Plots: Maps of Ithaca and Livas (and list of plot owners)

I gotta chime in here.

I'm astounded that ANYONE who has been in this game for a few years would be so dumb as to sink any PEDS into these plots.

First came apartments, then shops, then shopping malls. These now are nearly all just waste land, and have lost almost all of their original value.

Believing "honestly, these plots will be worth tons soon" is just another marketing ploy like "NEW - IMPROVED" on shampoo or "ORIGINAL FORMULA" on Coke.

Same circus - different clowns.

But then again, I could have read the tea leaves (and the history of this game) wrong.....

From what I see you mention the items you place little to no value/consideration into but leave out many other things that have done well such as FOMA, Crystal Palace, Land Areas, Ships, Equus. At this point I would say it is hard to compare these to land areas that generate income, but it is also hard to compare it to an apartment until we know what functionality will be available this Autumn.

On another note I know the below quote has been analyzed and gone over a few times

Development of structures on CLD Estates will be implemented in Autumn 2015, with larger plots planned to accommodate more advanced structures with potential commercial functions such as shopping and more.

as that is directly from their announcement but later in that announcement it says:

Larger plots may also have an additional requirement in the form of building materials; unlike the CLD Requirement, additional requirements do not decrease over time.

From what we know Small+, Medium and Large had the additional cost of Composite planks so maybe that can put the debate to rest for some about what was meant about "Larger" plots as to me that would seem to say that Small+, Medium and Large are what they are talking about as "Larger".

You call me and many others dumb because we see things differently than you.... ?

Yes, that's exactly what he said :D.

Well, I am happy to share my thoughts on why someone would invest the PEDs, but only if I am asked... well... by friendly persons, lol :D.

Correct, all plots are claimed.

I have updated the lists and the top list too.

Cost per S+ slot for these claims: 5.5k to 6k PEDs .

No more order in auction for planks.
Orders for Long Moonleaf Boards at 1400%, not filled yet.

Livas Commons #32 (S+) was sold today for 8k ina PvP trade.

Planks orders at 200%, currently no orders for long boards.

Some trades happened in the past week, so I updated the owner list and the top owners list too.

Oh, and Moonleaf boards are nearly TT food now, Long Moonleaf are below 1k most of the time, Compüosite Planks order between 150-180%.

Due to this, the PH-3 Unlimited toosl are sold between tt+300 and tt+600 PEDs and decreasing.

Name Change

It is Sara Chibi Taylor:)

I gotta chime in here.

I'm astounded that ANYONE who has been in this game for a few years would be so dumb as to sink any PEDS into these plots.

First came apartments, then shops, then shopping malls. These now are nearly all just waste land, and have lost almost all of their original value.

Believing "honestly, these plots will be worth tons soon" is just another marketing ploy like "NEW - IMPROVED" on shampoo or "ORIGINAL FORMULA" on Coke.

Same circus - different clowns.

But then again, I could have read the tea leaves (and the history of this game) wrong.....

I agree with you for the most part. MA has a history of nerfing over time just about anything and everything that's been added. The initial prices for most items has usually dropped. There are exceptions such as TI & CND (aka FOMA).

But remember Marco & Jan are history, there's a new management regime in charge. They may actually have a vision in place that makes the land plots more than just another hyped, fools rush in, soon to be abandoned, feature such as apartments and shopping malls.

CO

Currently Southern Ithaca 46 is in auction for 15.000 SB and BO at 20.000 PEDs.

Which makes absolutely no sense, as it's an S plot, which usualy is sold for 4-5k...

