PvP arenas for Calypso?

I've been playing around with the idea of building some kind of a competitive pvp arena system for Calypso where players could compete for PvP tokens that in turn could be used to purchase items. Is this something you would like to see and if so do you have any suggestions that could help?

Cheers
Nice :). Look forward to it. Atm I can't really give feedback/suggestions. Not really into pvp unless its some kind of special event from the community or just fooling around for few mins. But does sound neat.

Theres a huge number of missions coming in the Calypso release next week.
:duh: if huge by definition means more than 20 iron challenges, I honestly will give up :laugh:, I think I will cry even. Well thanks, more mission skill rewards are needed ofc & I do hope you don't put nova's in the new missions!

My colleague sitting next to me is playing a beacon mission dungeon right now.
Sweeeeeeettt!!! :D

That's a good idea on the 'same Gun mode' Perhaps takes more ammo to use to cover 'supposed' decay cost.
I like that idea alot.

I think would be a great addition if you did implement it some how.

perhaps a 15-30 hp or perhaps make same gun mode different levels?

ooooooooooooo
Certain skill base could use higher up etc.
yadda yadda

TOP QUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

How about fixing the LG system first?

To expand on this...

1. LG not every week, potentially spaced out every month instead.
2. Make so anyone not in the controlling society that logs into fort area after event starts automatically goes to nearest revive terminal.
3. Add turrets at main entrances to forts for those pesky people that think it is ok to mob train.
4. Make it so if a vehicle is destroyed "X" amount of times in say maybe 30 minutes, it automatically goes back to storage. (1. To help deter people from hiding in them so they can stay on the claim area and not get shot at, 2. Added benifit of helping discourage the people that like to skill repair by destroying vehicles on random vegetation on planets)

To stay on topic...this sounds like a GREAT idea for those who like to PvP! I especially like the potential added bonus of the tokens that can be traded for items:)

Tiny

Last edited:
wait what if your vehicle gets destroyed by just traveling and perhaps that happens 10 times? how is that fair on the recall? how about vehicles are just not allowed within fort boundries and goes to 'storage/inventory' when enter area with it?

I Personally think that having a dead pitbull could be used as a shield adds some strategy.
i don't like that idea of 10 destroyed = storage.
that would be a pain.

wait what if your vehicle gets destroyed by just traveling and perhaps that happens 10 times? how is that fair on the recall? how about vehicles are just not allowed within fort boundries and goes to 'storage/inventory' when enter area with it?

I Personally think that having a dead pitbull could be used as a shield adds some strategy.
i don't like that idea of 10 destroyed = storage.
that would be a pain.

Seriously 10 times, just travelling somewhere?...How often has that happened to you?

Tiny

Last edited:
i have had my vtol explode on me many times. i go on long mining runs and stupid trees get in the way.
i would hate to be stuck somewhere very heavy not able to travel......

Iron missions on Avatars???????:wtg:

Theres a huge number of missions coming in the Calypso release next week.

great news,the missions is what motivates me to play,i hope you have bronze missions for the hunters that finished all iron,and silver for those that finished the bronze missions

Awesome idea Kim.

If it doesn't conflict with other considerations perhaps allow:

during the event, all players are given the same weapon/s, that is independent of skills, so newbies can have a chance at pvp also.

If I were you, and wanting to elaborate pvp more, I would impliment headshots, crouching and faster firing weapons.

Also, extremely important for me, there is a large portion of players that would love to pvp (me included), however it is just not feasible due to the fact that we live on the otherside of the world from sweden, and as such our ping times are insanely high. This makes pvp of any sort almost impossible.
I have no idea if there is any possible fix for this, or the event could be set up to only allow people with a certain ping range or what have you. But I would consider depositing much more money if I knew I had a chance at pvp.

Thanks for the work Kim!

To expand on this...

1. LG not every week, potentially spaced out every month instead.
2. Make so anyone not in the controlling society that logs into fort area after event starts automatically goes to nearest revive terminal.
3. Add turrets at main entrances to forts for those pesky people that think it is ok to mob train.
4. Make it so if a vehicle is destroyed "X" amount of times in say maybe 30 minutes, it automatically goes back to storage. (1. To help deter people from hiding in them so they can stay on the claim area and not get shot at, 2. Added benifit of helping discourage the people that like to skill repair by destroying vehicles on random vegetation on planets)

To stay on topic...this sounds like a GREAT idea for those who like to PvP! I especially like the potential added bonus of the tokens that can be traded for items:)

Tiny

To expand on that...

