PopFuzz's Mining Theorys

Ok I hate to make my first prediction (cause loot was bad)

but I just did a MA109 run for some fun (plus day was pretty good so far)
I hit a higher then expected tt loss

621.23 TT return on 102 unamped ore drops and 102 ma109 drops
1173 TT spent on amps probes and bombs (not including finder decay)

So TT loss was 551.77 peds on the bombs/probes and amps alone

about 52-53% tt return

I am gonna predict that within the next day or two I will have a out of the ordinary hof or series of globals that give me at least a 300 TT profit

Heres a picture of ores and enmats returned for eye candy

I was predicting this too for me - but I got to 2k loss, without any sign of change.

No equalizing hofs, globals, nothing.

But your "prediction" can succed because it was told on EF...

Let me ask you a few questions then, 2K was tt loss or loss with MU? And how much ped cycled for the 2k? If you lost 2000 peds tt on 20K tt cycled then you are in the normal TT loss limits. If you lost 2000 peds TT on 10K cycled then your in a bad loot phase and 80% tt is your expected avg.

I was predicting this too for me - but I got to 2k loss, without any sign of change.

No equalizing hofs, globals, nothing.

But your "prediction" can succed because it was told on EF...

Effects on double bombing can be seen in highly populated areas, for example typo/solis LA in the far NW from oshiri. Dunno how is it now, but back when solis was 300% or more and typo 180+ the area was heavily overmined. I didn`t count the hits, but it most likely was under 20%. Small globals and 100-300 pedders with 103-105 amps were common for ppl.

All in all, i agree with most of the stuff right here.

Except 8 for example - if you are only mining and in similar areas than it doesn`t matter really. In mining you don`t need high tt value loots, you could just get 10 sizeables in a row instead of a 300 pedder.

But on the other hand, if you are mining with big amps and after that run switching to something completely different, than yes, you need your run to be as long as possible to not waste the markup on amps.

Same goes for 7 - if you have an area with similar markups and you use similar amps or you go unamped, than sure, why not. But in many cases they can be different. For example going with MA105s and in the mix dropping unamped bombs and hitting lyst isn`t a good idea.

restoring loot was much bigger then I was predicting :)

Unamped with Max MT2000

Grats! :yay:

restoring loot was much bigger then I was predicting :)

Unamped with Max MT2000

Gratz :)

Isn't better to find a constant way to mine and not fluctuate so much the tools you use? :scratch2:

I've seen many attempts from players to force the system into giving them a payback and most of the attepmts were total failure, every time. Mining and crafting are two areas where it's very easy to get tempted and use the big amps/bp's because they are widely available nowadays.

My point is:
- if I know that I have enough ped to mine only with oa101
- I can easily cover the markup payed on the amp from the ores I get
- The time I spend online, I can mine non stop using the above setup and the available cash, while still having time to sell my loot and search for tools.

Why try from time to time higher, more expensive amps, for which I don't have enough data to use them properly or the markup on them can't be covered by the markup from ores?:scratch2:

I ususaly test levels higher above my current because that's an essential aspect into the the "adapt to changes" part of EU, but the increase is ususaly one level at a time not 7.

If you believe in same overall TT return overtime like I do don't matter if you fluctuate. I don't mind playing big if i only loose to tt and not to MU.

What does matter is your MU return if you can beat your TT return don't matter what you do.

If people spend 20K on oa101s and loose 4000 peds to TT and 5000 peds to MU thats 1000 peds in mu they will never see back.

If someone spends 20K peds on a MA109 run and loose 4000 peds to TT but only 2000 peds to MU means they beat the system by 2000s peds and when system restores tt they will be in profit. (that being said you should still expect ma to take its 5-10% tt cut over time)

My favorite crafting runs is when I spend 2000 peds loose 500 to TT but break even with mu. Means for a sweet day of hunting or mining ahead.

