News: Preview of Upcoming Interface Changes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD:

Preview of Upcoming Interface Changes

The sneak-peek of the upcoming interface changes will be split into two parts. The first part features screenshots, and the second a video.

MindArk would like to remind everyone that these previews represent a work-in-progress, and are not the final version of the interface changes. Therefore, we welcome opinions and feedback from the community to help us refine everything.

Feedback can be shared in this on PlanetCalypsoForum.com, or by contacting Community Relations Manager MyAnt on the Entropia Universe Discord: https://discord.gg/9YhKpFaF5C.

The screenshot above displays new HUD elements. At the bottom of the screen there is a new infobar panel that houses icons that previously crowded the screen. We have also included other information there, and compacted it down towards the bottom of the screen to remove it from the normal eye-level view. The small white icons at the bottom left of the bar provide quick access to the most commonly used menus, such as Options, Message Center, and more.

The bottom-middle of the screen shows the new Dashboard, where avatar health, current equipped weapon/tool, ammunition type, and cooldowns are displayed. We have moved the buff icons away from the Dashboard and placed them in the top right corner of the screen to reduce information overload.

The Tracked Missions panel at the top-right has also been improved. Our goal is for it to be as unobtrusive as possible, while maintaining readability and immersion. It can also be fully minimized, if desired.

This screenshot shows the improved Item Information panel, along with the new Inventory panel, featuring more modern, minimalist icons and styles for the windows. We made an effort to employ a color scheme that works well in both daytime and nighttime lighting, so that the windows are always visible and readable. We have also made minor changes to the layouts to improve usability and navigation.

A good example is the new Action Library. This is an improved version of the previous “Action Book” with a more minimalist style and some added features, such as direct keybindings and an improved overview of both keys and actions. All Actions are searchable, to more easily find the action you are looking for. Once an action has been located, it can be directly dragged onto the Action Bar while in edit mode.

The design of Action Bar interface has been made more similar to familiar MMO conventions, with different pages of modifiable actions that can be dragged to the Action Bar, which can also be moved and locked to ensure it is not accidentally altered.

This last screenshot provides a sneak-peek at some of the redesigned panels mentioned earlier, such as Options, Skills, and others. We have added new tabs, buttons, backgrounds, fonts and colors, synthesizing the combined look of the UI to further consolidate the overall look and feel of the interface as a whole.

Disclaimer: This is a work-in progress and not the final version.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting

Ideally put filtering, a text box, as you type, you filter the skills for example, on mission log too, also on options...
At a glance the texts are too small and not very visible - ideally have the option to have smaller or bigger text, consistent thru out the UI.
I like that the panels are consistent.
I Think the text on the mob doesn't look too good atm, too much text shadow or something, maybe put it on a box with a background, black background with 5% opacity.
The inventory icons are not intuitive.
I'm not a fan of the colors - maybe you can pick the theme? As in add more colors and be able to pick one from the options
HOF list - maybe there can also be a few minor adjustments, add monthly, yearly, searchable, maybe filter by mob, planet, item etc. This could lower the need pf players to check el.com.
Statistics? Mobs killed, damage done, tt return, players online, players active 24h/30days/last year.

As a UI developer for the past 12 years, I love the minimalist design and if you can address the readability it will look amazing. Good job so far, looking forward for the video and the actual update!

Last edited:
Thank you! We have been looking forward to this since the original announcement.

Question: Will we still have the option for multiple keyboard layouts?

Last edited:
Please change the weapon icon from a bomb to something else, a gun, sword, or fist? Really there are not many bombs in this game and I just don't like the image. That's my feedback.
Rest looks great - sci-fi looking, fresh, and not too drastic of a change.
Nice!

Interesting

Ideally put filtering, a text box, as you type, you filter the skills for example, on mission log too, also on options...
At a glance the texts are too small and not very visible.
I like the options panels.
I Think the text on the mob doesn't look too good atm, too much text shadow or something, maybe put it on a box with a background, black background with 5% opacity.
The inventory icons are not intuitive.
I'm not a fan of the colors - maybe you can pick the theme? As in add more colors and be able to pick one from the options
HOF list - maybe there can also be a few minor adjustments, add monthly, yearly, searchable, maybe filter by mob, planet, item etc. This could lower the need pf players to check el.com.
Statistics? Mobs killed, damage done, tt return, players online, players active 24h/30days/last year.

As a UI developer for the past 12 years, I love the minimalist design and if you can address the readability it will look amazing. Good job so far, looking forward for the video and the actual update!
OOOhhhh Evey needs glasses :D
On topic: I like the changes. Glad to see modernity as Phil said!

