Suggestion: PVP4 needs attention

I could be wrong, but I think MA has neglected PVP mostly because they see that not many people are interested in it.
But I hope they will eventually understand, that on the contrary, many people have left it because of these bugs/exploit/(stupid features), and the lack of incentive for it.

Make the PvP zones fair and attractive, there are a lot of people who are waiting for that to happen.

Many ideas have been suggested for this.
Replace exclusive resources.
Allow some vehicles (with disabled inventories)
Increase the loading time of TP chips in these areas (x2 or x3)
Disable radar.
Remove this "feature" that makes people unlootable at -50% HP.
Etc...

IMO it would benefit to the game that All PvP areas/events would be seriously reworked and redesigned.
Lootable zones, oil rig, space, and maybe LG from what I hear.

It's always the same story with PvP threads.
There are people who are interested in PvP, who do it, and who ask for bugs and exploits to be fixed, which I think is legitimate.

Then a whole bunch of people who don't like PvP, who never do it, and who don't intend to do it, and despite that, these people still give their opinions, and even make (stupid) requests like deleting PvP from the game...
I could never understand the intention of these people.

If you don't like hunting, you don't go hunt.
If you don't like mining, you don't go mine.
If you don't like PvP, don't go to PvP areas, nobody forces you to do it.

So you say as long as the stiks are not of even lenght the PvP is OK to you?

If PK'ers can only gain as much as they risk to loose it would be a bad change to you?

I think PvP would be much more frequented by people if they know that a PK'er only can gain as much loot from himselve as he is risking to loos himselve.

ATM a PK'er looses some Ammo shooting and a Injection at most while a miner/hunter looses everything he looted found. When the PK'er only can loot as much as he has lootable stuff with him in PvP the stakes are evened ot between the PL'er and the Miner/Hunter as both sides risks the same amount in the fight.
If the PK'er has 100 Ped lootable stuff carrying he can gain 100 Ped from the Miner/Hunter if he kills him but also the Miner/Hunter can gain something from the PK'er if he manages to kill him. So instead of PK'er winns and Miner/Hunter looses while fighting in PvP the Miner/Hunter either losses only as much as the PK'er also wants to risk or gains as much as the PK'er risks in the fight with you.

This would in my view enhance PvP and will bring more persons to try it out.
I know PK'ers will say crap I have to take lootable stuff into PvP and maybe loose it when someone kills me so instead of only risking some ammo and a toxic I have to finally also risk something while in PvP, they, PK'ers do not like it an certainly would prefere to still only be able to benefit from others while not risking anything at all.

I could be wrong, but I think MA has neglected PVP mostly because they see that not many people are interested in it.
But I hope they will eventually understand, that on the contrary, many people have left it because of these bugs/exploit/(stupid features), and the lack of incentive for it.

Make the PvP zones fair and attractive, there are a lot of people who are waiting for that to happen.

Many ideas have been suggested for this.
Replace exclusive resources.
Allow some vehicles (with disabled inventories)
Increase the loading time of TP chips in these areas (x2 or x3)
Disable radar.
Remove this "feature" that makes people unlootable at -50% HP.
Etc...

IMO it would benefit to the game that All PvP areas/events would be seriously reworked and redesigned.
Lootable zones, oil rig, space, and maybe LG from what I hear.

How about the most important change that a PK'er only can loot as much as he carrys lootable stuff himselve?

So that both involved in the fight can loose or gain the same amount of peds? Would that be so unfair to the PK'er when he also has to risk something while fighting in PvP?
Or is you sole intent that MA has to care more for PvP that the PK'er can gain Peds from the Miner/Hunter while he does not have to risk anything at all except for some ammo and decay for the kill?

So much hate for PKers.
I think that if somebody has dedicated a decade or more in training their avatar and many thousands of dollars on equipment than I can take a hit on a toxic shot every now and then.
Having healthy end game aspirations keeps players grinding. Take away any desire to become a top level player and you kill the game.
PvP4 has nice markup but there is nothing forcing players to go there.
Let the big boys have their fun, they’ve earned it.

So you say as long as the stiks are not of even lenght the PvP is OK to you?

If PK'ers can only gain as much as they risk to loose it would be a bad change to you?

