PvP Advice

xillonz

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Salix Sol Maximus
Hi pkers. Currently a nondepositor, just been participating in/running events for entertainment. I don't like hunting/mining/crafting, so don't really want to pay money to become skilled in those professions for the purpose of being able to do more of the same. However I quite enjoy PvP. And so considering skilling up for the express purpose of being a pker. Just looking for advice. What weapons should I skill, how long (and how much) will it take before I can (within reason) look after myself in lootable pvp, anything else I really should know before I start spending money on it?

Cheers. :)

If your talking about lootable PVP, all you need is a long range rifle, the bigger the range the better.

I'd suggest a Marber Foxtrot ME and a set of vigi + 6a

still

and skills to do enough damage, maybe a good fap too

also you will still have no chance against ubers

as for how long, it really depends on how often you play and how much you deposit

That was my same frame of mind for myself a while back. I realized that the cost/risk just wasn't worth the possible rewards (for me, anyway).
Your choices are basically either:
a) make a serious deposit just for a good pvp gun (kinda depends on the stats, at least several k ped I think).
b) skill up quite a bit either in laser or blp t by hunting over, and over, and over..... ;)

Then you need to either hire somebody to fap you in pvp, or skill up your medic skills. You also need to invest in some armor and plates...

Thanks for the replies.

Hmmm yeah, does seem to be an expensive path to take. Damn MA for making the only mildly fun activity in this game ridiculously expensive. :mad:

I am not very fund of MA myself lately but that is a BS argument I must say.
It is like flaming your boss about you not being able to get that super car.
You can do PK on a nice budget, vigi is cheap as hell, martial as well. Get a apis with (L) amp or something and go wild in PVP.

I am sure you will be able to get a few kills with that

And if you cant afford it, that is just too bad for you, do not whine about not making enough money irl
Complain about issues not whine about sitiuations
GL on pvp, I think it pwns :)

I am not very fund of MA myself lately but that is a BS argument I must say.
It is like flaming your boss about you not being able to get that super car.
You can do PK on a nice budget, vigi is cheap as hell, martial as well. Get a apis with (L) amp or something and go wild in PVP.

I am sure you will be able to get a few kills with that

And if you cant afford it, that is just too bad for you, do not whine about not making enough money irl
Complain about issues not whine about sitiuations
GL on pvp, I think it pwns :)

Lol, of course by saying that, I'm not actually upset at MA. Just wishing that I could have fun in this game with huge potential without spending far more than I would on other games/mmos.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definately think about it. Though, now the challenge seem to be, can I become a successful pker without depositing?

Lol, of course by saying that, I'm not actually upset at MA. Just wishing that I could have fun in this game with huge potential without spending far more than I would on other games/mmos.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definately think about it. Though, now the challenge seem to be, can I become a successful pker without depositing?

you dont have to spend more than on other mmo´s , just depo 15$ a month and go hunt with laser rifle , then when you are skilled enough to use lr59 you are ready for pk.

it will take time , and your fellow entropians also spent alot of time in eu to be where they are today skill and gearwise , why should you be any different?

work your way up , thats what eu is all about.

cheers and good luck.

ermik

stop fighting... it would be better if MA would introduce some PK gear i mean special weapons whit high dmg (that make dmg just on avatars) and special close (so u can have ur armor on aswle) tht protect that pk gun dmg type.

and all that in a few lvl.

add a pk skill that inkrease by shoting avatars... that would be nice :)

but its nt hte place to whish... so forget all :)

As u see today to be a pk er u need skill... and money :) so gl

It's not ridiculously expensive.

If you think it is, then you don't understand this game. What you are requesting is something for nothing. You neither want to put the time or the effort in required to be a pker. Which probably would mean as soon as you got killed a few times and lost 100ped worth of toxic shots, you'd quit anyway.

stop fighting... it would be better if MA would introduce some PK gear i mean special weapons whit high dmg (that make dmg just on avatars) and special close (so u can have ur armor on aswle) tht protect that pk gun dmg type.

and all that in a few lvl.

add a pk skill that inkrease by shoting avatars... that would be nice :)

but its nt hte place to whish... so forget all :)

As u see today to be a pk er u need skill... and money :) so gl

If there were an item for pk that could kill very easily, and was low level...it's never going to be cheap, and would devalue everything else pkrelated if it was widely available.

This itemk already exists. SKildek Pulverizer, Vumpoor Obliterator, Manuari rifles.

But pk wannabes aren't prepared pay for them.

Uhh I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was just reiterating the suggestion that was made within the first few posts - namely that it is rather expensive. Whether this is the case or not is certainly something I have not made a stance about. You've made several comments regarding my future attitude about pking which I think are unfounded, but I don't think there is any need to go into that.

Hearing these different views is exactly why I posted this thread, cheers for your thoughts.

If there were an item for pk that could kill very easily, and was low level...it's never going to be cheap, and would devalue everything else pkrelated if it was widely available.