Also for your point on Data that is one thing I have ;) Excell is your best tool. Here is a picture I uploaded of some of my data, I was using it to tell friends about the stupid Lyst nerf during vu 10. I could say it feels like I have more lyst or I could actually look at my data and see it.

I only use 132% mu ma109s on occation for fun in areas I avg 140% or more mu :) You may also noticed I did not use even OA101 area did not support mu.

I adjust amps that work best for the MU in a given area.

Another thing I drop 800-1600 unamped and oa101 drops a day which is crazy boring that its where theory 10 comes in when loots working go and do something more fun. Leave the boring slave choire mining for bad loot phases.

Hope that answers some questions.

Isn't better to find a constant way to mine and not fluctuate so much the tools you use? :scratch2:

I've seen many attempts from players to force the system into giving them a payback and most of the attepmts were total failure, every time. Mining and crafting are two areas where it's very easy to get tempted and use the big amps/bp's because they are widely available nowadays.

My point is:
- The time I spend online, I can mine non stop using the above setup and the available cash, while still having time to sell my loot and search for tools.

Why try from time to time higher, more expensive amps, for which I don't have enough data to use them properly or the markup on them can't be covered by the markup from ores?:scratch2:

I ususaly test levels higher above my current because that's an essential aspect into the the "adapt to changes" part of EU, but the increase is ususaly one level at a time not 7.

If you believe in same overall TT return overtime like I do don't matter if you fluctuate. I don't mind playing big if i only loose to tt and not to MU.

What does matter is your MU return if you can beat your TT return don't matter what you do.

If people spend 20K on oa101s and loose 4000 peds to TT and 5000 peds to MU thats 1000 peds in mu they will never see back.

If someone spends 20K peds on a MA109 run and loose 4000 peds to TT but only 2000 peds to MU means they beat the system by 2000s peds and when system restores tt they will be in profit. (that being said you should still expect ma to take its 5-10% tt cut over time)

My favorite crafting runs is when I spend 2000 peds loose 500 to TT but break even with mu. Means for a sweet day of hunting or mining ahead.

Also for your point on Data that is one thing I have ;) Excell is your best tool. Here is a picture I uploaded of some of my data, I was using it to tell friends about the stupid Lyst nerf during vu 10. I could say it feels like I have more lyst or I could actually look at my data and see it.

I only use 132% mu ma109s on occation for fun in areas I avg 140% or more mu :) You may also noticed I did not use even OA101 area did not support mu.

I adjust amps that work best for the MU in a given area.

Another thing I drop 800-1600 unamped and oa101 drops a day which is crazy boring that its where theory 10 comes in when loots working go and do something more fun. Leave the boring slave choire mining for bad loot phases.

Hope that answers some questions.

Thanks for the information Pop, and nice to see the % rate is about same as when i did my mining blog. :) Gives me hope as you know i been confused about return % for some time since CE2, it's out there somewhere.:D

Seems the OF 105 has taken a hit from what we spoke ingame about, it would be interesting to hear from other 105 users.

I def think of105 was nerfed some begining of vu10 and mining in general was nerfed for a few months. For those who quit mining then things are much better now though of105 still blows when I tested.

Thanks for the information Pop, and nice to see the % rate is about same as when i did my mining blog. :) Gives me hope as you know i been confused about return % for some time since CE2, it's out there somewhere.:D

Seems the OF 105 has taken a hit from what we spoke ingame about, it would be interesting to hear from other 105 users.

I def think of105 was nerfed some begining of vu10 and mining in general was nerfed for a few months. For those who quit mining then things are much better now though of105 still blows when I tested.

I downgraded from tk120 to of105 and my hit rate went up (not saying it's related, just saying ^^ )

Well for me its not so much the hit rate, TT return is pretty consistent between all finders I try. But that thing is a lyst magnet now compared to pre vu 10.