Well at least you can update Mickael Emarkus PEROLTZ as the owner since it was previously unknown. And yea, that price :eyecrazy:

The small plot #25 at Ithaca Commons is ending on auc shortly with the current bid at +4200

Forgive my ignorance, but... I'm curious as to why the plots are selling for thousands of PED? I mean, just an empty small plot goes for over 4,000 PED on the auction apparently. Personally there's no way I'd pay 4,000 PED for that. Nothing out there. No TP. And it's just a flat empty plot. Compared to what other estates that are already built and close to a TP cost... I don't see this as a good investment.
Are they really worth that, or are people just trying to get back some of the PED they spent on CLDs? If so I don't think that's the point of CLDs or the plots...

does anyone know what can be implemented on these plots I mean what can be built on the different sizes. Say I wanted a farm or a fishery what size of plot would I need.

Great thread!
Thank you for all those usefull informations.

I didn't paid so much attention in the matter since launch of plots, but I found very interesting to read about.

+1 and subscribe

Great info here! Would be nice to see it updated with the newly released plots.

I requested a bit of information just over a month ago but I have not had any response , is this post closed /dead ? or is it that no one knows .
\I would still appreciate any info. regarding the farming that is mentioned , does size really matter ?

I requested a bit of information just over a month ago but I have not had any response , is this post closed /dead ? or is it that no one knows .
\I would still appreciate any info. regarding the farming that is mentioned , does size really matter ?

There has been no information released on potential future use of the CLD plots for farming yet by the developers, only community speculation.
See the Calypso website for information so far: http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/

Forgive my ignorance, but... I'm curious as to why the plots are selling for thousands of PED? I mean, just an empty small plot goes for over 4,000 PED on the auction apparently. Personally there's no way I'd pay 4,000 PED for that. Nothing out there. No TP. And it's just a flat empty plot. Compared to what other estates that are already built and close to a TP cost... I don't see this as a good investment.
Are they really worth that, or are people just trying to get back some of the PED they spent on CLDs? If so I don't think that's the point of CLDs or the plots...
I'm also curious :scratch2:

As far I can see, according to speculations and that drawing, the owners are decided to sell these plots for several thousands!!!! hmmm:confused:

Someone have any idea why?

well unless I get more info. about what this investment is all about I will not purchase. There are already plenty of empty apartments and shops on calypso. how can anyone make an investment when they don't even know what the potential return could be.

This kind of investment could bring in the mega bucks or a monster loss, a gambling man I am not.

well unless I get more info. about what this investment is all about I will not purchase.
This kind of investment could bring in the mega bucks or a monster loss, a gambling man I am not.

Well, they are supposed to be implementing new features for the land plots soon, so I suspect if you wait, you will get answers soon enough about these land plots. (other than the information we already have, ofc).

Sara Chibi Taylor NOT CHILBI

Hey all,
here are maps of the plot areas.

--- Help appreciated ---
If you find a bug, missing plot or you have an update on an owner, please let me know, thank you.
---
Please let me know, if I should continue to work on this, thank you.
---

Locations:
  • Livas City: [66407, 85405, 196] (Livas Heights are the plots in the middle, Livas Commons are the plots on the edges).
  • Ithaca City Commons: [70839, 85797, 149]
  • Ithaca City Heights: [70519, 85686, 203]

See below for:
  • Detailed _real_ costs of the plots
  • List of the owners of each plot
  • Status

Maps (click the image for fullsize image):

Livas:

Ithaca Heights:

Ithaca Commons: (the three missing plot # will be fixed soon)

Owners of all plots:
1) Many plot's owners are listed as "Marcus The Calendar Broker". This happens, when a player buys the plot, but does not claim the plot on the property interface. All plots like this are listed here as "Owner unknown".
2) as you can see on the maps, not all plot #s are givven. I assume (but this is to be confirmed), that the small plots for monuments etc use the "missing" numbers.
Thanks to Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir for the support with this posting!

