Question about shopkeepers

baconburgare

Guardian
Society
None
I read somewhere that shopkeepers (and mannequins) uses up more than one item spot when u add them to an estate. But how many item spots does it use? 5?

gekkegerrit said:
shopkeepers use 6 slots.

Aha, thx for quick answer! :)

And something I should know but can't check right now... Each shop keeper hold max number of items? 10 or 15?

baconburgare said:
Aha, thx for quick answer! :)

And something I should know but can't check right now... Each shop keeper hold max number of items? 10 or 15?

20 items!

;)

it's because we are "busy" at work :tongue2:

Erm, I'm 99% sure that even though the mannequins and shopkeepers count as 6 items, stuff like armor, clothes and weapons still register on your item count!

I know this because my house was at max (450 items) before the 'item weight' change, and I undressed a mannequin, and put another outfit on, and the damn game wouldn't let me!

Before, the mannequin used to register as 1 item no matter what!

Another thing people should know about Mannequins and Shopkeepers that most don't:

If you want to change the appearance of your shopkeeper or mannequin, simply put it in storage and take it back out. Doing this changes the sex and look of it randomly. Its fun to see what results you can get!

Metatron said:
Another thing people should know about Mannequins and Shopkeepers that most don't:

If you want to change the appearance of your shopkeeper or mannequin, simply put it in storage and take it back out. Doing this changes the sex and look of it randomly. Its fun to see what results you can get!

WHAT!!!!?!?!!

That's the best thing I've heard all day!! Thanks man :D What a cool surprise!

I'd +rep you, but I need to spread some around... But trust me, I'll come back and +rep you for that one :)

I think I'll break out the celebratory dancing banana! :banana:

As long as we have a shopkeeper thread...

I see shopkeeper teleporter pads in the auction. They don't appear to have a shopkeeper standing on it. If I buy the shopkeeper teleporter pad and some property to set it on, is this all I need or is there more to it?

Airedale said:
As long as we have a shopkeeper thread...

I see shopkeeper teleporter pads in the auction. They don't appear to have a shopkeeper standing on it. If I buy the shopkeeper teleporter pad and some property to set it on, is this all I need or is there more to it?

Thats all you need. The shopkeeper is hiding inside the pad until you activate him. :)

Metatron said:
Thats all you need. The shopkeeper is hiding inside the pad until you activate him. :)

That little bugger :laugh: :rolleyes:

Metatron said:

Right, just tested this with a shopkeeper, and I have to admit, I've put my shopkeeper in storage before and noticed no change -- I can't get it to work!

Are you totally sure about this? I've tried everything - put in storage, relog. Take out of storage, relog, place on ground, you name it...

Any further guidance would be appreciated.

Noggin said:
Right, just tested this with a shopkeeper, and I have to admit, I've put my shopkeeper in storage before and noticed no change -- I can't get it to work!

Are you totally sure about this? I've tried everything - put in storage, relog. Take out of storage, relog, place on ground, you name it...

Any further guidance would be appreciated.

The last time I tried this was a year or two ago when I owned a house. Since then I haven't owned a shopkeeper, but I can guaruntee that it worked back then. If MA changed that then I think its pretty dumb...that was a pretty convenient thing. :wise:

I have also tried this several times , couple months ago and it no longer works. Even trading the shopkeeper or manniquin no longer changes sex. I believe that we are stuck with sex and appearence.

I've changed pe-wiki again to something more neutral:

"Previously you could change the appearance of your shopkeeper or mannequin by putting it in storage and take it back out. Doing this changed the sex and look of it randomly. Please note that it's very unsure if this is still possible!"

If anyone can confirm 100% that it's not possible please PM me or edit pe-wiki yourself. But please be very sure before you state it's not possible.

baconburgare said:
I've changed pe-wiki again to something more neutral:

"Previously you could change the appearance of your shopkeeper or mannequin by putting it in storage and take it back out. Doing this changed the sex and look of it randomly. Please note that it's very unsure if this is still possible!"

If anyone can confirm 100% that it's not possible please PM me or edit pe-wiki yourself. But please be very sure before you state it's not possible.

I have found it to not be possible and quite disappointing. :) Especially since one of my shopkeepers is so incredibly ugly that I needed to dress her in full armor and cover her face...

Back