R.I.P. peauction.com

Epictetus

Proprietor, Epic Enterprises
I thought your site was arguably the best EU site ever and I appreciate the time and effort everyone put into it.

Unfortunately it looks like it won't be needed any more. :(

Yet more proff that the most detailed business plan pertaining to EU can be demolished with one VU.

maybe not the case unless MA make auction history available thru their website, cos only way to look at auction history would be ingame, and alot of ppl do shopping/research out of game ie at work, like someone else said in the VU preview thread,

so all might not be doom and gloom

im now waiting for the 'when do u think the VU will be?' threads lol

What did I miss? :scratch2:

Unfortunately it looks like it won't be needed any more. :(

Really? Didn't realize MA was making auction stats available outgame, I thought the new VU was just adding it ingame.;)

EDIT:
Skateboard T, I believe that was my post you are referring to, unless you meant one of the others that said the same thing :D

Guess I have missed some thing too... :confused:

I think MA would do better to make the data available in chart form on their website... less stress for their game servers. Still, an improvement is an improvement and I look forward to it greatly :)

If peauction can somehow automatically update data from the item charts, that would be great too but unless I guess due to 3rd party software restriction.

Found it ...

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/pe/en/rich/6590.html

But I dunno what they are gonna do, but I try to get more info then just an over time average with my charts.. So dunno if its the end or not..

But hmzz thats 8.11.. What happend to 8.10? I am now running 8.9.3 orso.. We skipping an update?

well, on one hand, PE auction was there to delive this info, since there was no other option to get it
now there is another option, therefore mission done

on the other hand, it is usually quite handy to have more than 1 source of information

As far as I'm concerned there will always be a need for peauction, for all those who are working hard to earn their PEDs in the real world to blow them in the virtual world.

Everyone loves to go to those sites (in their lunch hours :rolleyes:) :)

It will still be good and it's a keeper. If only Lord Helmet cleans it up a bit ;)

PEAuction would still be needed as new VU wouldn't allow to check prices for items which aren't accessible to you. E.g. if I wanted to check prices for some skill chip and it's not on the auction, that's it, unless I find a person who would kindly agree to show me the chip. :D

PEAuction would still be needed as new VU wouldn't allow to check prices for items which aren't accessible to you. E.g. if I wanted to check prices for some skill chip and it's not on the auction, that's it, unless I find a person who would kindly agree to show me the chip. :D

I think Marco said it is available whenever you clik open the Item's popup window, whether in auction or not. Ie you can be out in Far N Amethera and still get the info...just clik open the item info box.

[edit] Neve mind what I said -- I didn't thoroughly read your post.

Good point.

An independent second opinion will always be an asset in EU. I don't have much confidence that MA will build sufficient abuse-tolerance into their algorithms.

I think Marco said it is available whenever you clik open the Item's popup window, whether in auction or not. Ie you can be out in Far N Amethera and still get the info...just clik open the item info box.
That's for the items you have already. But what if you wanted to buy some item and it's not on the auction right now?

[Edit: Ohh... %)]

Last edited:
Will you two please stop not reading each others posts fully and apologising afterwards for not reading each others posts fully ? :laugh:

elisa is right, Yirrk knows.
I agree too if it matters.

..or did I miss something :rolleyes:

t

How long do you think it will be until MA decides to charge us for the new feature?

How long do you think it will be until MA decides to charge us for the new feature?

Nah. They will get their payment by watching prices skyrocket as buyout prices are included in the value of the item calculation. expect a 10% jump in item prices as soon as this feature is implemented, thus you need to deposit 10% more to buy the item.

PEauction is great, and should stay.
Very nice when off-line and browsing the sale section on EF. ;)

If MA still display info in the clien loader there no point closing PEauction.
And it will still be usefull to have other kind of data than MA one...
I have the old crap habbit to not bielive in anything made by MA until i have see working myself and tested it...
Most of time its so full of bugg it take at least 3 VU to work..

To be clear , the system on clien loader took lots of time to MA to make it work , and it still full of bug and dumb data.

nah, I think peauction and other purchase data tracking sites will continue to flourish -- time will tell =)

Peauction lists unsold items, this is just as important when judging the correct price as the price of sold items.

It's not clear how this can be included in the display form Mindark propose.

Peauction, I go there without thinkign sometime and dont think that will change that fast. Unsold items is a good point as well. Good to know what stuff dont sell for.

So I would liek it to stay, and aye daydreaming and browsing peauction for items u want when ur at work:silly2:

Starting with VU number ( after 8.9 go 8.11?) i think we will get next big packet of bugs. Info on items will be subyect of MA manipulation as for many other things - so nothing new.

As far as I'm concerned there will always be a need for peauction, for all those who are working hard to earn their PEDs in the real world to blow them in the virtual world.

Everyone loves to go to those sites (in their lunch hours :rolleyes:) :)

Except for the fact that the in-game values will include buyout prices, thus making it impossible for auction tracking sites to have the "real" value.

Except for the fact that the in-game values will include buyout prices, thus making it impossible for auction tracking sites to have the "real" value.

Well said... all auction sites.. peauction, pricefinder, my2pecs and so on miss the buyout... ingame data will always be better....

(ps. I wrote pricefinder so im not bashing auction sites cuz i "dont like them"... but ingame info will be better...)

Where did you read that our new pricefinder will include buyouts in its calculation? Theres nothing about it on EU.com site. Or you consider it as natural as its ingame tool?

Where did you read that our new pricefinder will include buyouts in its calculation? Theres nothing about it on EU.com site. Or you consider it as natural as its ingame tool?

Frank from MA mentioned on the official VU preview thread.

Back