It's way too expensive, especially every week. The fort LG's should be 10% like the other fort events, especially if they remain weekly.

Schedule them on weekends only and not at 4am for Americas/Europe.

Make it so you can't damage the objectives in the Control Room from outside the control room (through the walls).

Fix the Jamming Device.

Fix the bug with Tanks (+maybe other vehicles) that causes half the people in the event to CTD and not be able to log in again.

Not LG specific, but make pk so in game skills are more important. As it is now it is dominated by tiering and any nib with a tiered LR is dangerous.

Yes, you could call it the oil rig, and the tokens could be called oil.

How about fixing the LG system first?

And this.

Hi Kim
This PvP ring idea with item rewards sounds good. What about more standard missions with items?

Cheers
Bjorn

I've been playing around with the idea of building some kind of a competitive pvp arena system for Calypso where players could compete for PvP tokens that in turn could be used to purchase items. Is this something you would like to see and if so do you have any suggestions that could help?

Cheers

Looks like the main personalities directing MA is in full speed to make EU (space, and now caly) a pvp galore with real cash economy!

My question to you, do you have any objective data as to the popularity of pvp among EU players or players outside of EU who are interested in PVP with RCE?

Cheers

Yes please, with a Melee only option - that will really test peoples ring skills.

Well if it gives the pkrs something to do away from space...

Hell yes but ffs please remove right-click and autoaim :rolleyes:

Also if you could do sonething to cater for 500ms ping that would be great, thanks

Cheers

I'm really not a PvP fighter - I'll probably never use it.... it still sounds awesome!

For a suggestion; mabye instead of the tokens being used to buy 'Item X' (weapon / armor) (cool idea btw) have them used to buy a (L) BP with 2 clicks remaining for the 'Item X'. (Assuming a 42% CoS, getting 2 clicks is only fair.) This'd let crafters and resourse gatherers get involved, while allowing the reward to have a minimal TT value but still give the item desired. A win for everybody!

I've been playing around with the idea of building some kind of a competitive pvp[ arena system for Calypso where players could compete for PvP tokens that in turn could be used to purchase items. Is this something you would like to see and if so do you have any suggestions that could help?

Cheers

No.

I'd suggest focusing on developing (or fixing) non-pvp aspects of the game that more players could enjoy throughout all of Entropia Universe, rather than just on Calypso.

Or, is MA only concerned about Calypso now? :scratch2:

This sounds pretty cool, I'm all for it. :)

However, I'd also want to see more competitive PvP events in which in-game skills don't matter as much as RL skills. For example, the EUWBC going on right now has people fighting in close combat, on different categories according to their health levels, all of them with standard equipment (Castorian EnKnuckles-A except for the highest category, for which Loughlin Smacker One is used instead). So perhaps some sort of PvP mode in which you enter a huge arena with temporary equipment, which disappears once you exit the ring. Thinking about a basic FAP, a melee weapon, a low-power, mid-range, fast rifle and a high-power, slow plasma sniper. If something like that is not possible, at least make it so people can only use the same equipment (Say, only Opalos and T1's) and are tiered according to their health or in-game skills.

Token bet

We fight to gain more pvp tokens. Why don't we use our tokens to bet for a fight? 2 fighters place their tokens into a fight. Viewers can also contribute to the fight by placing their bet too. The revenue will come back as much as percentage each person contributed.

We fight to gain more pvp tokens. Why don't we use our tokens to bet for a fight? 2 fighters place their tokens into a fight. Viewers can also contribute to the fight by placing their bet too. The revenue will come back as much as percentage each person contributed.

Can't do that, that would be gambling. :whistle:

ya and one could rig the system....... so that's a no go....

Heres a interesting idea. Perhaps you could have a king of the Ring mode where perhaps the PVP battle takes place for 1 hour and have 5 rounds or something....... So everyone starts with the 'generic' weapons and top 3 places get to 'upgrade' there 'generic' weapons and then the next round begin top pker gets advantage :)
heheh
but then you wanna pk him first so gang bang him unless he can pk his way outta the crowd!!!
and see if he can win again!
and to go on about a token system what do you mean by it? how would you work it ? could it not be manipulated?
or is this controlled by MA events?

my concern is manipulation of such a 'token' system
but this PVP in general will bring alot of fun with or without a token system... personally i don't get the token system unless you mean the token system is only used for that PVP arena THEN YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW
that would be sweet
that would make me wanna join up and try to 'get' gear to use in the pvp arena and try to be a pk boss!!!!

