Poll:Would YOU give up ATHs to spread the loot pool?

Would you give up ATHs to increase chances of globals, hofs and better return in general?

• Total voters
HE was MAs PR guy. How does PR direct growth or any opertations to that matter? Yes now as CEO of FPC he can guide and direct, so far jury is still out (except in your little court room). But yes, HE IS making improvements, but long way to go.

No he more than MA's PR guy...
He was
Community Manager and Concept
Development for the Entropia Universe.
Number of shares in company: 4 150
Background: Systems Science education
at Gothenburg’s University. Has worked
with a variety of computer games for
almost 10 years. Has been employed at
MindArk since 2002.

http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/Annual_Report_2008.pdf

After after 7 years of hard work in concept development and community management and being heavily and centrally involved in from the begining in bringing FPC from zero to the stage it is in today... A sucess... he is now CEO on the basis of that work... and as has the perfect background, experience with an in depth knowledge of the customer wants and needs... and more importantly the future vision necessary to be a CEO...

The jury is not "out" but in... as far as MindArk is concerned... and they are the real investors... and they are not stupid people... that's all the evidence I need.

You, Lava and game boys like you, do not have the the inside track on what all their customers want or expect from FPC or what the future of the market will be... You have absolutely no evidence that they have not listened to or responded appropriately to their customers given all the facts at "their" disposal... and that is common business sense...

another is don't fuck with success... and this is a successful forward thinking business... who is investing millions of dollars to please and meet their current and future customers desires and wishes... and that is obivious... to all... except you... and few others.

Businesses fail all the time because of lack of good business sense.

Good business sense tells to filter the negatives you recieve from your customers into legitimate claims and the just simple whinning of people whom you could never please...

MA/FPC would behoove themselves to listen to input of players that have a vested interest in the success of EU.

This is an interesting line because I don't see people who have a real big time vested interest... like Neverdie Deathifier... believing that MA is a failure or potential failure in meeting the needs of their customers.... And whom should I or others side with in terms of an intimate knowlegde of the dynamics of EU and FPC... you or them... I trust them... Not only because they've put some real money into EU...

"Overall expenditure on the Triple DNA project was approximately 1 million PED.":eek: Deathifier http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/Annual_Report_2008.pdf

But real time and serious effort to support their visions as a productive positive part of this great and sucessful venture... which they beleive is not only only sucessful today but will be in the future...

You can rant and rave at me all you want.... but in reality your argument is with them... and their invested belief that MA is good and decent well run company... I just happen to agree

A company that ignores input from it's customers will soon be without customers. The people know better than a company as to what they want.

The people asked for better graphics, better service and a more sophisticated enivionment and we are getting it... with CE2, totally new state art servers, and a dedicated customer support service... etc etc etc...

The people have asked for more story line and enivronment content and improvements and they are getting it... and I might add... the creation and seperation of FPC with Marco as it's CEO... was is inpart done for that purpose...

The people asked for financial services in game and they are getting it... in the form of their investement in creating new... real... "MA Bank"...

So I suggest you get your head out your past or ass whatever the case may be... to see the future or at least read the annual report...

Last edited:
Well, since I have never, and probably will never get one... yes for sure.

Farmers gamble when they put a crop in.
Drivers gamble each time they get behind a wheel
flying fishing swimming farting.

lifes a gamble.

5000 players buying 300 peds of ammo a week paying decay I think the ATH every now and again is not too much to ask:yay:

Jung

Well.. first of all: farmers don't gamble, the sow, and they know they have a huge chance of profit.
Drivers can avoid accidents by skill
the others... pfff...

but okay, let's assume you are right that life is a gamble.

EU is not life

EU is a way to relax. If I want life, I open the door and step outside. If I want to be entertained, I go to EU (or other places)

No he more than MA's PR guy...
He was
Community Manager and Concept
Development for the Entropia Universe.
Number of shares in company: 4 150
Background: Systems Science education
at Gothenburg’s University. Has worked
with a variety of computer games for
almost 10 years. Has been employed at
MindArk since 2002.

http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/Annual_Report_2008.pdf

After after 7 years of hard work in concept development and community management and being heavily and centrally involved in from the begining in bringing FPC from zero to the stage it is in today... A sucess... he is now CEO on the basis of that work... and as has the perfect background, experience with an in depth knowledge of the customer wants and needs... and more importantly the future vision necessary to be a CEO...