This itemk already exists. SKildek Pulverizer, Vumpoor Obliterator, Manuari rifles.

But pk wannabes aren't prepared pay for them.

i know that MA will not change anything about this. but today if u whana be a top pk er u need to be a top skilled player, admit taht if u dont have hp, skill and gear u cant fight every one.

But whit what i wrote... f some1 dont whana hunt mine or craft , would be something interesting to skill his PK related skill and get his lvl up to use pk gear...
today u hunt mobs too be skilled to kill other player :) so its not cheap

i know that MA will not change anything about this. but today if u whana be a top pk er u need to be a top skilled player, admit taht if u dont have hp, skill and gear u cant fight every one.

But whit what i wrote... f some1 dont whana hunt mine or craft , would be something interesting to skill his PK related skill and get his lvl up to use pk gear...
today u hunt mobs too be skilled to kill other player :) so its not cheap

I think members of DD/DDr/DDx would strongly disagree that you need to be a hunter to be a good pker

Uhh I think there's been a misunderstanding. I was just reiterating the suggestion that was made within the first few posts - namely that it is rather expensive.
Fair enough, but if your reiterate something I assume it means you are endorsing it,

so don't really want to pay money to become skilled in those professions for the purpose of being able to do more of the same.

Maybe i misread interpreted that by inferring your attitudefrom comments in later posts.

Anyway Maxing an Lr59 is pretty achievable, and you can whack a high powered amp on it. If you were serious, you could max that before the end of the year without chipping, dependant on your skills now.

Last edited:
I think members of DD/DDr/DDx would strongly disagree that you need to be a hunter to be a good pker

Fair enough, but if your reiterate something I assume it means you are endorsing it,

Maybe i misread interpreted that by inferring your attitudefrom comments in later posts.

Anyway Maxing an Lr59 is pretty achievable, and you can whack a high powered amp on it. If you were serious, you could max that before the end of the year without chipping, dependant on your skills now.

Oh I just meant that I don't want to skill hunting for the purpose of being able to do more hunting. That is, the reason I would hunt a lot, is to improve my chances at PvP, since PvP is what I find enjoyable, and hunting is not.

Hmmm I'll see what I can do by the end of the year, not sure how much I will deposit (or rather, how much of my deposits will go towards skilling as I have other ped demanding projects going on).

I might post in here if I meet a milestone on my way to becoming a pker.

It doesn't need to be ridiculously expensive, but surely difficult to do without depositing, at least at first.

It costs 5 ped only to be able to enter lootable pvp, and if you get killed, you'll have to put out another 5 ped to enter.

Vigilante armor + 6A plates, not sure what it would cost but somewhere between 600-800 peds?

To begin with, a nice long range gun is Marber Bravo-Type Plasma Annihilator, will set you back 350-400 peds or so.

And if you wish to go close range, and don't have any skills, a cheaper non-(L) laser carbine might be played around with, like A3 Justifier MK II for 50-100 peds or so, and an (L) amp to increase the damage - then you have some chance at inflicting up to some 60-ish damage, crits not included.

And a fap would be useful too.

Expect to get killed a lot though ;)

Last edited:
Immortal is right (as usual)..

However can i recommend that you search one of the many PVP guides already written.

Recommend searching EU PVP beginners guide by Letum (omfg did i just recommend that) which include tactics, armour reqs, skills (and chipping ideas) aswell as covering all weapons including L kit.

I also recommend staying away from nonL kit as without skills you will do minimal dmg.

Skill laser rifle on drones/warriors and other mobs that give dodge and laser rifle skills until you can handle lr59+ this should keep costs relatively low while gaining key skills for later. Vigi isnt exactly pvp armour these days but will keep you alive against an unarmed miner.

Stay out of pvp3/4 (toxic shot - pay to play zones) until you feel upto it.

Which will be some time..

Good luck. Its a great fun path to take, but it will by no means be a short one.

I also recommend staying away from nonL kit as without skills you will do minimal dmg.

I recommended the nonL gun just because it does give him a chance at higher damage than L guns, if the skill level is too low for an appropriate L gun. :)

You guys have tempted me to go through with this.
Be sure to say hi before you kill me in the near future. :)

One question I would like answered re PVP.

Why is it that when I enter almost any PVP area my Frames-per-second drop by over 40.

I can be happily running about minding my own business 45-60 FPS, and I enter a PVP area, and suddenly I am in single figures?

Even trying to defend myself at 4 fps is not going to happen!

I did take a screen-shot, but it did not show the fraps counter. I was near the oil-rig area, 50+ FPS easy, I enter the area and suddenly I am 5 fps tops.

No wonder I suck at PVP, I am in jerk-o-vision.

What gives?

Boo PVP!!!

Carebear for life! I only like pvp when its person to person and they agreed upon a duel.

From what I hear it is an expensive venture to do it right and do well at it. Good luck finding something you like to do in this game with out depositing.

Back