Livas:
Livas Heights and Commons are on the same location. On the map, I marked them H-23 (Heights 23) and C-15 (Commons 15)
Livas Heights - 34 - Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir - M
Livas Heights - 33 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Heights - 32 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Heights - 30 - Charles Maiato May - S
Livas Heights - 29 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Heights - 28 - Chris Cole Anderson - S
Livas Heights - 23 - Michael Commodore Ludgate - S
Livas Heights - 22 - Rey ReyHeaven Frau - S
Livas Heights - 21 - Michael Smoerble Stock - M
Livas Heights - 20 - Michael Smoerble Stock - M
Livas Heights - 19 - Baron Baron Topper - S
Livas Heights - 17 - Jos Bernz Bernz - S
Livas Heights - 15 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S+
Livas Heights - 14 - Kiba ForstForester Nightwalker - S
Livas Heights - 13 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - S
Livas Heights - 12 - Eon Ost Turf - S
Livas Heights - 11 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Livas Heights - 9 - MM Milkman MM - S
Livas Heights - 8 - Telochka Ivanova Ivanova - S+
Livas Heights - 6 - Ophelya Nerfy Covenant - S
Livas Heights - 5 - Ophelya Nerfy Covenant - S
Livas Heights - 3 - Ophelya Nerfy Covenant - S
Livas Heights - 2 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - M

Livas Commons - 38 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 35 - zz Zorkii zz - S
Livas Commons - 34 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 33 - Sara Chilbi Taylor - M
Livas Commons - 32 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Commons - 29 - Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir - L
Livas Commons - 27 - Baron Baron Topper - S+
Livas Commons - 26 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Commons - 25 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Commons - 23 - Lord Sconkel Schw - S
Livas Commons - 20 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Livas Commons - 19 - white psycho beast - S
Livas Commons - 17 - Electra Sparks Lightning - S
Livas Commons - 16 - Remy Master Chief Lebeau - S
Livas Commons - 15 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 13 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 12 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 10 - Inherent Marxus Legends - M
Livas Commons - 9 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 8 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - S
Livas Commons - 7 - Myk Scott Adanstar - S
Livas Commons - 6 - Anthony Morkai de Jais - S+
Livas Commons - 5 - Vavva Voom Straaf - S
Livas Commons - 4 - Ziggymick Ziggy Richards - S

Ithaca Heights:
Ithaca Heights - 14 - Forgoth Forgo Lundain - S+
Ithaca Heights - 13 - Storm Spawn Bootcamp - S
Ithaca Heights - 12 - Slikii Butterknife Thundersauce - S
Ithaca Heights - 11 - Teiwaz Storm Ing - S
Ithaca Heights - 10 - Mateusz Mefju Zwiadowca - S
Ithaca Heights - 9 - Mateusz Mefju Zwiadowca - S
Ithaca Heights - 7 - Sara Chilbi Taylor - S+
Ithaca Heights - 5 - Fiery DarkFire Winter - S
Ithaca Heights - 4 - Fiery DarkFire Winter - S
Ithaca Heights - 3 - Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir - L

Ithaca Commons:
Ithaca Commons - 65 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 64 - Juliane Emma Morgan - S
Ithaca Commons - 62 - [owner unknown] - S+
Ithaca Commons - 61 - Brian BlueIce Basson - S
Ithaca Commons - 60 - Loonie Tyrant Rooster - S
Ithaca Commons - 59 - Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff - S
Ithaca Commons - 58 - Ed Luigui Ward - S
Ithaca Commons - 57 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Ithaca Commons - 56 - Gionni Gunsy Novembri - S
Ithaca Commons - 55 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Ithaca Commons - 54 - Cat kitty mountain - S
Ithaca Commons - 52 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Ithaca Commons - 51 - Baron Baron Topper - S+
Ithaca Commons - 50 - Skoker Shoe Sverpan - S
Ithaca Commons - 49 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - S
Ithaca Commons - 46 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 45 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 44 - Matthew Matt Graham - S+
Ithaca Commons - 41 - Ziggymick Ziggy Richards - S
Ithaca Commons - 40 - [owner unknown] - M
Ithaca Commons - 39 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 38 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 36 - Cambuurrinse (before: Wamder WanderBoy Boy -> Vi V3r0nyka BitFury) - S
Ithaca Commons - 35 - Julius Liberation Pride - S
Ithaca Commons - 33 - Catiana Cat Well - S+
Ithaca Commons - 32 - White psycho beast - S
Ithaca Commons - 31 - Noorie Noorie Anwar - M
Ithaca Commons - 30 - Matthew Matt Graham - M
Ithaca Commons - 29 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S+
Ithaca Commons - 28 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 25 - BETA BINX BREAKER (was: Joana Jo Hilfreich) - S
Ithaca Commons - 24 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 23 - Retrac Mike Leachim - S+
Ithaca Commons - 22 - Demi Deminish Nishap - S
Ithaca Commons - 21 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 20 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Ithaca Commons - 18 - Teiwaz Storm Ing - L
Ithaca Commons - 17 - [owner unknown] - S+
Ithaca Commons - 16 - Kalok skya666 li - S
Ithaca Commons - 14 - Andrey Andy Russian - S
Ithaca Commons - 13 - Lord Sconkel Schw - S
Ithaca Commons - 11 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S+
Ithaca Commons - 10 - Matthew Matt Graham (was: Giuliano adm Noooob) - S
Ithaca Commons - 9 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 9 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Ithaca Commons - 8 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Ithaca Commons - 7 - Ziggymick Ziggy Richards - S
Ithaca Commons - 6 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 4 - Ernest Bilko Sgt - M

