Planet Calypso Content Release 2013.2

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2013-06-18

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

New Content

• Introducing Cyclops Depths, a massive new instance located beneath the southern jungles of Eudoria. The instance offers a range of exciting challenges and encounters together with plenty of nice rewards.

One of the new items being introduced with the instance is a new class of consumable items. Upon consumption, these items will give your avatar a temporary buff effect, for example increased critical hit chance.

• New epic mission chain “Vault Hunter” related to and setting the scene for the new Cyclops Depths instance. The mission starts at “Shapiro” in Fort Troy.
  • Added a series of item-upgrade paths for a select few weapon amplifiers.
  • New mining finders with more varied parameters.
  • Introducing four new Iron Challenges: Kingfisher and Osseocollum. along with two missions for as yet undiscovered creatures!
    • Iron Challenge: Kingfisher
      NPC: Alcedo CFA Representative
      Position: Calypso (40439, 58735, 131)
    • Iron Challenge: Osseocollum
      NPC: Walter Henrysson
      Position: Calypso (74381, 67320, 138)

Changes

• Updated the graphics for the Maffoid creature class.
  • Updated the graphics for the Thorifoid Berserker creature class.
  • Updated the graphics for the Thorifoid Shaman creature class.
  • Changed the attack types of the Thorifoid Shaman creature class, it now has a ballistic ranged attack and an AOE melee attack.
  • Reduced the damage output and stamina of the Thorifoid Berserker and Thorifoid Shaman creature classes.
  • Crystal Palace domes have been remodelled and rescaled.
  • A mudslide on Akmuul Island has resulted in substantial landscape changes in certain areas.
  • Treasure Island terrain has been updated.
  • Fixed an issue with creatures not spawning properly on land areas.
  • Harbinger have been spotted south east of MegaVolt Camp.
  • Adjusted the heights and sizes of several of the platforms at the oil rig.
  • The entrance to the Aurli cave on Crystal Palace has been moved to the central shopping area, below the teleporter.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed broken progression achievements in Thule.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused lighting to flicker in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue preventing Calypsocods from attacking avatars.
  • Fixed an issue which caused mining probes to be placed on top of the domes when mining on FOMA.
  • Fixed issues with the oil rig causing avatars to fall through some platforms.
  • Fixed an issue preventing NPC Private Cooper from handing out items.
  • Fixed Tegretov TR5 item info text.
  • Fixed the auction categories of Merry Mayhem Shin Guards (M) and (F).
  • Fixed the reward description in the mission: Iron Challenge: 10000 Kreltin.
  • Fixed a bug causing ships to take damage when flying into FOMA or Crystal Palace.
  • Fixed several estate related issues.
  • Armor platings can now be attached to RX Optac X1 armor parts.
  • It is now possible to attach amps to the WoF edition Marbo Bravo plasma rifle.’
  • Fixed incorrect ammunition consumption on some weapons.

Known Issues

• Doors sometimes open and close even when they are locked.
  • Issue with the lodge outposts that causes the interior walls to become invisible.
  • Avatars sometimes spawn underground when exiting the Aurli cave on Crystal Palace.
  • Avatars can become stuck when walking into the walls of the domes on Crystal Palace.
  • Avatars can become stuck in the door to the Cyclops Depths when re-logging inside the instance
  • New arrivals may be placed underneath the teleporter in Port Atlantis when skipping the tutorial in Thule.

We strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free patch. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.

Originally Posted Here

I didn't see, but hope to see "Fixed UL Bucketful bugs" when I log on...

What is this?:

Added a series of item-upgrade paths for a select few weapon amplifiers.

Haha Osseo Iron Challenge... for those who didn't get enough with the Dasp challenge.

Upgradeable amps sounds potentially interesting, and also the temporary potions er "energy drinks".

Hopefully they fixed it so that every time i log in, it will stop muting my mic in Vent

also the temporary potions er "energy drinks".

"Mental Focus Pill"
+50% Critical Hit chance for 5 hours.
0.5% Risk of permanent brain damage (1 Intelligence Point permanently removed).

