Poll: what is the average EU player gpu

What gpu are you using for this game

• Total voters
Recently upgraded to RTX3070...
lol I just realized that I totally missed the 3070. I just added it to the choice.
If anyone need to change their vote please do so. Sorry

You probably want to remake this poll with the following split up

3080/3080Ti
3070 3070TI/2080 2080super 2080Ti
3060 3060TI/2070super 2070 Ti/ 1080super 1080Ti
3050/ 2060/1660 /1060/1070 (980 here?)
1050/970 and below
I updated the poll to include the 3070 can't believe I missed that one lol. Well regardless. I think people can figure out their equivalent. I didn't list the 20 series as I expect the 20 series owners to know what is the equivalent to the 30 series. Chances are if they own the 20 series they still follow the gpu upgrade and are eyeing to upgrade to the 30 series. That is why I only listed as the 30 series or equivalent for convenience sake. Sorry to all the AMD gpu owners out there. I just have no clue on AMD gpu. But just google it and select the closest option in the list.

Running 1080ti here with Everything on V high and 16x anisotropic - works for me :)

i5 7600 - 3.50ghz CPU
2 SSD's
GTX 1070 GPU
32gb DDR4 Ram

Thats me currently!

Hope I will be ok lol but my GPU might let me down some what lol

As ready for UE5 as one can be.
Built my new system just 3 months ago.

i9-12900k+3080Ti on a custom loop.
Z690 Maximus Extreme mobo.
32GB DDR5 4800 RAM (temporary plug)
2TB PCIe SSD (Samsung 980PRO)
PCIe5 ready (for next gen SSD and GFX)
Win11 (DX12)

Yet even with this setup , looking back at the CE2 launch , i am fully aware that MA can make it unbearable to play on release :laugh:
But at least UE is a 100x better option out of the box for an MMO than CE will ever be.
CE would be great for a single player shooter game (Crysis) , yet EU was not able to utilize the majority of its potential.
And to this day , the engine that runs EU has been modified so hard that its just falling apart and i am not entirely sure how much of CE2 is left in it imo.:scratch2:

Lets hope MA devs have better experience with this new state of the art game engine :giggle:

Poll: what is the average EU player gpu​

This can be interpreted in several ways:
- what are the most common gpu's used by players in entropia ?
- what is the gpu used by the 'average' player in eu ? (so not by noobies or ubers?)

I have been running a GTX-1070 with an i7-7700. Any system with a gen 7 or below (or AMD equivalent) will become obsolete in Oct 2025 along with Windows 10. This should force most players to update their system just in time for the 2026 release of EU on UE5.

Safe mode, since EU is so bad at any hardware, that it is just not fun to play at best settings even with 3090.

As OEM, I have all hardware available, but EU always runs crafting on safe mode while I play other games that have story and amazing graphics.

I have been running a GTX-1070 with an i7-7700. Any system with a gen 7 or below (or AMD equivalent) will become obsolete in Oct 2025 along with Windows 10. This should force most players to update their system just in time for the 2026 release of EU on UE5.

not if you play on linux like I do ;)

1070 for my desktop. I'm not in a rush to upgrade.

GTX 970... (overclocked like my 11 years old computer :king:)

This is the truth the way and the light. I'm on about the same. Ancient top of the range 3GHz core2quad - not yet clocked, a 680 of some variety, Windows 7 and wondering why I'd ever want to bother upgrading!

OK this said, I've always said I'd let my needs drive my actual upgrading but, to date, aside from maybe PC VR (but stand alone is plenty fine TBH and much more convenient), I've yet to encounter something I can't do with this computer that I want to. My point being that I could play decently graphical new games (certainly those that kick Entropia out of the stadium graphics wise), at max settings, right up to just before the pandemic. For example this one:

For sure, games have come out since then for which the 2GB graphics memory I have serves as a unplayability bottleneck (Detroit: Become Human), and the lack of some CPU instructions like POP CNT or indeed more generalised "wah! why cpu so old lor?" error messages can present problems... but quite honestly I've got so many old games still to play which still look graphically great (surpassing Entropia at minimum), I can't see myself upgrading for quite some time. I also don't like Windows 10... so that's another reason to avoid wasting money only to make my life miserable being forced to use an operating system I hate.

