Ore Amp Crafting Warning!

Thanx for great comments on this, all of you :thumbup:

Posted it, but failed to keep it rolling..I'm having issue's atm :scratch2:

:rolleyes:

But anyway, ty for +reps, and again some truely great comments from people :wtg:

Well said, dj. Sound advice..

I was lucky enough to be told about crafting fairly early on, and about the big gaping hole in the ground underneath all crafting machines into which you pour your peds...

I've been very very gradually getting into crafting. Before the days of textures I stuck to Filters and Processors etc.. got into Basic Screws shortly after that, and turn all that lovely Iron from the Argos into Screws, and sometimes a chunk of res... (Once hit a 1k Screws HoF, which was nice..)

These days I'm able to take alot of Hides and Wool to the crafting terminals, and knock out textures, and occassionally a few pairs of pants. And basically I'm stickingto these few BPs until I hit BluePrint Comprehension... I heard second hand from a long-term crafter that this is a really good idea...

I have looted 4 or 5 (L) BPs in this time. These I put into a (L) BP Book, and I'm gonna try to keep them til I have the skills to justify the attempts...

I have loads of BPs tho, and plenty of them are too big for me yet. I agree that the temptation to Gamble is huge, but I'm trying to resist.

Threads like this help loads, thanX again dj, Wish me luck with my resolve..

Crafted upto BPC using Filters and Dampers (click click click ........ )
Did Sh*t loads of Jester D1's
Couple hundred m1a's / p1a's

Got loads of Globals / HOF's on each

Never really felt the need to risk all on OA101's but did pick up a 22qr BP just if I felt like trying.

Stopped crafting a while back when metal residue went down to just above TT.

I agree crafting OA101's is a big gamble and is to be avoided unless you are loaded.

dj + rep :)

Oh and one final note: TDO are going to win WPS :)

Crafted upto BPC using Filters and Dampers (click click click ........ )
Did Sh*t loads of Jester D1's
Couple hundred m1a's / p1a's

Got loads of Globals / HOF's on each

Never really felt the need to risk all on OA101's but did pick up a 22qr BP just if I felt like trying.

Stopped crafting a while back when metal residue went down to just above TT.

I agree crafting OA101's is a big gamble and is to be avoided unless you are loaded.

dj + rep :)

Oh and one final note: TDO are going to win WPS :)

Very kind of you to award me efd, so thanx, much appreciated :hug:

and yes, I only craft 101's when I can afford it, that mentality of 'oh well, its a gamble'

I love a gamble lol, I really do, but I am no gambling addict, its just fun to do now and again, and thats it :thumbup:

p.s I shall not admit my huge oversight on the WPS...But I will do my best NOT (came 2nd last round) to lose it again, tyvm ;)

Thanks for answering this for me

Thanks for the solid info on this. I've been looking for this answer.

+rep

Reactions: dj.
Wow, there is some really good information here.

I guess I am the exception, not the rule. I am primarily a miner, so I always have tons of resources laying around waiting to be put on auction. I used to use my melchi/lyst to make basic processors. I made tons of them.

Then, one night I had a few extra PEDs so I bought some materials from auction and tried crafting some oa-101 lights. My first attempt ever at crafting them, and I hit a 300ish PED HOF. I used the amps to mine more resources, then tried them again. I did horrible the next few attempts. Then, a week later I bought about 50 clicks worth of materials off of the auction and hit a 3.1k HOF....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/achievements/120150-first-crafting-hof.html#post1446559
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...my-biggest-crafting-hof-uber.html#post1476688

I have never crafted to sell anything. I always use the amps I craft, and only do it when I can afford it.

If you feel like taking a gamble, and can afford it, then do it! If you are using the things you craft, even a non-HOFing or non-globaling run will still produce a few items you can use.

My story,

I definitely havent been playing as long as many folks around here, in fact I just passed my 1 yr anniversary. I started out doing mining, and never really got a grasp of the game itself. I was still looking for quests lol. Then I met a couple of people who kind of explained things to me. I've been a crafter in most games I play so I figured Id give it a shot, I never had a huge hof on 101's until last friday(later). My first hof was actually a 2300 pedder on some random armor I was playing with. Of course I got that "oh man, I want to play with some of these other cool BP's." After awhile, my wife checked our bank account because she wanted to buy something, and saw all these charges.

