Pros vs. Cons of New Mindforce System

What do you think of the Reintroduction of the Mindforce system?

• Total voters

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
Pro: Mindforce stuff is back! yaaay!
Pro: New Mindforce tab in inventory!
Pro: The visual effects of Mindforce stuff looks cooler than ever
(whooptee freakin doo)
Pro: There's new Cold attack chips
Pro: There's new Area of Effect chips

Con: Everyone had to pay 2 ped to re-insert implants!
(reimbursement on the way from MA)
Con: No more cool bubble-hands, fire-hands, etc. for dancing
Con: Now you get sweat as hunting loot?!
Blazars and Novas were bad enough!
Con: Some Implants are kinda worthless now for no good reason!
Con: Many stats of chips are altered! (Some good changes, some bad)
Con: You can no longer heal or switch to weapons while teleporting
Con: You can no longer run while using Heal chips or heal's diminished
(not really a big deal if you think about it)
Con: Now mindforce attacks travel through the air rather then hit instantly like a gun (like they used to)

Pro/Con: ME increments x 100 for apparently no good reason
Pro/Con: Focus (now "Sync") is time-based instead of layered effect
Pro/Con: Power Catalyst skill unlocked for people who didn't earn it
Pro/Con: Synthetic ME in the TT for Mindforce attack chips!
Pro/Con: Attack chips now have "Cooldown" rather than Charge up!
(eliminates the "double-tap" MF-Gun attacks)

Any thoughts/additions to the list? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just remember every time a new "feature' is added it's a bug to someone else... If they removed the warmup phase for attack chips, that's awesome! Wonder if it makes chips comparable to SIB weapons in damage/pec now?

If they removed the warmup phase for attack chips, that's awesome! Wonder if it makes chips comparable to SIB weapons in damage/pec now?
it's sort of backwards now, you attack first and then it has a cooldown period before you can use Mindforce attacks again...

I'd say that's a Pro, since according to MA/FPC...
During cooldown time for one Mindforce chip, no chip in the same Chip Cooldown Group can be used. During the cooldown period it is still possible to unequip the chip and use other tools or chips that are not included in the same cooldown group.
(unconfirmed)... sounds to me like the old "Mindforce Blast to Gun Fire" double-attack move still works, only now there's no charge up time before-hand for the Mindforce!

This combo will be interesting in PvP, especially with big Cold chips since there's not much protection against that and now no charge-up!

Last edited:
how about, everyone got power catalyst for free.. the once that skilled up for it one day long ago.. aaaah well fuck them, they paid us allready so what are they gonna do, we just let the "noobs" crash another skill markup & they can get pissed off a bit more :laugh:

Con: Now I will get sweat as hunting loot?!
Con: Focus (now "Synchronization") is time-based instead of layered effect
Con: Some Implants are kinda worthless now for no good reason!
Con: ME increments multiplied by 100 for no good reason

yh the sweat is really low... I mean why change the sweating process & give us tools to do it? Why not have very "old" sweat dilute & go stale :D?

Personally I think the time based synch is very gd. maybe not outside of swamp camp thou. I mean if it were before this comeback it used to be 9 focuses on level2 chip and now u can very easily get hit 9times in less than a minute at camp so that wud not be usefull compared to now :D. I say Pro ;).

Yh someone said on ef about people buying up BD implants me included before knowing what MA wud do with them.. thou on the plus said the mu has almost doubled since I got mine :D "Pro".

The times 100... :( yh it sucks... nothing else to add there. But I guess the eco said of MF now more than balances it out.

~Mark~ & my two pecs

Last edited:
Clearly this thread belonged in the MindForce section, not General Discussion. Thread moved. Please try to find appropriate sections for threads and not just use GD. Thank you.

Personally I think the time based synch is very gd. maybe not outside of swamp camp thou. I mean if it were before this comeback it used to be 9 focuses on level2 chip and now u can very easily get hit 9times in less than a minute at camp so that wud be usefull compared to now :D. I say Pro ;).

Yh someone said on ef about people buying up BD implants me included before knowing what MA wud do with them.. thou on the plus said the mu has almost doubled since I got mine :D "Pro".
Time Based Sync: I guess in certain situations it can help to be time-based...
But I'd prefer it to be as the old system was, where I can charge up and run around all day with it, having it be used up only as needed! Now it's more likely to be wasted, not to mention how often you'll need to apply as it's just gonna run out!

