PR: Planet Calypso Focuses Story With New Missions

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Over 80 New Missions Now Available

Göteborg, Sweden – April 22, 2010 – First Planet Company, developer and publisher of the largest real money Massively Multiplayer Online Game, announced today 80 new missions were added to the Planet Calypso world in its 2010.2 release. These missions give current players a more story driven experience and allow new players to get used to the planet in a more structured way.

As players make their way through the missions they will find an array of challenges for every level. Many of the missions are hunting challenges arranged by the Calypso Firearms Association to raise awareness of different weapon issues (i.e. safety, control, etc.). These are spread out all over Eudoria and can take a long time to complete earning their victors a hefty skill reward. The biggest of the missions though are centered near the Cyclops volcano near Fort Troy, and in particular the activity of the robots. From a naïve scientist that wants to communicate with the robots on peaceful terms to the corporation Genesis Star that wants to exploit the robots, colonists must discover the secrets of Robots. Missions will vary from hunting missions to exploration and infiltration and puzzle solving. While colonists can still play the game any way they wish to, including not following the missions at all, the risks and rewards make for a fun and compelling new experience.

First Planet Company is the developer and publisher of Planet Calypso, the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world with no monthly subscription costs. Instead, its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download at the games website, www.planetcalypso.com

About First Planet Company
First Planet Company AB is a subsidiary of the MindArk Group. First Planet Company AB develops and markets Planet Calypso, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Entropia Platform, and is part of the Entropia Universe. Set in a distant future, the planet Calypso is home to an expanding human colony struggling with the natural and economic elements involved in establishing their new civilization.

For more information on First Planet Company (FPC) and Planet Calypso please contact us at the numbers above or go to our website at http://www.planetcalypso.com

###

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Sit on my chair and just wait more to come :D

Hmm, is it just me or are the planet calypso links broken?

Â! Â! Â! Â! Â! Â! Â!

awesome :D

Fix your code pages already, Bertha!

Âwêsômê!

Will we receive now smôêrrêbrôêd as mission rewards?

SCNR, have fun!

Âwêsômê!

Will we receive now smôêrrêbrôêd as mission rewards?

SCNR, have fun!

Smørebrød is what they eat in Denmark, we Swedes have our smörgås or where you after our tasty Swedish buffé, the Smörgåsbord?

Smørebrød is what they eat in Denmark, we Swedes have our smörgås or where you after our tasty Swedish buffé, the Smörgåsbord?

My mom's swedish and the only tasty thing I have ever seen coming from Sweden is IKEA.

And you can't eat it :laugh:

Instead of bringing back all the old stuff (Mentoring, pets, beacons, mindforce) they promised to reimplement soon, what do they do?

Focus on the story.

I mean comon, you've been doing this for what, 8 years? And now at this time when you havent even brought back all the old stuff, you start this?

It must be something in the swedish logic i dont get :scratch2:
(No thats not racism, i like them swedes(especially the women)

Hmm... Swedish loanwords in English:
Smörgåsbord - Smorgosbord
Ombudsman - Ombudsman

:D

My mom's swedish and the only tasty thing I have ever seen coming from Sweden is IKEA.

And you can't eat it :laugh:

You can eat AT IKEA ;)

(they have really nice meatballs, at least before, havent tried in some time... oh, and free refills on the drink :yay: and really cheap too :D (at least by swedish standards)

Instead of bringing back all the old stuff (Mentoring, pets, beacons, mindforce) they promised to reimplement soon, what do they do?

Focus on the story.

I mean comon, you've been doing this for what, 8 years? And now at this time when you havent even brought back all the old stuff, you start this?

It must be something in the swedish logic i dont get :scratch2:
(No thats not racism, i like them swedes(especially the women)

It's very logic, MA do all new features like mindforce, FPC can't to anything about that. FPC do the story and the mission because that are their responsiblity and pretty much the thing they can do. So, not strange at all :)

Hmm... Swedish loanwords in English:
Smörgåsbord - Smorgosbord
Ombudsman - Ombudsman

:D

You can eat AT IKEA ;)

(they have really nice meatballs, at least before, havent tried in some time... oh, and free refills on the drink :yay: and really cheap too :D (at least by swedish standards)

Hmmm.. Meatballs

It's very logic, MA do all new features like mindforce, FPC can't to anything about that. FPC do the story and the mission because that are their responsiblity and pretty much the thing they can do. So, not strange at all :)

Exactly, why doesnt MA bring back the old good stufz?

