Poll:Would YOU give up ATHs to spread the loot pool?

Would you give up ATHs to increase chances of globals, hofs and better return in general?

• Total voters
uhh??

I think people don''t see the real agenda of MA? They are a business and they want to expand. The road they choose is to get 3th party developers to create their own ''world'' with the same mechanics, those worlds will do their own marketing.
It is how ever ONLY intereseting when the turnover for MA is soo big that the potential is interesting enough for a company to invest in MA.

So MA needs to raise allot of cash (from players) It will not be less

Secondly MA is growing bigger, or at least it did. Bigger is more expenses.
When there are more people there are more recourses needed to provide the system. The employees need allot of cash as well.
And marketing expenses are afaik solely on conventions all over the world. only reaching a small group of people and companys.

It is hard to believe that MA will say here you go, we cut down the amount we take from you.

Let''s say on a Planet there is a LA and you go hunting there.
The LA owner gets a share, the planet gets a share, MA gets a share.
How many micro cents does MA need to survive? How much does a Planet need to survive?

All I can say is that it's quite allot
Entropia is not a big game so only a few will have to pay for that. When there are enough people to pay a tiny amount, it will not happen because MA keeps developping which needs allot of resources

What I see... is what I always see here... a spoiled bunch of adult children who can't accept that daddy promised them a trip to the park one day and couldn''t or wouln't understand or accept that they couldn't on that day, because it was raining.... and now 5 years years later sitting their shrinks couch or in a MAA* forum with feigned outraged and agonising, with neurotic driven whines of discontent... that their alternate lives were ruined forever... and that nothing good will ever happen again... and no one can be trusted... and want everyone else to know that as well... and demand that they also feel their pain...[/SIZE]

Your anaologies are quite far fetched...
In simple terms:
-MA is a company
-when company's announce changes/improvements/promises on its main product to customers its used to create PR and added insentive for current customers to stay.
-When a company fails to meet its promise once - it may lose some customers or lose trust of current customers.. but theyre still alive
-When a company fails to meet its promise multiple times thats when things go downhill.

Unconstructive criticism is if someone just made an EU account and demanded PED.

Constructive is when many people are requesting for loots to be balanced abit more, when many people are experiencing technical difficulties (some cant even log on with high end pc's), when many people request for info about content that had been promised or even new original content.... Its all constructive, as they are aspects of the game that can be discussed and possibly changed.

Its true that the cost of playing the game has multiplied vastly over the years, and its still going up. It would have been ok, if the quality of service was up to standard ... but im sitting here depositing $300 every week now. There are some people like Oberon mentioned himself who spend 4-8k a day on hunting. Sure its high level stuff and with high level stuff comes big expenses - but in 2004 i used to go by fine hunting big trox and aurli with $50 a week.

You can read on on past threads on forum but you would have never actually experienced how it was then to compare....

I'm in favor of spreading out the ATHs only because I think that's just too much money for them to be handing someone at once for a video game. It's like a dumb way for someone to make money here. Ingenuity and creative playing should be what helps you to make large amounts of money OVER TIME. Not just hit some big jackpot loot so you can take a bunch of money out of the economy.

But you really have to look at the big picture here and how this would affect MA's bottom line. ATHs being spread out means better returns in general, which leads to less depositing, which right now is MA's primary source of revenue. However, their PROFIT is derived from the difference between deposits and withdrawls. If ATHs are decreased, withdrawls would likely decrease as well. Most people when they hit that ATH immediately withdraw a large portion of that money, removing that money from the economy. Smaller big loots would encourage people to keep their money in the economy and spend more in decay. Theoretically, the profit margin shouldn't change.

But MA in all their greed may have determined that the system as it is now actually encourages more depositing and that the impact of the ATH withdrawls really isn't that significant. It just unfortunate that they've chosen more profits at the expense of their player base instead of finding a good balance that keeps the players happy and fulfilled instead of what we have now...

I'm in favor of spreading out the ATHs only because I think that's just too much money for them to be handing someone at once for a video game. It's like a dumb way for someone to make money here. Ingenuity and creative playing should be what helps you to make large amounts of money OVER TIME. Not just hit some big jackpot loot so you can take a bunch of money out of the economy.

But you really have to look at the big picture here and how this would affect MA's bottom line. ATHs being spread out means better returns in general, which leads to less depositing, which right now is MA's primary source of revenue. However, their PROFIT is derived from the difference between deposits and withdrawls. If ATHs are decreased, withdrawls would likely decrease as well. Most people when they hit that ATH immediately withdraw a large portion of that money, removing that money from the economy. Smaller big loots would encourage people to keep their money in the economy and spend more in decay. Theoretically, the profit margin shouldn't change.