:silly2:

(Joke, but I bet some people would use them if they existed :laugh:)

2x client crashes and now "The patch did not apply correctly." :eyecrazy:

Would be nice if those new consumables used sweat to be crafted.

2013-06-18

One of the new items being introduced with the instance is a new class of consumable items. Upon consumption, these items will give your avatar a temporary buff effect, for example increased critical hit chance.

This is something I have asked about, a very good upgrade from MA. This is the kind of things we need to make the game play a bit more fun, a step in the right direction.

Nice, wasn't expecting anything much to happen in summertime. :)

Osseo Iron challenge, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Can we soon have malcrunter to, and that will make south of oshiri hunting complete :)

Sounds cool, new underground area - some other new content, harb spawn, all good.

Vault Hunter??? Umm did you get copyright permission from Borderlands 2 ??:scratch2::laugh:

[*] Added a series of item-upgrade paths for a select few weapon amplifiers.

Ok, so we can refine the a10x and a20x(?) series laser amplifiers now.
Anybody got an idea how to reassemble them into something better?

Ok, so we can refine the a10x and a20x(?) series laser amplifiers now.
Anybody got an idea how to reassemble them into something better?

Um... what? Do you know this for sure?? There are only a limited number of those amplifiers in game as they are and were old time looted items.. I would imagine that the ones we could "refine" would be the e-amp series as those are craft-able.

~Danimal

Um... what? Do you know this for sure?? There are only a limited number of those amplifiers in game as they are and were old time looted items.. I would imagine that the ones we could "refine" would be the e-amp series as those are craft-able.

~Danimal

Well i saw a famous resellers discovery, and i can put an a10x laser amp in the refiner. But i didn't dare to try and refine it.

Maybe the e-amp are refinable as well, but i don't have any to try.

Well i saw a famous resellers discovery, and i can put an a10x laser amp in the refiner. But i didn't dare to try and refine it.

Maybe the e-amp are refinable as well, but i don't have any to try.

Omegaton A100 Series Parts Istvan Csavar Kerekes-Orsos Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:13:47 <<THIS?

...:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

~Danimal

yes, that's the one i was talking about :)

Omegaton A100 Series Parts Istvan Csavar Kerekes-Orsos Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:13:47 <<THIS?

...:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

~Danimal

I sense your stress levels rising at the thought of people trying to deconstruct their A204 amps :laugh:

I sense your stress levels rising at the thought of people trying to deconstruct their A204 amps :laugh:

Yes... indeed..

~Danimal

Holy smokes. Are people really able to deconstruct their Energy Amps now? :eyecrazy:

Holy smokes. Are people really able to deconstruct their Energy Amps now? :eyecrazy:

Dummies... -_- there are so "few" of them in game.. and they are not replaceable .. ever.. afaik they no longer are available to be looted or crafted from old time.

~Danimal

So MA decided to tempt people to get rid of some of their UL items that don't drop anymore? :laugh:

I'm thinking about all those A10x amps I TT'd back when they were TT food, I want a do-over :laugh:

So MA decided to tempt people to get rid of some of their UL items that don't drop anymore? :laugh:

Yea.. probably in an effort to make all amps uneco and make all weapons 2.8-2.9 dpp max. next they will probably give all mod merc and imk2 owners 10k peds and take their weapons too.

~Danimal

well if i can refine my a103 and with it turn my a106 into an a107 i am all for it, nothing new seems to have been constructed yet though, maybe it is possible with some of those new missions?

Hopefully, they can be upgraded using other in-world items and not two of the same amps plus in-world items. (different than the imp-adj-mod-armor method).

Hopefully, they can be upgraded using other in-world items and not two of the same amps plus in-world items. (different than the imp-adj-mod-armor method).

Yea if you could simply upgrade one amp to the next level then that would be "okay" I suppose.. but with the 2 - to - 1 destruction method it costs much time/effort.. I spent 70k peds on making a fully modified 5b plate set and that is not including the time to make it.

~Danimal

Back