Stalker
Banned
Society
ViaDolorosa
RipperSnapper
RipperSnapper_WBG.gif

Description :

This vicious fish live in rivers where it mainly seems to prey
on unwary creatures that try to swim across the river to get to the other side.
Its massive jaws are designed by nature to tear into any large prey
and rip off large chunks of flesh.

Creature Type :
ak_icon_undefined.jpg
They used to be Animals, now ???

Damage Type : 66% Cut, 33% Stab

Maturities

Young
Mature
Old
Provider
Guardian
Dominant
Alpha
Old Alpha
Prowler
Stalker

Loots

Vu 8.11

Marber Bravo
Sollomate Tasmo

Knight gloves (F/M)

Animal eye oil
Animal mucle oil
Animal oil residue
Animal thyroid gland oil
Basic strategic combat processor

Vu 9.0

Marber bravo type plasma annihilator
Sollomate Tasmo

Knight gloves (F/M)

Empty skill implant (L)

Advanced stone extractor
Animal eye oil
Animal hide
Animal mucle oil
Animal thyroid oil
Diluted cloth extractor
Paint (yellow)
Superior cloth extractor
Thin wool

Last edited by a moderator:
can a ripplesnapper be killed? :p cos when i saw it coming i run to the shore and it doesnt follow up and i couldn't shoot it in the water.

sry for such a noob question :silly2:

can a ripplesnapper be killed? :p cos when i saw it coming i run to the shore and it doesnt follow up and i couldn't shoot it in the water.

Should be able to :scratch:

But only In water. They are very hard to hit on land, because they dont stand still!

I'd guess so, considering there are known loots from the little blighter.

Never killed one personally, though was killed by the swine countless times as a n00bie :laugh:

The way I've done it is to lure them onto the shore and then pull their health bar out (good luck with that! :rolleyes: ) and use that to fire at them. I think I've only tried once or twice, and never did get a kill, because they go back in the water. Never been able to shoot underwater either.

Aye, Slippery Devils they are....

If anyone has a method for successfully hunting Rippers I'd love to hear it.

The way I've done it is to lure them onto the shore and then pull their health bar out (good luck with that! :rolleyes: ) and use that to fire at them. I think I've only tried once or twice, and never did get a kill, because they go back in the water. Never been able to shoot underwater either.

Aye, Slippery Devils they are....

If anyone has a method for successfully hunting Rippers I'd love to hear it.

This is interesting. Ive never had any problems whatsoever. When was the last time you tried? Could this be a newer VU thing?

I killed one maybe a month or more ago...

Go swimming and wait until one bites you to knee. Killing them on the land isn't easy but it is possible. Killing them underwater is as easy as killing any other mob on the land.

How? :scratch2:

My guns don't fire underwater....last time I checked.

Ummm, put a ZipLock baggie around your gun so it don't get wet. Of course that only works for one shot tho. Get a blade and make sushi.

You can use guns or blades underwater, but guns seem to miss more often in my experience.

Stay still, get a ripper to come to you (they will when you are in range quite happily) and as it arrives drag it's health bar off and equip your weapon using the health bar to fire it at the fishy. You'll not get far unless you are right on top of the ripper and above it ...so if it's above you or you aren't sure, just swim away a little and turn back 180 degrees and it will be in place.

It's good to drag health bars off all rippers if there are more than one, too easy to kill the wrong one and lose it in weeds if you don't and it makes it simple to attack the biggest 1st and reduce damage. If you have a bigger maturity on you the dmg it makes will show up as it's going to be a lot more then a young or mature. Loot doesn't vary much between maturities as far as I have experienced, unless the whole shoal are beasts like the ones at Palms Corner lake some days.

One dot on radar can mean a lot more than one ripper (I've had 20 plus on one dot which don't show until it's too late) and they swarm you if you get too close, so approach slowly until one or two come to you.

Don't move while fighting if you can help it either..use the health bar to change target and nudge forward if you're missing a lot, makes it way to easy to pass them and acquire them to attack while they have no such problems.

An axe 2x0 is a nice weapon for fast kills when mobbed but be sure to be as close as possible to the mob when using it. Powerfists and shortblades are cool to use too but don't have the speed and dmg for a few high maturity mobs that you need. Most times you will have one big fishy and a swarm of tiddlers so the axe wouldn't take much decay.