I think PvP would be much more frequented by people if they know that a PK'er only can gain as much loot from himselve as he is risking to loos himselve.

ATM a PK'er looses some Ammo shooting and a Injection at most while a miner/hunter looses everything he looted found. When the PK'er only can loot as much as he has lootable stuff with him in PvP the stakes are evened ot between the PL'er and the Miner/Hunter as both sides risks the same amount in the fight.
If the PK'er has 100 Ped lootable stuff carrying he can gain 100 Ped from the Miner/Hunter if he kills him but also the Miner/Hunter can gain something from the PK'er if he manages to kill him. So instead of PK'er winns and Miner/Hunter looses while fighting in PvP the Miner/Hunter either losses only as much as the PK'er also wants to risk or gains as much as the PK'er risks in the fight with you.

This would in my view enhance PvP and will bring more persons to try it out.
I know PK'ers will say crap I have to take lootable stuff into PvP and maybe loose it when someone kills me so instead of only risking some ammo and a toxic I have to finally also risk something while in PvP, they, PK'ers do not like it an certainly would prefere to still only be able to benefit from others while not risking anything at all.

First of all, people who do PK, for the most part, don't spend their time running around in circle in the zone hoping to meet someone full of loot.

Many of them go for hunting Mul or mining, they have skilled and equipped themselves accordingly, so they have a good chance to defend their loot in case of an attack.

I have never met you in PvP, I guess you have never been there, so you don't want to take the risk to go mining or hunting there. (but still you want to tell how it SHOULD be)
Can you explain to me how the fact that a PK would come to attack you with loot on him (it's already often the case), would give you more desire to go and try your luck ?

People who are afraid to go hunting or mining there, are not going to change their mind just because they know that PKs have some loot on them, since they have only little chance to kill them anyway. :rolleyes:

Also there is already the anti-toxic shot.
You get ammo (3-4 ped) when you kill a player, and sometimes (very rarely) multi that can go up to several thousand PED.

Anyway there is nothing to stop you from going back to the storage to put your loot.
I sometimes go hunting there and I never keep more than 50 PED of loot on me (more often it's only 20-30 PED), knowing that you just have to transform your shrap as you go.

I'm not so good at PvP, not so skilled, and have poor equipment.
I've been killed way more times than I killed in lootable zones.
But still I like PvP, and it's the main reason why I keep skilling. (whith hope MA wake up about PvP someday..)

Don't know if it's cause of this thread, but I've been PvP4 2 days ago, after TPing inside, there were 3 green dots on my radar.. o_O
I just TPed again a litle further in the zone, and could hunt peacefully for 30-40 minutes.

Go there people, it's not so dangerous, adrenaline boost, pretty fun, and loot is not so bad on Attacker and Mul. :)

Last edited:
I liked the old PVP3 & 4 maps, whether by design or chance the terrain on both were much better. With the new PVP4, the terrain is too mountainous for my liking (others may prefer it, but I do not.) although I like the terrain on the new pvp3 but not as much as the old maps.

The thing is with PvP4, you have un-killable players almost camping it 24/7 (un-killable by most of the player base) so, i don't consider using the game mechanics such as killing yourself, or the few other creative ways you can escape with your loot, is an exploit. (Again, just my opinion, you can agree to differ and still love and adore me.) I think if MA removed these, you would just have an empty zone camped by a few players who are mostly buddies anyway and don't pvp with others on their level, but just look for easy kills with no skill required. Perhaps that's exactly what the ubers want.

Anyway, I'm bored of shared loot mobs and I've been a bit gobby on the forum lately and will be wandering back into those zones so I may be a loot filled, fat, juicy and satisfying kill as I cba tping out with loot until I reach 50-100 ped minimum.

Also, gonna update my blog later - check it out when i do

:)

... you would just have an empty zone camped by a few players who are mostly buddies anyway and don't pvp with others on their level, but just look for easy kills with no skill required.

You have no idea how wrong you are... Fighting other top societies in massive pvp3/4 fights are by far the most fun pvp situations the game has to offer.

Last edited:
---

I have never met you in PvP, I guess you have never been there, so you don't want to take the risk to go mining or hunting there. (but still you want to tell how it SHOULD be)
Can you explain to me how the fact that a PK would come to attack you with loot on him (it's already often the case), would give you more desire to go and try your luck ?

