Info: Project going insane on CP (Insane test)

Waheed

Stalker
Society
Ex Cons
Don waheed Johansen
Insanity Test
After this test there will be about 75% chance of me having gone insane... Posibly I might even be insane already since I'm even considering this test...

The baseline:
Hunt CP Dome1 with P5a+a105
Duration: 20k ped ammo.
Goal: Test if Dps really is as importent a factor in eco hunting as assumed.

I will not include skill gain as part of the profit/loss - I will however note down the amount gained in ped value - And after the 20k ped ammo make a post with TT value gained in each of the skilled gained in during these runs.

Gear I will be using:
Gremlin + 5b
Vivo UR125
P5a (L) + a105 (Might buy the UL one from Sbi somewhere in this test, but will still calc as with (L)

Each run will be shown like this:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Cost for run.
Ammo: 176.80ped (Which is 1 full a105 amp)
Amp decay: 43.68ped
Gun decay (TT/Markup): 16.60ped/24.74(149%markup)
Fap decay (TT/Markup):
Armor decay:

Total expense with markup:

Loot on run.
TT value:
Markup value (Only above 105%):
Noticable items:
Globals:

Total loot with markup:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Will make a sumary post after each 10 runs with total loss/gains and posibly skills as well... :)

Will end this test when I:
1. Go insane
2. Lost more than 10k ped (Shouldn't be posible on 20k ped ammo)
3. If it's very very clear after the first few K ped ammo that Dps really does matter :)
4. Done with 20k ped ammo (113 runs 19978.4ped ammo, and I'll consider that close enough)

Last edited:
This post is for me, need somewhere to post links :p

Im in. I must see that going insane :)

I feel slightly sick just thinking about it :laugh:

GL up there.

Good luck

I will be watching :eek:

insane?

what's insane about this?

don't we all use 80k ammo/hunt on cp?

gl

what's insane about this?

don't we all use 80k ammo/hunt on cp?

gl

Try doing it with P5a - I do 300k ammo a day with Lp485, but wanted to test the return with P5a since so many ppl say that Dps are far more importent than Eco now with the new mobs, but I'm not sure I believe that 100%

this seem fun.

GL!

Freddie

i know i'd go insane if i had to shoot 200 ped of ammo through a p5a!

Last edited:
Try doing it with P5a - I do 300k ammo a day with Lp485, but wanted to test the return with P5a since so many ppl say that Dps are far more importent than Eco now with the new mobs, but I'm not sure I believe that 100%

Well, don't forget to add in your increased fap and armor decay costs in the final calculation.. :)
You will more or less have to kill each mob twice compared to what you are used too...

Will be very interesting to see the results

Well, don't forget to add in your increased fap and armor decay costs in the final calculation.. :)

i notice a difference in armour/fap cost just moving between Apis and CB26. i really wouldnt try this, but each to their own.

You will more or less have to kill each mob twice compared to what you are used too...

Will be very interesting to see the results

Which is why I included both armor and fap decay in the total cost for each run :)

I don't think 1x105 will be a long enough run to obtain any decent results. With P5a that's like maybe 40-50 Aurli Weaks? ;) May be an exaggeration, but it's certainly not enough for anything quantifiable, it takes me about an hour and a half to burn 2x105, so i'd think that's gonna take less than an hour, which is going to give you massive variance.

Also, Eco is one thing, but P5a is a bit of a small gun to be hunting on CP, I don't see anything eco about it at all. If you want to do a real eco test you should be using something more powerful than P5a, but still relatively eco, like an HL8. Using P5a on CP as an eco test makes about as much sense as killing Trox with Opalo as an eco test.

ANyway, just my thoughts, gl with your insanity :laugh:

It may be a good idea to track the number of mobs killed, so we can derive a loot/mob, as well.

Would be interesting to see a rough average of cost per mob kill on the P5A and the Apis, just an idea if u really want to go insane :D

If you want to do a real eco test you should be using something more powerful than P5a, but still relatively eco, like an HL8. Using P5a on CP as an eco test makes about as much sense as killing Trox with Opalo as an eco test.

The point isn't that p5a is an eco gun, the point is that its a slow gun.
He wants to test the impact of dps/killspeed for your economy, on high regen mobs, and p5a in dome 1 is probably the most extreme you could try within reason :)

I don't think anyone thinks this will be eco, the question is just, how bad is it? :)

and how much will he be compensated for, on the extreme armor and fap decay he will suffer, will it help his loot?

Yes, please count number of kills too!