But MA in all their greed may have determined that the system as it is now actually encourages more depositing and that the impact of the ATH withdrawls really isn't that significant. It just unfortunate that they've chosen more profits at the expense of their player base instead of finding a good balance that keeps the players happy and fulfilled instead of what we have now...

Let's say I have played for 3 years and deposited about 10k USD in that time and that would put me on that ATH list.
Would you care to explain where the difference is if I get 500 Peds everyday for 2 months instead of 30k at once ?
MA already made their profits from my money, true. But if I really want to withdraw it does not matter I will do it either way.
But if I hit a big one I would probably try to get even more eco and invest in an unL SIB gun or some rare armour, binding my money again in-game.
If I get allways small pieces, I think I would withdraw quite constantly because I am not somebody that is good with money in general and I doubt that my spending rate in-game will rise more.
Is it better to drain the economy with 10k PEDs per month or drain it once of 10K PEDs every 3 years ?

Makes no difference to me... Some people will still get lucky and hof 2k peds everyday for the next 7 days instead of 1 large 14k hof.

Let's say I have played for 3 years and deposited about 10k USD in that time and that would put me on that ATH list.
Would you care to explain where the difference is if I get 500 Peds everyday for 2 months instead of 30k at once ?
MA already made their profits from my money, true. But if I really want to withdraw it does not matter I will do it either way.
But if I hit a big one I would probably try to get even more eco and invest in an unL SIB gun or some rare armour, binding my money again in-game.
If I get allways small pieces, I think I would withdraw quite constantly because I am not somebody that is good with money in general and I doubt that my spending rate in-game will rise more.
Is it better to drain the economy with 10k PEDs per month or drain it once of 10K PEDs every 3 years ?

I definitely see where you're going with that, and I too would likely reinvest any big ATH back into the game through better gear and such, but we are not every case. Many people also instantly take out large portions of that. I think smaller payouts over time encourages keeping the money in game because it's a way of delaying that withdrawal, giving a person time to think about how they want to spend that money, and they may wait further because more could be coming in soon. In the case of the ATH, the player knows that may be all they'll ever get, and it's such a large chunk all at once that many people don't know what to do with that much money. So they withdraw.

But to answer your question, if the loot was spread out, there wouldn't be a situation where you get 500 ped every day for two months because you're still looking at a 30K payout to one player. I'm talking about smoothing out the up and down swings. Instead of having these big losing periods followed by a huge loot that puts you into the positive or near it, why not have smaller losing periods and smaller large loots? It wouldn't really improve the overall return over time, but it would lessen the times that players wait to get back into the black or to where they should be minus MA's fee...

I definitely see where you're going with that, and I too would likely reinvest any big ATH back into the game through better gear and such, but we are not every case. Many people also instantly take out large portions of that. I think smaller payouts over time encourages keeping the money in game because it's a way of delaying that withdrawal, giving a person time to think about how they want to spend that money, and they may wait further because more could be coming in soon. In the case of the ATH, the player knows that may be all they'll ever get, and it's such a large chunk all at once that many people don't know what to do with that much money. So they withdraw.

But to answer your question, if the loot was spread out, there wouldn't be a situation where you get 500 ped every day for two months because you're still looking at a 30K payout to one player. I'm talking about smoothing out the up and down swings. Instead of having these big losing periods followed by a huge loot that puts you into the positive or near it, why not have smaller losing periods and smaller large loots? It wouldn't really improve the overall return over time, but it would lessen the times that players wait to get back into the black or to where they should be minus MA's fee...
If you see EU as a gamble, you see the loot as up and down swings.
If you see it as investment, you see it as payouts.
When you invest in a investment fond they promise you a payout after some time, in EU you have the uncertainity. You do not know when, you only know eventuelly some day.
From the ATHs I have seen so far, they all went to either players being in game a real long time or seemed to have been spending a lot (aka high global rate).
Really do not see the pay out and taking money out of the system as a problem, if it was an active player he spend way more than he really got. Besides, if that really troubles you, what about the traders that solely trade and do not spend much except auction fees ? With reselling you can make a whole lot more dosh than getting an ATH and I am sure they withdraw on a constant rate.

Some might say, my thory about how loot is payed out is completely wrong, but unless somebody getting an ATH says how much he lost ingame and how much that ATH paid back his losses, I can only assume.
But for me one thing is sure, they all earned it and especially that one moment they got it!
When/if I get my ATH, I will surely tell how much it üaid back my losses, only got to lose around 15k more so it will only take about 2 more years :D

Back