The jury is not "out" but in... as far as MindArk is concerned... and they are the real investors... and they are not stupid people... that's all the evidence I need.

you Lava and game boys like you, do not have the the inside track on what all their customers want or expect from FPC or what the future of the market will be... You have absolutely no evidence that they have not listened to or responded appropriately to their customers given all the facts at "their" disposal... and that is common business sense...

Really, I don't have my foot guards either, something that was said there would BE PLENTY OF for all types of armor. But that is before you were borne into this world.

another is don't fuck with success... and this is a successful forward thinking business... who is investing millions of dollars to please and meet their current and future customers desires and wishes... and that is obivious... to all... except you... and few others.

Now the TRUE colors start to show. Hey I'll let you in on something, your all, isn't as many as you think.

I do agree they are forward looking, they are looking to build a vast universe with many planet partners. And now with FPC is a new body and able to do what is right, they are STARTING to head in that direction for the HERE AND NOW. Like I said, jury IS STILL OUT (MA IS NOT THE JURY). People that have been around for some time, and not biased with a groupie mentality, have seen the YEARS of undelivered hype. Many are skepticle and cynical of what will happen. This is something you just don't understand since you haven't been around long enough, both in EU and IRL.

You know, AIG, Enron, and many other companies were ALL SUCCESSFUL until things were revealed that all wasn't well, and once investigations happend, all wasn't well for A LONG TIME. DON'T ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ. Learn how to read trends and signs more so than what a company publishes. Anyone can distort financial data for their benefit, such as gaining more investments.

People are hopeful and looking to grow the customer base, seems more so than MA/FPC at times since it's people that have been doing the advertising such as GeorgeSkywalker and his Challenge to community

Good business sense tells to filter the negatives you recieve from your customers into legitimate claims and the just simple whinning of people whom you could never please...

Wow you really are young and oblivious. Obviously you have never owned a business or been in management. ALL COMPLAINTS are taken into account. Yes some are frivolous but need to be addressed all the same and NOT IGNORED. You may not be able to meet their wants, but you can make them feel like they do matter and their opinion and suggestions count, because THEY DO. NOT ALL can be pleased, but to ignore a few will cause a backlash because of WORD OF MOUTH - the most effective means of advertising for a company, can really help one, or really hurt one.

This is an interesting line because I don't see people who have a real big time vested interest... like Neverdie Deathifier... believing that MA is a failure or potential failure in meeting the needs of their customers.... And whom should I or others side with in terms of an intimate knowlegde of the dynamics of EU and FPC... you or them... I trust them... Not only because they've put some real money into EU...

"Overall expenditure on the Triple DNA project was approximately 1 million PED.":eek: Deathifier http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/Annual_Report_2008.pdf

But real time and serious effort to support their visions as a productive positive part of this great and sucessful venture... which they beleive is not only only sucessful today but will be in the future...

You can rant and rave at me all you want.... but in reality your argument is with them... and their invested belief that MA is good and decent well run company... I just happen to agree

WE (you, me, everyone else) have no clue as to what they believe. But rest assured major players like those will not be on these forums to voice concerns, but dealing DIRECTLY with a rep at MA/FPC. And I'm sure some things have been said, since TPs were enabled to CND. But there are many other people that have invested in EU. Those with major investments are the minority, and although significant, I would say the combined investments of of all the hangars, malls, shops, LAs, and other types of businesses far outweigh what ND and Deathifier have put in.

The people asked for better graphics, better service and a more sophisticated enivionment and we are getting it... with CE2, totally new state art servers, and a dedicated customer support service... etc etc etc...

The people have asked for more story line and enivronment content and improvements and they are getting it... and I might add... the creation and seperation of FPC with Marco as it's CEO... was is inpart done for that purpose...

The people asked for financial services in game and they are getting it... in the form of their investement in creating new... real... "MA Bank"...

Really?

Like you say to other people making claims. PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Where do you get these facts? From what back dated propaganda site?

True that people DID ASK for more story line, basically TO COMPLETE the many things that were started in the past. Ahh the Egg, Ahh the Orbs, Ahh the Pirates, etc...

I don't recall people asking for better graphics. Most said the current was fine. I do recall people wanting INSTEAD of better graphics that they focus on game play and not the eye candy. Sure graphics DO LOOK good, but other things have been asked for, like GAME BALANCE, LOOT mechanics, FOOT GUARDS, more Mind Essence.

