OPEN LETTER to improve mining

Mary Jane

Stalker
Society
The Great Pretenders
Mary Mary Jane
Mindark listening us please...

ROUGH IDEA of what to put, dunno if we wanna threaten a strike so early in negotiations.....

Dear FPC,

As a miner I feel left out and extremely disgrunteled in this new SGA, also with previous events.

Items are dropping for hunters & crafters, while we are getting new items to use i.e. mt1000 (L) SGA Edition, Ziplex Z10 Oreseeker (L) SGA Edition etc these are being dropped to crafters and we only get the benifits by paying top Dollar to get them.

I dont know of any miner who is having much "luck" just now, as most are off hunting for items on mobs there is no money being pumped into the ground thus leaving very few claims.

I and we as a group (miners on this thread PETITION for Miners ...) feel that more should and could have been done to give something to us aswell as crafters and miners.

Idea's tossed in are things like "You've found something out of the Ordinary Oreamp SGA (insert lvl of amp here i.e. 1-9) (L) with tt of (insert random value here)" maybe extractors and finders can be found by bombing and unearthing a ancient burrial ground or a miners grave etc..... Hunters can find mining tools from hunting and also find ore's from mobs so why cant we find items even old partialy decayed guns armour etc?

So much more can be done and would be highly appreciated by all, there is many UL items that make hunting more eco but we only have 1-2 of each OA/MA availible putting certain players on pedastils high above the rest.

And the claim stuck in trees and stones? Never we see this why now?
We hope are a bug for short time.
Kind regards
All the miners on this thread

Feel freee to add or amend this as you see fit folks.

Last edited:
Lol

lol ... :D

Im sorry to say but its bullshit...

I think that each player should make all three professions... Thats the key to success..

Please its your choice to only mine.. and when you choosed it you must count that you choosed the proffesion with the lowest risk and smallest amount of peds needed to participate = There cant be hundred of items for miners.. If there will be 100 items for miners then there need to be 10000 items for hunters...

And the fact that for example half of calypso is only mining doesnt change anything.. Still its the lowest risky and lowest ped consuming proffesion ( we are not talking about amps.. ) You must know that to get to the level where you can find almost everything will take you few months, to get you to the level where you can hunt most of the mobs will take you almost one year minimaly by hardcore hunting ?

Mining and Hunting are absolutely not equal things.. For god sake dont expect the same from mining as from hunting... This goes for all 200 people who signed this petition...

3 professions?

just for you...
Marco say in interview each player should be focus in one profession...

My theory is that with the SGA, most people are hunting now (known fact)

For us trully dedicated miners (I only hunt if a mob is on my claim or otherwise in my way) I think the loot needs to be adjusted in our favor. The prices of ores have gone through the roof due to less supply. That's fine, just don't let us loose our asses. The other problem for MA is that if they increase the loot for the very few that are still dedicated miners, it increases our profit exponentially thus increasing their chances of loosing money ( last time I checked MA was a business and the goal of a business is to make money, not loose it)

Basically, with everyone hunting throws the loot system into the bowls of hell. I implore MA/FPC to come up with something to offset these issues. This is creating a very unhappy miner community and MA runs the risk of loosing many players over this issue. My opinion is this: increase the loot now (yes they run the risk of loosing money through December) but, in the long run they keep more players around and therefor increase long term profitability.

MA, is it really worth jacking with your customer base now and loosing some of your most heavy depositor's (me for example) now and kill your long term growth? I'm no business major but I certainly am not dumb

just for you...

Why do you care what other says? :p
Isnt it more fun to do whatever you want?

just for you...

I read that! He never said if it would be good for the PLAYER or for MINDARK though, right? ;) lol

Mining's perfect how it is, please don't change anything.

Changes = those of us who got it right having to learn all over again.

Mining's perfect how it is, please don't change anything.

Changes = those of us who got it right having to learn all over again.

*cough cough* Bullshit! *cough cough*

Instead of crying about returns and begging for changes, go find some new mining areas, they're out there, markup's high now too.

You're missing out :laugh:

Dunno why I'm telling anyone this though, the more of you who quit the higher the markup I'll get. :wtg:

On second thought, stay here and keep whinning.

Dunno why I'm telling anyone this though, the more of you who quit the higher the markup I'll get. :wtg:

Yup. I don't mine much, but on my last 150 PED spent on mining I was even profiting due to the markups.

BTW: the first mining whiners who moved into hunting have started whing already about the markups on hunting loots that have been shot to hell recently :rolleyes:

NVM...thread moved to right section ;)

Last edited:
xzion

Sorry but when i see without common sense i do this ...
I promess no coment anyone with this attitud

LOL, MA must be reading this, just hit unamped enmatter XIV.

Shame sweetstuff has no MU, but I am not complaining, happy to TT it and buy more probes!

I've bombed roughly 40% of Amethera and all I ahve found is one OK tridenite spot. Know something I don't? Share the wealth ;)

I've bombed roughly 40% of Amethera and all I ahve found is one OK tridenite spot. Know something I don't? Share the wealth ;)

I don't mine ores, only enmatters.

I'd be a fool to tell my secrets.

All I'll say is "Go mining and quit whinning!"

Try the new Z10 OreSeeker SGA that was just discovered. :)

come on MA thats one is for us?