EDIT: The big chips have big time, but the little chips (which more players have) have short time... kind of a toss up, it's a pretty decent stretch of time for the cost I guess

Implants: As far as I can tell, a lot of implants are just useless now, and price is likely to fall on most of them in time! give it a minute :silly2:
Clearly this thread belonged in the MindForce section, not General Discussion. Thread moved. Please try to find appropriate sections for threads and not just use GD. Thank you.

ah, thanks, didn't find that section, muh bad! :ahh:

Last edited:
I can't wait... downloading now. I'm desperate to get to use MF again :yay:

Healing chip ( powerfull ) badly nerfed - range is now 18 instead 35 as before.
Resurection chip badly nerfed - 2 tryes /minute instead 5 as before.
Pirotropy chip badly nerfed - 5 shots / minute instead 11 as before + double time recharge called cool down.
Focus chip nerfed on charge time.
psychotropy chip ( powerful ) badly nerfed - it use 1900 ME instead of 9 as before - shud be 900 now if multiplied with 100.
Dont know if other chips got new amount of ME usage, for my nerve blast i have old pic and dont care if now ME is from TT is still double amount of ammo needed.
We still need to use sweat gun to use our mind and sweat.
We waited years for chips lvl 9 and 10 wich newer droped and we will hardly see any good chip in new wersion too - except L shit.

psychotropy chip ( powerful ) badly nerfed - it use 1900 ME instead of 9 as before - shud be 900 now if multiplied with 100.
Dont know if other chips got new amount of ME usage, for my nerve blast i have old pic and dont care if now ME is from TT is still double amount of ammo needed.

Dan,

How much does the chip decay now? Maybe they adjusted it to use more ME but decay less each use, so that you can use it longer before repair?

Worth checking, anyway.

I wish I could test it...and form an opinion :|

Con: ME increments multiplied by 100 for no good reason
I thought that was obvious. It's the same reason they inflated ammo: so there is finer granularity possible in item stats. Previously it was impossible to make a weapon that did 7 damage and didn't decay almost 1 pec/shot, which isn't very useful for a noob gun with low tt. Now, a gun could drop that decays 0.01 pec/shot and does 7 damage.

Same goes for ME. It gives them a chance to balance items more exactly in the decay vs. ME usage.

The jaded ones will note this makes balancing items easier, along with the new naming system: just add a new number to the end of the name, multiply the decay, ME use, and damage by some factor, and drop it in at the next VU. Et voila! Brainless item creation.

Con: Power Catalyst skill unlocked for people who didn't earn it

I can see this being frustrating but it seems almost certain there will be new high level locks now.

Just look at ME now: because MA/FPC started with a less completed system, they could really open things up when they re-implemented it. The best chips before are now just mid-level chips--imagine the possibilities of high-end MF chips... :eyecrazy:

I thought that was obvious. It's the same reason they inflated ammo:...
I figured they inflated ammo to accommodate the enhancers' addition to ammo usage...
I didn't look if Mindforce chips can be enhanced, because that would make sense to change it if they could I guess... if not it seems pointless to change it like they did the ammo, people aren't going to make less than 100 ME with 1 sweat and 1 nexus :silly2:

EDIT: They can't be enhanced!... too bad!

I'd say enhancers on Mindforce chips would be a pro? :scratch2:
(maybe a con in some aspects... maybe a bit of both)

EDIT: hopped in game, looked at my ME... 127820
I haven't even used any since the update, so I guess it's been using little increments even before this update made them measurable...
Should I switch it to Pro, since now we can see each tiny trace of our ME being used up? lol

I can see this being frustrating but it seems almost certain there will be new high level locks now.

Just look at ME now: because MA/FPC started with a less completed system, they could really open things up when they re-implemented it. The best chips before are now just mid-level chips--imagine the possibilities of high-end MF chips... :eyecrazy:
sounds like a Con for the people who own those big expensive chips ;)
(and for the people who can't afford the "high-end" possibilities)

sounds like this is all best for MA/FPC and not for the people :scratch2:

Last edited:
Con: Everyone has to pay 2 ped to re-insert implants!
Con: Now I will get sweat as hunting loot?!

now i've come back from the pub, so so havent absorbed everything, but WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT MA :confused:

why do i have to pay for what i already paid for? why are you giving me trivial no value loot? how am i supposed to take this game seriously?

i was talking to a couple of people tonight about EU, and i couldnt recommend them to sign up, how can i tell people to join this?
:banghead: :bomb:

The best chips before were always just mid-level at best. Mindforce was always lacking anything high end.