I don't recall people asking for "financial sevices" in game that led to MA Bank. Although I see this as a potential action to FINALLY bring the Cash Card others I've talked with and threads I've read they felt this was just another thing done that had nothing to do with in game play.

So I suggest you get your head out your past or ass whatever the case may be... to see the future or at least read the annual report...

The PAST is what is used to formulate a TRUE evaluation of how a company/person is doing. Grades are not given on what you plan or say you will do. The real world doesn't work like that, only in Brook's.

Back to browsing while logged instead of Guest browsing so my ignore list works and I don't have to see your blather.

Sorry sdragonfire for off-topic.

Sorry CAC for again quoting and subverting your ignore list of certain individual.

Last edited:
Well.. first of all: farmers don't gamble, they sow, and they know they have a huge chance of profit.

You reap what you sow, more than you sow, later than you sow.

Even a bad harvest though it may not cover carrying costs, the return is better than what they put in.

They really need to adjust the Loot, less ATHs and more standard loot, and spread the globals/hofs to make them more unique.

Yes I think ATHs should be done away it. On principle ATHs means that the next one would have to be bigger than the last one. Which means that for every ATH the wealth would be spread thinner and thinner. If I was a noob I would not stick around. Hardly any mobs seem to carry loot.

Not really, (If) once the ATH get high enough a 50k PED loot will only count as a HoF.

Your poll questions suggest that a game with ATHs is gambling. This is a rather tricky way of getting players to vote yes or no. The thread title says nothing about Entropia being a game of chance and it is unfair to imply that a vote of "no" is a vote in support of gambling.

I voted no, because I like having ATHs in Planet Calypso, and I think all players should have an opportunity to get uber loot. I do not want the current loot system to change.

And I do not want to be thought of as being too stupid to see through your tricks.

Simple poll, would you be able to give up ability to ATH if it mean better spread of globals and hofs and general return in general?

edit: I didn't mean for this poll to be biased, was just being comical, lets pretend it just is YES or NO

I voted no just because I enjoy that feeling after killing a mob/crafting an item/droping a bomb/probe, that it could be the "big one"
Thats not to say I don't see both sides as i would put my selfish reasons away if it benefited the game as a whole.

The poll is IF it increased general return, globals etc, so lets try not to debate if it does or not, if ATHs did get taken out:sniffel: that extra ped that used to go to it COULD be put toward general return, globals etc.

Another question that arises is would better return decrease deposits? Well not sure on this it may lower them individually, but it may also bring new regular depositers to the table so not sure overall.

I don't have enough information to vote.

For me to make a decition on a thing like this I need to know amount of total loot, total amount of all globals and hofs, total amount of all ATH during the same period.

I believe ATHs has it's purpose, and the trade off might not be worth it. Maybe splitting up the ATHs would not make any noticeable impact on normal loot and globals.

There was a guy known to comunity as "Taht is for me to know and for you to find out"
I remember him because he was curious a lot ( "Im just curious" thread on MA official forum back in days wen there was one ) after 6 month we got fap on run nerf wich i hated and still hate.
He was big fan for non trapable mobs ( u cant kill mob who eat you and decay your gear )
He liked a lot new mob Artificial Inteligence ( common known to players as mob hp and regen increase )
His long term promisses after so many years shud be full filled already ( yea with new promisses)
He was wery easy "Overhelmed with wishes to postpone..." ( first LG for example)
He liked introduction of skill implants and after disaster chiping did to skill system he explained several big skill nerfs as good for all us in future.
He promised that they are here to stay.
He promised that they will do only PE and nothing else than PE ( Project Entropia and not MA platform or FPC or who know else to drain developer work time and resources)
Vets can remember other promisses form Cyborgs to egg and what not.
He made belive me that avatar development and investment will have ROI one day ( and maybe someone else too )

One of the best answers lately ( VU10 faq) - MA will not cahnge bussiness model in any way. ( so whatewer we discus here do not help )

Now who is Brooklin?

I see no a single reason to change the current system with the ATHs.
I have not experienced any proof that there is a "big lootpool" or that anybody got an ATH without at least losing that sum to the system.
Only thing I allways read is people believing in their loot theories to be the right ones and trying to blame their failures on the system.
Anyone I know that profits of the system, does rarely get any big loot, which I find absolutely correct.
I am social, but surely not social enough to share what I spend in-game with others, just because "they think it is the right way". I share waht I want and not what I am forced to.