But anyhow... my quirks aside, I find this poll interesting... particularly the notion that the poster seems to be of the view that people are likely to be spending this sort of money on graphics cards that, fundamentally, there is very little reason for the average person to own,... aside to play "mah comfuta behah tha urs bro" games on reddit or something.

Case in point, the reality is that most people do very little more computationally expensive with their PC's than running a web browser or indeed playing games, which is the only thing they really do which makes even a tiny dent in the sheer computing power they have at their disposal. If you're not doing VR, and still rocking a 1080p monitor (and lets face it, this is most people), likely even the most modern games are barely touching these 20xx and 30xx GPUs or 48core CPUs some people have.

So why do people have them? They're ludicrously expensive for the practical and visible gains they give you compared to the past. Historically I think the most I ever spent on a graphics card was something like £160 IIRC and I remember even that much seeming like a lot. These new ones are like £500 up to some grand!!... and for what gain? Bragging rights?

Really, when it comes to modern hardware, if you are not training neural networks, mining crypto, editing multi layered 4k video or trying to compile programs constantly I do wonder what on earth people want these things for. It just feels like people are spending money on these things simply because they can, or because of FOMO or some sort of other marketing trick that is working on them.

This isn't the 1990s any more. There is no longer any need to constantly upgrade or throw out your computers and contribute to the ever expanding e-waste problem the world has found itself in. And as for Untropia, if MA want to only target their game at people dumb enough to spend several grand on PC's for performance they simply don't need so be it. But they'll be loosing a hell of a lot of PED if they do.

Rant over, thank you for listening

All the best
Wistrel

This is the truth the way and the light. I'm on about the same. Ancient top of the range 3GHz core2quad - not yet clocked, a 680 of some variety, Windows 7 and wondering why I'd ever want to bother upgrading!
Yep Intel Core I5 760 2.8ghz bought in 2010, and o/c in ~3860ghz since that time, The GTX 970 was the only hardware upgrade in 2015.
And 16 GB of memory which one day were wrongly sent to my work address by some company, and so i kept them for personal use 😆

Though i did upgrade to Windows 10 over time and i really like it. 🥰 (bought a big SSD in 2021 so i reinstalled everything)

And yes there are plenty of games which are running great, like the one you mentioned "A Plague tale Innocence", not really the kind of game i usually play but i did... And couldn't stop before the very end ^_^

Now there are also games that i won't even launch before investing 3000€ in a new beast, not counting +1000€ for the VR equipment as if i upgrade, i want it to be VR Ready (among other things) and last for at least one more decade.

As an example : Kingdom Come Deliverance installed it and then when i saw the frame rate, told myself "alright not before a new computer". And then of course Cyberpunk 2077... Big Fan of Witcher here since the first episode, but Cyberpunk 2077 is out of my 3DMark league :banghead:

Well... I could tweak this or that... sure... But for these games i want the ULTRA presets Experience.
Then... I am not as young as i used to be when i played to Bubble Bobble :yay:, so if i have waited so long it's also because i have other priorities now (My Kids and Wife). But ultimately I'll Invest ^_^

To finish... Like you there are many Old games or even Wonderful Indie games on Steam that i have discovered and played the last years, and for which even old machines can do the work (y) for 80's Fan of Hardcore RPG / Roguelike Fans i'll mention Paper Sorcerer, Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats, Iratus Lord of the Dead, Bard's Tale Remastered ♥ , Even Pillars of Eternity or Divinity Original Sin 2 worked ! etc... etc...

