Onslaught: Solaris challenge you!!

Solaris

Elite
Society
Perseus
Robin Solaris
Here is a nice oldtime and FREE flashgame:

Onslaught
Who can get the highest number of kills?

Game is found here: www.y8.com/games/Onslaught_2
Round Prize: 3 weekly highest scores get 500 EFD
Main Prize: Best score at May 1. 2008 wins the grand prize of 1000 EFD

Rules:
- Use only the game version from above link
- Post your score map in this thread
- Max number of 6 laser cannons on the field
- No Black Holes!
- New field for third week match "Puzzle" as shown below
- New week = new round of scores starting from 1
- Dont be late for work
- Feed your kids and the dog first!

Winner of 1st week 500 EFD: Jake with 1471 kills!!

Winner of 2nd week 500 EFD: Alien with 4730 kills!!

-----------------------------------​

A few tips to the weapons are shown below in post #4

Shortcut keys:
Space = trigger next wave
Q = upgrade damage of selected weapon
W = upgrade range of selected weapon
E = upgrade rate of selected weapon
C = show glow of combinations
M = move weapon to new location (cost 500)
S = sell the weapon

Last edited:
1008 both times ... strange

in any case, didn't take a screeny, so GL to you all :)

not quite as good as you but not bad first try i think.

1068 kills made

Some tips...

This might make it more challenging. Dont ask details - Im new at this as well :D

Red Turrets
High rate of fire, excellent range and the most damage of any turret, but certainly not cheap to upgrade! Upgrade their range three levels and the rate of fire by four to activate holding pattern, where the turret will keep rockets in the air, circling and ready to attack at all times.

Green Turrets
Average range, rate of fire and damage, but very cheap to upgrade. Green turrets can link together, where they fire at each other in a chain, each link along the chain adding an extra 25% to the laser beam's power.

Blue Turrets
Good rate of fire and good damage, but limited range. Upgrade their damage by four levels and their rate of fire by four they will occasionally freak out. The turret fires at four times its normal rate, with three times the normal damage. It freaks out for about 5 seconds, and you get a few seconds warning.

Yellow Turrets
A poor rate of fire to begin with and quite a low range, but these turrets can poison attackers, causing them to move slowly for a period of time before they recover. The more you upgrade the damage on this turret, the more powerful its poison is and the longer the attackers stay stunned for. These turrets also have the same freak out ability as blue turrets.

Combos
Combos are powerful weapons that are triggered by a group of several turrets that are placed close together. To trigger a combo you have to have a group of turrets that meets these conditions:
All turrets in the group must be very close together (less than one turrets-width apart)
All turrets in the group must have their damage upgraded to the maximum level

Which combo will be triggered?
This depends on which turret in the group is the first one to see an attacker and fire at it. In the first example in the list, one red turret and one green turret will fire the "Laser Rockets" combo. As this is a red turret combo, the red turret must be the first turret in that group to fire. This is best achieved by increasing the range of the red turret so that it is the first turret to see the oncoming attacker.

By changing the range of the turrets in the group you can control which one fires first, and therefore which combo is triggered.

onsl4.jpg

onsl2.jpg

onsl3.jpg

Last edited:
Beat this Einstein :D
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Wave 138 = 1328 kills

lol - the screen became quite slow from all the lasers beaming up :laugh:

Nice game. :)

I got 1281 kills in my first attempt. :yay:

I'm sure I can do a lot better, once I get the hang of the combos. ;)

Edit: Added pic...

Hmm.. Tried again and got better combos... But they seemed to stop working towards the end, so my score was a bit lower than in my first try. :scratch2:

Last edited:
Damn these small but addictive games.. :D will post soon!

knowing a little about the combos made my score go much better thx Solaris.

current score 1343

1st try:

1345 kills.

looks a wc3 tower maze game ^^

I got 3k+... Will post later when I have MORE. :yay:
Oh noes :rolleyes:

My score was 3900+, but I just found out I spent hours in a newer version.
Seems it's much easier to get big scores in version 2.1 than in version 2.0 beta.
:(

Oh noes :rolleyes:

My score was 3900+, but I just found out I spent hours in a newer version.
Seems it's much easier to get big scores in version 2.1 than in version 2.0 beta.
:(

Gotta use the link I gave ;)

True - other versions I think even give possibility to adjust loot and timer. No go there!

TanMan got the high score right now: 1345 kills

Will he be the one to run off with 500 EFD???

True - other versions I think even give possibility to adjust loot and timer. No go there!

13xx seems to be the max that can be reached, at least for me, regardless of what technique i use ... xx will be the decider :)

I got a bit more:

Noobs. :silly2:

I have a love-hate relation to these kinds of games, they are like black holes just sucking down time. I'll improve when I get more time left over. (Or not. :) )

Despite my best intentions I got stuck in front of the screen again. I know it is possible to make this set-up better, let's see if anyone manages. :)

Last entry as I'm falling behind in my studying. Good luck to those who also get addicted. :)

Looks like a hard one to beat there from Jake :eyecrazy: :D

High score updated on post #1

OK, I give up. The best I managed to get was 1283...

Cheers :beerchug:

Look like Jake is the man in this battle: 3k+ kills, thats pretty amazing when the rest of us get stuck at 1k :laugh:

I cant even get above wave 100 using laser turrets only :(

Unless anyone beat Jake - he will recieve 500 EFD in week prize sunday evening :wtg:

1362 Kills

Here is a non-laser-chain entry if you think the laser chains are "cheating". :)
(Yes, I know I said the last one should be my last entry...I'm addicted now, lol.)

The newer version is somewhat more fun, but it's interesting to have a specific map and goal with restrictions. :)

1471 kills.

Man, just got over 1k :D (1046)

Gotta learn them combos methinks :silly2:

1402 Kills

Back