Real costs of plots:
I explain the details of the process to give everyone a detailed idea how much it costs to get the plots:
  • When you purchase a plot from MA, you need CLDs. The CLDs are converted into CLD(X). THis means, you cannot use these CLDs to purchase another plot from MA. For S plots (20x20 meters), you need only CLDs to purchase. For everything bigger (S+, M and L) you need additionally "composite planks". The planks are destroyed during this process.
  • Composite planks are crafted by players. For them you need Short, "normal" and Long Moonleaf Boards. They are harvested with the PH-1 to PH-3 tools.
  • When the plots were released, they started a kind of reverse-"auction" (but it is not an auction!): At the first day, you needed many CLDs and each day, you needed less CLDs to claim a plot. The amount of planks needed for the bigger plots stayed always the same. Examples: one of the first S plots sold needed 27 CLDs, the last ones were sold when you needed 18 CLDs.
  • At the beginning, planks had a MU of 500% to nearly 700% and the price went down to about 400% until most larger plots were claimed.
  • For S plots, you needed no planks. For an S+ plot, you need 1500 planks (TT=1500), M needs 3000 planks and L plots need 5000 planks (= 5000 PEDs TT without MU).
  • When someone purchased a plot, he had a loss in the value of the CDS (as above, converted to CLD(X)) and needed to craft or buy planks at a very high MU.
  • I checked the plots on a daily basis, so I have a good estimation (but not 100% exact) at which MU the planks were bought or crafted, when the majority of the plots were claimed.

Here's a rough guideline what plots costed the owners (including loss on CLD value and plank costs):
Week 1, planks at approx 600%:
S: approx 1.5k
S+ (40x20): 12k to 15k
M (40x40): 19k to 23k
L: (60x60): none sold

Week 2:
S: approx 2k
S+ (40x20): 11k to 12k
M (40x40): 15k to 20k

Week 3:
S+ (40x20): pretty much exact 10k
M (40x40): 14k to 17k
L: (60x60): 2 claimed between 25k to 30k, one claimed at 35k

Week 4:
S: approx 2.4k
S+ (40x20): 8k to 10k
M (40x40): 12 to 15k (MU on planks was very dynamic)
L: (60x60): not available anymore

Week 5:
S+ (40x20): 7k to 9k
M (40x40): not available anymore

Prices: why do players pay so much more for the plots in auction?
Basically it's a bet: some players believe, that there won't be any more plots in the next 12 month. Also some players did not have enough CLDs to claim a plot. Or they were not in game in the few days, where players could claim the plots. Other player believe, that MA will release enough plots, to fullfill all CLDs with a plot. It's up to every player on his own to decide, if they think, a plot is worth 100 PEDs or 100k PEDs.