I went to PvP and hunted stuff there many years ago but did not like how some people exploited the system already back then. So I mostly stopped going there.

You say you go for the exitment, you say you hunt there and have loot on you anyway but when I just suggest that you can loot from your pray as much as you risk you start to not argue about it but to start to argue I and all others do not have a right to tell you how PvP should be improved because you know it anyway better than everyone else.

So how would my suggestion change your play style then? How you explained you doing PvP it would not change your style a bit but you still moan about it that you not only could get a Toxic HoF but that you want to loot your pray for more than you risk f.x. your 10 Ped of Loot for his 100 Peds of Loot. If you want to loot big you have to take higher risks yourselve, if it is only for the exitment as you state than carring 10 ped of Loot is the same as carring 1k ped of Loot, but I think this is only your excuse and it is really about that you can loot others without risking anything significant yourselve what drives you.

So much hate for PKers.
I think that if somebody has dedicated a decade or more in training their avatar and many thousands of dollars on equipment than I can take a hit on a toxic shot every now and then.
Having healthy end game aspirations keeps players grinding. Take away any desire to become a top level player and you kill the game.
PvP4 has nice markup but there is nothing forcing players to go there.
Let the big boys have their fun, they’ve earned it.

What does it take away from their fun if they only can loot as much as they risk? Can you or Cirrus answer this as you allways state it is about PK'ing and not getting Peds or am I wrong?
BTW they still get the Peds from the Toxic shots which according to Cirrus also can be a four figure amount.

I went to PvP and hunted stuff there many years ago but did not like how some people exploited the system already back then. So I mostly stopped going there.

You say you go for the exitment, you say you hunt there and have loot on you anyway but when I just suggest that you can loot from your pray as much as you risk you start to not argue about it but to start to argue I and all others do not have a right to tell you how PvP should be improved because you know it anyway better than everyone else.

So how would my suggestion change your play style then? How you explained you doing PvP it would not change your style a bit but you still moan about it that you not only could get a Toxic HoF but that you want to loot your pray for more than you risk f.x. your 10 Ped of Loot for his 100 Peds of Loot. If you want to loot big you have to take higher risks yourselve, if it is only for the exitment as you state than carring 10 ped of Loot is the same as carring 1k ped of Loot, but I think this is only your excuse and it is really about that you can loot others without risking anything significant yourselve what drives you.

Sure.. As you say, it is so easy and without any risk.
Then I wonder why don't you do it ?

And why aren't more people doing it ?

From what you say there is easy money to take there.
But it doesn't seem to attract that many people.
Strange.. don't you think ? :unsure:

Maybe because it's not that easy to get to let say level 80 in several prof..?
Maybe because it's not that cheap to get to that level and to buy PvP gear..? (do you know about Entropia, most expensive free game around)
And maybe because PvP is not that easy..?
I don't know, it's just a hint..

What does it take away from their fun if they only can loot as much as they risk? Can you or Cirrus answer this as you allways state it is about PK'ing and not getting Peds or am I wrong?
BTW they still get the Peds from the Toxic shots which according to Cirrus also can be a four figure amount.
I’m only giving my opinion, I’m not a PKer, and I don’t even think I strive to be. I just don’t want to see end game content get hamstrung by restrictions. Making PVP4 “safer” goes against what having PVP4 is for in the first place. I like the high stakes aspect, and I will stipulate that I have never killed anyone in PvP, and been looted several times. I’m an unlikely advocate.

But isn't it risky to skill up and invest in Entropia for lets say 5-10 years? You would like to add more risk on top of that?

Decrease/remove the toxic so more ppl can come.
Increase the toxic very high to get only the serious ppl there (imagine 100 ped a toxic, mmm)

You have no idea how wrong you are... Fighting other top societies in massive pvp3/4 fights are by far the most fun pvp situations the game has to offer.

Most of us don't get to see these fights, so it's good to know these battles take place. It would be nice if somebody streamed them, or perhaps somebody does.

Sure.. As you say, it is so easy and without any risk.
Then I wonder why don't you do it ?

And why aren't more people doing it ?

