Onslaught: Solaris challenge you!!

Congratulations
..to the Jake with a nice non-laserlink streak of 1471 kills
(His +3k kill also counts - but the other one got the clapping :D)

Jake has recieved 500 EFD as a winner prize this sunday.

..followed strongly by TanMan and 1402 Kills. :wtg:

TanMan recieved a small consolation prize of 300 EFD just for the fun!

Now - shall we try a new round??
How about making the odds more even this time?
Im adding the new rules of:

- Max number of 6 laser cannons on the field
- New field "Squirly" as shown below
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Ooo new map, bring it on.

Congratulations
..to the Jake with a nice non-laserlink streak of 1471 kills
(His +3k kill also counts - but the other one got the clapping :D)

Jake has recieved 500 EFD as a winner prize this sunday.

..followed strongly by TanMan and 1402 Kills. :wtg:
Oh, I had a better one, but didn't bother to post it, since Jake got 3k :eyecrazy:

It's a bit late now, but I'll share it anyway:

And Gratz to Jake. You're truly uber, my friend. ;)

Better go to bed now :laugh:

I just cant get past that 133/134 wave mark:

1301 kills

Thanks for the 2nd Prize!

Here's my first try for this board

1418 kills

Thanks for the congratulations and the EFDs. :)

Nice one there too, Vedder. I'm studying it to perhaps incorporate elements of your set-up in my plan to win the next round too. :)

Round 2 best so far.

1623 Kills.

Ah, Nice one.

I see you like the nukes too. ;)

The nukes are ok, but it just seems like after wave 160ish they become next to useless no matter how many damage+ you use.

God this game is addictive, lol. Heres my best so far

Just to piss everyone off with another 3k+ score. :D

No laser chain this time. If I had realised one vital thing about 2 minutes earlier I would have had an arbitrarily high score, say 10k+ kills, if my computer could handle it. I'm not about to repeat it though, since it's just a matter of time wasted and no brain activity involved anymore.

Not sure if I want this to be a real entry, but well, I didn't *quite* cheat. :)

I'm working on a more legitimate entry, will post that later this week when I can't stand trying to improve it more I guess.

EDIT: I just realised the final kill score in the small pop-up window and the kill counter in the bottom right does not match. :scratch2: I blame lag, like in EU pvp.
I didn't edit the image, promise, that's just lame...and if I had I'd had a higher score. ;) The concept should be clear from the screenie, try it if you don't believe it.

No laser chain this time. If I had realised one vital thing about 2 minutes earlier I would have had an arbitrarily high score, say 10k+ kills, if my computer could handle it. I'm not about to repeat it though, since it's just a matter of time wasted and no brain activity involved anymore.

Not sure if I want this to be a real entry, but well, I didn't *quite* cheat. :)

I'm working on a more legitimate entry, will post that later this week when I can't stand trying to improve it more I guess.

EDIT: I just realised the final kill score in the small pop-up window and the kill counter in the bottom right does not match. :scratch2: I blame lag, like in EU pvp.
I didn't edit the image, promise, that's just lame...and if I had I'd had a higher score. ;) The concept should be clear from the screenie, try it if you don't believe it.
:bowdown:

Hmmm, wtf?

I must be bugged, because when I use black holes the kills don't count towards my killcount. I thought that was the point of them, you don't kill the bad guys, you blast them into another universe.

Ah nevermind, it seems the kills count, but you get no money for them, I knew there was a reason I didn't use black holes ;)

Last edited:

Before your screenie . i've tried that combination ... but something didn't work ... :confused:

No black holes :confused: :cry:

Thankyou so very freakin' much for showing me yet another game i won't be able to stay away from!!!!!

Gahh!!!! ~1000 clean kills and then they just run straight through
my defences.:mad:

Dam Jake :laugh:
+3k kills again!! Your the king! :cool:

I tried your setup (or something) and still cant barely get past 1k.
Common master - you got to give up some of your secrets here. Im going crazy :D

Damn game :D:D

1376 is my best so far for this round

I know what his trick is but I haven't had enough time to master it. His screenies are quite deceptive though.

