Help: Please help!

Creature

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Jack "The Creature" Russel
THIS SHOULD HELP IF YOUR CLIENT LOADER SHUTS DOWN.

Read opening post for full history.

PROGRESS REPORT: 00:17MA TIME
SOLUTION FOUND THANKS TO CvX

Heres a snippet from CvX which seems to work for most ;)

deleting files (there should be 2 or 4 of them: Entropia.log, Entropia.dmp and ClientLoader.log, ClientLoader.dmp) from following directory solves the problem for me:
"C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\Entropia.error\"(on Vista/7, on XP it will be under "Documents and Settings")

Windows search didn't find these files, I had to look for them by my own. :confused:

ALSO AppData is a hidden directory. You have to press "Alt", then select "Tools->Folder Options->View->Hidden files and folders->Show.." or just type in this path to go straight to this directory.

In addition Helios has found the files in XP.

Helios said:
On XP files are located here: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Temp\Entropia.error

PROGRESS REPORT: 20:06MA TIME

Reinstall didn't work. Same thing happens.PROGRESS REPORT: 17:23MA TIME

SUPPORT STATE COMPLETE REINSTALL IS REQUIRED.

My original post is below however i thought for those of you experiencing similar problems id let you know about my responses from support.

1. In order to investigate the problem MA requested and received SFV files from other participants, however these were found to be OK.DONE
  2. They are now looking into files called Clientloader.dmp or Clientloader.log, however i have neither of them so i can not submit them.
  3. Now received a message from support stating a complete reinstall will probably be faster to get this sorted. :(

Original post:
Right then,

After the recent VU (20 mins ago) i had logged in and was hunting some exas over at Segna Forest. However after a few minutes i was kicked from EU and my client loader closed.

Now i i can get to the screen to accept the EULA but the client loader continues to shut down when i try to go any further.

• FYI i have tried restarting and restarting and restarting the computer,

• Tried in many different compatability versions,

• Ran as administrator,

• Tried the different shortcuts i have on my desktop as well as quick launch bar and the dell docking system that i have with the laptop too.

So anyone have any other ideas for me to try out?

Please help :)

I am noob hahaha

C

Last edited:
i have also tried changing my firewall settings around, as well as everything you did, nadda, zip, nil, CL closes before i can click options :(

i have also tried changing my firewall settings around, as well as everything you did, nadda, zip, nil, CL closes before i can click options :(

Hmmmm has this happened to you since you updated today also?

Strange, very strange. So not just me then. The CL just flashes up with no content in the main window and then down again. Just long enough to tease me hahaha :p

C

sending support ticket.

Suggest you guys and gals do the same

Cheers

C

I also did my civil duty. ;)

Hope they fix it soon.

Yeah, I got a bunch of screen lock-ups (nothing much happening in task manager as far as CPU/RAM peaks were concerned), then crashed and now can't get the client loader up.

Support case submitted...

who'd have thought 75mb would cause so much trouble lol.

Just read of a problem with the auction too.

Grrrrrreat in the words of Tony the Tiger haha

C

I've had this happen before, the trick is just to start spamming your enter button as soon as you accept the EULA. By default the launch button should already be highlighted so you just need to get it to launch the .exe file before the CL closes.

I've had this happen before, the trick is just to start spamming your enter button as soon as you accept the EULA. By default the launch button should already be highlighted so you just need to get it to launch the .exe file before the CL closes.

no joy sorry dan.

Thanks for the thought though lol :)

C

Brief update.

Support have asked me to provide an SFV file from bin32 and data folders in the Entropia Universe folder on my comp.

HOWEVER, as ever things dont always work as they should for me so i suggest anyone else checking your support cases about this to see if they have asked you to do the same.

Hopefully between us we will get it sorted.

Regards,

C

I deleted that folder and those files arent generated before it crashes so impossible to send such a file.

& The 'enter' trick doesn't work. :(

just closes on me to :(

same shit for me agreement page works but launch disappears after a couple seconds :scratch2::scratch2::scratch2: grrrrrr

I have reinstalled all Entropia Universe - And still i got the same problem?????

wow I really hate to be spamming the forum like this :( But did you check out if this helps?? It's being updated regulary ... GL :)

Sorry to say it guys and girls but below is the response i have received from support. Impressed with their responses tbf so hats off.

Basically complete reinstall is going to be required.

Support said:
Hi,

Unfortunately we will have to give you the dreaded "You have to do a reinstallation" answer here. Sorry, but we think it is the fastest way for you to get up and running again here.

You need to do a complete uninstallation of Entropia, that means you have to manually delete this folder: C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe after the normal uninstallation (if it is still there).

Delete the files in these folders aswell (location depends on which OS you are running):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp

Reboot your computer and install Entropia again. Make sure no other applications are running when you are installing and also disable your Antivirus software temporarily during the installation process.

You can download the full installer here: http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.co....3.1/entropia_universe_10.3.0.36270_setup.exe

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

With regard to one of the folders needing to be deleted, i found one in C:/Users/Public/Public Documents. In case any of you have Vista ultimate.

See you in a few hours :(

ouch :( sorry

Right now i am actually at the install phase after downloading the CL from the planet calypso website.

I was getting 1.8mb/s download speeds at one point.

AHHHHHHHHH This is driving me insane.

OK so i have reinstalled the game, reinstalled the patches. Rebooted the computer and THE SAME THING HAPPENS.

Think i need to update my support ticket but there is no chance in hell im getting in tonight. Good luck everyone lol.

C

OK so i have reinstalled the game, reinstalled the patches. Rebooted the computer and THE SAME THING HAPPENS.

I'm hot on your heels, but don't hold out much hope after your post :(

Anyone else using the ATI Catalyst 9.11 drivers? I upgraded to those as 10.6 was downloading today... I might try rolling back and reinstalling.

Clutching at straws, tho, tbh...

reinstalled the game and got an "obsolete" error page
3rd time's a charm?

:mad:

I'm hot on your heels, but don't hold out much hope after your post :(

Anyone else using the ATI Catalyst 9.11 drivers? I upgraded to those as 10.6 was downloading today... I might try rolling back and reinstalling.

Clutching at straws, tho, tbh...

It's not your drivers. Did the same thing, but with Nvidia. No joy.

Exactly the same problem here, I was just TPing and crashed out. Now I get the EULA, accept and client loader flashes up and closes.

Thank you so much for this thread. I deleted the temp files after uninstalling PE and now it works :yay:

Having the same issue... will try deleting TEMP folder files...

Removed everything - Downloaded again - Patched again - SFV check fully ok

Same problem ...

Makes sense because if a problem starts occuring, it will probably keep reoccuring untill a decent patch is released. Since we're downloading the exact same update as the one that did trigger the bug it's logic w're stuck in a loop.

So support ... a more accurate answer plz this time.

deleting files (there should be 2 or 4 of them: Entropia.log, Entropia.dmp and ClientLoader.log, ClientLoader.dmp) from following directory solves the problem for me:
"C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\Entropia.error\"(on Vista/7, on XP it will be under "Documents and Settings")

Windows search didn't find these files, I had to look for them by my own. :confused:

Back