Please change the weapon icon from a bomb to something else, a gun, sword, or fist? Really there are not many bombs in this game and I just don't like the image. That's my feedback.
Nice!
It's a bullet, maybe you need glasses too :D

It's definitely an improvement to what we have now. Although I feel like the UI is practically the same in terms of everything we already have besides how it looks. As Evey said previously some extra features would definitely not go amiss in such an overhaul - better customization features for a screen that many users are staring at for hours per day in addition to filters and options to make interaction less painful.

Even though this is mainly a GUI update, it would be nice with some changes like resizeable windows, at least for inventory.

I'm sure to comment in a few mins.... right off the bat, a couple of lower screen resolutions would be helpful - maybe here - a couple?
Map only two sizes in the future? Why lessen choice, especially when considering other screen resolutions a poor map size choice may be a big annoyance. Radar can be resized and moved in what we have now. After the changes too?
Will you be adding any functionality, such as a chat that shows solo loots, not just in teams? Will the system tab allow you to turn things off, such as vehicle repair messages that can be a pain when an MS pilot etc?
I also don't know how my key settings became !"§$% instead of 12345. Are you aware of this?
Important: will settings be carried over, or are we strongly advised to go through everything before the change, so that we know our settings on all sorts of stuff we almost never change?
I strongly dislike the inventory category icons. I very much hope they don't increase in size in lower resolutions!

Otherwise, if the new GUI requires fewer resources or has improved functionality, then ok I guess. I wonder what others will comment?

Last edited:
Nice!

Ironically, bombs are associated with mining instead.

With that said, I’d like to request a preview when possible of what the mining interfaces will look like in order to give LBML time to prepare for the update.

The coordinates shown already help, so it would just be a matter of seeing: 1. What the claim deed info page looks like with location, depth, etc. 2. The finder interface, namely showing the resource selector (ore, enmatter, treasure), and what is displayed when probes are dropped, resource found, etc. That’s all that’s really needed to update the tool and keep those of us who mine regularly with it not waiting as long for LBML to get updated.

Last edited:
- 4+ colour schemes to choose from (grey, blueish, green, brownish,...)
- scalability of the text pls, especially for 4k resolutions

Can we still move the stuff around our desktop?
Can we have absolute healthbars instead of relative healthbars?

GOOD CHANGES (that are bugfree I hope)

Please make sure the text is scalable and large enough for us older players to read.

Make sure the opacity of the windows doesn't get in the way of usability.

Some of the icons don't look as good as they should (inventory).

First, the pics are a little small to see great detail, but we get the idea. Here's my thoughts

index.php

The tracked missions: Hello no. White w/ blurry overshadow on transparent means impossible to read as is regardless of background. Even your test pic shows the problem.
Just make it like the other interfaces. Like you said, consistency.

index.php

The chat panels: Same thing. The transparency + various font colors = likely to be unreadable in many situations.

index.php

Tab icons, starting from top down:
  • Money: Make it PED, "P" or Entropia "E" logo in coin, not "$"
  • Clothes: Fine
  • Armor: Meh. It's fine, but not loving it.
  • Weapon: I have to agree w/ Davin. The "weapon" icon, while weapon-centric, isn't Entropia-centric. A sword, gun, bullet, something else, please.
  • Gear: That's a hard one. These days, many associate the gear icon w/ "settings".
  • The rest: Other than the folded map icon, I think representing the blueprints, the rest are NOT intuitive. I actually have to look at (or remember) current screenshots of the tabs in order to know what any of those should be. None of them immediately said what you think they should to me
Personal opinion: If the pic doesn't instantly tell a veteran Entropia player what is there, you need a new pic. Newbies will learn, but if you manage to confuse many of us, you should try again.

I'm heavy excited if there is a new loot window :saint: :hammer:

seems easy we do not want transparency, or at least a button Black fixed background.....
useful first ... fancy second
at leasst give us a butto to have it. it is already hard to have sun refles in your face that seems just put there to make things barely visible, tree shadows that randomly move at high speed...

and make a "scale ui" button so we can decide how biug we want buttons and text in chats according with resolution pls

We will not be able to put any icon wherever we want anymore? Please tell me I'm wrong @Ludvig|MindArk

My feedback:
1. I hate those icons, all of them. They suck, please change them.
2. You really need to work on text readability, black/white over transparent grey.... please no.

Everything else looks fine, good job.

It all looks very nice, but I would have to see it live ..... :sneaky:

When exactly should the release be? I mean, the 1st quarter of 2021 is already over a few days ..... :cool::cool:
I'm really excited, so please don't torture me !!! :oops:

Greetz

Freddy

Back