• It is planned, that we will get houses/structures in autumn 2015.
  • No details are gives yet, but most players assume, that farming and fishing will be possible on some plots.
  • Many players claim, that there will be even bigger lots in the near future. But according to the post below from Chiel, this is not the case(!), please click for details.
  • To be continued...

Sara Chibi Taylor NOT CHILBI

Please update this with hte new area and fix broken pictures.

Southern Ithaca Commons - 36 - S - Sara Chibi Taylor

Hey all,
here are maps of the plot areas.

--- Help appreciated ---
If you find a bug, missing plot or you have an update on an owner, please let me know, thank you.
---
Please let me know, if I should continue to work on this, thank you.
---

Locations:
  • Livas City: [66407, 85405, 196] (Livas Heights are the plots in the middle, Livas Commons are the plots on the edges).
  • Ithaca City Commons: [70839, 85797, 149]
  • Ithaca City Heights: [70519, 85686, 203]

See below for:
  • Detailed _real_ costs of the plots
  • List of the owners of each plot
  • Status

Maps (click the image for fullsize image):

Livas:

Ithaca Heights:

Ithaca Commons: (the three missing plot # will be fixed soon)

Owners of all plots:
1) Many plot's owners are listed as "Marcus The Calendar Broker". This happens, when a player buys the plot, but does not claim the plot on the property interface. All plots like this are listed here as "Owner unknown".
2) as you can see on the maps, not all plot #s are givven. I assume (but this is to be confirmed), that the small plots for monuments etc use the "missing" numbers.
Thanks to Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir for the support with this posting!

Livas:
Livas Heights and Commons are on the same location. On the map, I marked them H-23 (Heights 23) and C-15 (Commons 15)
Livas Heights - 34 - Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir - M
Livas Heights - 33 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Heights - 32 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Heights - 30 - Charles Maiato May - S
Livas Heights - 29 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Heights - 28 - Chris Cole Anderson - S
Livas Heights - 23 - Michael Commodore Ludgate - S
Livas Heights - 22 - Rey ReyHeaven Frau - S
Livas Heights - 21 - Michael Smoerble Stock - M
Livas Heights - 20 - Michael Smoerble Stock - M
Livas Heights - 19 - Baron Baron Topper - S
Livas Heights - 17 - Jos Bernz Bernz - S
Livas Heights - 15 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S+
Livas Heights - 14 - Kiba ForstForester Nightwalker - S
Livas Heights - 13 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - S
Livas Heights - 12 - Eon Ost Turf - S
Livas Heights - 11 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Livas Heights - 9 - MM Milkman MM - S
Livas Heights - 8 - Telochka Ivanova Ivanova - S+
Livas Heights - 6 - Ophelya Nerfy Covenant - S
Livas Heights - 5 - Ophelya Nerfy Covenant - S
Livas Heights - 3 - Ophelya Nerfy Covenant - S
Livas Heights - 2 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - M

Livas Commons - 38 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 35 - zz Zorkii zz - S
Livas Commons - 34 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 33 - Sara Chilbi Taylor - M
Livas Commons - 32 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Commons - 29 - Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir - L
Livas Commons - 27 - Baron Baron Topper - S+
Livas Commons - 26 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Commons - 25 - [owner unknown] - S+
Livas Commons - 23 - Lord Sconkel Schw - S
Livas Commons - 20 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Livas Commons - 19 - white psycho beast - S
Livas Commons - 17 - Electra Sparks Lightning - S
Livas Commons - 16 - Remy Master Chief Lebeau - S
Livas Commons - 15 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 13 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 12 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 10 - Inherent Marxus Legends - M
Livas Commons - 9 - [owner unknown] - S
Livas Commons - 8 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - S
Livas Commons - 7 - Myk Scott Adanstar - S
Livas Commons - 6 - Anthony Morkai de Jais - S+
Livas Commons - 5 - Vavva Voom Straaf - S
Livas Commons - 4 - Ziggymick Ziggy Richards - S

