Precident for BP Recipe Change?

Coop_

Stalker
I see that enhancer bp recipes were changed to take nova fragments instead of blazars.

Has this happened before, where a bp was changed after it had been crafted for a while? Are no crafters upset by this?

Too new to know about any precedents , but I did read the whole a20x amp series was replaced with the e amp series at one point.

Looks to me like this change is going to make the enhancers a lot cheaper, as it also reduced the number of fragments needed.... so in the long run should be good I guess.

Not as far as I know (I'm not a crafter) but Ore amp lite bp's were added which needed different amounts to the originals.

I've got the feeling this was done because its still a limited market and it's not working out how MA / FPC thought it would. They probably thought we'd all jump at it but we haven't, atleast not to the degree they wanted.

sucks if one bought stuff to make a big crafting run today just to see the bp changed without upfront notice :rolleyes:
(while blazar got rarer now the demand probly goes down even more since tiering consumes less than mass crafting does? so i doubt there would be much profit from reselling stocked blazar...)

yes it has happened before, on the generic texture bp for one.

Don't see the harm in it (in this case) really, if anyone bought a use batch to craft with yesterday, they can resell that same batch with a profit today.

would expect to see blazer frags to drop in price to nothing now, long live the nova frag!

*side note, this mean my blazers frags i put in auction last night probably wont sell :( 3-4 time MA yanked the rug out from under these things

yes..

yes, it has happend a couple of times before... Actually if you read the VU history you can see one time when some massive changes happened several years ago that involved an entire change in the way crafting worked overall!

Not as far as I know (I'm not a crafter) but Ore amp lite bp's were added which needed different amounts to the originals.

I've got the feeling this was done because its still a limited market and it's not working out how MA / FPC thought it would. They probably thought we'd all jump at it but we haven't, atleast not to the degree they wanted.

For sure they are still working at balancing the new system--would have been difficult to get it right from the start.

would expect to see blazer frags to drop in price to nothing now, long live the nova frag!

*side note, this mean my blazers frags i put in auction last night probably wont sell :( 3-4 time MA yanked the rug out from under these things

I can guarantee you that they sold already if you put a buyout. Blazars have doubled at least in price.

What will keep the price from dropping to nothing is that MA fixed the tiering process to give the residue it should have given from the start. Tiering tt items is now a much better way to skill than it was before the fix.

mostly a cosmetic change, they have changed the fragment and diveded the fragment needed with about 10. This way they can make the novas very cheap and make it cheaper to craft enhancers, but at the same time make it possible to find blazers with a higher value.

Story line

Remembering the VU10.6 Content List, from 17DEC2009:

RESETTLEMENT UPDATE

A joint research project on Earth and Calypso has isolated some of the factors of Calypso’s rapid evolution. Called “fragments”, the first practical use of these items is to enhance the performance of equipment.

“Now that we know what to look for”, says RDI spokesperson Randolph Vemlick, “it is actually pretty easy to harvest and use fragments.”

So far, one kind of fragments, Blazar fragments, has been isolated.

Expecting in the near future something like:

RESETTLEMENT UPDATE

The joint research project on Earth and Calypso that has isolated some of the factors of Calypso’s rapid evolution called “fragments” have discovered a new one, that was named nova.

“At first, we thought blazar fragments were unique, but the tests undertaken by our group managed to discover that we were classifying as blazar all kinds of fragments”, says RDI spokesperson Randolph Vemlick, “looking from a distance they all look the same, but with the improved knowledge, we have clearly different fragment types.”

This confusion lead all of us to believe that we were using blazar in the enhancer mafufacture while we were actually using nova fragments, which have a very similar structure. Due to this breakthrough we are now able to differentiate fragments that are used for tiering and for enhancer production.

F

I can guarantee you that they sold already if you put a buyout. Blazars have doubled at least in price.

WHooot!:yay: but booo i could have gotten more!(was at buyout of .013 each)

Generic Leather Texture originally used Advanced Leather Extractors until it was changed to Basic Leather Extractors after a few days. If I remember rightly there was another BP that had the opposite change, must have been one of the mob skins. So that one was attributed to a mix-up when the items were created.

OA-101 and MA-101 recipes both changed when the BPs were removed from the Technician and the Light amps were introduced. I think cost per click was reduced, but I may be wrong :)

mostly a cosmetic change, they have changed the fragment and diveded the fragment needed with about 10. This way they can make the novas very cheap and make it cheaper to craft enhancers, but at the same time make it possible to find blazers with a higher value.

This is a good thing. Enhancers need to be cheap to craft/buy so more people will use them.

Yay I hoarded blazar! :yay:

But I`ll probably still use them for tiering my own items. :rolleyes:

Neither of these fragments are rare.

yes, it has happend a couple of times before... Actually if you read the VU history you can see one time when some massive changes happened several years ago that involved an entire change in the way crafting worked overall!

Not only that, but this was the time when ALL components became useless, and it took many years for them to be implemented again.

OA 101 had another recipe at launch. Something with blau, if I remember correctly and less bombs. That's how blau went to 140% when oa 101 was introduced. Then it was changed in a few months to current day recipe.

It happened befor, as said above.

Another big change was the introduction of textures.
Befor that the skinleathers could be used while crafting clothes directly, with every tailoring BP.

Edit:

Imho this change got more positive effects than negative ones.
I don´t bother that I have horded a some blazars, as I may still use it for tiering up my gear.

I don't craft myself, but I think it would be fair if MA had added an option upon login to convert the Blazars into Novas. Either all in the inventory, half of them, or none.

Noone would have lost on that.

I don't craft myself, but I think it would be fair if MA had added an option upon login to convert the Blazars into Novas. Either all in the inventory, half of them, or none.

Noone would have lost on that.

Blazar fragments are already back down to where they were before Novas were added, and they seem to be continuing to drop toward 1 pec each which is also what they were doing a few days ago.

If the price for Blazars is about the same, the only people who have lost are those that deserve it having jacked the price up to over 3 pec each as soon as the Novas were added, and that's the freaking speculators, manipulators and reseller scum. :cool:

I was thinking about the crafters who needed to use them...

It won't help them to have 10.000 blazar fragments if the thing they craft suddenly use Novas. They have to rebuy them again.

Of course they can also sell the Blazars but it's time consuming and not 100% secure...

Back