:scratch2:
A miner a pker? wtf :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
that's crazy talk.

but if i can do it anyone can and those who think pvp isn't part of the game.... it's a big part of the game but.......

TOP QUADS!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
I would love to have Vehicle battles more involved such in space to really tune up everyones skills and test the ' fun of Space with Quads' and perhaps give people more confidence in space? ;)

And yes I will keep suggesting Top Quads till it happens!

Great!

Why not make it an event area to we can have soc wars?

during the event, all players are given the same weapon/s, that is independent of skills, so newbies can have a chance at pvp also.

That is what I was thinking at first reading. Kims Idea sounds good, but it should be related to levels/skills or like you said similar weapons. Doesn't make sense when $PKuber goes there and whipes out all others in seconds :)

Hell yes but ffs please remove right-click and autoaim :rolleyes:

Also if you could do sonething to cater for 500ms ping that would be great, thanks

yea exactly, if u want it to be real pvp, take away the ability to use the right click which auto-fire as a target is on the crosshair, to sum it up its only right click spaming, no real aim..

Cheers

Hi Kim,

I've thought long about something like this, and I feel it would be a great addition to certain towns. I've thought about it in terms of a laser tag type arena, which would be a building within towns players could enter and sign up for rounds on. Non competitive rounds would be free, and just for fun. Anyone could participate. Competitive Event style rounds would be listed on the Events page, and could have a cost to set up and a prize at the end for either the winning team, winning individual, top 3, or however the organizer decides.

Weapons issued would be 1 laser tag rifle and 1 laser tag vest. Requires no ammunition. Armor is removed on entry. Players are not targetable via health bars (and no health bars function in the arena). You hit the players target areas on the vest and you score a point. The player is then removed from play for x amount of seconds. This goes until the end of the round, at which time the points are tallied up and totaled.

The arena itself is in an enclosed and darkened area, with fog effects and strange lighting to keep things visually confusing. There are multiple levels, rooms, and shapes. Sometimes mirrors. All of this adds up to alot of corners and ambush points.

This is just like real life laser tag, except of course in game. It's alot of fun.

Would be a fun way to involve people in PvP in Calypso, test out new PvP features without cost to players, and involve new players in social activities with old players while not pressuring them to spend (and thus alienating some who dont respond well to pressure).

Skills are never gained in Laser tag, and hitpoints are never a factor. Its just how good can you aim and shoot, as a player. MA loses nothing with this, but potentially keeps customers around longer by having it in game, thus giving them more opportunity to make that deposit.

What do you think?

Hi Kim,

I've thought long about something like this, and I feel it would be a great addition to certain towns. I've thought about it in terms of a laser tag type arena, which would be a building within towns players could enter and sign up for rounds on. Non competitive rounds would be free, and just for fun. Anyone could participate. Competitive Event style rounds would be listed on the Events page, and could have a cost to set up and a prize at the end for either the winning team, winning individual, top 3, or however the organizer decides.

Weapons issued would be 1 laser tag rifle and 1 laser tag vest. Requires no ammunition. Armor is removed on entry. Players are not targetable via health bars (and no health bars function in the arena). You hit the players target areas on the vest and you score a point. The player is then removed from play for x amount of seconds. This goes until the end of the round, at which time the points are tallied up and totaled.

This is just like real life laser tag, except of course in game. It's alot of fun.

Would be a fun way to involve people in PvP in Calypso, test out new PvP features without cost to players, and involve new players in social activities with old players while not pressuring them to spend (and thus alienating some who dont respond well to pressure).

Skills are never gained in Laser tag, and hitpoints are never a factor. Its just how good can you aim and shoot, as a player. MA loses nothing with this, but potentially keeps customers around longer by having it in game, thus giving them more opportunity to make that deposit.

What do you think?

Although I dont' like pvp,,, i think it's a good idea....
Especially reimoving any decay. MA might not like it but surely it'll be a popular and entertaining contest! :wtg:
(+) rep :)

Question:

How would this differ from, say, making a PVP event at Zychion, where prize = "accumulate ammo/decay"?

My guess would be it would run as a full-time version of this, yes?

Back