The point isn't that p5a is an eco gun, the point is that its a slow gun.
He wants to test the impact of dps/killspeed for your economy, on high regen mobs, and p5a in dome 1 is probably the most extreme you could try within reason :)

I don't think anyone thinks this will be eco, the question is just, how bad is it? :)

and how much will he be compensated for, on the extreme armor and fap decay he will suffer, will it help his loot?

Yes, please count number of kills too!

Ah thanks for that, I misread and thought that it was to test an eco weapon (p5a) vs a dps weapon. I'm hungover. :laugh:

Definately don't think this requires a test, p5a will be a LOT less eco than a high DPS weapon, since you'll get about 50PED armour decay on these runs.

Great test dude ;)

Ah thanks for that, I misread and thought that it was to test an eco weapon (p5a) vs a dps weapon. I'm hungover. :laugh:

Definately don't think this requires a test, p5a will be a LOT less eco than a high DPS weapon, since you'll get about 50PED armour decay on these runs.

Like someone already said, it wasn't a test of eco, it was a test of DPS (Or lack of that) had an impact on loot :)

About armor decay, so far I have below 20ped armor decay per a105, so not as bad, though I usual have same amount of decay on 550ped ammo with Apis... :)

Will have 2 runs ready in a few.

Run 1 and 2 are done - So lets see:

--------------------RUN 001--------------------------
Cost for run.
Fap decay (TT/Markup): 6.02ped/8.73(145%markup)
Armor decay: 18.94ped

Total expense with markup: 264,75ped

Loot on run.
TT value: 318.45ped
Markup value (Only above 105%): 343.17ped
Noticable items: None
Globals: 176ped Aurli Weak

Profit/loss with markup: +78.42ped

--------------------RUN 002--------------------------
Cost for run.
Fap decay (TT/Markup): 5.60/8.12(145%markup)
Armor decay: 19.37ped

Total expense with markup: 272.71ped

Loot on run.
TT value: 233.59ped
Markup value (Only above 105%): 259.29
Noticable items: none
Globals: 59ped kreltin young, 58ped aurli weak

Profit/loss with markup: -13.43

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Total for the first 2 runs +64.99ped

I don't think 1x105 will be a long enough run to obtain any decent results. With P5a that's like maybe 40-50 Aurli Weaks? ;) May be an exaggeration, but it's certainly not enough for anything quantifiable, it takes me about an hour and a half to burn 2x105, so i'd think that's gonna take less than an hour, which is going to give you massive variance.

Also, Eco is one thing, but P5a is a bit of a small gun to be hunting on CP, I don't see anything eco about it at all. If you want to do a real eco test you should be using something more powerful than P5a, but still relatively eco, like an HL8. Using P5a on CP as an eco test makes about as much sense as killing Trox with Opalo as an eco test.

ANyway, just my thoughts, gl with your insanity :laugh:

This is exactly what he's trying to see. If you spend more ammo to kill a mob, do you get more loot. It has nothing to do with killspeed. And what does it matter if he only does 178 ped runs? It's the total 20k ped ammo we gonna get the final result on.

And btw, this test meant I lost my hunting partner:mad:

Are you sure, you know exactly how the lootsystem works:rolleyes:

Good luck man will be fun to follow this :)

And btw, this test meant I lost my hunting partner:mad:

i will hunt with you if first you dance for some peds, byotch! :laugh:

--------------------RUN 003--------------------------
Cost for run.
Fap decay (TT/Markup): 6.37ped/9.24(145%markup)
Armor decay: 18.50ped

Total expense with markup: 272,96ped

Loot on run.
TT value: 177.29ped
Markup value (Only above 105%): 193.92ped
Noticable items: None
Globals: None

Profit/loss with markup: -79.04ped

-------------------------------------------------------------

Total LOSS on 3 hunts = 14.05ped

So far so good, I wont consider a 14ped loss (Without counting skills) on 530.40ped ammo for a bad run - So posibly there is something to more cost = bigger loot... But will see some more runs before making up my mind :)

3 runs must be good enough for today - Will go see if Sodiak wanna play :D

Good luck with this project, i'll be watching this thread :).

Are you sure, you know exactly how the lootsystem works:rolleyes:

I never said anything about loot, it's about the decay. Granted if you have lots of evade it won't be so bad, but i've hunted on CP with Korss/P5a (pre-regennerf), and all i'm saying is decay will be the killer beause you're standing in front of the mob for so long.

Not taking a stab at the experiment, i'm looking forward to the results, just trying to add some conversation into it as I kind of thought that was the point of these 'project' posts. :rolleyes:

Armor decay wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...
And loot looks pretty good so far.

Keep it up :)

How many do you kill in a run? would be nice to be able to compare the avg cost / mob with that of the Apis.

Back