Info: Ore Logger - Release Thread

Eloque

Old
Society
Rising Potentials
Eloque
Ore logger is an application to track mining runs, it will scan the chat.log and track ore claims on that basis. The overall aim is to make a shared database that contains the overal mineral layout of Entropia. All Ore fields displayed on a map.

Also, thank you for your support, my rep and EFD have grown exponentially since I started this. On another note, I am open to feature requests.

Version 0.6 Beta is available now. Download it here.

This is a public beta. I still need more beta testers and a name for the application as well. Please note that I will ask Beta testers to share their information. Please, send me your output file via averon@quibus.info, that is also my msn for any questions.

I think that divulging mining locations is a typical prisioners dilemma, so it stands to reason to share as much information as possible. I've been thinking long and hard about that, but in the end I want my program to be open. So yes, the application will share information.

But, I also do not wish to force my own values upon the community. So, even if I feel strongly that you should share, the sharing will be optional.

Also, I will look into using one of my own servers as a repository for the collected data, free for for all to peruse. I will, at this point, not create a system that requires a user to share his or her data to access.

In short, I believe the information should be free.

Last edited:
Code:
Project 1 - Ore Logger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
An attempt to chart the riches of Planet Calypso

This software is supplied as is, and while I hope it is helpfull, 
in no way can I guarantee that. Use it at your own risk.

All rights reserved
Release notes

Version 0.6 Beta
This is a beta release

Userguide
	Start the application
		Select the location of your log file
		Select the location of your output file (obsolete)

Run in windowed mode, the popup will appear relative to the main app.
	Mine, when a resource is hit upon, walk towards the claim marker.

Popup Mode
		Press "P" at the claim marker and a window will popup
		Choose your ore
		Choose your size

Non-popup mode
		Press "P" at the claim marker
		Enter code into chat in this format: "OF: orename, size"
		for example: "OF: Lysterium, IV" 
		It will try to match it to the closest value in the database
		It will use the most recent position aquired

Ore and size will be registered with location in CSV format (obsolete)
	Ores, date and location will be registered in database

Issues
	Only ore, no enmatters
	Compatibility issue with ET due to file locking
	Full screen mode of ore entry works stringbased only
	Error reporting is to primitive	

Functionality
	Upgraded to database format, data now saved in SQLite formated db
	Now logging all locations recorded
	Now logging date/time 
	Map zoom function improved, now keeps center of screen for zoom
	Map zoom function changed, ore names only visiable at zoom level 5 and above
	Ore Names only shown on individual ore selection
	Map size changed to static 500x500 pixels

Bug fixes
	Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Y coordinates to be swapped with X

Version 0.5 Beta
This is a beta release

Userguide
	Start the application
		Select the location of your output file

Popup Mode
		Choose your ore
		Choose your size

Non-popup mode

Ore and size will be registered with location in CSV format

Issues
	Only ore, no enmatters
	Location of chat file and output log not saved
	Full screen mode of ore entry works stringbased
	Zoom function works only on upper left corner

Functionality
	Moved config file to data directory
	Added data from Calypso Cartographers, credit where it's due
	Added zoom in/zoom out function to map
	Added cities to map
	Added grid to map
	Updates to look & feel of map
	Selectivly display ore types on map

Bug fixes
	Fixed map coordinates, no longer inverted Y coordinates

Version 0.4 Beta
This is a beta release

Userguide
	Start the application

Popup Mode
		Choose your ore
		Choose your size

Non-popup mode

Issues
	Only ore, no enmatters
	Full screen mode of ore entry works stringbased

Functionality
	Full screen mode, ie popup free mode, added
	Now load/save config to and from file, config is saved on start

Bug fixes

Version 0.3 Beta
This is a beta release

Userguide
	Start the application

Choose your ore
		Choose your size

Issues
	Only ore, no enmatters

Functionality
	Changed output to CSV Format; Ore, Size, Lat, Lon, Height
	Added browse buttons for log file and output file locations
	Changed start button to start/stop button
	Added map function, plotting all resources found in 500x500 bitmap

