Prediction Thread

Alpha Prime

Mature
Society
League of Fair Traders
Alpha Primemover One
Ok Q&A thread officially closed and we are told approx. 2 weeks to reply. Lets have predictions on ACTUAL timeline and how MANY of the major questions will be satisfactorily answered.
My predictions. will be 3 weeks + before any reply
50% of questions answered 25% satisfactorily.
Winner get title of Nostrodamus of Calypso :) lol

They say they need 2 weeks just to answer some questions? :scratch2:

One would assume that someone working on the project should be able to answer 90% of the questions right away since that someone is involved in that project?

My prediction = Same shit, different day...

Seriously though, I predict it will take more that the 14 days promised to get the answers to the questions.

60% of the questions will get a reply along the lines of "we can't tell you that yet / That's not our department that's up to MA."

And the remaining 40% answered will be vague and non committal...

I suspect Marco will use his magic to answer quite a few of the questions in a good way that increases many folk's "approval rating" enough to start depositing more again.. but only time will tell how long that lasts as promises that get made are made to be broken. Honestly, after the "Marco Says" thread, I'm hoping Marco's learned to not make promises that the company can't keep, but only time will tell if that's what happens or not. Just because he's not making promises the company can't keep does NOT mean he should not have any communication with us. That's the biggest problem of the past - lack of communication.. Of course, since FPC|SEE, whatever you want to call it is a planet partner their hands are somewhat tied as MA is who should be answering some good number of the questions asked... but since MA has never given us someone to talk to, Marco will just have to do his best... and maybe encourage MA itself to start communicating with us more in a meaningful way.

I actually hope Marco or someone does a Q and A like this about every other month going fowards to air out the frustrations and ongoing problems before they go on and on til it hits a boiling point as it was before this session... fixing problems and public perceptions/frustrations is an ongoing thing they need to do often, not just annually, or biannually.

I also hope that both MA and SEE come to learn from this whole experience that they need to do more integration with the community. Hanne has mentioned that she's not located near the customer service area that takes support tickets. I'd like to think hopefully some of this is teaching them that maybe they should change that ASAP or have MA hire someone that can make those sort of connections because it's not really acceptable to just put blame on other departments, then let issues go on and on and on and on, continually escalating frustrations and anger with no response other then silence - a silence that just adds to the frustrations and amplifies them as the unanswered questions get answers in the minds of those asking them created by their imaginations as no real answers are ever given - so the issues just get bigger and problems get worse over time with the lack of communication.

Most people willing to spend money to be playing this game are creative, and have highly active imaginations. Leaving creative minds with unanswered questions creates a far worse situation then giving actual factual answers ASAP will because those highly active imaginations will be used to fill in the blanks... which makes the perception of reality of what is going on a much worse situation then it really might be - so the problems just get bigger and bigger every second the creative minds are left without being satisfied by the answers they seek.

Last edited:
Two weeks to answer some questions... how about two days: one day to answer, then sleep and on the second day: do a quick check and post the answers. It's not rocket science.

A lot of questions that were asked were the same questions over and over again. And, I understand. Those are important questions that need answering. Don't waste time compiling a list of all questions. It has already be done by Larkin.

Marco must be a very busy guy. No wonder it takes ages to get the old systems back, with that speed. Two weeks! :eyecrazy:

It's the same thing again... we wait for two weeks and we'll be sad when the 'answers' are finally here. :wise:

Good Points as Always Mastermesh

I frankly am hoping that in this instance Marco/SEE proves us wrong, unlikely but we all like to dream. As far as only MA can answer some questions, my thinking is this. SEE is a customer of MA's, we are customers of SEE's. If SEE wants to retain us as customers then they have to start pushing MA for definitive answers. Just saying it is MA's problem is unacceptable.

I think they'll stick with the 2 week timeframe. There's nothing worse than someone responding to a question, only to realise that they've missed the point or not answered fully.

I'm willing to have a bit of faith in them.

Where is the Q&A thread? Did I miss it somehow?

Bump! Bump!

Two weeks to answer some questions... how about two days: one day to answer, then sleep and on the second day: do a quick check and post the answers. It's not rocket science.

A lot of questions that were asked were the same questions over and over again. And, I understand. Those are important questions that need answering. Don't waste time compiling a list of all questions. It has already be done by Larkin.