Pirotropy chip badly nerfed - 5 shots / minute instead 11 as before + double time recharge called cool down.
We waited years for chips lvl 9 and 10 wich newer droped and we will hardly see any good chip in new wersion too - except L shit.

I have yet to try my Pyrotropy chip since I keep getting the stupid internal error message :grumble: now I am worried about the above tweaks.............the more this crap happens the more I think of other things to do MA better start getting a handle on this downward spiral.

I figured they inflated ammo to accommodate the enhancers' addition to ammo usage...

Same idea, though. The point is that they either had to introduce fractional ammo consumption or inflate the ammo. As floating points are expensive and would probably be messy in this context, they did the latter.

sounds like a Con for the people who own those big expensive chips ;)
(and for the people who can't afford the "high-end" possibilities)

How is it a con? The owners still have the best UL MF chips...they just became more eco to use (AFAIK). Saying it's a con for those who can't afford them is just silly...before they existed, they couldn't afford them, either. How is it a pro or con? :laugh:

This only becomes a con if MA floods the market with new UL higher-level chips. They've got a chance to do right what they screwed up with the SIB weapons. We'll see.

sounds like this is all best for MA/FPC and not for the people :scratch2:

Ideally it's always a benefit for MA/FPC. If it wasn't they'd be doing a really poor job as a company. Doesn't mean it has to mean immediate profit, though. So far the MF update seems to be rather balanced (rather than a money grab).

now i've come back from the pub, so so havent absorbed everything, but WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT MA :confused:

why do i have to pay for what i already paid for? why are you giving me trivial no value loot? how am i supposed to take this game seriously?

i was talking to a couple of people tonight about EU, and i couldnt recommend them to sign up, how can i tell people to join this?
:banghead: :bomb:

Heheh Ari is an angry drunk. Who knew?

I have yet to try my Pyrotropy chip since I keep getting the stupid internal error message :grumble: now I am worried about the above tweaks.............the more this crap happens the more I think of other things to do MA better start getting a handle on this downward spiral.
Summary:
NB good, pyro bad (well, the same)

How is it a con? The owners still have the best UL MF chips...they just became more eco to use (AFAIK). Saying it's a con for those who can't afford them is just silly...before they existed, they couldn't afford them, either. How is it a pro or con? :laugh:

This only becomes a con if MA floods the market with new UL higher-level chips. They've got a chance to do right what they screwed up with the SIB weapons. We'll see.
We waited years for chips lvl 9 and 10 which never dropped and we will hardly see any good chip in new version too - except L shit.
stuff like that is how it's a con! ;)

Summary:
NB good, pyro bad (well, the same)

lol yeah :rolleyes:

Finally got to sign in and try it........cool animation slow as ever but I only used it as a tagger so no biggie unless they killed the range I forgot to look :laugh:

The best chips before were always just mid-level at best. Mindforce was always lacking anything high end.

That's as good an interpretation as any. Pop in to the thread about the Bd implant and tell them that. :laugh:

stuff like that is how it's a con! ;)

I didn't say anything about changes to the existing chips... The point was they remain the best UL chips in game, and with similar (but apparently not identical) capabilities and better eco in many cases.

Pro: Attack chips now have "Cooldown" rather than Charge up!

I say con, for so long the best way to drop somebody was to chain firestorm with a doa click. with less then half a sec in between the two clicks people did not even have time to see it and even I was able to drop almost anyone the first go.

I say con, for so long the best way to drop somebody was to chain firestorm with a doa click. with less then half a sec in between the two clicks people did not even have time to see it and even I was able to drop almost anyone the first go.
yeah, you're right, it's a Con!...
(updated list)

I thought it was a Pro because I thought that still works, but unfortunately it doesn't! :(

If it did, it would be great because you wouldn't have to charge it up before hand, you could just pull that nasty little combo out of your ass on the fly! :laugh:

During cooldown time for one Mindforce chip, no chip in the same Chip Cooldown Group can be used. During the cooldown period it is still possible to unequip the chip and use other tools or chips that are not included in the same cooldown group.

I guess weapons are in the same cooldown group

Last edited:
Potent Heal Chip from 35 metres to 14 metres

Nice work MA, im trying to remain positive but fuck me your taking the piss!!

Pro:
Attack chips are not maxed at lvl 100 anymore. My lvl 3-4 gen 1 chips are maxed at lvl 15-20. It's cool.

Back