Shallow water in 1st person and 3rd person elsewhere seems best to me, but avoiding shallow water so you can see all around your ava is easiest by far. The surface can intefere badly too if you arent deep enough below it.

Nice skilling mob, like tantillions underwater ..take a FAP ;). Maybe come home with a bravo :).

t

They are great for skilling LB using axes - experiment a bit with them and you'll find they are quite easy to lure and kill. ;)

I have always been able to shoot them under water.
Find an area in the shallows where you are submerged, with your back to the shore, so they can't sneak behind you.
My A-3 MKII makes quick work of them.

I had exactly this problem trying to kill fish...always missed. Loads of ammo, no dead fish.

Then a socmate suggested using manual aim. It worked perfectly, and the poor fish died in seconds.

So whether it's a feature of the fish, or auto-aim not working underwater due to the difference in height, or what, who knows, but I would try manually aiming.

However, I think the idea of dragging out the health bars so as not to lose the deaduns is a good one too, whether you autoaim, or manual aim :)

I fish a lot, but only use ranged weapons when I've run out of life on blades...I noticed that if you watch the avatar shooting in 3rd person his firing often isn't even close to aimed at the target because of the swimming action? Shots go off to the side and behind an awful lot which doesn't happen on land standing upright when the arms are still.

Time the shots with the strokes and it appears to be more accurate, but I'm not 100% sure on that as I do it very rarely just to get to shore alive or to kill that last fishy that may have a bravo for me.

Another good reason to use the health bar that I forgot BTW, when there are many fishies on you it's real easy to kill the wrong one and think you missed, the health bar tells you which you hit and of course helps you loot it when it's dead if you click it as it starts to sink without needing to go after it at all.

t

I have had no problems shooting at them underwater, and last week I have looted a Sollomate Tasmo, first time I have seen them dropping a weapon :rolleyes:

I had exactly this problem trying to kill fish...always missed. Loads of ammo, no dead fish.

Then a socmate suggested using manual aim. It worked perfectly, and the poor fish died in seconds.

Yep, the manual aim is the trick. They kill fairly easy but can also swarm you quite easy, so be warned especially if you're hunting higher maturities.
To use auto-aim on these babies is a sure waste, especially up close.
Use the dragged health-bar if you can for looting especially in deeper waters or where visibilty is a bit crappy, like where there are plants on the riverbed.

They do loot Marber Bravo as a socmate of mine looted one not too long ago.

I looted a Marber Bravo from rippers at the lake near palms. This was a few months ago. More recently, I also looted a Sollomate Tasmo just a couple days ago. My method is to swim around until I find the biggest batch I can, then swim into the middle of 'em. Then I sit there shooting (and occasionally fapping) until I've killed them all. this works best if you are close to the bottom and firing upwards, that way the ones that you kill but miss the loot on will float down to you and can be easily picked up. the loots on these little fishies are almost always quite good.

Wasabi is optional.

Blackjack :cowboy:

New loots for VU 9.1....

100 ped ammo Korss H400 (L)

killed tons of them :)

Looted Advanced Stone Extractors lots of loots 441 total - OFTEN.
Looted Diluted Cloth Extractors 3 loots 49 total COMMON.
Looted Superior Cloth Extractors 1 loot 29 total RARE.

I like sweating those little buggers from shore even thought I can collect sweat a lot faster from land based animals

I was laughing for hours when I collected the first bottle never knew fish could sweat :laugh:

but this was pre vu9.1 don't know if you can still do it???:scratch2:

1st person aim mode with an amped opalo make sure ya have lasers and scope and they are mad easy..

3 bravos and a a tasmo so far

I try to global on them with item in loot, for my impossible mission.

To increase the chance of itemloot, I always look for biggest maturity.

Found this one:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

But damn, it was only one of them Old Alpha!

Anybody got an idea where I can find more Old Alphas or even bigger maturity?

Anybody got an idea where I can find more Old Alphas or even bigger maturity?

If i remember correctly when im doing tp runs if you run straight from Ithaca towards Fort Argus in the river the rippers are higher maturity dont think ive seen any larger than old alpha there though either :wise:

The biggest ones I've seen are in the lake by Palms Corner - is that where you found the OA? My fishie HoF was at Zeus though, on a Provider.