Black holes give you kills but no money so how do you survive? You don't. Which is why you never start off with a black hole. Instead, you can live all the way to about wave 110 with only a nuke as your weapon. After that, just start making the yellow turrets at the beginning to slow down so the nuke can fire off a couple of rounds. Then, while you rake in the money, begin making your black hole combos. Eventually, the nuke becomes worthless and you survive on just the black holes. Unfortunately, the holes are sporadic and don't suck in everything. Also, you need to make sure that only one yellow turret is able to hit the enemies or else it throws off the whole combo. So, place them farr enough back so as to avoid having the green turret accidentally fire at the enemies. That's about all for now. I need to try the strategy out when I get some time.

I know what his trick is but I haven't had enough time to master it. His screenies are quite deceptive though.

Black holes give you kills but no money so how do you survive? You don't. Which is why you never start off with a black hole. Instead, you can live all the way to about wave 110 with only a nuke as your weapon. After that, just start making the yellow turrets at the beginning to slow down so the nuke can fire off a couple of rounds. Then, while you rake in the money, begin making your black hole combos. Eventually, the nuke becomes worthless and you survive on just the black holes. Unfortunately, the holes are sporadic and don't suck in everything. Also, you need to make sure that only one yellow turret is able to hit the enemies or else it throws off the whole combo. So, place them farr enough back so as to avoid having the green turret accidentally fire at the enemies. That's about all for now. I need to try the strategy out when I get some time.

That sums it up pretty much, yes. :)
I was using 3 or 4 nukes however, and some Big Damage Ups which easily kills everything up until about wave 145. At wave 140 or so I built the black hole combos and upgraded them as far as I could with the money I had (not much). Then when the enemies start to break through, just sell the nukes and BDU's and upgrade all the black hole combos to max.

As for the laser chain Solaris, yours did not work very well because it had multiple tails. Go and read up on how they work and you'll easily get huge scores in that way too. :)

Erm, am I the only one who doesn't know how to sell towers?

Click on it and press S. :)

Or from the pop-up window under "General" there's a button inside the circle where you can see the value of the tower.

Note that you only get 70% of the money you spent on it back though.

Click on it and press S. :)

Or from the pop-up window under "General" there's a button inside the circle where you can see the value of the tower.

Note that you only get 70% of the money you spent on it back though.

Thanks Jake, that will make everything a LOT easier.

That sums it up pretty much, yes. :)
I was using 3 or 4 nukes however, and some Big Damage Ups which easily kills everything up until about wave 145. At wave 140 or so I built the black hole combos and upgraded them as far as I could with the money I had (not much). Then when the enemies start to break through, just sell the nukes and BDU's and upgrade all the black hole combos to max.

As for the laser chain Solaris, yours did not work very well because it had multiple tails. Go and read up on how they work and you'll easily get huge scores in that way too. :)

I was just doing one nuke and then I created 3 yellows to slow the mobs down at the beginning so the nuke could do its work. Then, just move them into place once you're ready. Although, this method costs 1500 to move them which could be used elsewhere I guess.

My attempt.. It does seem that kills aren;t registered as fast as they could be.
I made a last run for it with 100 waves (The big blob in the middle) when I had 2 spaces left ;D

My internet connection has been going up and down sporadically during the last few days now, mostly down, so I better post this one in case it's down tomorrow. :/
I wish I would have had time to improve a little more on it, it's just the third/fourth try or so. Why does tech stuff invariably fail after work-hours on Fridays? Never on Monday morning when tech support has got the whole week free to talk with you. :(

No black holes involved in this one.

WEll seeings as the other enbtires break the 6 cannon rule:

WEll seeings as the other enbtires break the 6 cannon rule:

Good try... but it was a max of 6 Lasers (green turret) ;)

I still have to give credit to either Jake, TanMan and Alien for the best results yet this round. :wtg:

Tomorrow will see the last and ultimate round opening. New field and final prizes. Get those turrets back up :D

my best one yet...this version anyway:yay:

Back