Port Atlantis Just Recently Attacked...

AACB

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Frick AACB Frick
I cannot post in the news section or else this would be there, but i wanted to report that Port Atlantic was just flooded by mobs of all kinds! People died without notice, others got a jump on some quick loot. Over all the area was chaos, but should soon be under control. Thanks and have a Great Day!

Pictures of the event:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Someone most likely brought in a mob train, and had a few mates helping with the effort :) Newbs dying everywhere :D

I know what happened, I was there and I took loads of pics

I will upload them soon

Farseeker likes to do that. Bringing 'fresh meat to the market'. He did it last week. :D

Has this happened before?
I've never heard anything about it but I don't want to make a big deal about it if its not rare.

I've seen mobs in PA before but this was atleast a hundred or so.

By the way, no one bought the mobs in, there are many reasons for this:

1. Too many mobs
2. Some mobs there cannot be found near pa
3. I *personally* saw 'A ball of mobs' spawn round the back of the west wall (while pa was loading just as I tped there)

I'm still wondering what happened... :scratch2:

I will try and find out.... ;)

just a mod train I suppose, someone brought them in there (not that hard with these kind of mobs :) )

Nice to see people found it fun thou :silly2:

It wasn't that good, just about 100 mobs killing newbies, bullets flying everywhere and people shouting for help...

Nope, probably the most boring thing ever lol

:)

By the way, no one bought the mobs in, there are many reasons for this:

1. Too many mobs

Not really, I have seen larger mob trains before.

2. Some mobs there cannot be found near pa

Actually this is an argument in support of a mob train. Someone with a reasonable level of agility can drag mobs for many game kilometres and they would pick up a mixed batch if they were collecting a large train.

3. I *personally* saw 'A ball of mobs' spawn round the back of the west wall (while pa was loading just as I tped there)

If you saw them spawn when PA was still loading, then they were probably already there. The graphics were just being a little slow in loading. It happens all the time. ;)

Like Oxide said people, it wasn't a Mob Train.

If you saw them spawn when PA was still loading, then they were probably already there. The graphics were just being a little slow in loading. It happens all the time. ;)

I was there when it happened, completely loaded, and they just spawned randomly.

damn, I just left. Missed the whole thing :mad:

It was not a mob train, all the mobs were "stuck" to the back of tehe west wall, they could NOT have climbed up, you can only get there if you fall!

I suppose that means someone will try to come up with a brand new thoery.

I also have more reasons why it could NOT have been a mob train.

4. There is no way into pa for mobs that I can find, they would instantly be shot... Unless they were able to spawn there

5. No one reported seeing vast amounts of mobs come into pa, they just spawned

6. If they did come from the west (via mob train) how would they pass through the river near the mall? (They would all die)

Anyway, why would some sad group of people gather up 100 or so mobs and produce a mob train to pa, bypassing everything from rivers to newbies to turrets? I don't think anyone would sit down and plan it out, then do it...

Think about it and the truth is obvious, it was either MA or the servers...

Personally, I think it is to do with the storyline, I'm not sure how it could fit in, but its not me who is writing it, so its unpredictable.

As soon as I can get all the pics together I'll shove them on the net so everyone can see the chaos that happened, I have got about 100 pics to upload and copyright... this could take some time....

yes actually ive seen this before it is clearly NOT a mobtrain yourmom and i happened upon a spawn similar to this a while ago http://myspace.com/entropiamovies look for it under simon saves the day it was quite spectacular lol and fun too

It was not a mob train, all the mobs were "stuck" to the back of tehe west wall, they could NOT have climbed up, you can only get there if you fall!

I suppose that means someone will try to come up with a brand new thoery.

I also have more reasons why it could NOT have been a mob train.

4. There is no way into pa for mobs that I can find, they would instantly be shot... Unless they were able to spawn there
5. No one reported seeing vast amounts of mobs come into pa, they just spawned
6. If they did come from the west (via mob train) how would they pass through the river near the mall? (They would all die)

Anyway, why would some sad group of people gather up 100 or so mobs and produce a mob train to pa, bypassing everything from rivers to newbies to turrets? I don't think anyone would sit down and plan it out, then do it...
I think it was just a train, but ofc I can't be sure.

However there's no 'proof' in what you say, since:
4: Turrets only shoot 1 mob every ~5 sec or so... Bring enough of mobs, and the turrets doesn't really matter.

5: You can't trust the graphics when large number of mobs arrive. The lag goes crazy, and mobs seems to 'appear' out of the blue.

6: Mobs can pass the river. Depends how long they are in the water. At some places they don't drown at all.

Not proof... But no proof of a train either ofc, it's just most likely explanation imo. :)

All I can say to that is that you haven't met many people in Entropia yet. :laugh:

Anyway, while this is very entertaining, spontaneous spawns and mob trains are not a new phenomenon.

PA mob spawn - 14th June 07
PA mob spawn - 13th February 07
Feffoids assault Fort Fury - 26th January 07
Mob train at Camp Phoenix - 10th September 06
Maffoid train at Argus - 12th June 06

And here is the big one:
Araneatrox Stalker in Hadesheim - it takes hours to drag the things round the city and through a gap in the turrets. ;)

I doubt it was a train, since we have several people saying they saw the mobs spawn. If a train is brought in, the mobs don't cluster in one group, they scatter around town. This type of spawn happens in PA now and then, it's just MA introducing something different for a bit of fun.

Last time I saw its was just a couple of weeks ago with a big bunch of mobs trying to scale the north wall of the arrivals area. I and a couple of others cleared out the whole spawn (one of which gave me a nice 40 peds or so).

If you still think it was a train, let me tell you this: shortly before this spawn, Zoe the MA Guide hinted to the people nearby that an attack was about to occur. Case closed :)

It would have been alot more fun if it were 100 atroxes, see how long it would take to wipe them out

:yay:

Wouldnt surprise me at all if it was a train, as i have seen it occur several times before.

Note: I edited this post and have removed how it is done. Anyone that matters here already knows how, i dont want anymore noobs reading this and attempting to grow a brain after todays incident described in my other post in this thread :)

Last edited:
i think it would have been more fun if it was like a thousand of the little birdies

i think it would have been more fun if it was like a thousand of the little birdies

Or 100 spiders. Now that would have been fun.:D

:laugh:
Port Atlantis is just chaos these days !!

Check out my movie of the last attack .. ;)

Its exactly like what happened today, they all get piled up against the back of the west wall, how could all the mobs get up there if it were a train.... the answer, they couldn't.

Well done for recording it, something I should have done, but anyway, 110 high res pics is as good as I suppose, shame I didn't manage to capute the spawning part.

hunting and mining tax in atlantis mall still set to 0%. enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: aia
The one today looks like a mob train .. all the screenies I've seen are only about 20-50 red dots on the radar, as opposed to the 300+ in PA the day Guide Simon came & rescued everyone.
Today's just looks like a medium sized mob train.

how could all the mobs get up there if it were a train.... the answer, they couldn't.

Not true .. I've seen exo and trox mob trains where they climb all over each other & stack up 2 or three high ;)

See .. this wasn't even a mob train .. just impatient bulls :D

bullstack.jpg

Sounds like fun sorry that I missed it.:(

Back