And if you think the loot system is a gamble, change your gameplay and stop gambling.

Hell no! message to short Ill say it again.... Hell no!

Nah i like gambling. Holding out for that big winning will keep more people grinding after they are way in the hole, thinking one good hit will pull them out, and that excitement from a big win is great. I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.

:scratch2:
Just like you
Nobody in particular
:cool:

actually dan is well known player with over 600k skills (being the top skilled player ingame) so.... probably not just like you.

Actually overall i think aths should slightly shared out abit. It does seem slightly unbalanced at some points. With some people getting 20k loots multiple times... i mean, one time someone got two 20k hofs, in 24 hours (on atrox).

:scratch2:
Just like you
Nobody in particular
:cool:

actually dan is well known player with over 600k skills (being the top skilled player ingame) so.... probably not just like you.

Sorry he's not... in my book... and it still costs him a token to get on the Subway... and he logs on just like me and everyone else...

Last edited:
Not very nice there....

I noticed you edited your post from :

in a world of 6.5 billion people... Still nobody

Sorry he's not... in my book... and it still costs him a token to get on the Subway... and he logs on just like me and everyone else...

No one's talking about subways - this forum revovles around EU and the people of EU and anything outside it is considered irrelevant... says so in the rules ;)

Anyway on topic...

I must say that I'm very surprised about the current status of the poll. I my self voted yes, partly because I've never had an ATH and partly because I just realised that I've lost $5000 on this game in just one year, I've played for more almost 5 years now and lord know how much money I've lost in total. Granted, I've not always played safe; quite the opposite and I also have the unfortunate habit of coming home drunk to make some questionable investments. However, I have also had periods, especially during SGA, where I've tried to play it safe and still have lost more than most people would accept. I'm not one to complain because I don't win or even brake even. I realise that EU is a game (for most) and thus, one should not expect to play it for free.

So I voted yes, but still... The prospect of hitting the big one is also a part of the game, so I can certainly understand those who voted no.

I've had just 2 hunting HOF's, not of which was significant, and a single interesting item loot, a 65 PED ESI, which is not that significant either, in 5 years...

What I'm thinking is: I a hit that 200k ATH, it probably won't make up for what I've lost and I'd rather make the assumption that that I won't hit it and instead lower the cost of playing.

Wow, that was a lot. I hope someone will read it ;)

voted yes, but not to address better loot. It's the loot distribution that I don't like.

ATH's are very rare maybe one out of 10^6 kills. Therefore spreading ATH's to normal loot will give you 1 PEC more loot. Furthermore, we do not know if ATH's are feeded by players or also by ads.

The problem are not ATH's, the problem is somewhere else but I've voted yes because ATH's do induce flaming and bad mood.

Btw, it was me who got two aths in less than 12 hours: a fungoind and hispidus.
BUT i wish that the loot was more VU 5.4 way: less hofs more globals and minis.

And besides, Brooklyn: have you forgotten that Marco LIED to us 4 times giving us false deadlines for bringing ATM cards back, saying that "we have a contract with a cards' company, we going through last stages in negotiations" again and again, when in fact they were far from having any contract? But knowing the man i dont give a damn about that. What he has really done is treating us like a bunch of outistic 3 year olds, admitting that we won't notice anything. THATs unforgivable.

Last edited:

No it wasnt you - i was actually talking about bait. He got two 20k hofs (20k and 17k - meh) in the space of 24 hours....

But theres proof it happens multiple times.

And besides, Brooklyn: have you forgotten that Marco LIED to us 4 times giving us false deadlines for bringing ATM cards back, saying that "we have a contract with a cards' company, we going through last stages in negotiations" again and again, when in fact they were far from having any contract?

All before her time and therefore hasn't had the opportunity to appreciate those experiences.

And besides, Brooklyn: have you forgotten that Marco LIED to us 4 times giving us false deadlines for bringing ATM cards back, saying that "we have a contract with a cards' company, we going through last stages in negotiations" again and again, when in fact they were far from having any contract?

I do not know about your knowledge of how contracts are done, but actually as long as there is no signature below a contract, it does not exist.
And I know from experience that quite a lot of contracts in the absolutely final stages did not get finalised because of certain really minor things some could not be worked out. Or because somebody thought it would be a wise tactic to bring something completely new to the table to maximize it's profit.
And when it comes to credit card companies and their buisness ethics, I would rather entrust a punk with my Ferrari then them with a coffee mug.
So unless you were part of those buisness discussion, which I doubt, calling somebody a "liar" does not make you repectable.

