P5a on CP?

kebplay

Stalker
Keira Gypsy Croft
I am looking at doing a trip to CP once I've completed 10K Atrox so I can do the 1K Aurli and Kreltin missions.
I would like to take all the guns I need up with me, I hunt the small Atrox with a P5a/A106 and I'm wondering if this will work on CP or should I take up X1s/Dante?
I know I used to kill them with a P5a/A104 but was difficult, I now have higher skills so might be OK.
Does anyone hunt them with P5as?

Lvl 63 Laser Handgun
Lvl 34 Evade

Gypsy

dome 1 with a team member would work probably. don't know what armor/fap etc setup would be best but solo p5a is a bit too low for those mobs.

I think you'll probably find it OK with that Evade level, though it will be slow. I found that once I got into the 30s in Evader CP started to get a lot easier (in the low maturity domes at least).

I've done it with both p5a and hl6 + 104 gypsy. Not particualy quick and exciting, but possible. Can be a bit demorilizing watching the regen jump the health up.

go for X1 or find yourself a teamm8 but p5 solo is a waste of money imo

Expect around 20-25% armor decay on aurli using p5a. You can probably knock this down to 10-15% using 80dps.

Expect around 20-25% armor decay on aurli using p5a. You can probably knock this down to 10-15% using 80dps.

i've never understood this point of view. high dps just means you kill a mob quiker and onto the next, you'll end up with about the same amount of armour contact time just more individual mobs. unless you make use of range or are hunting low HP mobs. with a pistol on CP, where you'll often have more than one mob chewing, i dont see there will be any significant difference. the real difference is in setting up position and tagging to take only 1 at a time. i get higher decay in a busy D1+D2 using gremlin than in a quiet D3+D4 using angel.

For P5a I'd definitely recommend teaming with someone because it's inevitable that someone is going to drop 5 mobs on you at once. If you must go solo though, I'd recommend the apis + dante combo, which is more than enough dps for taking down low-mid level aurli and kreltin.

i've never understood this point of view. high dps just means you kill a mob quiker and onto the next, you'll end up with about the same amount of armour contact time just more individual mobs. unless you make use of range or are hunting low HP mobs. with a pistol on CP, where you'll often have more than one mob chewing, i dont see there will be any significant difference. the real difference is in setting up position and tagging to take only 1 at a time. i get higher decay in a busy D1+D2 using gremlin than in a quiet D3+D4 using angel.

What is meant that the armor decay as a percentage of total decay will be lower. Using higher DPS will give you more decay on the weapon side. The reason why some people find this important is that it seems that only weapon decay is returned in the loot and that armor/FAP decay seems not to be returned in the loot. Although i personally think that that is probably returned in the bigger globals/HoFs. I have noticed that some people who give shit about armor decay often get a good sized HoF.

Cheers
Siam

Back