I had a problem, so she fixed it lol. Well I figured out a way around her fix, but this time I took a more manageable approach, I havent deposited more then 50.00 at a time since I got caught spending so much. And sometimes I go weeks without even logging in. This past week I hit a 10K hof on 101's, it was a random thing, I was just doing a 100 clicks to see what would happen. Since I got caught though Ive never left my crafting safehouse that Ive found and I have been crafting simple 2 plastic springs forever. Now after the 10K hof I have an apartment that I will likely use to sell later and I am now the proud owner of a simple 3 plastic springs bp with a 47.1 QR on it. Im 3 levels from 30 in mechanical crafting, and I know I have a long way to go to get to where buzz or his circles are.

Crafting sucks, when you get sucked in its extremely difficult to get out. I want to do more hunting but I play when my wife is not home. Even though I dont really deposit anymore, until I have a substantial flow of peds from somewhere I will continue to not tell her.

oh and crafting is bad mmkay

There is plenty of information on how to approach crafting but some people are impatient. Anyone who doesn't start with a Basic Filters (or similar) BP deserves to lose their PED. I'm still on the first part of my crafting career - getting my Basic Filters BP up to QR 100 (I'm at 68)

Interesting read Okele, thanx for sharing :)

The trouble with gambling is..Its just so much damn fun!! It really is, but of course, it should be a treat to do occasionally if one so chooses, and not become an addiction.

As you have mentioned, something is certainly wrong when member's of the family start to question one's finances.

Pianoman, yes I 'sometime's' hit the 101's if I have the ore's already from mining, I would probably do better selling the ore for %, but hey thats my choice, and like you say, if one can afford to gamble, why not?

Its nice to get lucky, just the trying needs to be done in moderation lol

:)

Yep, making amps with no skills is just like hunting Atrox with no skills - you might win a few, but you'll lose a whole lot more.

Perfect post-(Although as a noob I did revive hunt my first atrox and it gave me just over 10 peds :p That was my win!)
Frankenberry

1 year of experience

First of all thx dj. for that worthful post mostly for noobs ;) +rep

I want to tell you all my story about how I got OA101(L) crafter and what i think about it.

Beeing a mostly luckyless hunter for 4 years I decided to try something different. I saw a lot of OA101(L) globals in the chat and also some ppl globaled on them one after the other :eek:. So I decided to do the same :laugh:

I had that OA101(L) from the TT (old good times :ahh:) and in the beginning I crafted on quality only.

I got some return but I lost more and the TT value on that OA was always low... no fat global that I was looking for :scratch2:.

A soc m8 (my former mentor) told to me that if I want to get a global I need to craft on condition and he suggested to change the slidebar during crafting. So I did and I got some globals. Well but my ped card was empty more fast because of a lot of failures.

I thought I just have to find that lucky guys that craft OA101 globals in a row and I started to look for them. I found one and started to craft at the same machine. No luck, all failures. You can't imagine how pi**ed i was seeing him globaling one after an other and me? Mostly when I scanned him and saw that he had less skills than me :mad:.

I tried different strategies like changeing machines, location, time when I craft but no big HOF.

I reached 100.0 QR and 25 skills attachment engineer and I still put in more ped than I got out of OA101(L). I was about to quit EU also because my wife was mad about my CC settlement.

The day after my luck suddenly changed and I got https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/achievements/120479-8-hof-day.html#post1451232

Well since them I believe that crafting is not connected to skills only, to location where you are crafting only, time or avatar only but it's a combination of all of that attributes.

I had days where I made 100 clicks with just one or two globals.... and imaging people told me gratz :( But probably they didn't know that I lost 600 or 700 ped that day.

I had other days when I got golbals in a row also and made some profit. But overall I lost.

After I got my https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/all-time-highs/120497-23k-ath-oa-101-l.html#post1451539 some people called me "rich man". But I wasn't. I still spend more than I got over all.

Well crafting OA101(L) is kinda addictive if you have enough dollars on your CC :cool: But that's the point when relationships may broke. My wife (that doesn't play EU) was really sad. Not because I was playing but because i spend so much money within a short time.