And besides, Brooklyn: have you forgotten that Marco LIED to us 4 times giving us false deadlines for bringing ATM cards back, saying that "we have a contract with a cards' company, we going through last stages in negotiations" again and again, when in fact they were far from having any contract? But knowing the man i dont give a damn about that. What he has really done is treating us like a bunch of outistic 3 year olds, admitting that we won't notice anything. THATs unforgivable.

As I understand... the problem was that that the bank in question... dropped out out of the contract and so in order to resolve this type of problem in the future, they went and got their own banking license... a first in MMRPG and Virtual worlds... so they can provide the service in a secure ongoing manner themselves... plus offer other services as well... that's called innovative thinking... They also made a point of prioritising the need for their customers to get their money back...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...00817-entropia-universe-cash-card-update.html

which brings us to my point Shew... that customers wanted it... they promised it.... and they are going to provide it...

No one's talking about subways - this forum revovles around EU and the people of EU and anything outside it is considered irrelevant... says so in the rules ;)

To begin wiht I did say log on like everyone else... but for your sensitivites... "When he sweats... his hands don't glow any greener than mine or anyone else's...

Last edited:
As I understand... the problem was that that the bank in question... dropped out out of the contract and so in order to resolve this type of problem in the future, they went and got their own banking license... a first in MMRPG and Virtual worlds... so they can provide the service in a secure ongoing manner themselves... plus offer other services as well... that's called innovative thinking... They also made a point of prioritising the need for their customers to get their money back...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...00817-entropia-universe-cash-card-update.html

which brings us to my point Shew... that customers wanted it... they promised it.... and they are going to provide it...

To begin wiht I did say log on like everyone else... but for your sensitivites... "When he sweats... his hands don't glow any greener than mine or anyone else's...

If a company mentions to its customers that it will get something, why mention it if theres any doubt about the time period it will take to forfill their promises. I mean, theres a whole list of stuff - from cars which was mentioned like 5 years ago... even NeverDie and Deathifier have aspects of their (asteroid/island) that having been missing since they bought it... although was mentioned in the item description.

You really don't understand, or see only what you want.

It's like saying, "well it's a sunny today, so it's been sunny all year." Your view of the past is only what you read, which is not the whole story. And you base your belief about the future forecast on that incomplete history.

You only see the FINAL step in your mentioned issue, not the time up to that point. I saw two years of them saying things like that, the hype told to the public of the card, the card still sold at TT, and the card not working because things were being worked on. That's well and fine that they were working to resolve the issue. But continued delayed delivery is the same as non-delivery in the real world of business. And that is what affects trustworthiness of one's word.

FPC seems to have learned some of those lessons and is attempting to not repeat them, but time will tell. It's hard to break bad business habits, and even harder to regain trust.

It's easy and all well and fine for new people that didn't experience the let downs and have a short sighted view of the history.

But do not patronize those that have been around longer than you and know full well what has happened in the past, and are skeptical at anything mentioned about the future. It only makes you out to be an idiot.

Last edited:
You really don't understand, or see only what you want.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

What I see... is what I always see here... a spoiled bunch of adult children who can't accept that daddy promised them a trip to the park one day and couldn''t or wouln't understand or accept that they couldn't on that day, because it was raining.... and now 5 years years later sitting their shrinks couch or in a MAA* forum with feigned outraged and agonising, with neurotic driven whines of discontent... that their alternate lives were ruined forever... and that nothing good will ever happen again... and no one can be trusted... and want everyone else to know that as well... and demand that they also feel their pain...

Here's the real truth the way I see it... if you can accept it... In one years time the vast, vast, majority of players will be 2 years and under... and will like me not understand, comprehend, care, see the relevence in, or even want hear about any of those issues... except of course on old timers day in PA... Sad but true...

SGA is the begining of a new era... so forgive and forget... after all... we are all still here... in what is an alternative universe with tremedous possiblites...

MAA* MindArk Anonymous or sometimes referred to as Legion's twelve step to the northeast program for better mining...

But do not patronize those that have been around longer than you and know full well what has happened in the past, and are skeptical at anything mentioned about the future. It only makes you out to be an idiot.

Back