Oil rig drops

1kevinrt

Mature
All the drops at the rig are right near the pump. I was thinking that set up was frusterating for n00bs trying to get oil and I assume boring for the ubers guarding it. The way it's set up I don't see much use for statigy so I just run in the same way all the time and almost always get blasted by an uber at pritty much the same spot. What fun is that, at least I get a moment of elation once I finally succeed.
What I was thinking was instead of one drop of ~500 (or ~1000) oil at the pump they should make it so the oil drops all around the rig complex in 100 oil batches. That way n00bs would have a better chance of getting a little oil and have more fun trying and the ubers would probably have more fun trying to control the rig because it would take more stratigy than just clicking there mouse.

Not sure if I agree with your reason for making the oil drops how you describe, but I agree it seems strange that they would set up a really awesome pvp area and then focus it all into one area that isn't even central to the zone.

I think it is a nice idea something to promote to noobs and is the noobs can have the chance to get even only small amount if it is scattered around the rig.

Not sure if I agree with your reason for making the oil drops how you describe, but I agree it seems strange that they would set up a really awesome pvp area and then focus it all into one area that isn't even central to the zone.

Bring back the old oil rig imo, big trox hunting with a side of Oil. ;)

How about dropping 1 barrel of oil at the time, once per 2 seconds? ;) lol

Working on an average of 40PED oil an hour we could have:

66 oil (0.66PED), one drop per minute
4000 oil (40PED), one drop per hour
96000 oil (960PED), one drop per 24 hours
672000 oil (6720 PED), one drop per week
2688000 oil (26880 PED), one drop per 4 weeks

Or...

35064000 oil (350640 PED), one drop per year :yay:

i agree with smalldrops but

lets say every oil drop that is now reduse every drop by 100 oil and those is dropped in a big spawn like radar size around the big house at rig. That way it need some work to own all oil at rig u need to runn around serching to and just not only in one spot. Lets asume a rig owner that just stand there dont serch in a fiew drops it is oil ewerywere :) . wow it wuld be PK ppl scattering for missed drops. in a day or so it might be oil ewrerywere to find :)

35064000 oil (350640 PED), one drop per year :yay:

well MindArk/FPC said 90k PED of oil in a year when they announced it :silly2:

Oil should spawn all over the entire new rig area instead of just one small area. Maybe have the largest spawns happen on the upper levels this could make for some very interesting King of the Hill battles.

No matter what I think the whole rig area should be used making it difficult to defend yet fun for everyone.

I agree that the oil should be randomly distributed throughout the complex. It would definitely a better way of making use of it. Watch this space I guess, im sure FPC are aware of the possibilities.

Good idea. I agree.

I agree that the oil should be randomly distributed throughout the complex. It would definitely a better way of making use of it. Watch this space I guess, im sure FPC are aware of the possibilities.

I have to agre with this as well random drops, would definatly make it more fun in such an area.

fun = moving around and being challenged,
standing still clicking in same spot = boredom

is the rig not broken anymore?

Oil should spawn all over the entire new rig area instead of just one small area. Maybe have the largest spawns happen on the upper levels this could make for some very interesting King of the Hill battles.

Hmmm, I really like that idea =D

bump

i bump this one i whant more coment on it :)

I toally agree. Maybe u should get a petition going to hand to MA to get them to change it!

No matter what I think the whole rig area should be used making it difficult to defend yet fun for everyone.

i like. too short bla bla

Im doing some advertising for this thread around the oil rig, maby that will generate some activity. I'm tempted to post some threads linking to this one in n00bs corner and PvP but i figure that would probably annoy the forum administrators, so I gu8ss I won't.

from a noob perspective

i like knowing where the oil is going to be... if it was in random places, i think i i would get less oil as apposed to now where i sometiems get oil

frequency is ok.. but it could be changed .. i would prefer it was dynamic E.G. one week its 1k drops more slow ly than next week as its dropping 500 drops .. next week its dry... etc.etc

i understand that your idea will stave off boredome but i doubt any of it will actually help a noob...

just my 2 pec

I also like your idea Sirhc.

Dropping the same amount but split up into a number of smaller drops sounds like a much more entertaining and challenging way to do it. Dropping them within a 400m radius of the rig sounds like a reasonable area IMHO (based on half a lesser TP jump)

i like knowing where the oil is going to be... if it was in random places, i think i i would get less oil as apposed to now where i sometiems get oil

Im not sure about random drops having that much of a positive effect for a dedicated rig running n00b. But I don't think it will really hurt, before sweating came back I spent days running the rig and I got about 80 ped in oil, but once you consider the time I spent i guss i was making a little more than 2 ped an hour, usually getting killed and reading the forum while my avitar ran to the rig to probably get killed in sight of it or else standing at the rig for a couple hours hands poised on my mouse and the quick key for pickup hoping I would be the fastist of five or six people.

The difficulty I faced did make finally getting oil a very joyful event for me, but I think the typical player woulden't have the paitence to go through what I did to get to that point. I think my idea would make the process of getting killed trying to get oil more fun and also increase the liklyhood of a n00b getting a little bit of oil.

Last edited:
The difficulty I faced did make finally getting oil a very joyful event for me, but I think the typical player woulden't have the paitence to go through what I did to get to that point. I think my idea would make the process of getting killed trying to get oil more fun and also increase the liklyhood of a n00b getting a little bit of oil.

i agree 100% with this entire paragraph

your idea would deffenetly bring more entertainment value to time spent at the rig ... for noobs and ubers alike..(though i know that I persionally would prolly get less oil for it.. a larger number of noobs could get SOME oil) so the more i think about it, the more i like it.. but im not afraid to sacrifice some peds to be entertained.... im not playing EU to make money.. im here for the fun...

so cudos for the good idea

Back