Info: Restoring Sweat & ME Value

Sweat already has a TT value. It's just not a TT value you like. Put 1k sweat in the TT machine and it will give you 1 pec. That IS the TT value of sweat. Asking MA to get something more "official" would be like asking them to "officially" change the TT value of a mod fap to whatever the latest market value was... it's not gonna happen. The community determines the price of items by being willing to pay a certain price above TT value for items. MA does have some impact on that by making resources either more rare or more available through the game engine, but they don't determine how much people are willing to pay above TT value on something... The individuals in the community determine markup. An item is worth only what people are willing to pay for it. No more, no less.

I do agree, MA would be smart to give us better uses for sweat. Perhaps it could be used to mix with sweet stuff to make a different kind of nutrio bar... maybe new and better mindforce chips can come in to play... I'd be all for making the warmup phase of weapon chips go away. That would automatically make nerve blasts weapons just about the most economic and highest damage/pec item in the game! Maybe I better hang on to that last nerve blast chip I just bought instead of selling it, lol.

:) ;)

I am adding rep to a very well written reply on this. Yes I apologize, when I say tt value I mean greater than .01 per 1000 bottles. there was an idea that the tt value could be 5 ped per 1000. But it was quickly a noted possibiliy that people in low wage countries would simply use it to extract money from sweating and never deposit, sucking MA dry.

I think everyone supports, removal of warm up times or atleast decreases to the amount in which they have the same rate of effective'ness as other game weapons.

I also believe everyone is asking, why don't they give us more, better, cool abilities, with something that has soooo much potential.

We keep talking about new uses for ME. What about new uses for sweat. Develop some new BP that requires sweat in the recipe. Some low level BP like filters or something that uses significant amounts per click.

We keep talking about new uses for ME. What about new uses for sweat. Develop some new BP that requires sweat in the recipe. Some low level BP like filters or something that uses significant amounts per click.

Yes a way sweat can be used independant from ME has been posted as the better solution. I think as long as sweat is only good for ME sweat is screwed.

I really like the idea of using sweat as a material for a low lvl bp! There is no reason it couldn't work.. even if the product like basic sheet metal is nearly useless skill gain... then they could still skill gain, which is great for entry lvl crafters.

Adding you a rep for a good idea.

Hell even make it where you could craft special types of ammo with different dmg types! Would really make pvp interesting :)..

Like ammo with +2 cold dmg per shot or +3 cut

Nice thinking :)

In addition....

In addition to what's already been said... since the TT value of sweat really is .01 per 1k, at 5 ped for 1k, the price is really around 50,000% !!! That makes sweat what I believe is probably one of THE MOST EXPENSIVE items in game already!... It only makes sense that the price is going down.

There's NO WAY IN HADES hunters are going to pay 50,000% for ammunition, so why the heck should they have to pay this outrageous high price for ammo in their attack chips?

Just something to think about... look at both sides of the story... seeing it from the buyers perspective might help you see why prices need to go down... at least in some folks opinions.

I personally think it should stay at .5 too, but since I see the other point of view, I can see why it's going down and probably should go down in price.

Last edited:
even adding more uses for sweat will not change the unlimited supply of it. but would be nice to do half a billion clicks on sweat texture.

even adding more uses for sweat will not change the unlimited supply of it. but would be nice to do half a billion clicks on sweat texture.

You are correct it won't change the supply amount but if used for some sort of useful crafting then the demand is greatly increased! With that being said we aren't trying to dampen production or supply rather than find a way to create demand to make balance and adjustment.

In addition to what's already been said... since the TT value of sweat really is .01 per 1k, at 5 ped for 1k, the price is really around 50,000% !!! That makes sweat what I believe is probably one of THE MOST EXPENSIVE items in game already!... It only makes sense that the price is going down.

Yes % wise it is.. cause it is worth the least aside from other items of the same value. But if you compare times to loot, harvest or find as however you would like to put it, it's really as tedious as watching paint dry. :)

Lot of sweat : low price.
Little sweat : high price.

Just the same as when people put shadow armour into the tt when that was dropping a lot.

The decrease in price will not stop until people just stop sweating.

You are correct it won't change the supply amount but if used for some sort of useful crafting then the demand is greatly increased! With that being said we aren't trying to dampen production or supply rather than find a way to create demand to make balance and adjustment.

add more uses for just sweat and more people will sweat (tapping into that unlimited supply)... further decreasing the demand for it. - ; )

Lot of sweat : low price.
Little sweat : high price.

Just the same as when people put shadow armour into the tt when that was dropping a lot.

The decrease in price will not stop until people just stop sweating.

It will if you increase the demand. We are trying to find a way in which sweat could be used to increase the demand, restore the value, point of the whole thread.

add more uses for just sweat and more people will sweat (tapping into that unlimited supply)... further decreasing the demand for it. - ; )

Lol what like the unlimited supply of any low tt fodder priced item XD. god if you ask me thunderbird L is like sweat cept with better tt ... haha

Lol what like the unlimited supply of any low tt fodder priced item XD. god if you ask me thunderbird L is like sweat cept with better tt ... haha

if only people would be less impatient with thunderbird L and stop tossing it into the TT... but alas thats a wholey different conversation on game mechanics.

