matthew

Elite
Society
freelancer
Sir Matt Copping
Planet Calypso’s Miners Challenge
Week beginning

(To be announced ;))

It brings me great pleasure to announce plans for a summer running mining event. This year will stand as a test to see interest, to iron out problems, and to gain future sponsors; Because of this as it stands sadly there will be no major prizes, the event is solely a fun affair, with the prize of being the crowned the 2009 Miners Challenge title.

A title only the best miner can hold.
Thanks for the support.

Do you dare take the Miners Challenge?

The miners challenge, a print screen bases event, to crown Calypso’s number one miner. Each weekend a round will take place, you may invest as much or as little as you see fit in your path to greatness. Skill will not be everything, I can ensure. Pretty much anyone can qualify. For fun, for the laugh, for the challenge. Who will win? Let’s find out.

Before each round the hit list of resources will be announced along with full details of each round.

The path to greatness

Only one can be crowned the Miners Challenge winning, best miner in all the land of Calypso, but the path is a hard one; many will fall along the way. Do you have what it takes?

Round 1 - Qualification, Qualification will be your first proving ground; designed for all Ore, Enmatter, Both, and those who count them selves as lucky. A hitting contest, 40 resources will be announced; the people to claim 5 size 10 +’s will go through. Once 5 hits have been made against a resource no more hits on it will be accepted. Only 40 can proceed.

Round 2 - from 40 to 25, can you make the cut? 2 hours of mining and 17 resources to find. You will get 1 point for every level of deposit size you find over all 17 required finds; top 25 miners with the highest points go through. This round will test both bravery against the clock and knowledge.

Round 3 - finding the top 15… The Search and retrieve test. To be a master miner you have to be able to find and retrieve both ore’s and enmatters required to craft an item as fast as you can. I will announce the resources needed, your time will start when you print screen the first claim of the resources needed and stop on the last. There will be 5 sets of claims to gather, the clock will stop between the ending and starting of each one. Top 15 collective times will go into round 4.

Round 4 - Only the best have made it, only the greatest will go on. In this day and age resources can be tough to find, and competition to find them is even tougher.
In groups of 5, you will be given a resource to find, last one in your group to global on it, will sadly be going home. Do what ever it takes to ensure its not you, if you wish to get to the Simi-final. 2 more resources will be announced and 2 more last finders with in each group will go.

Round 5 - 6 miners left, 5 to go, and you are the champion of the world - Ask yourself this, how badly will you chase the dream, - the title -? The weekend will be the hardest yet and you will question why. Each member of the elite 6 will be pitted against each another in a head to head situation and 50 resources chosen. Once a global is hit, that resource will be wiped from the hit list. In your head to head, have a higher number of globals to go through. Once all 75 resources have been globaled on, or mindnight on sunday comes, our finalists will be announced.

Round 6 - The Final.

You made it this far! Now for the title.

The final will be split up in to 30 minute rounds, the first competitor to win 3 rounds, takes the title of this years Planet Calypso’s - Miners Challenge winner, best miner in all the land. To do so is simple; each round will have a resources type ore, enmatter or both, you must choose only one resource from the category and use your knowledge and experience built during the event to make as many claims as possible against only that resource… after 30 minutes, you will be asked to submit results, we will then add up your total deposit size; competitor with the highest score wins the round.

After all rounds have finished, we shell crown our victor.

More to come with interest.

Last edited:
Reserved for more details on print screening, list of winners, etc etc.

Matt this sounds like a huge effort mate..... for you & more importantly the entrants:eek:

GL luck with it when it does kick off :wtg:

Sadly im no miner of any note so GL to all who enter & try to be crowned the champ:D:yay::wtg:
It will be cool to see who takes on the challenge :scratch2:

Cya in game
KANE :wtg:

I like the idea behind this one, though I'm sure it would gather more interest with a prize, many people don't care if they get a title. Here, I donate 500 EFD, now the contest has a prize!

:D

EDIT: Unless you don't want it to have a prize... just sayin' :silly2:

Thanks Kane for the kind words. Maybe the event is a little to tricky, long winded etc... maybe it needs a little tone down, especially with the prizes/lack of prizes :scratch2: but im working on this.

i guess this is why soft launches of events like this are better, to iron out problems get opinions etc etc. as i said this is a test event, a bold new concept perhaps a little to far a head of time. but it gets people thinking of the possiblitys, to plan, to try. one day for sure.

I like the idea behind this one, though I'm sure it would gather more interest with a prize, many people don't care if they get a title. Here, I donate 500 EFD, now the contest has a prize!

:D

EDIT: Unless you don't want it to have a prize... just saying' :silly2:

yeah, i expect your right Mandrake, personally i would love to see a 10,000 ped prize, trouble is as it stands its just a print screen style event with no real way to earn money for a huge prize... CND would be an awesome backdrop but sadly not possible this year, maybe treasure island or it could be held over sevral land areas, I'm not sure.

thank you very much for the offer of donation Mandrake, its great i have your support on this one. Atm until we no more about the future of this event, most likely best you keep the EFD just in case no one enters lol, but thank you none the less, very kind offer.

Last edited:
Back