I used of105 exclusively till I was well past mineral sense, I did test others here and there before then and always liked of105 more seemed to hit more often and one test I did long time ago seemed to hit more often but smaller claims with of105 vs the L finder I tried (forget which it was at the time) and at that time I was more concerned with hit rate. So I really don't have much tk120 data or experience so you are prob right :)

I downgraded from tk120 to of105 and my hit rate went up (not saying it's related, just saying ^^ )

Let me ask you a few questions then, 2K was tt loss or loss with MU? And how much ped cycled for the 2k? If you lost 2000 peds tt on 20K tt cycled then you are in the normal TT loss limits. If you lost 2000 peds TT on 10K cycled then your in a bad loot phase and 80% tt is your expected avg.

Cycled around 10k in enmat, 2k loss is with MU (most of Mu is from crystals -200% and dianthus - 180%, so pretty high ones)
TT loss is up to 4k.
Not on cnd lol

Still having 50%-70% tt returns, was sending support case about this too. As I tried to break bad circle I was trying hunting and crafting as well.
No payback and looking at loots no payback in sight too.

gz to tower btw but I dont think it is because of 500 peds loss in 109s runs.

I know that equalizing hofs are often bigger than tt loss, but not as much as your tower showed.
I would say it is mostly because of circled peds+maybe better loot period+ofc, some part of it is "equalizer" of previous 500 ped loss.

But not whole tower for sure

gz once again :)

Wow ok 40% tt loss does sound really bad maybe we can work together to improve it?

Ok a few thoughts and ill use some of my theorys,
Do you do both ore and enmat at same time?
Its my belief that if you don't follow Theory 7 your returns may suffer.

Are you mining with amps or is that unamped?

Are you double bombing?
it is my belief Theory 2 that if your overlap or double bomb your hit trate suffers (and your tt) But theory 3 may lead you to a bigger then normal hof down the road.

Do you mine in long or short runs?
With theory 8 I hear alot of people say there runs are always bad but they tend to only drop 100. longer runs may stabilize your tt return.

As for my tower, the beginning of the month I lost 7K more tt then what I would normally expected and had me very frustrated (you can ask a few of my friends about it) Most likely todays tower is a good chunk of that returning to balance things out. The 500 ped ma109 loss to me was also more a indicator that I would get a better loot within a day or two then the trigger for a huge TT profit for one day. Happens to me alot especially when I play with bigger clicks. I can only guess that the bigger then normal loss maybe helps trigger the uber loot? Not really sure would have to study more.

Theres also a few more theories I think about not listed in this thread one is the statistical frequency of uber loots. I have mentioned that before so ill link to that post
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2199524-post36.html

Basically I believe Uber loots when they show up they normally are 400-6900 times cost of the loot but about 1 in 4 or 5 of those are uber uber 2000 times or more

My last uber uber was 18K ituma last July since then I have had 4 normal uber mulpliers so I was expecting my next uber to be uber uber and it was :)

Durulium stone 1518 PED Thursday, February 11, 2010 16:46
Drone Generation 06 766 PED Tuesday, January 19, 2010 04:07
Zinc stone 1398 PED Tuesday, November 10, 2009 17:07
Frigulite stone 1621 PED Sunday, July 26, 2009 00:51

I also had some uber ped crafting loots but on high cost per click bps so none were uber mulpliers (just 100 times etc)

My other theory on when Ubers show up in loot is what I call rez day theory. So far 80-90% of the avs I interview had an uber uber mulplier within 1-2 months of their first rez day (virtual birthday). Could be coincidence of course. Mine was a 10K magerian Tower 14 days after I turned 1. Now the question is if your second rez day also has a loot bonus for me it seems it did I turn 2 in a week :) Could be the system is designed to return a chunk of your TT cycled around your virtual birthday.

LoL I have 1000 theories lol only question is if I can scientifically prove or disprove them. I will post future predictions when I think an uber is about to trigger again.