- Be sure any players don't abuse the "sweat exploit"
- Reinstaure a sweat cap (1000)

Anyway, it is gonna take some time to decrease the sweat stock in the game.

ME 150% soon ( considering nexus 120%)

The problem is that sweat doesnt have a flexible use, because the production chain is something like this:

--> Sweat-->Force Nexus-->Mind essence-->Chips&more stuff

If yoy make sweating you want to sell, because you dont have peds.

And what about change sweat for another stuff? Like munition or probes. This way buyers dont need to spend peds and sellers can going to mining or hunting.

Maybe we can create a new market type change sweat for stuff xD

But I know for sure that prices of the another stuff may decreased If we follow this way.

Or maybe create an association that put together at sweaters and minings to make mind essence and selling it at a convincent price. They can split the benefits of the sellings.

Perhaps I am wrong but at least I try to help ;)

To increase the price of sweat, you can really only do it two different ways.

1. Increase the amount of people who use sweat
2. Increase the amount of sweat used by existing people.

Last edited:
To the last two posters, please try to read the thread as you are both suggesting ideas that have allready been suggested, and listing facts that we have allready come to agree'able conclusion on...

I don't mean to sound rude but Hardwrath why not post all that in your reply instead of hijacking my thread in order to draw attention to and promote your own?

As this thread allready includes your theory even if it doesn't say it in the same manner or doesn't provide the same exact mind force addition.

To the last two posters, please try to read the thread as you are both suggesting ideas that have allready been suggested, and listing facts that we have allready come to agree'able conclusion on...

I don't mean to sound rude but Hardwrath why not post all that in your reply instead of hijacking my thread in order to draw attention to and promote your own?

As this thread allready includes your theory even if it doesn't say it in the same manner or doesn't provide the same exact mind force addition.

I was not trying to promote my thread, I will remove the link & the proposed solution.

The points I made are simply reality.

Additionally, please show me where my idea has been presented before.

Welcome to the Sweat Restoration Thread

Our Goal: Find a way MA could restore sweat price to .5 that would be both beneficial to Mindark and to the players.

As per the stated goal of your thread, I presented a way to accomplish what you are seeking.

I was not trying to promote my thread, I will remove the link & the proposed solution.

The points I made are simply reality.

Additionally, please show me where my idea has been presented before.

As per the stated goal of your thread, I presented a way to accomplish what you are seeking.

Please refer back to prior post about reference to multiple and new mind chips being made that would drive up ME demand. Though the purpose of mind chip shield was not specifically named.. we have allready discussed stealth chips, levitation. etc etc.. naming every possible mind force use would be pointless as they all fall under the same concept & method to driving up ME prices

We are trying to find a way in which sweat could be used to increase the demand, restore the value, point of the whole thread.

I'm amazed that no one has started a thread to discuss this before. :wtg: :scratch2:

Postulating as to how to raise the price of sweat is like how in IRL they are trying to lower the price of oil.

If you can tweak capitalism to elicit the desired effect then so be it.

Please refer back to prior post about reference to multiple and new mind chips being made that would drive up ME demand. Though the purpose of mind chip shield was not specifically named.. we have allready discussed stealth chips, levitation. etc etc.. naming every possible mind force use would be pointless as they all fall under the same concept & method to driving up ME prices

Sweat demand would certianly increase by introducing new MindForce chips however the impact would be marginal.

If you introduced a new crafted (L) market to EU that used Vibrant Sweat in the crafting proccess that was on the scale of Weapon Amps and Mining Amps, then you would have a real impact on Sweat.

My idea creates that market. Give it a good read.

I was a proponent of more uses for sweat for a long time. It does sound logical and beneficial for all EU participants.
Nowadays I am more prone to think that such practice is far from long term solution. IMO It does sound exciting but just prolongs and amplifies current "magic circle" of how things get done. More uses would just eventually introduce more sweaters until new "equilibrium" is found. And that means new price drops sooner or later.
Whole "sweating problematic" should be treated from the root, and that is:

How sweat is gathered?

Tho, this solution would imply some effort from developers.
Sweat gathering should be (if it already isnt) much more dynamic. Players should be able to put meaningful effort into it, not just clicking every day at same place.

Possible implementation:

Every 12 hours system spawns a number of invisible objects all over map. Every single of these objects has following attributes: [radius], [potency].
Those avatars sweating in [radius] receive [set sweat probability+sweat skill]*[potency]. So, if you look for good spots, you gain sweat gathering skill faster also as more sweat. (I am aware that current sweat skill has close to none efficiency, and that should be changed.)

Explanation:

For most people its easier to do same boring thing every day and complain then do something actualy and make a change. Possibility to gather more sweat then others at the cost of using your brain and walking a bit is IMO a great filter for less sweaters, but more dedicated ones.

Changing a way of HOW sweat is gathered is best longterm solution. Also, bug with mobs stuck at server boundaries with infinite sweat must be removed.

I will elaborate further if anyone shows interest.

Back