Question: Profit?

Anna Ivanhoe

Provider
Society
Incoming Legends
Anna AI Ivanhoe
Hello everyone. Im curious about this pvp thingy...

Is it possible to profit from locking the rig? I've asked a few people, and they all kinda have diffrent stories... if its possible, what gear would be best to profit there easier? Same thing about pvp zone 4.

I find the following:

1. Go there with full PvP gear and kill all people => loss 50% of the time
2. Go there on busy hours => loss always
3. Go there without gear and lots of patience => profit always
4. Go there medium geared, somewhat patience and some politics => 90% profit

Of course, this is very black and white talking but, that's just really rough said.
It all depends on what happens, lots of trox, or few trox, lots of PK'ers around or just low level players that want to see the rig.

The ones who profit there (if they exist) won't tell you, they don't want you to come and take their business.

The ones who triy to take their business will tell you they profit so that you help them taking the business of the ones who profit.

:)

I doubt you could profit continiously by closing the Rig.
Even with uber skills & gear. You could "Close the Rig" yes, but constant attacks from other avas which cause decay on armor, fap, weapons & ammo burn. Whould easilly take out the peds you earn from the oil spawn.

But certains times when there are low activity, yes you could profit.

Playing smart in pvp4 could make you profit, yes.
(But running around 20min without finding an avatar (other then hulk hunting ;)) makes it quite booring in the long run.)

Last edited:
What if there's a soc. co-operating? wouldn't it be easier then maby?

Ok, so the rig is out of question then, mostly for fun i guess - but pvp 4? As long as u dont have 5- minute fights there u could profit? like ppl who use tango-snipers... mostly just need 1 shot

Some people will stand at rig collecting Oil while their peons ( a bunch of Mid level players who just wanna hang out with the cool Uber at the rig) do the shooting for them. That way, the one collecting the oil only has to shoot sometimes when the shit really hits the fan. Seen this MANY MANY times back at the 9.4 rig.... not gonna mention any names.... Ali G.... :cool:

Some people will stand at rig collecting Oil while their peons ( a bunch of Mid level players who just wanna hang out with the cool Uber at the rig) do the shooting for them. That way, the one collecting the oil only has to shoot sometimes when the shit really hits the fan. Seen this MANY MANY times back at the 9.4 rig.... not gonna mention any names.... Ali G.... :cool:

That could work, yeh...

Ok, so the rig is out of question then, mostly for fun i guess - but pvp 4? As long as u dont have 5- minute fights there u could profit? like ppl who use tango-snipers... mostly just need 1 shot

Yep, tango sniping in pvp3/4 would work. But everytime you get shot in there, you also loose one toxic shot (5ped i think), so you also can loose in there if the zone are full off pvp hunters & no fat miners for example ;)

Yep, tango sniping in pvp3/4 would work. But everytime you get shot in there, you also loose one toxic shot (5ped i think), so you also can loose in there if the zone are full off pvp hunters & no fat miners for example ;)

Okey, sounds cool though... thanks for your answers :)

PvP4 is profitable if you win more than 50% of the time :D

Just try it, I'll be happy to calculate how much ammo you wasted shooting me :)

Playing smart in pvp4 could make you profit, yes.
(But running around 20min without finding an avatar (other then hulk hunting ;)) makes it quite booring in the long run.)

yes you need more patience..far more..
anyway..no constant waste of ammo other than your opponents here and there..which will come back with loot if you defeat them..
L gear will last far longer..been using my L armor for 9 months now..still most parts good for many coming months.. but it would decay down to zero tt at rig in a month..:laugh:

closing a rig? you need geared up pk soc for that.. partly also you need to convince other "oil leeches" that fighting you would have no point and it would go too expensive without real chance for their success..

To really profit...

To really profit from the oil at the rig, don't go in to the pvp zone, and just tap in to the oil reserves outside of there in some vein in another location ;) ... PvP zone isn't the only place in Entropia that you can find oil. It's just the one that most people seek out, so there's lots of dangerous traffic. Learn to mine enmatter yourself and you might be better off.

Is it possible to profit from locking the rig? I've asked a few people, and they all kinda have diffrent stories... if its possible, what gear would be best to profit there easier? Same thing about pvp zone 4.

For the rig: It's possible as long as you are so superior compared to the others there that they don't care to even take up the fight more than once/twice. If you can pretty much 1-shot people every time they enter the radar they'll usually give up sooner or later. It is common for some to keep running back hoping you'll just stop wasting ammo, so if you intend to lock it down it is imperative to show everyone you have no problem wasting ammo. Only when you convince them of that can you actually start making ped. This is usually more costly the first few hours, so to profit you need to lock down for long periods, preferably when few people are online (nights).