From what you say there is easy money to take there.
But it doesn't seem to attract that many people.
Strange.. don't you think ? :unsure:

Maybe because it's not that easy to get to let say level 80 in several prof..?
Maybe because it's not that cheap to get to that level and to buy PvP gear..? (do you k

now about Entropia, most expensive free game around)
And maybe because PvP is not that easy..?
I don't know, it's just a hint..

Again you did not answer the simple question as I already knew because the only reason you do it I stated already.

Maybe the other people do not like to steal from others?

Maybe they do not like to be around exploiters.

Maybe because a lot of people do not like to use exploits like others who are using them and visiting the PvP areas to profit from this exploits.

It is not for the exitment as you mention because this you would still have if you get only Toxic HoF after you killed the other avatar. The only reason you do it is that for minimal risk you can loot big from others in PvP. But as you try to hide this reason you start to talk about exitment etc. you get from hunting down others and from Endgame of ubers who have their only exitment in using PvP.
But how does the you loot as much as you carry lootable stuff diminish this exitment?

Not at all it would even add to the exitment as you would have the risk of also loosing big not only winning big and this is certainly more exitment than only risking a toxic shot and some ammo.
I know you will again not answer this as it would show your real reason and that you are afraid of the truth.

I’m only giving my opinion, I’m not a PKer, and I don’t even think I strive to be. I just don’t want to see end game content get hamstrung by restrictions. Making PVP4 “safer” goes against what having PVP4 is for in the first place. I like the high stakes aspect, and I will stipulate that I have never killed anyone in PvP, and been looted several times. I’m an unlikely advocate.
So in what way does Loot only as much as you risk diminish this option?

So you say you "I like the high stakes aspect" and this is what "loot only as much as you carry lootable stuff" gives to PvP visitors. They will have a high stakes aspect added to their gameplay. If you have 10 ped lootable stuff you are not risking much but you only can win 10 peds from your pray but have the chance of a Toxic Shot HoF still. If you like high stakes you can carry 2000 Ped of lootable stuff and if the killed person has 2000 Ped of loot with him you loot all of it, if he has only 10 Ped of loot and kills you you loose only 10 ped of your 2k ped.

So more exitment for the endgame people as they can risk as much as they want in PvP to add to their exitment.

Last edited:

And they each carry lootable stuff when they go to fight each other?
Why have they to use PvP3/4 for their fight there are many other places for this fights to take place where you can not loot stuff from the killed person.
There are even special places for such fights built by MA and they are not in PvP3/4.

Last edited:
And they each carry lootable stuff when they go to fight each other?
Why have they to use PvP3/4 for their fight there are many other places for this fights to take place where you can not loot stuff from the killed person.
There are even special places for such fights built by MA and they are not in PvP3/4.

Claim/Tower guarding.

Claim/Tower guarding.

OK, then you may need some PvP friends or you could also go there after you where killed by another mob and having below 50% health. TP in claim ressources from Tower and go out without the possibility to be looted by anyone.

Again you did not answer the simple question as I already knew because the only reason you do it I stated already.

Maybe the other people do not like to steal from others?

Maybe they do not like to be around exploiters.

Maybe because a lot of people do not like to use exploits like others who are using them and visiting the PvP areas to profit from this exploits.

It is not for the exitment as you mention because this you would still have if you get only Toxic HoF after you killed the other avatar. The only reason you do it is that for minimal risk you can loot big from others in PvP. But as you try to hide this reason you start to talk about exitment etc. you get from hunting down others and from Endgame of ubers who have their only exitment in using PvP.
But how does the you loot as much as you carry lootable stuff diminish this exitment?

Not at all it would even add to the exitment as you would have the risk of also loosing big not only winning big and this is certainly more exitment than only risking a toxic shot and some ammo.
I know you will again not answer this as it would show your real reason and that you are afraid of the truth.

This question has already been answered probably fifty times, since you have been asking it for years.
But you don't want to hear it..
We already had this discussion 2 years ago, I think, in this same kind of thread.

Again, sorry to say, but you have no legitimacy here.
Then I just waste my time whith you.

You don't like PvP, probably because you are bad.
As you said:

So you would like to go hunting/mining there but you can't, because mean players, who are more skilled, better equipped, and better than you in PvP, kill you there... :cry:
(someone clicking his mouse to one-shot you whith a big gun is not an exploit..)

