Opalo + 101

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

Just back from a 20k bot hunt and although loot wasn't too shabby (looted Mk. II and fap-35) I saw my repair bill for the vigi (35 PED, and another 10 ped for fap-5/80) ... Since I have been hunting for high-end mobs (high-end for me) for the past few weeks (just one soc. global, that was it), I am seriously broke now so want to go back to Opalo + 101 for a while before depositing bigger again after X-Mas.

Anyone know where I find good mobs for that setup (preferably in just pixie with little fapping inbetween) ... Only place I know is corn in Argus (love em :)

Also, with rifle at 2.4k (never chipped or anything) am I ready for the Mk. II I looted tonight ?

thanks all
ILW

Not ready for the Justi, by FAR (2.6k rifle here, only panic weapon from now on). As for the opalo, I have fun killing berycleds at Zeus, maybe exaros at Argus (Came from there just now, began skilling BLP pistols on Emik, profitted, looted Kobold F Harness too ;))... Goblin armor though.

Berys and Corn west of Billys, very very boring but easy to kill with Opalo and 101.

snarksnots north from atlas north...dont drop anything thrilling i think, some hunter parts maybe and kobold harn and shiny stacks of oil :yay:

as for mk2...i'd say dont. unlock rda first, push it up to 2k (goes pretty fast in the beginning) and then try some mk2ing. before its bit risky imo

Hello all,

Just back from a 20k bot hunt and although loot wasn't too shabby (looted Mk. II and fap-35) I saw my repair bill for the vigi (35 PED, and another 10 ped for fap-5/80) ... Since I have been hunting for high-end mobs (high-end for me) for the past few weeks (just one soc. global, that was it), I am seriously broke now so want to go back to Opalo + 101 for a while before depositing bigger again after X-Mas.

Anyone know where I find good mobs for that setup (preferably in just pixie with little fapping inbetween) ... Only place I know is corn in Argus (love em :)

Also, with rifle at 2.4k (never chipped or anything) am I ready for the Mk. II I looted tonight ?

thanks all
ILW

May I suggest going with a Breer m2a. It is a bit more costly but you will be able to handle somewhat larger mobs.

The again I may be totally off base and youmay be happy with the opalo-101. GL to you either way. As for mobs to hunt I am afraid I don't have any advice I have only picked up an opalo once since the VU. I use m2a at all times now.

Also, with rifle at 2.4k (never chipped or anything) am I ready for the Mk. II

Nope I have 7k in rifle and still I lose quite heavily with mk2, compared to the kross 400 or other limited type weapons.

You could use opalo+101+fap5 on bery young without armor. I did this when low on funds and I did ok.

I have RDA at about 2k and rifle about 3.5k. MkII will miss a bit and with amp thats 11 ammo per miss. If you can afford that and want fun. Go MkII. But there are some good 10/10 Limited options you could use. You could always go a MkI for less loss. Best bet is go through wiki and find something that suits the dmg/fire rate/decay for you. Yes a limited weapon has a markup but i bet that markup is paid for in less misses. On the plus side you do get great skill gains using a MkII on difficult mobs which compensates i think on the lower economy of being underskilled.

Don't touc MK2 at all. I have 4k ifle now and using that gun is still very uneconomical. I also do not think it is a great idea to hunt weak mobs just for the skills. When I'm broke I usually end up getting 200%+ profits on my hunts, so I can go on a bigger one later.

First off all, thanks very much for all your advise. All posts clearly state that I am not ready yet for MK. II and so be it (I have a fair few Breer M2a (L) in my storage to skill with :)

Only thing I would consider which none of you have mentioned is the eco on the Mk. II is much higher vs. Opallo so even if you miss the odd shot more, you can compensate some of those missed shots by the better eco (saying that, I am a long way of making this calculation work :)

ILW

As I said last night, I have 3.2 HA on the Mk II and am only just finding I'm getting more consistant good damage with it.

I'm certainly using it now, more than I have done so in quite some time.

not really the missing, i dont miss much at all with mk2, it's all about the 50% min dmg.

