pirate Goblin Goldy

andsim

Provider
Society
Arkadian Arrknight
Happyone andsim Hammerer
hello guys,
15min or sso i was kill by pirate Goblin Goldy in ark space station
but he is know u know who.. butr here the video is he cheating or not look how many shots
[video]http://www.twitch.tv/andsim/c/1766929[/video]

Well I'd expect a long time and well known pirate to know how to aim.

This is what happens when you let your mum play with your pirate ava when you are at school, such miserable shooting im rofl .

i dont get it.....

Wheres the potental cheat? looks to me like u just have more latency.

Menace

Normal kill, nothing to see here.

Beside the huge lack of aim lol, didnt see any cheat..

Nothing there, but these people have used some kind of speed "trick" with me, catching up to my quad with theirs when I am going in a straight line directly away from them. Not that it matters because I never carry anything.

Count the shots, and look at the time references in the video..

Alright Now for those who didn't see it then you're either ignorant or stupid... And I'm going to comment on this and this is the video that will put a nail in someone's coffin...
First :

Well I'd expect a long time and well known pirate to know how to aim.

Do they? Stop and think about this.. and In fact look at the time frame reference from the moment the first shot is fired till the kill. Count the shots.. and in fact this is where you start to see the cheat..

OI've been studying the attacks by gathering data from not only my own logs when I get shot down but also frm the other players who have had similar experiences with the piirates.. and in fact this is where the story begins.

Let's take a look at one thing in game.. Namely player versus mob.. And in fact MA wants us to have decay.. So when you "Miss' on a mob Even at Point blank range, it's a very small margin (However some of you will be saying "Yeah yeah right..") But then put this in the perspective of space.. and the video doesn't lie... and this is where analyzation of videos like this show that this is where a pirate with even good aim if not great aim will still tend to miss..

But then look and again count the shots.. I counted 13 shots.. and 13 hits.. and in fact this is where you can discern the cheat from the non cheating pirate..

Some pirates take up to 30 shots to kill their prey.. Some even more.. and in fact it's because they can't aim... But even MA allows for this miss factor to occur in space..(As if this were the case of space mobs, you're going to bound to miss.. (The same goes with pirates..)

i dont get it.....

Wheres the potental cheat? looks to me like u just have more latency.

Menace

And that's Part two of this issue..Cause again look at the issue just said, Latency.. as in Lag... But then I again pick up a notable issue... and this is in certain time frames in the video..

Now when a quad is in flight ad both are Limited, they are supposed to ahve the same lead... Therefore you looke at the first part of the video the agressor (Pirate) flyes well out of visual range of the target, and there for would be out of range of the raget well long before the player would begin to move.. If this was a lag issue then both pilots would lag, not just one.. And this is where you see it at in the video The Pirate is out of visual for well over 2 minutes.. and then suddenly appears in under 15 seconds in the video after the defender (the Pilot) begins his movement out..

Remember both ships move at the same speed.. Now if this were the case and we even remove latency issues, there still should be a long way for that pirate to cross, and that would mean that he had to get there somehow.. So then, How does a pirate move out of visual and then be on his prey in under 20 seconds.. evne with a UL quad there is an issue that states that latency would work on both ends, not just one..

So ergo, you can argue it's latency.. if this were the case then the pilot should have been able to keep long ahead of the pirate...Yet the pirate catches him.. how and why are the question.. The answer lies in the part of the video where the pilot begins moving at around 3:22.. The shooting starts within 10 seconds..
Even if the pirate could see out beyond visual then he's have to know where he is and be at an Interceptpoint almost 40 seocnds.. this was 10.. so there's your speed cheat. The question now that remains is how and I even have that answer.. and this would actually violate the TOU because it deals with Third Party software..and potential 3rd party software that uses auto aiming and auto clicking.autoclicking..

Beside the huge lack of aim lol, didnt see any cheat..

Again count the shots and go back to my first comment about PVE.. The issue is MA puts in misses and if you count the shots there are 13 direct hits.. and zero misses... The surprise here is that MA allows for Misses and in fact there should have been at least 1 if not 2 misses.. yet I counted the shots in the video.. 13 shots zero misses.. What's the odds of that happening? Slim to none.. Even when you hunt space mobs you will miss, and no pilot can contest this as they can actually miss when attacking a target..