For pvp4; yes absolutely. Killing a miner cost next to nothing and can pay very well. As long as you know how to avoid the bigger predators you'll do fine with any gear sufficient to kill miners (that's of course a bit relative).

The ones who profit there (if they exist) won't tell you, they don't want you to come and take their business.

The ones who triy to take their business will tell you they profit so that you help them taking the business of the ones who profit.

:)

Actually the ones who profit there don't care if you come take their business - since they can kill you anyways ;)

if you don't

One time some Ubers let me hang out as long as I promised not to take any oil (and I didn't) I know another guy who thinks it's fun to run down there over and over just to add to their waste. I like to do it as well. I know how much oil really drops no and it's pretty low. If you gotta kill 10-20 people every 30 mins or hour and then split oil with soc mates... forget it. Might make a ped or 2 profit after several hours. I mean if that's what you wanna do I guess go for it.

My opinion is that we should not fight each other. MA is giving us FREE oil. Why should we waste ammo to fight over it. We should share, or just see who is the fastest. Something like that. Only people should fight if they actually can have a good fight. You can tell when someone won't stop getting slaughtered, why keep shooting? My 1.0 hit of damage per shot, hah pathetic.
It sounds like the old rig dropped more oil and may have been worth it. Now it's less oil and quick as hell to get there. 9000 a year... that's not a lot of money for a company to give away. Players spend that much easy per year.

My opinion is that we should not fight each other. MA is giving us FREE oil. Why should we waste ammo to fight over it. We should share, or just see who is the fastest. Something like that. Only people should fight if they actually can have a good fight. You can tell when someone won't stop getting slaughtered, why keep shooting? My 1.0 hit of damage per shot, hah pathetic.
It sounds like the old rig dropped more oil and may have been worth it. Now it's less oil and quick as hell to get there. 9000 a year... that's not a lot of money for a company to give away. Players spend that much easy per year.

I don't think you realize that if there was no shooting, no decay, and everything was peaceful, that oil drops would become non-existant?
The whole buisness model of the rig is that people spend more time shooting and spending on ammo and decay then there is oil out. Therefor MA still profits and noobs still get the idea that they can go take a couple pop shots at people and get their share at the "free" money. The drops are few and far between as is, if there was no money spent there then there would be no drops at all.

I don't think you realize that if there was no shooting, no decay, and everything was peaceful, that oil drops would become non-existant?
The whole buisness model of the rig is that people spend more time shooting and spending on ammo and decay then there is oil out. Therefor MA still profits and noobs still get the idea that they can go take a couple pop shots at people and get their share at the "free" money. The drops are few and far between as is, if there was no money spent there then there would be no drops at all.

You beat me to it, exactly, without decay that the rig produces, MA would probably think twice about continuing the oil production.

if you mean to make ped and come out ahead no way. the cost of gear and skills that these people have that can close the rig. they will never profit off of just the oil.

I'm sure this has already been posted many times before me but to put it in plain and simple terms; No, you can't profit from the oil rig. Hell, you would be lucky to make back 50% of your expenses there. If your really interested the ped needed to be spent on gear and skills is much better used in lootable pvp, at least there is a chance of hitting a nice fat miner in there.

It is common for some to keep running back hoping you'll just stop wasting ammo

Yep :) Notice how easy it is to get from oupost to rig now? Smart move MA, way more decay and ammo spent on defending.

so if you intend to lock it down it is imperative to show everyone you have no problem wasting ammo. Only when you convince them of that can you actually start making ped.

Not convinced. *Yawn* Keep shooting and we'll see who ends up caring :laugh:

Sound advice Akoz and good luck with it Anna,

Peace.

people go there for the oil? :O damn and I thought people came there to get dodge skill :O

I find the following:

1. Go there with full PvP gear and kill all people => loss 50% of the time
2. Go there on busy hours => loss always
3. Go there without gear and lots of patience => profit always
4. Go there medium geared, somewhat patience and some politics => 90% profit

Of course, this is very black and white talking but, that's just really rough said.
It all depends on what happens, lots of trox, or few trox, lots of PK'ers around or just low level players that want to see the rig.

Sounds about right

Just try it, I'll be happy to calculate how much ammo you wasted shooting me :)

LOL dalas :p i haven't fired a shot at you - but i talked to the ones who did.

Whether you fired a shot at me is irrelevant to this thread. I know very well who has been shooting me, and calculate their approximate losses after every death ;)

Conclusion: What a waste of time that is.

waste.. maybe.. but its time spent having fun..

instead of huntig/mining/crafting and cursing over losses:yay:

I profit at the rig, but in a whole different way. I profit by leveling my dodge by running in and getting shot at all the time.

Back