Then you are just bitter, and your only goal here is to annoy people who enjoy PvP.
So since you don't use PvP, and you have no intention of doing so, please stop polluting every thread where people ask for PvP bugs/exploits to be fixed.

I myself don't care about soccer, then I just don't watch it, end of story.
I'll not spend my time trying to change the rules of it, this would be nonsense.. :confused:

PS for MA:

After you have redesigned PvP, and fixed all the bugs/exploits, please bring back PvP Global.

1500+ post, people seems to apreciate. (y)

Still not able to answer even one question, then not even able to read properly, as you changed my disliking of exploiters Quote: " but did not like how some people exploited the system " to being killed as the reason Quote: " who are more skilled, better equipped, and better than you"

As everyone can see that you cant even answer one question and that you change what others have written to what you like it to be you show to all here that you do not have a argument to support your theory.

1500+ post, people seems to apreciate. (y)

Yes, 31 posts since January 2018 is a statement that people apreciate PvP - LOL - Not even one post per month shows that people like PvP in the current form - NOT

Did not state to remove PvP but to make the stakes even but you obviously do not like even stakes in PvP... - Again and again you are writing lies about what I wrote and everyone can read it.

So if you already answered it 50 times you certainly can do me the service to answer it once again or link it.

What does it take away from their fun if they only can loot as much as they risk? As they and you state PvP is about the exitment in fighting other Avatars.

So if you already answered it 50 times you certainly can do me the service to answer it once again or link it.

What does it take away from their fun if they only can loot as much as they risk? As they and you state PvP is about the exitment in fighting other Avatars.

I already told you your proposal is stupid, so I don't have much else to say.
It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about, you don't know anything about PvP.

So if you enjoy using your time to talk about something you know nothing about, and that you'll never use, good for you.
But please don't waste my time.

Since this seems to get personal, why don't you exchange your arguments in PVP4?

:popcorn:

Most of us don't get to see these fights, so it's good to know these battles take place. It would be nice if somebody streamed them, or perhaps somebody does.
We might have a thing or two planned around sharing the pvp highlights.. Stay tuned ?

Since this seems to get personal, why don't you exchange your arguments in PVP4?

:popcorn:

Unfortunately it won't be possible, since he never puts a foot in PvP, and doesn't intend to do so.

That's why I have a hard time understanding how he can claim to explain how it should work.
I guess some people are just very bored..

I will do like everyone else here and ignore him. :coffee:

We might have a thing or two planned around sharing the pvp highlights.. Stay tuned ?

Actually I would be interested in watching those highlights.

PvPers shooting Mulmen (probably no they are nasty) PvPers shooting each other (not likely, they all tend to be mates & can also shoot back)
PvPers shooting miners & normal players (most probably they would be covering themselves in glory there especially when they post screenshots of all the loot they take) - actually that would not worry me, there is a risk in PvP & those players chose 2 take it
PvPers shedding salty tears & much baaa when those players use an exploit such as falling off a cliff or shooting themselves in the foot & so escaping their just fate.

I will be like the cowardly Mega & I will be cowardly & ignore PvP as well - plenty of other ways to lose my PEDs

Actually I would be interested in watching those highlights.

PvPers shooting Mulmen (probably no they are nasty) PvPers shooting each other (not likely, they all tend to be mates & can also shoot back)
PvPers shooting miners & normal players (most probably they would be covering themselves in glory there especially when they post screenshots of all the loot they take) - actually that would not worry me, there is a risk in PvP & those players chose 2 take it
PvPers shedding salty tears & much baaa when those players use an exploit such as falling off a cliff or shooting themselves in the foot & so escaping their just fate.

I will be like the cowardly Mega & I will be cowardly & ignore PvP as well - plenty of other ways to lose my PEDs

So much injustice in this world of brutality...
You almost made me cry. :cry:

We might need an Evey-Mega showdown :D. please stream it.
If press badges work in PvP4 I'll give it a shot! ? But I reckon I'd see the revive more than the scenery :D

In all fairness, Have been met with nothing but politeness in PvP4. Rookie chat has more smack talk even on its best day...

Back