Ithaca Heights:
Ithaca Heights - 14 - Forgoth Forgo Lundain - S+
Ithaca Heights - 13 - Storm Spawn Bootcamp - S
Ithaca Heights - 12 - Slikii Butterknife Thundersauce - S
Ithaca Heights - 11 - Teiwaz Storm Ing - S
Ithaca Heights - 10 - Mateusz Mefju Zwiadowca - S
Ithaca Heights - 9 - Mateusz Mefju Zwiadowca - S
Ithaca Heights - 7 - Sara Chilbi Taylor - S+
Ithaca Heights - 5 - Fiery DarkFire Winter - S
Ithaca Heights - 4 - Fiery DarkFire Winter - S
Ithaca Heights - 3 - Chiel Rampsy Tondeleir - L

Ithaca Commons:
Ithaca Commons - 65 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 64 - Juliane Emma Morgan - S
Ithaca Commons - 62 - [owner unknown] - S+
Ithaca Commons - 61 - Brian BlueIce Basson - S
Ithaca Commons - 60 - Loonie Tyrant Rooster - S
Ithaca Commons - 59 - Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff - S
Ithaca Commons - 58 - Ed Luigui Ward - S
Ithaca Commons - 57 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Ithaca Commons - 56 - Gionni Gunsy Novembri - S
Ithaca Commons - 55 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Ithaca Commons - 54 - Cat kitty mountain - S
Ithaca Commons - 52 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Ithaca Commons - 51 - Baron Baron Topper - S+
Ithaca Commons - 50 - Skoker Shoe Sverpan - S
Ithaca Commons - 49 - Wamder WanderBoy Boy - S
Ithaca Commons - 46 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 45 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 44 - Matthew Matt Graham - S+
Ithaca Commons - 41 - Ziggymick Ziggy Richards - S
Ithaca Commons - 40 - [owner unknown] - M
Ithaca Commons - 39 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 38 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 36 - Cambuurrinse (before: Wamder WanderBoy Boy -> Vi V3r0nyka BitFury) - S
Ithaca Commons - 35 - Julius Liberation Pride - S
Ithaca Commons - 33 - Catiana Cat Well - S+
Ithaca Commons - 32 - White psycho beast - S
Ithaca Commons - 31 - Noorie Noorie Anwar - M
Ithaca Commons - 30 - Matthew Matt Graham - M
Ithaca Commons - 29 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S+
Ithaca Commons - 28 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 25 - BETA BINX BREAKER (was: Joana Jo Hilfreich) - S
Ithaca Commons - 24 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 23 - Retrac Mike Leachim - S+
Ithaca Commons - 22 - Demi Deminish Nishap - S
Ithaca Commons - 21 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 20 - Julius Liberation Pride - S+
Ithaca Commons - 18 - Teiwaz Storm Ing - L
Ithaca Commons - 17 - [owner unknown] - S+
Ithaca Commons - 16 - Kalok skya666 li - S
Ithaca Commons - 14 - Andrey Andy Russian - S
Ithaca Commons - 13 - Lord Sconkel Schw - S
Ithaca Commons - 11 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S+
Ithaca Commons - 10 - Matthew Matt Graham (was: Giuliano adm Noooob) - S
Ithaca Commons - 9 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 9 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Ithaca Commons - 8 - Michael Smoerble Stock - S
Ithaca Commons - 7 - Ziggymick Ziggy Richards - S
Ithaca Commons - 6 - [owner unknown] - S
Ithaca Commons - 4 - Ernest Bilko Sgt - M