So the proof is right there.. 13 shots 0 misses, and 1 for the kill.. 14 in a row... the oddes of 14 perfectly excuted shots is in fact the proof that if a pilot wasn't ceating he' or she would miss just 1 time.. and I might be a fluke.. but to not miss at all? You give me a plausible reaosn, and we'll see who is actually telling the truth here..

Oh and MA would have a log the person shooting.. It's right there and if they saw this discrepency they might start asking questions.. and then the real questions will fall on the shooter and not the defender... After all the victim is trying to avoid shots, and from keepoing from getting hit.. The attacker wants the kill and the kill.. what the peurpose is can range from anything from Loot to being on a HOF board..

It's probably the proof MA needsw... and I'm willing to supply more evidential information to MA to see that cheating is NOT allowed in this game..end of story..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
A.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" who misees ocassionally..

thank ben to clear up messed it was, i wasnt lagiing at all, so. i did count the while was watching it 14, 13 shot kill my ship +1 shot kill. i try do my best get away since he/she didnt missed me at all

Aimbot could make sure every shot lands inside the target box but it can't possibly change the built-in hit/miss rate.

Edit: Well well, watched the video and what i saw doesn't add up with the posts at all.

Posts are complaining about zero hitrate but the video clearly shows shots 2. and 3. are missing the target. How's that zero hit rate?
When Goldy gets closer he doesn't miss any more, but considering the movement of the target it would be extremely hard to miss anyway.. :p

Not that i'm any better in dodging the shots in the same situation, but i know i suck at maneuvering and don't complain about it :)

Last edited:
The gaining in on somebody could be done using the strafing method, or unl quad which is faster, or the fact that the victim wasn't travelling in a straight line to begin with.
The kill in 14 shots.. seems normal to me, or all the pirates always cheat on me.. I always get killed in less than 14 shots.
If this is not normal then Goldy isn't the only pirate cheating.

it is possible to kill a mob with no misses, and its also possible to kill pvp with no misses. Your theory sucks Ben but thats not to say they are not cheating in some way .

Regular kill I'd say, you are not moving at all for most of the attack (reactors at minimum), before you stopped I see some misses too

There is no standard built in miss rate for PvP, its a function of his (hit) level and your (dodge, or in this case captain) level. And I'm guessing you don't have a high captain level so he won't get any misses.

Learn what you're talking about.

What lol? nothing wrong with that kill.

He caught up with you, which I saw someone picked up on, this is because he was above you flying down, you where below him flying up.

yeah

Delete this thread :S

well i see some point i relook the video, heard few missed but thgat was miscounted... second of all in end of video. i didnt reallize i quit moving

You have to realize that the pirates spend a lot of time flying and shooting people down, you get more skillful at hitting the target.

I watched the video and the shooting part is nothing out of the ordinary, you can even see a few misses at start. When you're shooting someone from behind and pretty far, those small movements he did barely move the hitbox for the shooter.

Only thing wondering is the speed he catches up, the video doesn't show goldy coming from behind so hard to tell if there's anything fishy.

There is no standard built in miss rate for PvP, its a function of his (hit) level and your (dodge, or in this case captain) level. And I'm guessing you don't have a high captain level so he won't get any misses.

Learn what you're talking about.

This.

Pirates usually hunt alot in space - their mounted laser hit is probably in the 40 to 60+ range, while your captain profession most likely is way lower then that - > dont expect them to miss often.
To get them to miss often its best to get them close and start moving your hitbox quickly in an unpredictable way.
Use strafe to move against their flightvector where you can.
Keep them moving through attacking yourself (that will also reduce their hitrate), instead of allowing them to chase you (giving them an economical kill).

This.

Pirates usually hunt alot in space - their mounted laser hit is probably in the 40 to 60+ range, while your captain profession most likely is way lower then that - > dont expect them to miss often.
To get them to miss often its best to get them close and start moving your hitbox quickly in an unpredictable way.
Use strafe to move against their flightvector where you can.
Keep them moving through attacking yourself (that will also reduce their hitrate), instead of allowing them to chase you (giving them an economical kill).

Gee, I hadn't even noticed there was a Mounted Laser (Hit) skill! Cool:dunce:

Back