Bug fixes
	Added Zanderium ore to the list of ores
	Changed back to Py2Exe due to bugs

Version 0.2 Beta
This is a beta release

Userguide
	Start the application

Choose your ore
		Choose your size
	Ore and size will be registered with location in plain text format

Issues
	Only ore, no enmatters

Functionality
	Changed packager from py2exe to pyinstaller

No longer need to remove current chat.log file
	Program reads to end of file, then starts tracking

Window now pops up on top, ie, overlaying all other windows

Size input added, size I to XXV can be chosen

Location of Popup window now anchored to right side of app

Bug fixes

Version 0.1 Beta
This is a beta release

User guide
    Run in windowed mode
    The popup window will appear relative to the main window of this app.

Input the location of and then delete your chat.log file, also input the location of the desired output file.

Mine, when a resource is found, press P, it will then popup and ask you what resource, this data will be saved.

Note, that you need to delete your chat file every time you start this app.

Functionality

Track log for resources found
    Save data to file
    Only ores

Last edited:
[reserved for notes]

14-9-2009 - 0.6 Beta Released
10-9-2009 - 0.5 Beta Released

Last edited:
Again, keep up the good work! ;)

Is it possible to get some pictures of the app? I am at work, and really cant download anything :silly2:

Er, there is not much to see.....It's a bunch of buttons and it creates a CSV file, but I hang on for the next release. That will include a major update on the map function.

Sounds great, il try it out and after the next update and let you know how it works :cool:

Okay :) Version 0.5 Beta has been released, this one has a major update in the map function. Besides just logging the data, it can plot the data. Also the cities and places of Calypso are plotted on the map, zoom should work and overal look and feel should.

Please try it out, and send me your feedback. I do really, really need the output files the program produces.

I really appreciate any comments you guys might have.

Is this safe? I told my brother about it and he said it could have a key logger or something in it, so I scanned it and it was clean. Just want to know if anyone scanned it.

You scanned it? Because there might be a key logger? And it was clean? What kinda 'scan' did you use?

This is a compiled python app, it's practically open source, any competent programmer can tell you that. Please don't waste any more time with this.

You scanned it? Because there might be a key logger? And it was clean? What kinda 'scan' did you use?

This is a compiled python app, it's practically open source, any competent programmer can tell you that. Please don't waste any more time with this.

Hahaha, are you kidding? The scan was to check for worms also. It wouldn't necessarily find a key logger, but at this moment I still trust it. Many code languages can log keystrokes and send them anywhere without consent. Any competent programmer can tell you that. I wasn't bad mouthing your little program, in fact I've been testing it thoroughly since I've gotten it.

Minus -Rep 'Reason'
Key logger scan post, don't troll like that

Way to use the term 'troll' out of context.
All I was doing was taking precautions.
I'm testing your shit out and you minus rep and assume I'm trolling.
Thanks, pal.

Last edited:
Ok, version 0.6 beta is ready. This one is a major overhaul of the back bone code. It's all been ported to use a relational database now, SQLite, and it will create that database in the data folder.

The fun thing is, that enables you to browse you collected mining data via a number of tools, I use SQLitebrowse from http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Another thing, the map has seen some pretty intense reworking, and once more I really, really, really need those sample data files. Please, mail them to me, just the *.db files the program creates.

For now, it also will publish those as CSV files, but officially, that function is now no longer supported. It will be removed in a future released and replaced by an export and/or browse function.

Don't be a stranger, let me know what you think.

Btw, I am accepting feature requests, the next feature will most likely be the data sharing stuff.

Hahaha, are you kidding? The scan was to check for worms also. It wouldn't necessarily find a key logger, but at this moment I still trust it. Many code languages can log keystrokes and send them anywhere without consent. Any competent programmer can tell you that. I wasn't bad mouthing your little program, in fact I've been testing it thoroughly since I've gotten it.

Minus -Rep 'Reason'

Way to use the term 'troll' out of context.
All I was doing was taking precautions.
I'm testing your shit out and you minus rep and assume I'm trolling.
Thanks, pal.

