Pinky's Extra Special Custom PC Build (Thats not Pink)

Oooh, I couldnt do that hon, thanks so much for the offer though! It just wouldnt feel right!

Hehe, no problem! Just thought someone may get use out of it rather than it being left in a box, serving no purpose.

If you change your mind, feel free to harass me. ;)

Hehe, no problem! Just thought someone may get use out of it rather than it being left in a box, serving no purpose.

If you change your mind, feel free to harass me. ;)

:laugh: the advantages of being a gamer chick are endless.

And another one to check.

Looked at dual core instead of Quad. found this which is higher Ghz but £14 cheaper and dual.

Being me,I would go for the newest technology even at a higher price,Quad should out last other cores on the long run,I would even consider Intel I7 with all the DDR3 requirements and higher prices.

it can take more ram (16gb as opposed to 8gb) which means better right? its £30 cheaper too.

The amount of memory it can handle I would not worry about. If you are going to use a 32bit operating system, that would only be able to handle 3 Gb anyway, might be a way to save some money to, take 3Gb instead of 4Gb if you are planning to use a 32bit operating system. If you plan to use a 64bit system 4Gb is a bit better probably.

I know you are going to ask about the difference between 32 and 64 bit and I'm not really sure myself, has somthing to do with the amount of data processed in 1 clock cycle. I theory this means a 64bit system is much faster, but this requires 64bit software running on a 64bit system, not sure if Entropia is 64bit software. 64bit also means you can use more memory than the 3Gb maximum a 32bit system can use.

You can even go cheaper with the motherboard
http://www.amazon.co.uk/P5Q-S775-DD...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251919106&sr=1-1

Last edited:
I can vouch for the saphire 4870 works well on high settings without breaking the bank.
Oh and while not being optimised for extra ram and a 64bit OS MA are at least heading in the right direction.
Entropia Universe Mini-Update 10.0.5
A new version of the Entropia Universe client software has been released. If you use a 64-bit operating system your client will now be able to allocate more memory than before and hopefully this will reduce the occurrence of memory related crashes.

motherboard is more like it and yeah, offers potential for upgrades. sound is biult in to all motherboards these days

Cheers! Added to the first post shopping list :D

Anyone else got more comments on the merits of Dual Vs Quad core?

Ok, so final specs are posteed along with prices in post 1. Fianl price is £560.49.

I figured would be a good idea to look at this final price and compare it against a pre-built pc.... I have to ask guys, I found this:

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...CTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=593307

and have to ask - if I remove the optional extras, then hit customize and upgrade to the same 1gb graphics card I chose in post 1.... isn't this a better PC than the one I am trying to build?

It has Phenom II quad core (thats better than mine isnt it?)
8 gig ram (thats twice mine)
Still a 1 TB drive
Grphics still the same 1 gig card

Taking into account its £85 more than mine, but comes with Vista and no hassle and some higher specs... isnt it the better value of the two?

That Mesh computer looks like a good deal to me.

Very difficult these days to get a good computer for a good price, been going over websites for ages now trying to find a nice laptop

So did you get the mesh Pink ;)

Hows it going for you?

C

So did you get the mesh Pink ;)

Hows it going for you?

C

Nah, I gave up trying to come back. Still popping on here occasionally, but I cant justify spending £600+ buying a pc for a game that by all accounts is currently costing most people an arm and a leg to play. Maybe once marco rebalances the loot... :)

Been looking at PCI-e gfx cards recently and found that, on OcUK at least, you can get the 57xx cards for around the same price as 4870s and a bit cheaper than 4890s.
Comparing specs they seem like a lot better card for the money - unless someone knows something I don't?

I do have an advantage in that OcUK is only ~20 minutes away on a mountain bike (and almost the same in a car)

Nah, I gave up trying to come back. Still popping on here occasionally, but I cant justify spending £600+ buying a pc for a game that by all accounts is currently costing most people an arm and a leg to play. Maybe once marco rebalances the loot... :)

Ahhh :) Fair enough :D

I dont play alot myself anymore but was thinking of building a PC in the new year anyway. Something to do hahaha.

C

Back