Actually I was just bullshitting.

I know of some things which are actually good and coming from swede land:

Spelling sucks, deal with it:

Peppercokka. (ginger cookies)
Petepanna. (left overs in a big dish, good with ketchup)
Swedemetballsorg. I just made that up, swede meatballs own.

Your swede crepes. (I like to think swedes call them "Crapa!")
Ham thigh in mustard. (I like ot think swedes call them "Hamamustard!")
Elk sausage ("Elekenwustel!"). Unless it's Elf sausage. And that would totally suck.

EDIT: It's offtopic, I know. Sue me.

Reactions: Wed
Marco started with a "noone uses quests, so PE wont use em either"

...now even "the story" (which died long ago) trys to continue through the so called quests.

I feel dizzy...

Marco started with a "noone uses quests, so PE wont use em either"

...now even "the story" (which died long ago) trys to continue through the so called quests.

I feel dizzy...

Well, quests are kind of different. You see quests in other games give you useful items or items of value for the effort spent. In PE, Missions only refer to "the story" as a way to transfer the value on your ped card to MA. See the difference? :D

Seems there was a functional glitch in Bertha's translation/transcribing programming. I made some corrections. Hope it's better now.

I really hope the story will get better soon...

The story sofar doesnt motivate me to shoot even 1 merp...

You cant really pick a side or something or develop something interesting but gain skills like we usualy already do all the time...

I wonder what does the story want to tell us ... I bet anyone in this game has a better story than the ones from the missions.

The first mission was really nice because it was informative and educational.
Now it is just shoot a lot mobs like Mayhem. But it doesnt matter how much mobs I kill , I cant become Iron Man ...
And where is Emma? We cant even go save her :)
If there are like 100 merps surrounding Emma, that will motivate me to shoot them :)
Or Simon has been trapped on a robot ship... that would make a rescue worth awhile
Even space pirates or wastelanders would be nice...

wait .. what .. you mean there's missions !?!?! :eyecrazy: :jawdrop:

:laugh:

who cares about the stories ?!? :scratch:

Why can't you just bring back my heal chip and pet Daikiba Daisy .. she's probably laying dead in storage. :cussing:

Actually I was just bullshitting.

I know of some things which are actually good and coming from swede land:

Spelling sucks, deal with it:

Peppercokka. (ginger cookies)
Petepanna. (left overs in a big dish, good with ketchup)
Swedemetballsorg. I just made that up, swede meatballs own.

Your swede crepes. (I like to think swedes call them "Crapa!")
Ham thigh in mustard. (I like ot think swedes call them "Hamamustard!")
Elk sausage ("Elekenwustel!"). Unless it's Elf sausage. And that would totally suck.

EDIT: It's offtopic, I know. Sue me.

"Pytt i Panna"! It keeps me alive...;)

The missions are a nice distraction from the everyday grind but as a player that is here for fun and doesnt keep alot of stats on mob/global ratio having the mission keeping track is kind of scary.... until now I would just think loot has been bad or im in a bad period but with the quest/mission log I can clearly see that i have killed nearly 950 atrox with a total of 3 globals :(

These missions I see as a "cheap" way of obtaining attribute gains, nothing more nothing less.

Nice of MA to adjust the mobs, well "iron challenge" mobs anyway, to give more yellow messages than ever before. Makes Marco's "less no loot messages" post look like an absolute farce! :rolleyes:

These missions I see as a "cheap" way of obtaining attribute gains, nothing more nothing less.

Nice of MA to adjust the mobs, well "iron challenge" mobs anyway, to give more yellow messages than ever before. Makes Marco's "less no loot messages" post look like an absolute farce! :rolleyes:

To be honest, I do not think they adjusted anything. I'm doing pretty good on Iron challenge mobs.

So weird after talking about what food comes from Sweden, I sit back to watch Jamie Oliver last night and low and behold - it's him visiting Stockholm to try out some swedish specialities... Link to program here for those who are interested... ;)

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamie-does/4od#3066895

Back