So I decided not to depo anymore for a while and to sell items instead to get some ped. A week ago I went to vacation and I was in a really bad mood because I sold so many things and didn't get a good return on my crafting.

Yesterday I came back from my vacation and started to craft again. I got about 20 failures in a row before I got a global and I was in a bad mood again.
I changed location and was about to log off when suddenly that https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...26357-41k-oa101-l-my-2nd-ath.html#post1534971 appeard.
Well I guess that ATH broke my even now. And when I told to my wife she said "Gratz but don't use your CC anymore" :D

So my conclusions:

1. Crafting is expensive so you need to depo a lot
2. Crafting (especially expensive items) is very risky and you need to be able to cope with the possibility to lose
3. You need a lot of patience
4. You need luck
5. You need to be at the right time on the right location (wherever that is)
6. You need skills

and mostly you need to have steady nerves :laugh:

Then you may be one of the lucky one.
According to entropiatracker.com I made 1425 Globals with a value of 258400 PED.... until I broke even.
But now there will come a period where I'm going to lose ped again... for sure :cry:

+ rep dj I been thinking this for awhile. I am not a heavy crafter but from talking to some crafters I know.. one in the mid 30s on attachment engineering it is for sure making these amps aren't easy.

I hope the people that need to see this thread that haven't do see it.

Last edited:
hedaya, that is a really nice ath :wtg:

but the story behind it isnt.

I feel a bit sad this actually crossed over from vr and made your wife question the money spent.

But like I say, people should only spend what they have, not get into debt, but thats true in all walks of life.

EU is my secondary hobby, my first is my horses, I think its just fine to spend money on a hobby, if one can afford to.

Thanks for looking out for those in need of the info! :thumbup:

According to entropiatracker.com I made 1425 Globals with a value of 258400 PED.... until I broke even.
But now there will come a period where I'm going to lose ped again... for sure :cry:

:scratch2: Then quit while on top? :scratch2:

hedaya, that is a really nice ath :wtg:

but the story behind it isnt.

I feel a bit sad this actually crossed over from vr and made your wife question the money spent.

But like I say, people should only spend what they have, not get into debt, but thats true in all walks of life.

EU is my secondary hobby, my first is my horses, I think its just fine to spend money on a hobby, if one can afford to.

I really know what you are talking about.... well I'm in a lucky situation where I earn good money IRL... don't want to say I'm rich. But at least I am able to afford my wifes wishes (as long it's not a diamond necklace lol).

Well my life and (what i take care a lot) my wifes is still ok. And I know where the borders are ;)

anyway I'd like to be honnest and to tell that I spend ped sometimes for a stupid reason and all out there have to take care ;)

btw I like horses a lot but unfortunately I can't ride

:scratch2: Then quit while on top? :scratch2:

am I at the top? nah.... and I'm not talking about get the big ATH. I still try to figure out how all this works :laugh: even I don't believe I will ever.

btw I like horses a lot but unfortunately I can't ride

Men make very good riders, and learn faster than women, but why?

Cos if they dont, they smash thier bollox against the pommel of the saddle :laugh:

A bit like eu really :cool:

;)

+REP

Yeah its this in every profession i think, never get blinded by the Globals/HoFs/Aths + when you chip up to level 15 Attachment crafter (i did that a year ago or so) you lack of all the knowledge comming with crafting upto this level and this surely is a dangerous thing too, additionally youre eager for the big hit, what makes it even worse(chipped it back out and went mining for the ped :D ). I met 2 guys so far who really got RL-money-problems because of the damn slotmachine, only crafting for their daily swirlie-fix. Both are gone now.

I see it often that newbies are astonished by the flow of global-spams some crafters use to create, but its often enough to tell them that a single click costs like 10ped+ and thats like 6sec of gameplay. So i tell them to count the seconds between the global spams so they can decide for themselves if this is something for them. I add the info that skills and bps alone are at least 5k+ ped and they can easily calculate the ped-ammount that is involved in this.

Men make very good riders, and learn faster than women, but why?