You put your foot in your mouth here Eloque, Marine is right in being suspicious of downloading any code and running it on her PC. We have all heard stories of people being scammed before by so called programmers. She was not bad mouthing you just letting you know her point of view. You are lucky she even tried it. Just because you make a thread on EF doesnt give you God-like status.

I might have tried it myself except for your return comments.

Isnt this a thirdpart program, and doesnt Entropia Universe forbid this? Just a question would love a straight answer and maybe some info surrounding it. Thanks

No answer? I think I will pass then

No answer? I think I will pass then

Heaven forbid someone go 3 hours and 24 minutes without reading every post on EF and responding.

he may be at work, sleeping, or playing EU -

Isnt this a thirdpart program, and doesnt Entropia Universe forbid this? Just a question would love a straight answer and maybe some info surrounding it. Thanks

Pretty sure there is nothing wrong with using a problem like this. By your logic, entering your Mining data into MS Excel would be against the rules (and it isn't). All these programs do is make it easier to log the data and to evaluate it.

Pretty sure there is nothing wrong with using a problem like this. By your logic, entering your Mining data into MS Excel would be against the rules (and it isn't). All these programs do is make it easier to log the data and to evaluate it.

Well adding stuff in exel is not a third part program, scanning game in backround kinda is. Which is why I am curious if its ok or not. It looks intressting but I wanna check first.

Well adding stuff in exel is not a third part program, scanning game in backround kinda is. Which is why I am curious if its ok or not. It looks intressting but I wanna check first.

I believe it only reads the chatlog, which is a specific feature of Entropia.

I was hoping already that something like NRF has been done for VU10:( with "1-click OCR recording".. ;)

nice next feature would be automatic claim deed window (position) detection and thus tad more convenient data insertion:p

Maczor: pre VU10 many people used program called NoResourceFound aka NRF. MA did not forbid nor permit it.. they were just quiet even after Squall asked specifically about it..nobody got banned for using it.. It did not affect Entropia Universe client any way.. just OCR-ed its data from claimdeeds and stored into database..

Thanks for the replies

NRF did not interact with EU in any way, so it didnt violate the EULA, It just read data off the screen same way your eyes do.

It is possible to decode the protocol EU uses and to in essence make a clone of the EU client, this would be in violation of the EULA. This way automated bots could be made and many of the features of the game could be extracted into a third-party client. In theory, sending raw packets and requesting, examining and making auction purchases could be made automatic, also creature loots, mining loots and the exact details like TT value could be extracted. That is in clear violation of the EULA, a program that takes screen-shots and does OCR or a program that reads the already plain-text chat log, doesn't even come close to what reverse engineering can do.

So in my opinion there is nothing wrong with a program that takes a screen-shot or reads the chat log file. Just some thoughts...

When is the next update and features? I have tried it and cannot tweak it enough to do decent OCR. Also, the ones which are scanned do not map properly (probably due to bad OCR).

Great work by the way. Keep it up!

I tested out you program last night and I really like it. The only issues I had was if I selected the wrong ore and tried to back out it stopped working and I would have to shut down the program and restart at which point it would work again.
Future requests: Add a clear selection option when accidently selecting wrong ore, Add a input for claim depth and or course enmatter additions.

Great Job!!!!

Cheers! :yay:

When is the next update and features? I have tried it and cannot tweak it enough to do decent OCR. Also, the ones which are scanned do not map properly (probably due to bad OCR).

Great work by the way. Keep it up!

Okey.. i dont use this. But as i can understand.. there are no OCR?

Any more updates in sight?

Cheers!

Bump this thread

Anything new on the horizon?

Enmatter Implementation

Hey dude,

i have been looking into using your program, but as i only mine Em atm i was wondering if and when you are planning on adding an enmatter functionallity?

Anyway keep up the good work and hope to get a responce from ya soon :)

After a stint of working as a contractor in Saudie Arabia, I am back in the civilised, internet enabled world again.

I am coming back to Entropia after almost a year. I have no idea if this program is still needed, if there is an alternative or if mining is even being done. If it is, I will be updating.

Back