Cycled around 10k in enmat, 2k loss is with MU (most of Mu is from crystals -200% and dianthus - 180%, so pretty high ones)
TT loss is up to 4k.
Not on cnd lol

Still having 50%-70% tt returns, was sending support case about this too. As I tried to break bad circle I was trying hunting and crafting as well.
No payback and looking at loots no payback in sight too.

gz to tower btw but I dont think it is because of 500 peds loss in 109s runs.

I know that equalizing hofs are often bigger than tt loss, but not as much as your tower showed.
I would say it is mostly because of circled peds+maybe better loot period+ofc, some part of it is "equalizer" of previous 500 ped loss.

But not whole tower for sure

gz once again :)

Clerification of TT restoring Theory:
Decided to talk about this some more since I am hearing a lot of people saying their TT does not restore etc.

You have to pay attention to your TT return, theres TT that will restore and there is TT you thrown away.

Double Bombing, Droping too Fast and overlapping, doing just one profession at a time all these types of activities may lead to less then perfect TT return. What I mean by that is I may see 90% tt overtime with perfect play, but if I did all those things I may only see 80% tt etc and that slopppy play does not come back at least that is my opinion, but it may in the uber ubers.

Also loosing TT to taxed Las wont come back either.

In hunting defense costs, lag misses, shooting into he air not looting your mob etc also will not get returned.

my tt is around 90% normally (avg out between crappy 80%- tt phases and 90-100% hot phases) and Uber loots bring it up to another 1-5% the rest is lost to slop and MA takes its standard cut.

If your playing perfect and TT return is still really bad, worse then your normal bad days then that is when I think you are saving up TT for restoring later.

Other thing is Loot cycles are long, may take 60K or more cycled between uber loots and I know at least one person who has cycled at least 400-500K since his last uber loot and I know hes frustrated but Im 100% sure something gonna pop soon for him though I have been saying that for 3 months now lol I do spend a little time every day trying to find cause for his loot cause its a outlier.

There is also those who seem to uber uber loot every month for months on end they are the other end of the spectrum.

Id like to study more and figure out why these cases both occur.

My worse cycle was 200K cycled without a uber loot.

Last edited:
Wow ok 40% tt loss does sound really bad maybe we can work together to improve it?

Ok a few thoughts and ill use some of my theorys,
1.) Do you do both ore and enmat at same time?
Its my belief that if you don't follow Theory 7 your returns may suffer.

2.Are you mining with amps or is that unamped?

3.) Are you double bombing?
it is my belief Theory 2 that if your overlap or double bomb your hit trate suffers (and your tt) But theory 3 may lead you to a bigger then normal hof down the road.

4.)Do you mine in long or short runs?
With theory 8 I hear alot of people say there runs are always bad but they tend to only drop 100. longer runs may stabilize your tt return.

1 - just enmat, ore I do hardly often because of very bad returns I had there. But If I do a run - it is ore or enmat

2 - with amps
Was minning more than a year with MA-101, last 3 weeks with MA-102. After such a bad returns I had in last weeks, I went down back to 101s again - didnt helped. Then I tried eMINE EAs as well - also with very bad returns.
For higher amps I simply dont have the budget.
And making 2-3 runs with MA104 or 105 and go bancrupt, doesnt makes any sense for me.

3 - Never was using it.
I believe succes in minning stays on 2 premises(not considering loot period here):
-where u mine - markup
- when u mine - trying to take advantage of global chat as much as possible. It is very easy to find 3-4 claims in a row, even if u bombing like on cnd, when Loot curve is up. This usually lasts only for one minute, two maximum - this is my only overlaping. After 1st nrf Im stopping it and I continue normal - with minimum 25 seconds pause.
Im more known for slow minning - bigger pauses between drops - than overlaping, btw

4 - In last weeks I was minning all days.
Have a lot of time actually. And I tried to use it as much as possible.
From next week it will be not more possible to mine as that much, cause Im going to new job.