Cos if they dont, they smash thier bollox against the pommel of the saddle :laugh:

A bit like eu really :cool:

;)

lol very insightful :) A lot of experienced players know not to craft 101's, its great that you warn the jaded newbies, we don't want our new EU generation to be in debt now do we ;)

So my conclusions:

1. Crafting is expensive so you need to depo a lot
2. Crafting (especially expensive items) is very risky and you need to be able to cope with the possibility to lose
4. You need luck
6. You need skills

and mostly you need to have steady nerves :laugh:

hmmm let me just change a few words here

So my conclusions:

1. Poker is expensive so you need to depo a lot
2. Poker (especially expensive hand) is very risky and you need to be able to cope with the possibility to lose
4. You need luck
6. You need skills

and mostly you need to have steady nerves

+reps to dj for finally letting people know,

i personally tried it for 5 mins with a 101 qr100, i crafted for ages on filters, dampers, springs, ruds got b.p.c chipped in engineer skills and attachment skills i then went off to try my luck. I got to solfais or segna cant remember exactly and preapred to click and get rich like everyone else i was seeing scroll by on the globals in the chat window (MA propoganda device i calls it) but before i got to it i saw a guy called Rick-chi who i had seen crafting a lot so i thought i would see if he would speak to me (as a lot of higher up players dont seem to help noobs) but luckily for me a few do.

I walked over and said hello and just asked him about it.. he pretty much pointed me in the right direction, He said its gambling, people are just banking on that ATH or bp drop he said i should just try it for 5 mins to get it out of my system basically. So i did, 5 mins, 6 globals and a loss :).

Now as a noob i had crafted lots of low value things, so when you global or hof its like an extra a bonus on what your crafting, the thing with amps i didnt figure out as a noob till i tried it was that the global is an actual amp, nothing extra, no bonus, i think a lot of noobs see globals on 101 amps like i did, extra on top of the amps the person is making. anyway 20 minutes later i sold that 101 100QR bp, rick-chi wouldnt even remember me from a bar of soap, but thanks rick you saved a noob from some serious disaster.

As a side note i made my losses back from the 5 mins crafting 101's on the sale of the BP :)

goodluck all

all right

seeing noob hof/ath = comunication and publicity of MA

in my case this week i get 8k peds on total... i don t have skills to craft 101 but MA give me somthing good... but this days i always lose peds... mining, hunt and craft... i never can t get a nice loot at this days... what can i say? MA give me but now take me all my peds :(

in my case this week i get 8k peds on total... i don t have skills to craft 101 but MA give me somthing good... but this days i always lose peds... mining, hunt and craft... i never can t get a nice loot at this days... what can i say? MA give me but now take me all my peds :(

Yes thank-you for posting :)

Some days I feel like going off and making a 2nd account on EF, hmm may call myself DaNoob or summat :scratch2:

With this second account I might post some utter shit, so far I have refrained, cos I post utter shit anyway ;)

:laugh:

Yes thank-you for posting :)

Some days I feel like going off and making a 2nd account on EF, hmm may call myself DaNoob or summat :scratch2:

With this second account I might post some utter shit, so far I have refrained, cos I post utter shit anyway ;)

:laugh:

you welcome:)

what can i say??? LOOOOOL:yay:

Yep, making amps with no skills is just like hunting Atrox with no skills - you might win a few, but you'll lose a whole lot more.

Rofl And hunting Atrox WITH skills is the same only costs a bit less decay but overall it still can suck 90% of the time.

My point of view:

Crafted a lot of those OA-101.
Started with a 30 QR BP. My fist 1k ped run: 5k+2k+2k. Blunt.
As time passed by (unlocked BPC with OA-101), the more skill the worse return. 1k peds runs. So, what should I say about it? Do not craft it? Craft it even without skills? Or wait to have skills? A friend made a 10 click run with a poorly skilled BP...20k. Now what? Getting confused? No pattern to help? That's the way MA wants it, that's why it is dynamic. You can do 10 click with a 1 QR BP and no skills and get 100k, as much as you can do it with a lot of skills, a 100 QR BP and 1000 clicks. Now what do I do nowadays? I do 10 click from times to times when I have the necessary resources stocked and who knows, luck might come around. One thing is sure, my 100 clicks days are over.

Back