FYI: Respsonse to support case re-inaccessable claim.

snake_eyes

Prowler
Society
NBK Entrepreneurs
antony one2watch jones
Thought you guys might be interested in my support case response about a claim I couldn't reach because the hill was to steep for me to get to it.

History for support case 168566

2009-08-30 07:39 You wrote:

Unable to reach a find in release 10.0.6. Yesterday I hit a XIII Lyst (63 ped find). That I have been able to reach as it was on one of those walkway mountains. The co-ordinates were 66661,68001. When I tried climbing from the bottom i'd get so high and couldn't go any higher. When I tried to walk from the top down I would drop straight to the bottom. It has now expired whitout me being able to reach it...

2009-09-12 19:18 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We thank you for your report. Unfortunately as mentioned in the News Section this offer is only for lost claims due to steep hill climbing that took place from August 18 until August 28 which is when the bug was fixed.

We are sorry in this case we can not compensate you. However, if you have any lost claim during the above mentioned dates please feel free to update this support case and provide us with resource type, date and time for the claim you found so we can look it up in our records and can assist you further.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

2009-09-13 08:48 You wrote:

So what you're saying now is it's a feature that that incline is still to steep to climb, drop down on from above or access in any way to get to any claim that may be on it?

Unfortunately for you, they have already fixed the steep mountain bug, and compensated those who lost claims before it was fixed. They haven't fixed the solid objects bug yet, so they will be compensating those who lose claims in this way until it is fixed (apparently). After that, no more compensation for lost claims will occur. :(

Something like that.

So what you're saying now is it's a feature that that incline is still to steep to climb, drop down on from above or access in any way to get to any claim that may be on it?

Yes!... it was that way before VU10... you have to position yourself when you drop from above to land directly on the claim maker... it can be done... and if you can't then you have accept as part of the dynamics and challenge of miining... that all claims will not be exploitable just as in real life...

MAV3K have they officially said it was abug and they were going compensate for claims in rocks and trees...?

They haven't fixed the solid objects bug yet, so they will be compensating those who lose claims in this way until it is fixed (apparently).

I'd like to see that statement done by MA/FPC being honest. I've lost several claims in stones, trees and such.

Shame we cannot prove that mobs that were non lootable actually had loots. That also happened to me several times. Killed a creature and it said "you are too far" even when I was standing in the middle of the corpses.

Yes!... it was that way before VU10... you have to position yourself when you drop from above to land directly on the claim maker... it can be done... and if you can't then you have accept as part of the dynamics and challenge of miining... that all claims will not be exploitable just as in real life...

MAV3K have they officially said it was abug and they were going compensate for claims in rocks and trees...?

BRONKL no they haven't. I'll only be sure when I have the claims back in my inventory. We shall see.

I got exactly the same respons... with my lost claims

why the hell they don't make climping just a bit more possible..... in rl i can walk on near all mountains... i be from switzerland, and we have really big mountains!!!

MA, plz, just a bit more climping possible, and all are happy!! ty if you do so;)

It certain situations no it can't be done. I have had other claims that I have tried to drop on top of the claim marker and my guy falls straight past it. yes I can get 1 successful pull as I fall past but then have to run around and fall abck down again. I wasn't able to do this with the Lyst claim. Even if I could though that isn't an acceptable situation in my book. Using a rough calculation that would take 200 times falling past the claim to extract the 63ped lyst find if not more.

It certain situations no it can't be done. I have had other claims that I have tried to drop on top of the claim marker and my guy falls straight past it. yes I can get 1 successful pull as I fall past but then have to run around and fall abck down again. I wasn't able to do this with the Lyst claim. Even if I could though that isn't an acceptable situation in my book. Using a rough calculation that would take 200 times falling past the claim to extract the 63ped lyst find if not more.

Well my experiences at least in pre-view 10... were different... never fell through a claim marker.... and only had to give up one claim in 10 months... where I couldn't get above it or attack from above... haven't had the probem yet... in VU10... Not every claim is or IMHO should be expliotable... just like evey claim is not a Hof... it's part of the total mix and makes mining far more interesting... but that just me..

i hade some globals and some XI's 200 ped +,

i hade some globals and some XI's 200 ped +,

Considering this is a "real cash economy" any claims that are found should be accessible. It is unacceptable that we lose money because we cannot access claims. It is ok for people to say "it's just like real life". Well actually it isn't. In real life claims don't expire after a set period of time (unless mined). Any claims that aren't accessible can be made accessible by current technology etc.

Well i've made my decision i'm going to stop playing for now and only log in to keep auction trading. At some point I may play again or I may cash out I haven't decided yet. However, i'm not going to spend the 3hours+ of my life in game that I have been doing for the past 3 years.

Rant over.

More Creative Mining :

The spot of this claim is perfectly accessible on the ground, it's several meters away from the rock. However .... beware of overhanging rocks :(

Support case made.

Not every claim is or IMHO should be expliotable... just like evey claim is not a Hof... it's part of the total mix and makes mining far more interesting...

Are you stupid, or I don't understand what you're saying?

I just got this one yesterday. It isn't even inside the three, only a small part of the claim collides with it. still I couldn't drill it.

It was only a IV alferix so I won't even bother sending a support case, but it still sucks.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just checked my support case history and noticed I had a final reply to this.

2009-09-13 08:48 You wrote:

2009-09-15 16:59 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Indeed steep hills are a new feature of Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Back