Okay... Have my dailies to do :silly2:

Last edited:
gtx 970 here still going strong, don't see any reason to upgrade it

RTX 3080
i9-10900k

I think i started to smell markup too... wts sweat 5/k, don't push.
The new requirements should be 3060+ and min 32GB of ram, the markup of sweat to be decent :sweat:

3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (MSI)

and unplayable atm, heat problems shuts the game off after a minute atm . nvm ill survive

Yep Intel Core I5 760 2.8ghz bought in 2010, and o/c in ~3860ghz since that time, The GTX 970 was the only hardware upgrade in 2015.
And 16 GB of memory which one day were wrongly sent to my work address by some company,

Holly!!... That's like 36% overclock or something! Crikey. I think I might have one more upgrade left in my PC which will be a 980 maybe and I could maybe find out about overclocking but I don't think it's worth going beyond that. There's some good videos out there where people put this card in and got good results on games but going beyond this you stop seeing benefit I think cause it like trying to squeeze a tank of water through a straw in terms of the motherboard.

Indeed VR or other things that demand high res output or if you want to try RTX stuff seem to be the only reasons to go to these new graphics cards and a modern PC.

Thought I might just throw in some prices for the cards in the poll here. So we all know what we are talking about investment wise here. These are just me going off top suggestions when searching for the graphics card number and picking the most expensive offer.

3090 - £3276
3080 - £1600
3070 - £ 900
3060 - £ 850
1080 - £ 666
980 - £ 385
780 - £ 200
680 - £ 150

Thought I might just throw in some prices for the cards in the poll here. So we all know what we are talking about investment wise here. These are just me going off top suggestions when searching for the graphics card number and picking the most expensive offer.

3090 - £3276
3080 - £1600
3070 - £ 900
3060 - £ 850
1080 - £ 666
980 - £ 385
780 - £ 200
680 - £ 150

You missed 1070 price - That has basically stayed the same too especially cos of the GPU shortage... Due to COVID and the shortage of the semi conductors........

The 3000 series is dropping quickly now. Can get a 3080 12GB for around $1200 now, but I wouldn't buy now.

3090 - £3276
3080 - £1600
3070 - £ 900
3060 - £ 850
1080 - £ 666
980 - £ 385
780 - £ 200
680 - £ 150

I have a 5900X and a RTX 3080 and still can't get over 200 FPS anywhere in this game with my graphics card load never going over 66% and CPU barely working. Can't wait for UE5. I hope they implement multi threading. I think UE5 will be easier to run than this mutilated cryengine.

I have a 5900X and a RTX 3080 and still can't get over 200 FPS anywhere in this game with my graphics card load never going over 66% and CPU barely working. Can't wait for UE5. I hope they implement multi threading. I think UE5 will be easier to run than this mutilated cryengine.

My 60Hz TN LCD panel cares not... nor does my 120Hz Quest 2 headset :D OK joking aside, seriously what on earth do people want a 200Hz + refresh rate for? We perceive animation at around 15Hz, I used to have a CRT that I had to set to 85Hz or ideally 100Hz to get the flicker to go away on white word documents... and people told me I was strange to need to do that! I've not noticed any issues in VR with refresh rate.. so indeed, 200Hz +? Why?

My 60Hz TN LCD panel cares not... nor does my 120Hz Quest 2 headset :D OK joking aside, seriously what on earth do people want a 200Hz + refresh rate for? We perceive animation at around 15Hz, I used to have a CRT that I had to set to 85Hz or ideally 100Hz to get the flicker to go away on white word documents... and people told me I was strange to need to do that! I've not noticed any issues in VR with refresh rate.. so indeed, 200Hz +? Why?
Not everyone is happy with the most basic that money can buy today 🤷‍♂️

There is a significant visible/responsiveness difference between 60 - 120, but there is also a noticeable difference between 120 - 240. I am only using a 144hz monitor but going below 120 makes motions and responsiveness feels like a slideshow until you get used to it.

Why would you settle for a worse experience if you don't have to?

Because I had a 144Hz monitor previously and I can perceive a difference at higher refresh rates.

Got a 3080 in my laptop

RTX 3080 laptop, RTX 2080 PC.
Will not need to upgrade. But if I need to I don't foresee UE5 update coming in at least 5 years so there will be plenty of time.

Back