Real costs of plots:
I explain the details of the process to give everyone a detailed idea how much it costs to get the plots:
  • When you purchase a plot from MA, you need CLDs. The CLDs are converted into CLD(X). THis means, you cannot use these CLDs to purchase another plot from MA. For S plots (20x20 meters), you need only CLDs to purchase. For everything bigger (S+, M and L) you need additionally "composite planks". The planks are destroyed during this process.
  • Composite planks are crafted by players. For them you need Short, "normal" and Long Moonleaf Boards. They are harvested with the PH-1 to PH-3 tools.
  • When the plots were released, they started a kind of reverse-"auction" (but it is not an auction!): At the first day, you needed many CLDs and each day, you needed less CLDs to claim a plot. The amount of planks needed for the bigger plots stayed always the same. Examples: one of the first S plots sold needed 27 CLDs, the last ones were sold when you needed 18 CLDs.
  • At the beginning, planks had a MU of 500% to nearly 700% and the price went down to about 400% until most larger plots were claimed.
  • For S plots, you needed no planks. For an S+ plot, you need 1500 planks (TT=1500), M needs 3000 planks and L plots need 5000 planks (= 5000 PEDs TT without MU).
  • When someone purchased a plot, he had a loss in the value of the CDS (as above, converted to CLD(X)) and needed to craft or buy planks at a very high MU.
  • I checked the plots on a daily basis, so I have a good estimation (but not 100% exact) at which MU the planks were bought or crafted, when the majority of the plots were claimed.

Here's a rough guideline what plots costed the owners (including loss on CLD value and plank costs):
Week 1, planks at approx 600%:
S: approx 1.5k
S+ (40x20): 12k to 15k
M (40x40): 19k to 23k

Week 2:
S+ (40x20): 11k to 12k
M (40x40): 15k to 20k

Week 3:
S+ (40x20): pretty much exact 10k
M (40x40): 14k to 17k
L: (60x60): 2 claimed between 25k to 30k, one claimed at 35k

Week 4:
S: approx 2.4k
S+ (40x20): 8k to 10k
M (40x40): 12 to 15k (MU on planks was very dynamic)

Week 5:
S+ (40x20): 7k to 9k
M (40x40): not available anymore

Prices: why do players pay so much more for the plots in auction?
Basically it's a bet: some players believe, that there won't be any more plots in the next 12 month. Also some players did not have enough CLDs to claim a plot. Or they were not in game in the few days, where players could claim the plots. Other player believe, that MA will release enough plots, to fullfill all CLDs with a plot. It's up to every player on his own to decide, if they think, a plot is worth 100 PEDs or 100k PEDs.

• It is planned, that we will get houses/structures in autumn 2015.
  • No details are gives yet, but most players assume, that farming and fishing will be possible on some plots.
  • Many players claim, that there will be even bigger lots in the near future. But according to the post below from Chiel, this is not the case(!), please click for details.
  • To be continued...

Southern Ithaca Commons - 36 - S - Sara Chibi Taylor

Awesome!

There's not a whole lot of traffic around Livas Heights, I've built 2 Snugs and filled 5 Shopkeepers full of stuff for sale but no one around to buy anything...

:spank:

I hope MA has a plan to increase the number of avatars that visit these settlements. I was kinda of hoping that there might be some sort of events around Ithaca & Livas over Christmas but no such luck...

:broke:

Awesome!

There's not a whole lot of traffic around Livas Heights, I've built 2 Snugs and filled 5 Shopkeepers full of stuff for sale but no one around to buy anything...

:spank:

I hope MA has a plan to increase the number of avatars that visit these settlements. I was kinda of hoping that there might be some sort of events around Ithaca & Livas over Christmas but no such luck...

:broke:

good luck with that... they've been creating estates and abandoning them for years... that's why no one ever really visits the apartments and shops scattered all across the planet unless there's a really, really good reason to. No shop or shopkeeper can compete with the auction house.... Players have been asking Mindark for a shop directory for a loooong time and it's so far been on the very bottom of the to-do list where it'll stay since Mindark has no financial incentive to make it happen ever. Sadly, it's a situation where it'll just keep getting worse every year as the number of estates in game continue to grow... supply and demand and all of that...

Hi all,
I didn't play for a while, soprry for that.

I fixed the images, thanks for pointing this out.

Back