Lets hope somehting come

Version Update 10.0.10

The servers will be temporarily unavailable while we implement the version update 10.0.10. The servers will be taken down at:

2009.09.11 10:00 UTC

Downtime will be 60 minutes. Content information will be published after the update.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Lets hope somehting come

Version Update 10.0.10

The servers will be temporarily unavailable while we implement the version update 10.0.10. The servers will be taken down at:

2009.09.11 10:00 UTC

Downtime will be 60 minutes. Content information will be published after the update.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Oh my God.. what are you hoping for ?

That now the SGA Items for miners will rain or what ?

Wake up

I think you need to be careful not to mix all your issues up into one melting pot. Reading through your petition and the various other posts I don't know what it is people are trying to change? Is it:

a) Not enough SGA Items for miners OR
b) The returns suck for miners OR
c) The mining system itself needs a complete overhaul OR
d) all of the above.

If you try and address everything in the same thread or "open letter" then the messages become confused. These 3 things are different topics as far as I can see and should be dealt with individually.

To be honest complaining about returns never gets anywhere in any profession. There could be lots of reasons for it anyway - mining was exceptional on CND the weekend before last for example. So much so it felt like the hit rate was the same as planetside but with CND sized claims. Who knows maybe that's what happened - MA made a costly mistake and are having to recoup? Maybe 200 people signed a petition and did less mining making the available returns less? Maybe the mining system has subtly changed and we need to adapt? Or maybe MA need more cash ;). Whatever it is they won't tell us however much we moan

Marcus has already said the mining system is planned for an overhaul - but not just yet. Perhaps a good thing to do would be to work together and come up with some ideas for how it could be changed and present those to him? Bearing in mind that they are under no obligation to implement these - but if there are good ideas then I'm sure they would consider them. Overhauling a fundemental system like this is a big job and won't happen overnight.

SGA items is maybe a bit disappointing for miners - but it is early days yet and there are way less miners than hunters so maybe more things are out there waiting to be found. But again maybe a positive ideas thread would be something to consider. I think it was Slither who posted some ideas about possible crafting SGA items somewhere - maybe an SGA ideas thread for miners would be worthwhile. It could be that if something is easy to do and doesn't affect balancing too much MA might add it.

Personally, whilst I understand the issues trying to be addressed - well a lot of them anyway - it all seems to be a bit jumbled.

next profession i am focusing on is chatting :laugh: doesnt cost a thing and it's free!!

Do any of you think that claims (any size, from Tiny's to ATH's) appearing inside solid trees is fair? I think it is a very annoying and unnecessary "feature", and this is why I signed the petition. I think MA will do the right thing at least with this.

I think you need to be careful not to mix all your issues up into one melting pot. Reading through your petition and the various other posts I don't know what it is people are trying to change? Is it:

a) Not enough SGA Items for miners OR
b) The returns suck for miners OR
c) The mining system itself needs a complete overhaul OR
d) all of the above.

If you try and address everything in the same thread or "open letter" then the messages become confused. These 3 things are different topics as far as I can see and should be dealt with individually.

To be honest complaining about returns never gets anywhere in any profession. There could be lots of reasons for it anyway - mining was exceptional on CND the weekend before last for example. So much so it felt like the hit rate was the same as planetside but with CND sized claims. Who knows maybe that's what happened - MA made a costly mistake and are having to recoup? Maybe 200 people signed a petition and did less mining making the available returns less? Maybe the mining system has subtly changed and we need to adapt? Or maybe MA need more cash ;). Whatever it is they won't tell us however much we moan

Marcus has already said the mining system is planned for an overhaul - but not just yet. Perhaps a good thing to do would be to work together and come up with some ideas for how it could be changed and present those to him? Bearing in mind that they are under no obligation to implement these - but if there are good ideas then I'm sure they would consider them. Overhauling a fundemental system like this is a big job and won't happen overnight.

SGA items is maybe a bit disappointing for miners - but it is early days yet and there are way less miners than hunters so maybe more things are out there waiting to be found. But again maybe a positive ideas thread would be something to consider. I think it was Slither who posted some ideas about possible crafting SGA items somewhere - maybe an SGA ideas thread for miners would be worthwhile. It could be that if something is easy to do and doesn't affect balancing too much MA might add it.

Personally, whilst I understand the issues trying to be addressed - well a lot of them anyway - it all seems to be a bit jumbled.

I know what you mean. I was hitting a find every 5th drop on average. yet now i'm down to every 200th drop average. This is what bothers me about the way the game is set up. There is no rhyme or reason for it. It just makes everything a game of chance and not skill.

Do any of you think that claims (any size, from Tiny's to ATH's) appearing inside solid trees is fair? I think it is a very annoying and unnecessary "feature", and this is why I signed the petition. I think MA will do the right thing at least with this.

So long as we all have an equal opportinuty to have this happen, yes it is fair.

If you don't want this to happen to you, try mining where there are no soild trees.

Why must you mine where claims can be lost? (if your answer is because the area has high markup resources, consider the markup might be high because it's located in a bad area to mine :silly2:)

Shame sweetstuff has no MU, but I am not complaining, happy to TT it and buy more probes!

Perhaps when taming vu comes...

I'm mining on CND, and there're solid trees everywhere, around any markup resources. What's the difference between this and the unreachable claims on mountains?

I'm mining on CND, and there're solid trees everywhere, around any markup resources. What's the difference between this and the unreachable claims on mountains?

No difference, they're both fair.

Back