Well, I was trying to take advantage of free time I had in past weeks and to generate some nice daily turnover.
To be honest - % returns I got was a nightmare.

Cycled around 10k peds(if not more) and I got one natural XI - resulted in my only global in last weeks (XIII - 50 pedder with MA-102).
Nonsense.

Hrm ok your loots really bad, can you try my way a little cant get worse can it?

I only use oa101 amps 90% of the time and no enmater amp (110% mu is way too much for most aresa), only use bigger when my loots really hot. You have to ignore global chat and others loot means nothing to me at least (if your trying my ways)

I did oa102 for a week last month and lost every run.

What you should try doing is do both professions at once, don't use amps for now rather see you spend the peds doing both professions I too get bad results when I try one.

I carpet bomb when I mine, running I drop a bomb if nrf I wait for finder to close then drop probe repeat these till I hit claim after I extract i run the same direction I was going and count to 25 then start again.

Keep mining the areas that you get good mu on both professions.

Now you got to ignore loot curves, hot phases, good loots in global chat and just drop alternating professions.

What matters is getting your drops in and remember it takes 400 drops each to get in your full cycle.

Mine like this for a few days at least (a few thousands drops each) and let me know if your returns feel better worse and the same.

Since your loot seems weak and yor minign style goes against a few of my theory's im willing to give you 50 peds if you get worse then 75% TT return minimum this way over 3200 drops (I suspect you will get at least 80-85% though). The reason is your testing my theories for me :) And if loot gets better all I need is a thanks ;)

1 - just enmat, ore I do hardly often because of very bad returns I had there. But If I do a run - it is ore or enmat

2 - with amps
Was minning more than a year with MA-101, last 3 weeks with MA-102. After such a bad returns I had in last weeks, I went down back to 101s again - didnt helped. Then I tried eMINE EAs as well - also with very bad returns.
For higher amps I simply dont have the budget.
And making 2-3 runs with MA104 or 105 and go bancrupt, doesnt makes any sense for me.

3 - Never was using it.
I believe succes in minning stays on 2 premises(not considering loot period here):
-where u mine - markup
- when u mine - trying to take advantage of global chat as much as possible. It is very easy to find 3-4 claims in a row, even if u bombing like on cnd, when Loot curve is up. This usually lasts only for one minute, two maximum - this is my only overlaping. After 1st nrf Im stopping it and I continue normal - with minimum 25 seconds pause.
Im more known for slow minning - bigger pauses between drops - than overlaping, btw

4 - In last weeks I was minning all days.
Have a lot of time actually. And I tried to use it as much as possible.
From next week it will be not more possible to mine as that much, cause Im going to new job.

Well, I was trying to take advantage of free time I had in past weeks and to generate some nice daily turnover.
To be honest - % returns I got was a nightmare.

Cycled around 10k peds(if not more) and I got one natural XI - resulted in my only global in last weeks (XIII - 50 pedder with MA-102).
Nonsense.

Mine like this for a few days at least (a few thousands drops each) and let me know if your returns feel better worse and the same.

OK, we got a deal.

I will be minning like u said - both ore - enmat, finder closing - switching to ore/enmat and doing longer runs.

I will post my results here in excell sheet - within a week or two(as I said - my free time will be reduced due to IRL).

I will place lets say 2400 bombs and 2400 probes(400 probes/bombs per run). That is 6 runs - all unamped.

just giving a payback last chance tonite - on cnd, lol. Maybe it is hidden there.
When I return from there I will start testing your theory.

Great, Im really hoping it helps your loot pick up some :)
Also that all sounds perfect to test it.

OK, we got a deal.

I will be minning like u said - both ore - enmat, finder closing - switching to ore/enmat and doing longer runs.

I will post my results here in excell sheet - within a week or two(as I said - my free time will be reduced due to IRL).

I will place lets say 2400 bombs and 2400 probes(400 probes/bombs per run). That is 6 runs - all unamped.

just giving a payback last chance tonite - on cnd, lol. Maybe it is hidden there.
When I return from there I will start testing your theory.