I highly recomend CareBear's wonderful site: http://www.entropiatools.com. The weapon compare tool is invaluable for calculating your average efficiency with different weapons, amps and skills. You can even try out different markups to see how they impact the eco of limited weapons :)

Im a n00b, belive me. I now last week went from Exa, Snables, daisk to Faux East of Jason, given me some good loot ( not always)

I mainly hunt with Opalo+A101 and i use about 50pec per mob, (+decay) and i think that its a nice mob hunting when you low on ped

Also i like the Corns @ CP and North of Argus

I would use the M2a with the 101 rather than the opalo. Actually, I do use the M2a with the 101. That's my primary don't have the ped to go bigger set up. :D

I have 4.4K in rifle. When I have the ped for hunting a bit bigger, I use the Mk1 and tag with bravo, if needed, but I find I have much more efficient hunting with the M2a. I chose the Mk1 when I was around your level so that I'm still doing better damage, but have a touch lower ammo burn than the Mk2 for the expenses of those missed shots. I didn't find it worth it to use even the Mk1 until I unlocked RDA. Opalo has become nothing more than a tagging rifle while skillling LBs and if I fire it twice in a LB hunt, it's a lot.

If you want a good area to go eco, try the open area between Jason Centre and East Scylla. Just do laps around the edge of the tree line/mountains. But go with goblin rather than pixie if you can for the snables. There's a nice variety out there. You'll at least still have a small chance of looting a vigi helmet (hopefully M?) from the exas and combibos. I've got two globals in that area. One from a trip and the other from a male snable young of all things. :laugh:

Hugs,
Aliana

Thanks Alina

Looks that not one told me to use the Mk.II just yet (here goes another thing into my storage for a very very very very long time ;)

Yeah, I do know Jason and around but am not a fan of snables ... I love bigger (in size mobs) so prefer shooting exa's and corns ... Unfortunately I don't know a single place for just exas

ILW

You can use it, you will get a good skill gain on it but it will be a little expensive to use as your primary weapon.

If I did what everyone says you should do in theory I'd still be shooting snablesnots.

Don't put it away in storage, go out and have some fun with it for a while and figure some of it out for yourself.

Yes, by all means bear in mind what people have said here, but only you can decide if you want to use it or not.

Thanks Alina

Looks that not one told me to use the Mk.II just yet (here goes another thing into my storage for a very very very very long time ;)

Yeah, I do know Jason and around but am not a fan of snables ... I love bigger (in size mobs) so prefer shooting exa's and corns ... Unfortunately I don't know a single place for just exas

ILW

If you want almost all exas (maybe one small bery every 10-20 if not more exas) , go to the LA north of New Oxford. It's not a very long run or only two lesser TP jumps, if you have a TP chip. The exas there are really big too! ;)

The only other place I know would be Dome 7 on CND. They are big too, but it's all exas and only exas (at least the last time I was there).

Hugs,
Aliana

exa up to domi are at the island south of east scylla (no tax :) )
same island as forth troy, there is big river, at the west side south of Scylla are some :D

Alina, Alice

Found the big exas tonight (wohoo) ... Took my uber friends again for a little hunt and it was fun fun fun fun ... Nothing better then having a hhuuuuuuuggggggeeee mob in front of you and still only getting like 10 damage in pixie ;)

Thanks for all the tips (skilled a whole 5 rifle, lol), will stick with my loved opalo +101 as well as my breer and 102 (hoping to get a 201 soon, if you got one for sale, I pay top ped for it !!).

Oh Seven, should I get a good global (or hof) ... THEN I will def. slap on my vigi and MK. II some heavy bots :)

ILW

I've used MKII with 3.6 HA and it still eats peds. It's nice when the loot is decent, because it can break even, but when it loses, it loses big :/

I still can't justify (pun intended) using it over a korss 380/400

Alina, Alice

Found the big exas tonight (wohoo) ... Took my uber friends again for a little hunt and it was fun fun fun fun ... Nothing better then having a hhuuuuuuuggggggeeee mob in front of you and still only getting like 10 damage in pixie ;)

Thanks for all the tips (skilled a whole 5 rifle, lol), will stick with my loved opalo +101 as well as my breer and 102 (hoping to get a 201 soon, if you got one for sale, I pay top ped for it !!).

Oh Seven, should I get a good global (or hof) ... THEN I will def. slap on my vigi and MK. II some heavy bots :)

ILW

That's wonderful to read. Glad to see you found an enjoyable location! ;)

Hugs,
Aliana

Back