Player Shop Search Function: Good Idea?

Would a Player Shop Search Terminal System Work in EU (read thread for description)

• Yes It would work great!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • No, it would muck up the economy.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I'm not sure but I like Dancing Monkeys! :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters

Dextar

Prowler
Society
Carpe Diem
In a SciFi MMORPG I recently played they had a Player Owned Shop system allowing player to put items into Shops (The Shops were something akin to Vending Machines and grouped inside a single building owned by Player Societies)

The best part of the system was they were all tied to search terminals which were located in all the major cities. The search function would allow you to search for Item type and price and it gave the location by putting an icon on your map once you selected the item you wanted.

Do you think such a system (The search function part) would be a good addition to the EU Player Shop System?

Give us your thoughts on why or why not or any additions you could think of.

Thanks in advance.

Dex :cool:

Last edited:
I think this would be a great addition to the game. There needs to be more player interfaces in the game, As I see it now, auction works for this game but could be much better.

I voted to make the monkeys dance. Thanks for the Idea

I could be good, but at the same time takes away some parts of the game.

As a shop owner it's not only about the putting the stuff in the shop, it's also pricing and one more thing... Marketing. The first two thing is easy, the third is much harder. I'm not a shop owner but I run a few Internet business "things" and one of the cause of them is that I find marketing fun and challenging. If I had a shop I would probably feel the same.

If you added an "item in shop finder terminal" you would also need to add a few others:

"find me a barber terminal"
"I need a colorer now terminal"
"Pilots for rent terminal"
"Scam me now terminal"
"Heal me for PED terminal"
"PVP bodyguards for rent terminal"
"I have PEDs and need ores, mine for me terminal"

I think we can fill that list with lots of stuff. The thing all services in EU has in common is marketing.... A fun challenge for many.

this will helps to make less spawn in chat window:yay:

and maybe it is much helpfull for shop owners.
but some shops, like this in the cave at oxford needs only a tp or some thing more, so ppl dont have to run 2,5 minuts to the shops.;)

i like this idea and voted yes.

Having spent many hours running from mall to mall, building to building looking for a specific item that was not in auction I would love to have at least a way of finding an item through a terminal search. If I do a search for "Stum Shirt" a list of all locations with this item in stock would be great. I don't care if the price is there or not. If I still need to check 10 - 20 locations thats fine. It really sucks having to run in and out of every shop in every mall or shopping area.

Idea already posted

I posted the same type of Idea earlier. +rep MORE ppl that ask for it the more of a chance it gets made. Unfortunately I won't be buying anything from any shops till something like this is put in. I've had enough of wasting my time running from shop to shop to not find what I'm looking for, or to only find empty shops, shops with no maintenace etc.

Ishkode

Back