Ok I hate to make my first prediction (cause loot was bad)

but I just did a MA109 run for some fun (plus day was pretty good so far)
I hit a higher then expected tt loss

621.23 TT return on 102 unamped ore drops and 102 ma109 drops
1173 TT spent on amps probes and bombs (not including finder decay)

So TT loss was 551.77 peds on the bombs/probes and amps alone

about 52-53% tt return

I am gonna predict that within the next day or two I will have a out of the ordinary hof or series of globals that give me at least a 300 TT profit

Heres a picture of ores and enmats returned for eye candy

Well going by your theory... I should be expecting about 50k ATH in the coming week since its about how much I put in the loot system in the last month and a half.... LMAO.. j/k :)

BTW, saw your Uber.. Big Gratz :):tower:

I have to generally agree with most of what is said in the op. However there are some variances that I personnaly have noticed. There are also things Id like to comment on to help confirm what is stated.

1st is theory 1 and 2 as they are connected.
Yes 25 to 34 % hit rate seems to be normal IF you are working with gear that is within your skill capabilities. I laugh when people say Im using the 320 and it sux or any tool. Then I see what level they are and find out they are 10 bombs out of sib for it.

Just because MA syays you are able to use the tool DEFINATLY does NOT mean you will be proficiant with it. If you want faster skills by all means use them..if you want stable returns you better drop back a finder or two.

I have noticed that a change has been made since VU 10. There seems to be far less to nearly none of the claims in between major spawns any longer. This is why I will bomb the crap outta smaller areas till I stop getting claims rather then do the straight line bombing I used to.

This has also contributed to having a higher claim to bomb ratio which has put me nearer to the 80-90% tt return range nearly every run Thus making me one of the least globaling miners in the game. So this kind of confirms the catch up or restoring theory 5. As for double bombing I only do that in extremely hot areas with mainly lyst as this is the easiest to pop the global or above avg claim on.

To me chasing rares is like lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills. I mine for all the other stuff in an area with rares as when they do happen its only one nugget and Im not pissing away bunches of ped for a single rock. The rares will come when they come, trying to force them is a losing proposition.

Next out of the theories is about drills and pullers. This is mainly a personal prefrence issue and there are + and - for both thoughts on this. If you are not a working miner and do not want to skill to 70 or higher by all means use the fastest drill you can use. The decay will cycle back to you in little pieces over time.
IF you wish to be a working miner and go as far as you possibly can use tt drills and pullers. More attempts = more chances to get a skill gain. This will be your best bet to unlocking miner later on at level 50 as this "Should" ( I say that lightly as MA will probably nerf mining again due to this entire thread) get you closer naturally skilling mining or drilling faster then the more efficiant finders.

Lastly we come to amps. I have stated many times before amps are for gamblers and those that are poor at math. This is my take from "My" experience when using them. For me I get far less claim to bomb ratio when using amps. On an un amped run I get between 20 to 34 claims every 100 bombs. When I amp and the size amp has ZERO effect on this I get only between 8 and 15 claims per 100 bombs.

Now that alone would not be bad IF the amps did what they say they do. Unfortunately I have had far too many claims level II or III when using amps to believe a single word regarding their use. If an amp is just a multiplier of the claim does this mean that when using a 105 amp and I get a level II lyst that I just created ore that was never there to begin with?
I think not. There fore I no longer bother with them at all other then an extremely rare ocassion I have spare materials and feel like making my own to goof around with. ( usually about 1 maybe 2 times a year at best)

Anyway great post PopFuzz you have brought up many good points and have driven a decent discussion on mining so I will gladly add my efd awards to this thread along with a + rep for the effort to put this info in the forefront.