Marco must be a very busy guy. No wonder it takes ages to get the old systems back, with that speed. Two weeks! :eyecrazy:

It's the same thing again... we wait for two weeks and we'll be sad when the 'answers' are finally here. :wise:

Indeed, I tried to compile most of the questions in an easy to find and read format. Hopefully FPC at least double checks my thread after they have read through the Q&A thread to see if they have answered all the questions on that list. Not all of the questions are on there (so let me know if I missed some more important ones!)

Where is the Q&A thread? Did I miss it somehow?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?205837-Q-amp-A-Thread-The-Next-Chapter

I'm thinking SEE needs two weeks to answer all the questions or at least look through them because they have to hold a meeting of some sort to sift through them all and pick the most important topics and place them in order of precedence. This in itself would take a week since there were so many replies the thread. After this is accomplished I can only assume that they would send a representative to meet up with MindArc and hash out the details for another week.

Normally that is how I would do things if it came to needing something changed at work or the such, but not two weeks because its not something in depth as Entropia Universe and doesn't have thousands of customers to consider.

Sure they might have messed up in the past (MA/FPC) but with the new acquisition of FPC and Planet Calypso and its subsidiaries by SEE I can see it getting better. At least they were kind enough to ask us for our opinions before proceeding ahead with production. Too many times have I seen MMOs fall because they don't consider the users or in this case "customers".

Just my two PECs about this whole thing :)

-Danimal

My prediction = Same shit, different day...

Seriously though, I predict it will take more that the 14 days promised to get the answers to the questions.

60% of the questions will get a reply along the lines of "we can't tell you that yet / That's not our department that's up to MA."

And the remaining 40% answered will be vague and non committal...

Pretty much yeah, this. We've been around the block a few times with these jokers, eh Noble?

(oh hey-- you forgot the standard crock-of-:bs: answers that'll promise Pie-in-the-sky glorious things coming that'll take your breath away if you survive the shock and awe of their utter brilliance...*heavenly choir in the background*)

My prediction:
- We will get response exactly 2 weeks after thread was closed
- 100% of the major questions will be answered
- as to how satisfactorily well that is very subjective

does it really matter? the biggest question will be this...of all the answers they give us, and things they promise us or hint at, how much will they actually come thru on?

Last year they got 1 out of 5 things done as promised to us, and that was bringing back MF. They failed on beauty, beacons, taming, and LG.

This year will most likely be more bullshit that they THINK we need, but not what we really WANT.

does it really matter? the biggest question will be this...of all the answers they give us, and things they promise us or hint at, how much will they actually come thru on?

Last year they got 1 out of 5 things done as promised to us, and that was bringing back MF. They failed on beauty, beacons, taming, and LG.

This year will most likely be more bullshit that they THINK we need, but not what we really WANT.
odd.. I would have thought LG would be profitable enough to warrant priority reintroduction :scratch2:

Pretty much yeah, this. We've been around the block a few times with these jokers, eh Noble?

(oh hey-- you forgot the standard crock-of-:bs: answers that'll promise Pie-in-the-sky glorious things coming that'll take your breath away if you survive the shock and awe of their utter brilliance...*heavenly choir in the background*)

That is too funny of an answer :) I had to read that a few times over again because I laughed so hard about what you said in the first part of your post :laugh:

~Danimal

I predict in two months we will get a response from them along the lines of

"We are still in process of collating the answers together, and to do this we have employed 20% more bums on seats"

Rgds

Ace

I think today is two weeks. It'd be churlish to expect responses on a weekend so lets see what happens on Monday.

I Win

Prediction: People Will Complain

:beerchug:

Miles

(Seriously, they could respond with an encyclopedic compendium of all things related EU, public and private, along with contractually obligated deadlines to restore all missing systems, the end of no looters, Pulitzer Prize-winning story lines, a 25% increase loot, and give us Mod Faps for Christmas, and I would still win - you know it's true.)

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

Time is running out for a reply to the Q&A FPC (SDS) whoever the frack is running this dog & pony show and we (your paying customers) are waiting to see if you can keep (at least) this promise!

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

Time is running out for a reply to the Q&A FPC (SDS) whoever the frack is running this dog & pony show and we (your paying customers) are waiting to see if you can keep (at least) this promise!

It is the very nature of a forum that newer posts eventually bury older posts, and that allows MA/FPC/SDS/WTF whoever to simply ignore what they don't like or don't want to hear until time eventually buries it under a new pile of whining threads...:wise:

Last edited:
Back