The biggest ones I've seen are in the lake by Palms Corner - is that where you found the OA? My fishie HoF was at Zeus though, on a Provider.

Yes this OA was near Palms, but I didn´t find another since that one.

I have been there 3 days in a row, found a lot of Domi, some Alphas and only one Old Alpha.

I've also looted wool from them - but they're exceptionally fun to sweat. Young are good for ~30 sweat, Mature for ~40, Old for ~50. Haven't seen any older than that yet, but now that I know where to look...

But I do agree, they can be a pain to hit. Luring them onto land makes them easier to hit, but more excersice to chase after!

Yes this OA was near Palms, but I didn´t find another since that one.

I have been there 3 days in a row, found a lot of Domi, some Alphas and only one Old Alpha.

The rippers at Palms seem to be set about the same as the gradivores on LA17 nearby as far as maturity is concerned, just the occasional OA there too..mostly the maturity levels you mentioned usually though. I meet an OA gradi every day there if I hunt a lot so you'll probably meet more too if you persevere. Maybe MA set the maturity the same way as LA owners do, but we just can't see the borders of the areas?

In my experience, matures and olds seem to global most often, but maybe that's just because they are cheaper to hunt and you kill more? The junction of rivers west of East Scylla is my favourite ripper spot at the moment ...slightly lower maturity there than Palms Corner but a nicer revive to repair/reload.

Good luck with your quest. :)

t

just go underwater and select the mob(in 3rd person view) then just click your gun cause the shots go one weird directions but somehow they magically still hit the fish..you miss alot of shots so these are one of the most uneco mobs to hunt

just go underwater and select the mob(in 3rd person view) then just click your gun cause the shots go one weird directions but somehow they magically still hit the fish..you miss alot of shots so these are one of the most uneco mobs to hunt

Do that with a melee weapon up really close from above and they aren't too bad eco.
Nice skills if you can afford some FAP and armour decay hunting this way and drawing a shoal to you at once. One bravo would pay that bill nowadays tho ;)

t

Goin’ Fishin’

You can use guns or blades underwater, but guns seem to miss more often in my experience.

Stay still, get a ripper to come to you (they will when you are in range quite happily) and as it arrives drag it's health bar off and equip your weapon using the health bar to fire it at the fishy. You'll not get far unless you are right on top of the ripper and above it ...so if it's above you or you aren't sure, just swim away a little and turn back 180 degrees and it will be in place.

It's good to drag health bars off all rippers if there are more than one, too easy to kill the wrong one and lose it in weeds if you don't and it makes it simple to attack the biggest 1st and reduce damage. If you have a bigger maturity on you the dmg it makes will show up as it's going to be a lot more then a young or mature. Loot doesn't vary much between maturities as far as I have experienced, unless the whole shoal are beasts like the ones at Palms Corner lake some days.

One dot on radar can mean a lot more than one ripper (I've had 20 plus on one dot which don't show until it's too late) and they swarm you if you get too close, so approach slowly until one or two come to you.

Don't move while fighting if you can help it either..use the health bar to change target and nudge forward if you're missing a lot, makes it way to easy to pass them and acquire them to attack while they have no such problems.

An axe 2x0 is a nice weapon for fast kills when mobbed but be sure to be as close as possible to the mob when using it. Powerfists and shortblades are cool to use too but don't have the speed and dmg for a few high maturity mobs that you need. Most times you will have one big fishy and a swarm of tiddlers so the axe wouldn't take much decay.

Shallow water in 1st person and 3rd person elsewhere seems best to me, but avoiding shallow water so you can see all around your ava is easiest by far. The surface can intefere badly too if you arent deep enough below it.

Nice skilling mob, like tantillions underwater ..take a FAP ;). Maybe come home with a bravo :).

t

Do that with a melee weapon up really close from above and they aren't too bad eco.
Nice skills if you can afford some FAP and armour decay hunting this way and drawing a shoal to you at once. One bravo would pay that bill nowadays tho ;)

t

Nice and helpful advice, thank you.

14010-mr-foss-goes-fishing.jpg

(Our picture shows Mr. Foss getting a bit more than his feet wet SE of Fort Zeus.)

I like my fish smashed to bits, quite fun with tt powerfist when im really bored :D

Havent looted anything worthwhile yet tho...

Status
Back