Very nice post, thanks :)

A little discussion on drillers though just not to confuse people. And this can be tested by anyone. Skills gained drilling has to do alot more with the TT of stones pulled then number of pulls. You will gain more tt in skills pulling out larger TT stones then small TT stones. I did not believe this myself when Soc mates told me this "theory" months ago. But I tested the theory with my RL friends AV (a big noob so I could calculate skill point gain more easily) And I can say in shinook the same amount of TT pulled of durulium gives you alot more Skills in TT then several pulls of Lyst. That being said if you get a 1500 ped uber Durulium you will give you alot more skills then a 1500 ped Lyst. I have not tested if you gain more skills if you use higher decay drillers so that I can't say one way or the other on that.

That being said using faster drillers give you more claims an hour to pull which leads to more total skills gained.

I say test it to see for yourself :)

Next out of the theories is about drills and pullers. This is mainly a personal prefrence issue and there are + and - for both thoughts on this. If you are not a working miner and do not want to skill to 70 or higher by all means use the fastest drill you can use. The decay will cycle back to you in little pieces over time.
IF you wish to be a working miner and go as far as you possibly can use tt drills and pullers. More attempts = more chances to get a skill gain. This will be your best bet to unlocking miner later on at level 50 as this "Should" ( I say that lightly as MA will probably nerf mining again due to this entire thread) get you closer naturally skilling mining or drilling faster then the more efficiant finders.

Oh so we are going to publically share the theories hehe...

should i tell everyone about my 300 nrfs and the result about 4k to 5k drops afterwords ;)

or do i need to do another insane test :laugh:

Effects on double bombing can be seen in highly populated areas, for example typo/solis LA in the far NW from oshiri. Dunno how is it now, but back when solis was 300% or more and typo 180+ the area was heavily overmined. I didn`t count the hits, but it most likely was under 20%. Small globals and 100-300 pedders with 103-105 amps were common for ppl.

All in all, i agree with most of the stuff right here.

Except 8 for example - if you are only mining and in similar areas than it doesn`t matter really. In mining you don`t need high tt value loots, you could just get 10 sizeables in a row instead of a 300 pedder.

But on the other hand, if you are mining with big amps and after that run switching to something completely different, than yes, you need your run to be as long as possible to not waste the markup on amps.

Same goes for 7 - if you have an area with similar markups and you use similar amps or you go unamped, than sure, why not. But in many cases they can be different. For example going with MA105s and in the mix dropping unamped bombs and hitting lyst isn`t a good idea.

I read about many talking about "over mined" areas. I don't think it works that way. Many have said it does or doesn't. What I can say when I do mine i tend to camp the same area or las over and over. Look me up on the tracker it is pretty obvious if "over mining" an area is real i would of been screwed long ago.

My point is:

1. I don't think amps make you money they only increase claim size and amount of materials collected for the life of the finder.

2. Different tools find different things but have little to nothing to do with tt return.

Thats my opinion. Also i don't think pop is trying to "force" anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah out of habit I still double bomb amples and bigger sometimes but really don't think it helps, id prob do just as well or better running 110 meters and bombing then double bombing :)

I've had a few HoFs by double bombing, but these days it doesn't seem to work this way anymore...

Almost every of my latest globs (Incl 1 hof) have become from rebombing.

IMO its worht it

While I do agree with tt balancing, I don't think it's guaranteed.

From January to February, I deposited 60k peds crafting, and at one point was one of the top 4 crafters (possibly top 3, tracker missed several ubers.) At no point was I ever ahead or even even. My biggest loots was one 4k and 2 2k's. One day, my returns were in the 8k range (6 ubers or something like that,) but by that point I was down around 30k. According to tracker, I cycled 260k peds in crafting and got over 1k globals/hofs. Currently my balance is ~1k peds with a recent deposit.

So, according to balancing theory, I am due for a 60k+ loot any day now. :D

edit: Oh, so I do agree that TT balancing works in the "short" term (e.g. you're more likely to get a hit after a miss rather than vice-versa) it's not guaranteed to bring you back to 80%.

Back