is PED pegged to Dollar, so at most i see EU player pissed off because we lost (i am in italy) 20% to the exchange rate
/IN FRESH purchases.. and our stake revalued 20% YAY!)
but i totally disagree that if someone is invested 100k USD in the game those are important for his family. in case he has a serious problem,
in EU one should put JUST AMUSEMENT MONEY, servers can be closed tomorrow morning and MA reinburse just PED purchased in the latest 6 months.

NTI is simpli a very good sales transaction by MA. and some people valued it incorrectly and supposed its price would rise to 20
this is not cryptorubbish, it is real dollars (1/10th of a dollar) and people that move bigger amouts know the potentials and risks

MA cashed in 800.000 USD, 5 month of its annual budget. Kudos.

Man.. I see you quite hate and slander NTI on PCF overall. Relax a bit.

1) I would not say NTI is a bad investment. It pays out dividends pretty similar to CP shares (maybe the exact same) which ain't bad and CP are valued higher. In this case their prices could match the same level longterm, somewhere between 10-17 PED. Because of the same performance/ROI. Currently there is still much more NTI units offered in exchange center (because they are the most recent) but it will be less and less in time.

2) You do not realize that MA will be able to profit more from the next sales if they make NTI sale even more worthy. Imagine the next IPO/market capitalization price of Cyclops Depths or something. People will be willing to invest more in case previous sales go well otherwise the next shares will sell hard and thus MA will miss money.

3) I believe that in upcoming TWEN event people will grind a lot especially uber mobs on NTI to loot new weapons, armors and faps.

Man.. I see you quite hate and slander NTI on PCF overall. Relax a bit.
i don't. what i hate is the idea that "you must receive a certain amount of dividend flow" just because you own it. it is economic.s
1) I would not say NTI is a bad investment. It pays out dividends pretty similar to CP shares (maybe the exact same) which ain't bad and CP are valued higher. In this case their prices could match the same level longterm, somewhere between 10-17 PED. Because of the same performance/ROI. Currently there is still much more NTI units offered in exchange center (because they are the most recent) but it will be less and less in time.
the main point is that people dont want to offer lower because think they moght be lift at some price. if this was a 2 way market someone could put orders to purchase at 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ped and we could see real "consensus value" fot the item. now the market is inefficient, the real value is jsut a guess (same for CP)
2) You do not realize that MA will be able to profit more from the next sales if they make NTI sale even more worthy. Imagine the next IPO/market capitalization price of Cyclops Depths or something. People will be willing to invest more in case previous sales go well otherwise the next shares will sell hard and thus MA will miss money.
I think that MA should not even sell more. remember that each cash collected now is lesser decay cashed in later on. MA is just NPVing (actualizing) fututure cash flow and sell it. each sale is less future income for MA so on the contraryif is better if i sell NTI shares at 10.. then buy back later at 5 when ppl sells in delusionary selloff, i cash in the 5 ped anticipated and then i get all the 100% return for myself.
Players and MA in this case are on the opposite sides. it is beter to develop another zone, this one was already "cashes in".....economics...
3) I believe that in upcoming TWEN event people will grind a lot especially uber mobs on NTI to loot new weapons, armors and faps.
I was playing WOW in FEN, not sure of mechanism of TWEN but....
if i was MA i would do it like Mayhem, without special tokens, TWEN Tokens (one kind) one year to manufacture as much as you can
i would produce upgradable items... start with 10k token get notmal item, turn in another 5k upgrade to adj, then all the way to perfected
people will get accomplishment for each item, someone will push until upgraded to perfection
endless grinding. why onj NTI? outside of it MA share is bigger....... i would never organize an event here... is giving out my meal...

Again, i got NOTHING against NTI, i got some against ppl that is conscious that it was a mediocre investment and wants to receive some "Extra" because they made a bad decision.

peace

i don't. what i hate is the idea that "you must receive a certain amount of dividend flow" just because you own it. it is economic.s

the main point is that people dont want to offer lower because think they moght be lift at some price. if this was a 2 way market someone could put orders to purchase at 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ped and we could see real "consensus value" fot the item. now the market is inefficient, the real value is jsut a guess (same for CP)

I think that MA should not even sell more. remember that each cash collected now is lesser decay cashed in later on. MA is just NPVing (actualizing) fututure cash flow and sell it. each sale is less future income for MA so on the contraryif is better if i sell NTI shares at 10.. then buy back later at 5 when ppl sells in delusionary selloff, i cash in the 5 ped anticipated and then i get all the 100% return for myself.
Players and MA in this case are on the opposite sides. it is beter to develop another zone, this one was already "cashes in".....economics...

I was playing WOW in FEN, not sure of mechanism of TWEN but....
if i was MA i would do it like Mayhem, without special tokens, TWEN Tokens (one kind) one year to manufacture as much as you can
i would produce upgradable items... start with 10k token get notmal item, turn in another 5k upgrade to adj, then all the way to perfected
people will get accomplishment for each item, someone will push until upgraded to perfection
endless grinding. why onj NTI? outside of it MA share is bigger....... i would never organize an event here... is giving out my meal...

Again, i got NOTHING against NTI, i got some against ppl that is conscious that it was a mediocre investment and wants to receive some "Extra" because they made a bad decision.

peace

OK man I will spread the question out different way - How come that CP shares are 70 % up compared to NTI while their absolute payout is the same? In case you are right and NTI is a crap, who cares when dividends are OK? I mean why the hell would anyone now buy CP shares which are more expensive, worse ROI with current price and therefore having less potential to grow in price too...

Last edited:
How come that CP shares are 70 % up compared to NTI while their absolute payout is the same?

That is a very good point. I've been wondering that myself. Furthermore NTI is a better share than cp because its planet side and untaxed. So in theory when payouts are the same the value of NTI shares should in theory be higher than CP.

I guess its the the human factor which equates to illogical decisions from players?

Back