Possible inflation of AH

Fommini

Hatchling
Hello there. I am a new player, and have only played this game for about a year or so. On halloween mayham i discovered a guy buying AUD on AH for 100 ped each. The guy buying those deeds only bought from one player, and not others who where selling the same thing.
Today i see this on AH; https://ibb.co/Jr1t5Bt - I dont know if its me, or this AH is just so unregulated that everyone with money and knowledge can manipulate it. I am just curious.

NOTE: I dont know the player buying. It could be a mistake, so this is not a public hate thread. It is just to find out, what is going on.

Thx.

could be anything. Might be market manipulation. Might just be private transaction between players via AUD sell on AH. I know some youtubers have said to do giveaways via AH. They told their viewers to sell something like 1 muscle oil for 100ped. A lucky viewer will have their muscle oil bought by the youtuber. Could be anything really. MA will still get their AH listing Fee in the end :LOL:

Support case is the true solution here.

AUD's are highly liquid compared to other items. But I will sometimes have a player I am buying an item, that is rare or does not have any auction history or very little or many years old since last purchase, put it on the AH for me to buy so that the purchase price is recorded so if I go to sell it somewhre in the future people will have an auction history to base the sale from. Because a lot of players do p2p transactions a lot of items dont get their actuale market value recorded in sales history and this can sometimes lead to newer players taken advantage of if they get an older item with limited history, or a player who bought an item a while ago before loot 2.0 and its value dropped afterwards but there is no auction data to represent the new value.

Correct me if I am wrong but I do not believe this to be market manipulation. I am agreeing to buy Item X for Y ped, but instead of the player selling to me in a person to person trade they sell it for the agreed upon amount via the auction, simple so the sale is recorded.

But there is a lot of janky things going on with the auction. Some players wont budge from the market values, and then there are the accidents where someone sells 1000 deeds for a few ped each and it tanks the market value avg for a month. The system is really outdated and could use an overhaul as well as updating items on the buy orders page so you can find things that are not so common etc.

But the AUD price could be any number of things but it is suspicious.

I completely agree. The market economy could improve, but it won't happen, MA has no interest in you developing your game without paying for it. We can define the current situation as "Cold War", in which MA is more of a spectator who takes dividends from this. If you are in their place, will you make changes, given that the game is made for this purpose. :ROFLMAO:

Regarding the topic .. many people use AH to quickly exchange some peds when they are on different planets, due to the lack of another tool in the game. If you suspect market manipulation, a report is the best solution. MA make good decisions, they seem to have enough experience... :ROFLMAO:

Have you guys noticed how the MU of AUDs started going up like a week before A-team announced on discord that they're sold out?

Example :LOL:

The bad news are that this shits affect this items for long time.

...I dont know if its me, or this AH is just so unregulated that everyone with money and knowledge can manipulate it..

the problem of freedom is - assholes can't babysit themselves to act properly. off with their heads and let the rest eat cake yo!!

#2 - Year, i am aware that there could be a very simple explanation, but i still find it very odd, that AH is so unregulated, that i can find many of these transactions a day atm.

#4. Yes exactly. Very obvious.

#5. Yes exactly. And that is what i am so scared of. When you keep invest in a game, where regulation is missing. I know you cant make money in this game unless you get the correct markup, but still. With a lot of money in the game, you can, with your friends control the whole scheme.

#8. Very good points you offer. And yes, maybe that was they way this deal was put down, but at the same night a guy bought my AUD in a private trade for 89 ped each, on the notion that, when those auctions where the guy paid 100 ped for each deed went throug, the market will skyraise. And it did. At the exact time, those deeds where of the AH, he sold the ones he bought from me for 93 each. On a single night that is. The next day, the market was locked on about 85. I dont know man, it just seems odd.

#9. That is a good point you bring. But is the AH not stucked at the planet you are on? And very good point about mindark.

#10. No i did not know that. It could be that they announced that becouse of the devolpment of AUD, and they just wanted to sell while prize was up. I dont know, but no evidence, only suspicion.

#11. That example could be a clear money laundering case. They guy do not own anything but CLD's. If i where MA, i would check that to, becouse it does not seem like they guy wants to play the game, only invest, which seems wierd.

#12. I dont understand what you meaning, sorry :)

Have you guys noticed how the MU of AUDs started going up like a week before A-team announced on discord that they're sold out?

That is same with AMDs and that is only because select individuals raping mechs etc. And yes, it is done for a purpose.

They learned that you smucks (not you specifically) will go after deeds after the fact in predictable fomo fashion. My whole point of building entropialoot was to shed light on this and have people invest smarter.

That is same with AMDs and that is only because select individuals raping mechs etc. And yes, it is done for a purpose.

I'm not talking about payouts, their MU went up by like 10-15 PED the same week A-team announced that AMDs are sold out. Except the MU on AUDs started going up like 5-6 days prior. Nothing suspicious here. It's not like people were going to dump AMDs (once they're tradable) and put their PED into other shares, who could have predicted this?

The crap that OP is talking about has been going on for years, and not just with deeds, but many other things as well, it's called price manipulation, it's banned by the ToS, yet it's still going on. Maybe we should report these things more often, could this help?

I'm not talking about payouts, their MU went up by like 10-15 PED the same week A-team announced that AMDs are sold out. Except the MU on AUDs started going up like 5-6 days prior. Nothing suspicious here. It's not like people were going to dump AMDs (once they're tradable) and put their PED into other shares, who could have predicted this?

The crap that OP is talking about has been going on for years, and not just with deeds, but many other things as well, it's called price manipulation, it's banned by the ToS, yet it's still going on. Maybe we should report these things more often, could this help?

Who would you report it to? Mindark? They don't answer any tickets of any of my reports then later close it because too much time has passed. They don't care.

Back